obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]@sparkly - Why do you want to hurt someone's feelings?

“There is actually no way KQ can be profitable in its current state. I don’t know how to do that,” Mr Mikosz said.

“The pilots are overpaid and the workforce bloated, bleeding the airline to death,” he said.

In Mr Makosz's view, KQ should be delisted from the Nairobi Securities Exchange to facilitate a quieter turnaround away from the noise of minority shareholders.

Mr Mikosz took a swipe at his predecessors Titus Naikuni and Mbuvi Ngunze, for bringing KQ to its current predicament.

Problems were compounded in 2017 when the airline was forced into a bad restructuring programme.

https://www.theeastafric...558-15dhd7kz/index.html

The JKIA must be gained by KQ or I am sunk. Well at least @maka has achieved his objective of forcing Sebastian out via sabotage including labor unrest and intentional malicious damage by the technical team to three aircraft in the last 6 months. As I have stated here since 2012, KQ employees are the main problem at KQ and not the airline industry itself.. Kenya has reasonable visitor traffic to ensure a profitable KQ, but the staff have other ideas including collusion with travel agents to drive traffic away from KQ to competition for a cut. Imagine that

.....and yet with all that info, you still hope for returns from this monkeyShame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Returns will come because GoK will not let the firm die.. You expect me to sell at 78% loss position? I will take my chances and wait to see how it ends..

Sometimes the best thing to do when u find yourself in a hole is to stop digging. Govt not letting KQ die is not slang for you making money off KQ stock.

At 78% loss, you need kq to rise by 156% just to break even. You need miracles and blessings my brother. With Mikosz's most recent situation analysis, and his opinion that KQ should be delisted to sort itself quietly away from the likes of you minority shareholders, that staff are overpaid, that govt patronage is mandatory for KQ, the writing's on the wall for u. He's given KQ at most 5 years.

We have more possibility for positive returns on our ARMCement 100% write offs than your stake in KQ. You better believe Murphy's law and act accordingly. Cut your losses while u still can. Thank me later.

Hakuna kitu mpya unaniambia.. I am ready to loose 100% and fully provide for the same but I sense that a turnaround is imminent.. That's why I remain inside https://www.businessdail...2580-13ol23y/index.html[/quote]

Bitange Ndemo, the self confessed enterprenuaral and consulting failure is now an expert on KQ matters Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

2018 loss must be worse. The way Mikosz is talking leaves a lot of doubts for KQ.

Ngunze and Naikuni messed the Airline big time and no need to apportion blame anymore. Pilots should not be blamed also. How much does KLM folks, Polish consultants and Mikosz earn in comparison to the output?

It is time for him to go if he cannot put in place a strong strategy team to guide the Airline forward.

5.6B loss is my forecast.. Sebastian talk is OK, the pain of having to explain a decision that benefits Kenyans who apparently do not see the sense in it

@Obiero.....u remind me of NJUNGE who was in love with Mumias Sugar. I really wish Njunge could speak about Mumias Sugar's current predicament.

One day soon it will all make sense to everyone.. Very soon. Today's volume traded is an indication

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#11902 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 9:49:41 PM

obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]@sparkly - Why do you want to hurt someone's feelings?

“There is actually no way KQ can be profitable in its current state. I don’t know how to do that,” Mr Mikosz said.

“The pilots are overpaid and the workforce bloated, bleeding the airline to death,” he said.

In Mr Makosz's view, KQ should be delisted from the Nairobi Securities Exchange to facilitate a quieter turnaround away from the noise of minority shareholders.

Mr Mikosz took a swipe at his predecessors Titus Naikuni and Mbuvi Ngunze, for bringing KQ to its current predicament.

Problems were compounded in 2017 when the airline was forced into a bad restructuring programme.

https://www.theeastafric...558-15dhd7kz/index.html

The JKIA must be gained by KQ or I am sunk. Well at least @maka has achieved his objective of forcing Sebastian out via sabotage including labor unrest and intentional malicious damage by the technical team to three aircraft in the last 6 months. As I have stated here since 2012, KQ employees are the main problem at KQ and not the airline industry itself.. Kenya has reasonable visitor traffic to ensure a profitable KQ, but the staff have other ideas including collusion with travel agents to drive traffic away from KQ to competition for a cut. Imagine that

.....and yet with all that info, you still hope for returns from this monkeyShame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Returns will come because GoK will not let the firm die.. You expect me to sell at 78% loss position? I will take my chances and wait to see how it ends..

Sometimes the best thing to do when u find yourself in a hole is to stop digging. Govt not letting KQ die is not slang for you making money off KQ stock.

At 78% loss, you need kq to rise by 156% just to break even. You need miracles and blessings my brother. With Mikosz's most recent situation analysis, and his opinion that KQ should be delisted to sort itself quietly away from the likes of you minority shareholders, that staff are overpaid, that govt patronage is mandatory for KQ, the writing's on the wall for u. He's given KQ at most 5 years.

We have more possibility for positive returns on our ARMCement 100% write offs than your stake in KQ. You better believe Murphy's law and act accordingly. Cut your losses while u still can. Thank me later.

Hakuna kitu mpya unaniambia.. I am ready to loose 100% and fully provide for the same but I sense that a turnaround is imminent.. That's why I remain inside https://www.businessdail...2580-13ol23y/index.html[/quote]

Bitange Ndemo, the self confessed enterprenuaral and consulting failure is now an expert on KQ matters Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

2018 loss must be worse. The way Mikosz is talking leaves a lot of doubts for KQ.

Ngunze and Naikuni messed the Airline big time and no need to apportion blame anymore. Pilots should not be blamed also. How much does KLM folks, Polish consultants and Mikosz earn in comparison to the output?

It is time for him to go if he cannot put in place a strong strategy team to guide the Airline forward.

5.6B loss is my forecast.. Sebastian talk is OK, the pain of having to explain a decision that benefits Kenyans who apparently do not see the sense in it

@Obiero.....u remind me of NJUNGE who was in love with Mumias Sugar. I really wish Njunge could speak about Mumias Sugar's current predicament.

One day soon it will all make sense to everyone.. Very soon. Today's volume traded is an indication

One day in 2012, it made sense to me. I dumped my KQ at 13-14. Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#11903 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 11:24:36 PM

The much anticipated and misunderstood PIIP document http://www.winda.co.ke/Proposed-PPP-KAA-KQ.pdf

sparkly
#11904 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:17:21 AM

[quote=obiero]The much anticipated and misunderstood PIIP document http://www.winda.co.ke/Proposed-PPP-KAA-KQ.pdf[/quote]

I have gone through the document but remain as sceptical as ever.

1. KQ has destroyed value for the last 10 years. It has issued new equity, taken loans to no avail. It is a mismanaged institution out to cannibalise assets of another parastal so as to pay off its own debts.

2. KQ is a listed public company but wants to enjoy the benefits of a government owned institution. It wants to have its cake and eat it. KQ's privatization based on Thatchernomics model was hailed as the most successful of its time. It went on to raise equity and debt capital based on its listed status. The Company has exhausted corporate goodwill at the nse and no longer wants to be listed.

3. KQ cannot have its cake and eat it. It cannot enjoy benefits of liberal market economics and still get GOK protection. Let us accept that privatization did not work for KQ, drop the current model and go for whatever works.

4. No company dies without ceremony. For KQ the ceremony will be liquidation, GOK to pay off sovereign guarantees.

5. Treasury can then go on to incorporate a new airline, fully governmemt owned and controlled to be driver of Kenya GDP blah blah blah
Life is short. Live passionately.
nairobby
#11905 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:56:54 AM

[quote=obiero]The much anticipated and misunderstood PIIP document http://www.winda.co.ke/Proposed-PPP-KAA-KQ.pdf[/quote]

I love KQ but this doc doesn't explain how this PPP will reduce KQ's biggest problem which is the crazy high cost structure
snifadog
#11906 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 11:02:12 AM

Kenya (gov't and private sector) in its current does not have the financial and operational discipline to run an international airline. Let's accept and move on. 2 years from now we shall be inspecting the carcass of KAA if this takeover happens
Fyatu
#11907 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 11:23:53 AM

Does anyone have information on the bid offers for my injured monkey - ARM? Githeri media has not been forthcoming with information. Even the disgraced Aly-Khan (AKS) has not tweeted. Kwani huko Nairobi siku hizi kuko aje??
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
muandiwambeu
#11908 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:06:35 PM

nairobby wrote:

I love KQ but this doc doesn't explain how this PPP will reduce KQ's biggest problem which is the crazy high cost structure

Njege ino.
They should have keep that monkey in a darkened cage instead. Now it is all in the public limelight and undefendable. Monkey business it was as usual. You see!
Experts talking monkey business in English thinking it's polish, polite and cool and expecting cool compliments for work well done online. Get off my back!
Feeling relieved by the conclusion made by the captains of this ship. They should now do the honourable thing instead of going kamikaze with the entire crew so that a new Joshua can take charge and lead the people to the promised Land. I am foreseeing more and more noise onward.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
HaMaina
#11909 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 8:41:27 PM

I've just received a PDF file on Kq/KAA merger but don't know how to post on wazua. Pls assist or give an email address.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
HaMaina
#11910 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:48:31 PM

Bwana Obiero pls send email address by sms to 0777-749904.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Angelica _ann
#11911 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:49:09 PM

HaMaina wrote:
I've just received a PDF file on Kq/KAA merger but don't know how to post on wazua. Pls assist or give an email address.

Already posted by KQ Communications Director at Wazua @Obiero post 11903.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#11912 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:51:02 PM

HaMaina wrote:

What kind of pdf.. Like this one? http://www.winda.co.ke/Proposed-PPP-KAA-KQ.pdf

HaMaina
#11913 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:52:58 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

Already posted by KQ Communications Director at Wazua @Obiero post 11903.

I'm told its yesterdays info.
obiero
#11914 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:55:17 PM

HaMaina wrote:
Bwana Obiero pls send email address by sms to 0777-749904.

info@winda.co.ke

HaMaina
#11915 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:55:43 PM

obiero wrote:
[quote=HaMaina]I've just received a PDF file on Kq/KAA merger but don't know how to post on wazua. Pls assist or give an email address.

What kind of pdf.. Like this one? http://www.winda.co.ke/Proposed-PPP-KAA-KQ.pdf[/quote]

You're right, its the same document.
HaMaina
#11916 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:58:49 PM

obiero wrote:
[quote=HaMaina]I've just received a PDF file on Kq/KAA merger but don't know how to post on wazua. Pls assist or give an email address.

What kind of pdf.. Like this one? http://www.winda.co.ke/Proposed-PPP-KAA-KQ.pdf[/quote]

You're right, its the same document.
obiero
#11917 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:48:45 AM

nairobby wrote:

The cost structure was primarily laden with expensive debt. That line is now down 41% post restructuring. Fleet rationalization also hit at the expenses by 18%.. Overall the expense lines are under unrelenting attack hence union agitation

ArrestedDev
#11918 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:51:48 AM

obiero wrote:
nairobby wrote:

The cost structure was primarily laden with expensive debt. That line is now down 41% post restructuring. Fleet rationalization also hit at the expenses by 18%.. Overall the expense lines are under unrelenting attack hence union agitation

What do you mean by saying fleet rationalisation hit the expenses by 18%. Fleet reduction is among the stupid decisions made during the restructuring being referred to by Mikosz in the recent press conference he held.

MJ is being quoted saying the opposite of what Mikosz said. They are not reading from the same script. KQ recovery is far away.

The reduction in services being mentioned by Mikosz includes terminating routes e.g. Newyork.
rwitre
#11919 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:52:47 AM

sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Let's see how wrong "experienced NSE investors" can be. I'll use bitcoin, which an elder has called takataka some time back, while strongly vouching for KQ.

As of 16th March 2019,
KQ price per share: Sh. 5.56
BTC price: $3984

Will compare percentage increase/decrease after a year.

My opinion for the minority shareholders trapped in KQ: You can sell, take the loss, and plough all that cash into some BTC. It will recoup your costs, and earn you a tidy profit.

Plus let's face it-at this point KQ is just frustrating y'all (yes, even more than those in BTC with its wild price swings). So many blindspots, hidden players calling the shots, still in loss territory, and minority shareholders not knowing who is looking out for their interests.

But am not a prophet, so let's check back in a year.

Ni hayo tu kwa sasa.

KQ flies passengers and cargo all over the world, employs hundreds directly and thousands indirectly, pays billions in taxes to GOK. What does bitcoin do?

😂 Nothing. It just sits there and looks pretty
ArrestedDev
#11920 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:03:43 AM

The journey to recovery is very slow and treacherous as I have said before.

It looks like Mikosz and his bogus consultants are on their way out as earlier indicated by @maka.

Unless a competent management is put in place there will be no quick recovery.

If concubines are being appointed to plum posts instead of people who can strategise then KQ will be swallowed by the competition. Not even the JKIA deal will save it.

The PIIP document is poorly drafted. We need to see clearly how the concession will help KQ build its own catering, increase cargo uplift etc

There are things that should be done even before the concession e.g. KQ to set up its own fuel purchasing company.

https://www.businessdail...32946-muisw0z/index.html