wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<579580581582583>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Ericsson
#11601 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:54:49 PM

[quote=peep]If KQ are given JKIA and in the likely event that Kenya defaults on the SGR loan, will JKIA then be considered fair game for Chinese takeover?

https://www.businessdail...48662-p2y3b3/index.html[/quote]

Both kenya airways and JKIA will be taken over
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
limanika
#11602 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:03:42 PM

[quote=peep]If KQ are given JKIA and in the likely event that Kenya defaults on the SGR loan, will JKIA then be considered fair game for Chinese takeover?

https://www.businessdail...48662-p2y3b3/index.html[/quote]
JKIA na SGR zinaingiana wapi?

But we know what will happen with the merger...KQ stops paying parking and other ground handling fees- coz they 'own' the subsidiary-...JKIA financial status goes red...black-out
VituVingiSana
#11603 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 1:32:04 AM

Swenani wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Airways plans for a new direct flight linking Nairobi and Beijing, the 2nd largest Chinese city by urban population.

It's been long overdue.

KQ are also spamming my email with flights advert to Rome starting 12th June

Geneva was a very big surprise.

@maka, how did the commercial and network arrived at the Geneva flight?

Thought sometime last year I had said they were opening Fiumicino... Tel Aviv... and Geneva... Honestly don't know how they ame up with Geneva... 🤔🤔🤔

Apart from the catholic sex predators, who flies to Rome?
Lots of folks. Plus Italy is a large source market for KE tourism.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ArrestedDev
#11604 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 8:31:41 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Airways plans for a new direct flight linking Nairobi and Beijing, the 2nd largest Chinese city by urban population.

It's been long overdue.

KQ are also spamming my email with flights advert to Rome starting 12th June

Geneva was a very big surprise.

@maka, how did the commercial and network arrived at the Geneva flight?

Thought sometime last year I had said they were opening Fiumicino... Tel Aviv... and Geneva... Honestly don't know how they ame up with Geneva... 🤔🤔🤔

Apart from the catholic sex predators, who flies to Rome?
Lots of folks. Plus Italy is a large source market for KE tourism.

Leisure travelers heading there too. Increase in NBO transfers on KQ.
Ericsson
#11605 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:11:54 PM

Ethiopia’s Addis Ababa Bole International Airport expanded at a cost of $363 million to triple its size & accommodate over 22 million passengers every year. Addis Ababa is now the biggest aviation hub in Africa.
maka
#11606 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 2:17:39 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Ethiopia’s Addis Ababa Bole International Airport expanded at a cost of $363 million to triple its size & accommodate over 22 million passengers every year. Addis Ababa is now the biggest aviation hub in Africa.

If you talk you will be told you are not patriotic....
possunt quia posse videntur
Ericsson
#11607 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 2:42:13 PM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Something for kenya airways and KAA to aim for
ArrestedDev
#11608 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:45:22 PM

Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Something for kenya airways and KAA to aim for

No way to get there without visionary leadership.
ArrestedDev
#11609 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:54:26 PM

maka
#11610 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:08:08 PM

[quote=ArrestedDev]70 Aircrafts by 2025.

http://atwonline.com/air...bling-fleet-70-aircraft[/quote]

Good luck to them....

Hope they buy the 787-10.
Wororo
#11611 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:55:51 PM

maka wrote:

Good luck to them....

Interesting Comments - Link here

KQ’s desire to double its fleet has been talked about for the past 5 years and unfortunately whenever the topic got serious, the airline got a reality check when its annual “net losses” were disclosed us thus forcing it to consider network + fleet cut backs. As long as a route such as JFK is operated on a nonstop daily basis (currently reduced to 5 weekly), the airline has no hope of making an overall net profit as a “stand alone airline entity”.

Currently, KQ operates 35 aircraft i.e. 15 E90s + 8 B787-8s + 4 B737-700s + 8 B737-800s. To double its fleet within 6 years for an airline like KQ is not commercially nor financially feasible.

To begin with, its fleet planning strategy needs to be addressed as for them to consider the A321NEO-LR is a big mistake as it does not need to add another fleet type into the mix especially in the narrow body category when its pilots + engineers are already trained and rated on the B737s for decades.

The current fleet revolves around 3 aircraft types which need to be brought down to 2 in order to realize long term cost savings and efficiencies throughout the airline. This can be done in the below manner:
a) The 15 E90s by 2024 need to be replaced by 15 Boeing 737MAX7s (7M7s). Over here, KQ need to get Boeing to offer them a similar deal to what AC got few years ago when the latter ordered a bunch load of B737MAXs and in exchange Boeing purchased 20 E90s from them.
b) 4 B737-700s + 8 B737-800s to be replaced by Boeing 20 737MAX8s (7M8s) only
c) The 8 B788s to be replaced by 10 B789s provided Boeing agrees to buy back the 8 B788s in exchange for this above proposed new order.
d) Total 45 aircraft spread across 2 fleet types only i.e. B737MAX + B787 families
e) 70 aircraft are not needed and the more long-haul wide body flying the airline does, the higher annual net loss it will end up incurring.
f) The incremental narrow body aircraft need to be used to strengthen a second medium haul departure hub wave bank out of NBO airport
maka
#11612 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:31:54 PM

Wororo wrote:
maka wrote:

Good luck to them....

KQ’s desire to double its fleet has been talked about for the past 5 years and unfortunately whenever the topic got serious, the airline got a reality check when its annual “net losses” were disclosed us thus forcing it to consider network + fleet cut backs. As long as a route such as JFK is operated on a nonstop daily basis (currently reduced to 5 weekly), the airline has no hope of making an overall net profit as a “stand alone airline entity”.

Currently, KQ operates 35 aircraft i.e. 15 E90s + 8 B787-8s + 4 B737-700s + 8 B737-800s. To double its fleet within 6 years for an airline like KQ is not commercially nor financially feasible.

To begin with, its fleet planning strategy needs to be addressed as for them to consider the A321NEO-LR is a big mistake as it does not need to add another fleet type into the mix especially in the narrow body category when its pilots + engineers are already trained and rated on the B737s for decades.

The current fleet revolves around 3 aircraft types which need to be brought down to 2 in order to realize long term cost savings and efficiencies throughout the airline. This can be done in the below manner:
a) The 15 E90s by 2024 need to be replaced by 15 Boeing 737MAX7s (7M7s). Over here, KQ need to get Boeing to offer them a similar deal to what AC got few years ago when the latter ordered a bunch load of B737MAXs and in exchange Boeing purchased 20 E90s from them.
c) The 8 B788s to be replaced by 10 B789s provided Boeing agrees to buy back the 8 B788s in exchange for this above proposed new order.
d) Total 45 aircraft spread across 2 fleet types only i.e. B737MAX + B787 families
e) 70 aircraft are not needed and the more long-haul wide body flying the airline does, the higher annual net loss it will end up incurring.
f) The incremental narrow body aircraft need to be used to strengthen a second medium haul departure hub wave bank out of NBO airport

Well about NYC haven't I been harping that here even before it started.... Non patrioticLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Trust me when they announce their financials part of the reason/excuse for the losses will be NYC...
ArrestedDev
#11613 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 4:28:29 PM

maka wrote:
Wororo wrote:
maka wrote:

Good luck to them....

Well about NYC haven't I been harping that here even before it started.... Non patrioticLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Trust me when they announce their financials part of the reason/excuse for the losses will be NYC...

I don’t agree with the above analysis. It is possible with a visionary leadership. Let’s wait and see if Mikosz will deliver.

Planes can be leased. Jambojet doubled the fleet in just months.
maka
#11614 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:08:19 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
Wororo wrote:
maka wrote:

Good luck to them....

I don’t agree with the above analysis. It is possible with a visionary leadership. Let’s wait and see if Mikosz will deliver.

Sebastian is nowhere near visionary.... Ummh what planes does jambo jet have again?
ArrestedDev
#11615 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 2:32:05 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
Wororo wrote:
maka wrote:

Good luck to them....

Sebastian is nowhere near visionary.... Ummh what planes does jambo jet have again?

The Q400s leased from various providers.

He pulled Lot Polish out of loss, placed Dreamliner orders and expanded the network.

Just give him time. He has already pulled the right moves within KQ.

You cannot compare him with Ngunze.

The Airline right now is not in the news for the wrong unlike during Ngunze’s tenure.

Revenue increase can only come from flying more (bigger network)

maka
#11616 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2019 3:51:21 PM

If you are travelling next week better plan ahead there might be major disruptions because of a KAA staff strike....
VituVingiSana
#11617 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2019 10:53:33 PM

maka wrote:
If you are travelling next week better plan ahead there might be major disruptions because of a KAA staff strike....

Kelele ya chura. I do not support giving JKIA to KQ but the KAA staff are not doing customers any favors.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
jmbada
#11618 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 1:24:12 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:

Kelele ya chura. I do not support giving JKIA to KQ but the KAA staff are not doing customers any favors.

Meanwhile, Ethiopian Airlines strategy
https://www.theeastafric..._twitter_impression=true
ArrestedDev
#11619 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 2:22:53 PM

jmbada wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=maka]If you are travelling next week better plan ahead there might be major disruptions because of a KAA staff strike....

https://www.theeastafric...twitter_impression=true[/quote]

This is past tense.
Ericsson
#11620 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 2:24:04 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
jmbada wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=maka]If you are travelling next week better plan ahead there might be major disruptions because of a KAA staff strike....

https://www.theeastafric...twitter_impression=true[/quote]

This is past tense.

Like mafi ya kuku