Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Angelica _ann
#11461 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:39:32 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
An airport authority managing all airports in a country should be independent of any of it's airline customers. Therefore that KAA/KQ deal is wrong. I don't know what international regulations say but this arrangement is wrong. It's like giving one matatu sacco eg Matako sacco authority to run all the bus termini in Kenya whereas this is the responsibility of county govts and also the numerous competitors would be unhappy with such an arrangement. If KQ hasn't succeeded in profitably ferrying passengers from point A to B how are they expected to manage airports and airstrips in mandela and lokichoggio? Why can't KQ focus on it's core business?

Kindly ask questions when unsure of the subject matter. KQ will be a concessionier in the arrangement, being contracted by KAA as the managing authority for JKIA and JKIA only.. All other 62 airports and airstrips remain under KAA..
Further reading on this can be the cases of Ethiopia, UAE, the Kingdom of Qatar

If they can't profitably manage their core business how will they manage JKIA?

Naikuni turned KQ inside out.. The company in itself would never have been in loss making territory if the management hadn't gambled on Project Mawingu

Addis connection to any destination in Central and West Africa is unparalleled at the moment.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#11462 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:52:03 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
An airport authority managing all airports in a country should be independent of any of it's airline customers. Therefore that KAA/KQ deal is wrong. I don't know what international regulations say but this arrangement is wrong. It's like giving one matatu sacco eg Matako sacco authority to run all the bus termini in Kenya whereas this is the responsibility of county govts and also the numerous competitors would be unhappy with such an arrangement. If KQ hasn't succeeded in profitably ferrying passengers from point A to B how are they expected to manage airports and airstrips in mandela and lokichoggio? Why can't KQ focus on it's core business?

Kindly ask questions when unsure of the subject matter. KQ will be a concessionier in the arrangement, being contracted by KAA as the managing authority for JKIA and JKIA only.. All other 62 airports and airstrips remain under KAA..

Naikuni turned KQ inside out.. The company in itself would never have been in loss making territory if the management hadn't gambled on Project Mawingu

Addis connection to any destination in Central and West Africa is unparalleled at the moment.

Not just in Central and West Africa but also in Europe and Americas for an African hub
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
ArrestedDev
#11463 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:05:09 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Lower taxes (lower ticket prices), cheap labour, state subsidies, large patriotic population in the diaspora , less competition into Addis from other Airlines, minimal cases of bribery and corruption, huge cargo network (dedicated freighters), integrated services to service the Airline (MRO facility, Cargo handling, Ground handling, Catering, Duty free, Airport security etc)

With all the above then what do you expect?
Angelica _ann
#11464 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:06:27 PM

Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Not just in Central and West Africa but also in Europe and Americas for an African hub

I was talking about the routes i use. smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Monk
#11465 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:38:04 PM

obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:

For a KQ officionado, you surprise me! Surely you don't believe Project Mawingu was the only nefarious scheme under Naikuni that brought it to its knees. What happened to your memory of the findings on ticketing scams, choreographed flight cancellations to benefit own hotels, and numerous other corrupt practices presided over by that "Dream team" star, and his C-suite team. Please try to maintain some objectivity and honesty, however much you love the stock.
Ericsson
#11466 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 4:33:22 PM

Big aviation news: Bole Airport (Addis Abeba) overtakes #Dubai Airport, for the first time ever, as the largest aviation gateway to Africa. Source: @ForwardKeys. A remarkable achievement by #Ethiopia, #Africa & @flyethiopian. Focus, vision, determination! Congratulations!
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#11467 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:39:44 PM

Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:

For a KQ officionado, you surprise me! Surely you don't believe Project Mawingu was the only nefarious scheme under Naikuni that brought it to its knees. What happened to your memory of the findings on ticketing scams, choreographed flight cancellations to benefit own hotels, and numerous other corrupt practices presided over by that "Dream team" star, and his C-suite team. Please try to maintain some objectivity and honesty, however much you love the stock.

I could mention even more misdeeds but you get the point and that's all that matters

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#11468 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 8:33:44 AM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:

I could mention even more misdeeds but you get the point and that's all that matters

Subjective analysis from @Obiero has cost him massive capital erosion. I urged this KQ octogenarian to abandon the stock and rejuvenate his mindset in cryptocurrency.

I'll provide you free spot on analysis and due diligence guidance 1+1=2 kama vile kwa mtoto till you catch up with the rest of cryptos' astute investors and shrewd traders.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
VituVingiSana
#11469 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 1:52:13 PM

Kenya's neighbours reject KQ's 'small' Bombadier planes
https://www.theeastafric...5224-2ppt2uz/index.html

Three east African countries have refused to allow flights of national carrier Kenya Airways’ (KQ) small bombardier planes into their countries in what could raise diplomatic tensions with Nairobi.

And TZ is also in the mix.

So silly but #ThisIsAfrica - I feel for KQ
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#11470 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 9:23:19 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Subjective analysis from @Obiero has cost him massive capital erosion. I urged this KQ octogenarian to abandon the stock and rejuvenate his mindset in cryptocurrency.

I'll provide you free spot on analysis and due diligence guidance 1+1=2 kama vile kwa mtoto till you catch up with the rest of cryptos' astute investors and shrewd traders.

Wewe kula hasara za Cryptocurrency polepole bila bughuda

Ericsson
#11471 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 7:39:24 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Three east African countries have refused to allow flights of national carrier Kenya Airways’ (KQ) small bombardier planes into their countries in what could raise diplomatic tensions with Nairobi.

Kenya should think like USA and Trump.Build domestic purchasing/consuming power.
VituVingiSana
#11472 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 10:25:41 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Kenya should think like USA and Trump.Build domestic purchasing/consuming power.
That can only happen when Kenya has something others really want. Apparently, we can't even run a railway let alone build one.
As long as people want USD, the USA will remain a powerhouse. They can print USD in exchange for real goods and services.

Back to the EAC and KQ... why do I have the feeling that TZ is behind Burundi's tantrum?
TZ has re-launched its airline and this might be a way of frustrating KQ.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#11473 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 5:44:39 PM

That's why kq should focus on domestic and flights to West Africa,Europe, Asia and America
obiero
#11474 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 6:22:34 PM

Ericsson wrote:
That's why kq should focus on domestic and flights to West Africa,Europe, Asia and America

All routes are important and especially Africa which currently brings in 54% of KQ revenues

hardwood
#11475 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 6:44:29 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

All routes are important and especially Africa which currently brings in 54% of KQ revenues

All businesses should respond to the needs of the customer. If the customer wants a jetliner with business class, give him what he wants, and charge him accordingly, don't force them into turboprops/proboxes that you claim are cheaper to fly. It's all about the customer and the customer is always right. Personally i hate turboprops coz i get some piercing headache/ear-ache when they descend to land. Could be something to do with cabin pressurization.
obiero
#11476 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 6:48:24 PM

hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

All businesses should respond to the needs of the customer. If the customer wants a jetliner with business class, give him what he wants, don't force them into turboprops/proboxes. Personally i hate turboprops coz i get some piercing headache/ear-ache when they descend to land. Could be something to do with cabin pressurization.

@ hardwood I also rarely travel on the props.. However for the routes bringing drama, it's only a few politicians who want that adjustment

hardwood
#11477 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 7:05:03 PM

obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

All businesses should respond to the needs of the customer. If the customer wants a jetliner with business class, give him what he wants, don't force them into turboprops/proboxes. Personally i hate turboprops coz i get some piercing headache/ear-ache when they descend to land. Could be something to do with cabin pressurization.

@ hardwood I also rarely travel on the props.. However for the routes bringing drama, it's only a few politicians who want that adjustment

If all our top govt officials and business/NGO executives travel business class, why do you want Burundian elites to sit with wanjiku in the cattle class? Why not provide a plane with a business class compartment, even if it's a small one? They said they use JKIA as a hub to connect to the world. If they travel business class from london, Paris, NY etc to JKIA, let them also travel business between JKIA and Burundi.
obiero
#11478 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 7:09:48 PM

hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

If all our top govt officials and business/NGO executives travel business class, why do you want Burundian elites to sit with wanjiku in the cattle class? Why not provide a plane with a business class compartment, even if it's a small one? They said they use JKIA as a hub to connect to the world. If they travel business class from london, Paris, NY etc to JKIA, let them also travel business between JKIA and Burundi.

You miss the point. Kenya has a larger pool of multinationals hence validity in business class, even South Sudan warrants it.. But Buja doesn't..

hardwood
#11479 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 7:23:28 PM

obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

You miss the point. Kenya has a larger pool of multinationals hence validity in business class, even South Sudan warrants it.. But Buja doesn't..

It's not like they don't have options. They will fly ethiopian via addis business class if KQ wamenyeta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giq8t3mvOWg

obiero
#11480 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 8:31:29 PM

hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

It's not like they don't have options. They will fly ethiopian via addis business class if KQ wamenyeta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giq8t3mvOWg

That they are free to do but why force ordinary folk to be denied the chance to fly.. First time fliers via cost efficiency offered through Jj