maka
#10981 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 8:35:51 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Schedule changes to US flight....Some flights cancelled because of lack of pax. 1st week....Mon....Wed... flights cancelled so on and so on...
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

When will the real trawling of green bucks begin. Fun and pun intended. HOTAC manenos vipi

You should not believe everything you read on the internet

smile

Nothing wrong here.. New route and logical management. No need to fly empty planes to proove a non existent point

Why start the route in the first place even after being told time and time again that it will be a very very hard sale/sell.... smile In the other side of the world an Icelandic airline called WOW flies from Dehli to Orlando....with one of the highetst cabin factor ever @ 92%
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#10982 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 9:29:34 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
Schedule changes to US flight....Some flights cancelled because of lack of pax. 1st week....Mon....Wed... flights cancelled so on and so on...

When will the real trawling of green bucks begin. Fun and pun intended. HOTAC manenos vipi

smile

Nothing wrong here.. New route and logical management. No need to fly empty planes to proove a non existent point

Why start the route in the first place even after being told time and time again that it will be a very very hard sale/sell.... smile In the other side of the world an Icelandic airline called WOW flies from Dehli to Orlando....with one of the highetst cabin factor ever @ 92%

You expect every other airline to stop selling tickets because KQ now flies to JFK?? Compe ni compe roho safi.. And you do know Atlanta is the next destination followed by DC.. Utajua hujui

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#10983 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 10:06:12 PM

KQ should be included as a Management Case on how NOT to run a business!
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Teach the next generation...

Which leads me to "choices have consequences"
I am so comfy in my "lack-luster" core firms that have less drama.
80% of my investment portfolio. 3-5% Dividend Yield.

I like to sleep at night.

Profits rise and fall but remain (usually) profitable and pay me a dividend.
KenRe - Management drama "solved" until 2022
KK - since Ohana took over
I&M - A top-10 KE bank but a large Tier 2 bank
Unga - Drama on ownership but profits are decent

I like to sleep at night Whistle Uzee
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#10984 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 3:02:33 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:

smile

You expect every other airline to stop selling tickets because KQ now flies to JFK?? Compe ni compe roho safi.. And you do know Atlanta is the next destination followed by DC.. Utajua hujui

Sebastian is making the same mistakes that TN made expanding too fast... I honestly hope it works out for him... I dont like Mbuvi that much but his strategy was shrink first then expand later when things are ok...for the better part of the period he was CEO it worked only problem is that KALPA gave him hell... Suppliers had been paid most of the bank loans were up to date... Salaries were on time (at some point guys were being paid even on 10th of the next month when things were bad)....I rem a couple of flights were denied fuel in various countries coz of debt...In comes Sebastian...Wanton unplanned expansion... Mogadishu was to starts in Jan moved to Nov... Rush to get suppliers...GHA contracts to be signed etc.... Excatly why the stop spend memo was sent.... Give it a few months you will see suppliers crying because of lack of payment... NYC was and will never be a good idea for now... Its clearly coming out even if the likes of akina Obiero and the govt fellows are refuting... All the gains will be eroded in a few months back to square one...
VituVingiSana
#10985 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 6:24:45 PM

Is Sebastian already spending money he expects to get from JKIA?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#10986 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 7:04:48 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:

smile

Sebastian is making the same mistakes that TN made expanding too fast... I honestly hope it works out for him... I dont like Mbuvi that much but his strategy was shrink first then expand later when things are ok...for the better part of the period he was CEO it worked only problem is that KALPA gave him hell... Suppliers had been paid most of the bank loans were up to date... Salaries were on time (at some point guys were being paid even on 10th of the next month when things were bad)....I rem a couple of flights were denied fuel in various countries coz of debt...In comes Sebastian...Wanton unplanned expansion... Mogadishu was to starts in Jan moved to Nov... Rush to get suppliers...GHA contracts to be signed etc.... Excatly why the stop spend memo was sent.... Give it a few months you will see suppliers crying because of lack of payment... NYC was and will never be a good idea for now... Its clearly coming out even if the likes of akina Obiero and the govt fellows are refuting... All the gains will be eroded in a few months back to square one...

@maka thank you for admitting that Ngunze was a level headed fellow.. As for New York, it's like making out; you never know how good it will be until you do it!

ArrestedDev
#10987 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 4:19:09 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:

smile

@maka, Sebastian cannot be compared to TN and Ngunze. If Ngunze was to remain as CEO then KQ could have collapsed. @obiero, I have said here again and again that Ngunze was not an astute manager at all. Let me not keep repeating.

@maka, no feeder routes for JFK as of now. Route cannot begin and it breaks even on the 1st and 2nd year. It will only pick up as more routes are added i.e. more transfer pax via NBO. Mogadishu is very key. Turkish is reaping big from the big Somali diapsora and hence the decision made by Sebastian to fastrack. It will help to prop up JFK.

What KQ needs is passengers numbers to increase. The only way to increase is through new routes.

You cannot grow an Airline by shrinking it. You will allow the competitors to dominate and catching up with them will be very hard.

Sebastian is reversing the poor decisions made by Ngunze. There was nothing wrong with expansion. It is only that TN, Mbugua, Ngunze, Mwaniki and their political associates used the oppoturnity to loot. Instead of leasing planes, they opted for debt and inflated aircraft prices. It is corruption and mismanagement which led to the current state of KQ and not expansion.

I mean, you saw the forensic audit report how the looting took place. Do I really need to remind you this?

Ngunze was paying suppliers and staff salaries using loans and proceeds from disposal of assets. He even said on Citizen tv while being interviewed by Terryanne.

muandiwambeu
#10988 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:09:43 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

I like to sleep at night Laughing out loudly " Uzee

Drama za KQueer, tuachie choirmaster na generation Y. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#10989 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:58:58 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Drama za KQueer, tuachie choirmaster na generation Y. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Boom! New uniform, new menu, new routes, new beginnings!

HaMaina
#10990 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:11:31 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Unazeeshwa na mini? " 18 till I die " Should be the motto.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#10991 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:17:58 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:

smile

@maka, Sebastian cannot be compared to TN and Ngunze. If Ngunze was to remain as CEO then KQ could have collapsed. @obiero, I have said here again and again that Ngunze was not an astute manager at all. Let me not keep repeating.

@maka, no feeder routes for JFK as of now. Route cannot begin and it breaks even on the 1st and 2nd year. It will only pick up as more routes are added i.e. more transfer pax via NBO. Mogadishu is very key. Turkish is reaping big from the big Somali diapsora and hence the decision made by Sebastian to fastrack. It will help to prop up JFK.

What KQ needs is passengers numbers to increase. The only way to increase is through new routes.

You cannot grow an Airline by shrinking it. You will allow the competitors to dominate and catching up with them will be very hard.

Sebastian is reversing the poor decisions made by Ngunze. There was nothing wrong with expansion. It is only that TN, Mbugua, Ngunze, Mwaniki and their political associates used the oppoturnity to loot. Instead of leasing planes, they opted for debt and inflated aircraft prices. It is corruption and mismanagement which led to the current state of KQ and not expansion.

I mean, you saw the forensic audit report how the looting took place. Do I really need to remind you this?

Ngunze was paying suppliers and staff salaries using loans and proceeds from disposal of assets. He even said on Citizen tv while being interviewed by Terryanne.

@arresteddev ET has beaten KQ in the race to MOG

VituVingiSana
#10992 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:37:17 PM

HaMaina wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Unazeeshwa na mini? " 18 till I die " Should be the motto.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly #Uzee
VituVingiSana
#10993 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:39:10 PM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Boom! New uniform, new menu, new routes, new beginnings!

Those uniforms look good on models who are in shape. The reality in the air is different.
I know it should not be a consideration but one of the pleasures of flying Ethiopian is...
ArrestedDev
#10994 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:25:11 AM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:

smile

It is called strategy. Watching what the competition is doing and responding swifly to counter the moves. There is no difference in product between KQ and ET. In some instances KQ's is even more superior.

This is what Ngunze lacked. I remember one of the most shallow decision he took was to sign off the B777 pilots to Ethiopian. How on earth can you do that? The competitor will wrestle you to the ground and you will not wake up. This is why @obiero I tell you KQ was going to collapse if Ngunze was to stay for long. He just didn't understand at all how an Airline should be managed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously responding swiftly to the competition moves unsettles staff as this will put alot of pressure to get things done quickly. You can see the frustration in @maka's comments.

There is no other way to pull this Airline out of the mess. Planes need to fly more in order to make money. There is no shortcut. Expansion should even be more rapid and Sebastian knows this very well. It is only due to the lack of working capital which is hindering Sebastian from moving very fast.
obiero
#10995 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:37:18 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:

smile

It is called strategy. Watching what the competition is doing and responding swifly to counter the moves. There is no difference in product between KQ and ET. In some instances KQ's is even more superior.

This is what Ngunze lacked. I remember one of the most shallow decision he took was to sign off the B777 pilots to Ethiopian. How on earth can you do that? The competitor will wrestle you to the ground and you will not wake up. This is why @obiero I tell you KQ was going to collapse if Ngunze was to stay for long. He just didn't understand at all how an Airline should be managed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously responding swiftly to the competition moves unsettles staff as this will put alot of pressure to get things done quickly. You can see the frustration in @maka's comments.

There is no other way to pull this Airline out of the mess. Planes need to fly more in order to make money. There is no shortcut. Expansion should even be more rapid and Sebastian knows this very well. It is only due to the lack of working capital which is hindering Sebastian from moving very fast.

Kenya Airways Plc has revived long-shelved plans to expand its network by proposing to buy as many as 10 Boeing Co. 737 Max aircraft as part of a five-year strategy.

The move follows three consecutive years of losses caused by a poorly executed expansion strategy and fuel-hedging contracts that saw it miss out on rock-bottom oil prices. The losses forced the company into austerity measures that included job cuts, a 15 percent fleet reduction and the abandonment of an expensive but valuable landing slot at London’s Heathrow airport.

“We’ve put out a proposal for 10 planes at the moment,” Chief Operations Officer Jan de Vegt said in an interview in the capital, Nairobi, on Wednesday. “We will then have to take two to three years at least to introduce them. You have to train pilots.”
The current fleet is insufficient for new routes the carrier plans to take up, De Vegt said. KQ will begin direct flights to the U.S. on Oct. 28.

“The Max, for instance, could take us to Rome, which our present 737s can’t,” he said. The jet has new engines, better aerodynamics and uses less fuel, “and if you use less fuel you can put more on board and you can fly farther.”

maka
#10996 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:12:01 AM

Immigration have refused to renew Jan's permit...He went back to Amsterdam on Monday...The New Ground Services Director will know his fate on the 28th of October...
Jibabe
#10997 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:28:26 PM

So I hear it’s romoured he’s 60+ years and comes as part of the Benefit in Kind (services for shares) from KLM smh.....
ArrestedDev
#10998 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:43:04 PM

maka wrote:
Immigration have refused to renew Jan's permit...He went back to Amsterdam on Monday...The New Ground Services Director will know his fate on the 28th of October...

Good move by all those involved. I hope it is a plan by MJ and Mikosz to stop KLM influence and not just the directive from Matiangi to weed out foreigners taking up jobs which locals can do.

@maka, thanks for this. Provide the updates.
obiero
#10999 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:04:04 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

Good move by all those involved. I hope it is a plan by MJ and Mikosz to stop KLM influence and not just the directive from Matiangi to weed out foreigners taking up jobs which locals can do.

I will have @maka arrested over corporate espionage

maka
#11000 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:16:09 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

I will have @maka arrested over corporate espionage

What have I done surely?