maka wrote:
mulla wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
obiero wrote:
@obiero now holds 95,000 KQ shares at ABP of KES 21.9 representing my final stand, as I will make no further purchase, courtesy of the extreme dark clouds upon KQs previously proposed Open Offer. It's now a matter of waiting/hoping for the KAA-KQ tie up with blessing of GOK, KQLC and KLM.. Then a possible buy out/delisting offer from the said majority shareholders in the restructured KQ including KAA as new co-owner. My biggest gamble in life so far as no one now knows where the dice may fall, not even Michael Joseph

KQ at the right price is a buy, kizungumkuti is establishing that right price.

I actually know the bottom of KQ as KES 8.52 and had formulated it's top via the Open Offer scenario but now we are back to the drawing board. No one currently knows it's top especially since the KAA-KQ tie up is yet to happen

Sad putting all your eggs in a broken basket.

@sparkly I have no choice.. The loss position is too wide for me to consider selling. I will take my chances

Good luck.

Indeed good luck. Your investment stands at 2.08M(not sure whether that includes brokerage charges), plus time and opportunity costs not included.

He would have been better off buying an IFB then use the interest to buy KQ shares...

Ukipata gari yako haina pressure kwa front tyre ya left ujue tu.. By the way why doesn't our community center have a wines and spirit.. I drive too far for a tipple.. And you owe me a mingle nikuonyeshe what CMA are saying..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#10582 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 8:49:35 PM

Jambojet too strong for competition https://citizentv.co.ke/...u-malindi-ukunda-210498/

obiero
#10583 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 7:09:54 AM

Finally the government directive on national carrier travel is taking place as His Excellency flies out to USA

peep
#10584 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 7:45:45 AM

obiero wrote:
Finally the government directive on national carrier travel is taking place as His Excellency flies out to USA

Does it make cents (and sense) when a dreamliner is pulled out of service and allocated to some 20 or so people? I don't think that was the government directive intention.
obiero
#10585 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 8:45:07 AM

peep wrote:
obiero wrote:

Does it make cents (and sense) when a dreamliner is pulled out of service and allocated to some 20 or so people? I don't think that was the government directive intention.

The plane if pulled out from routine service for use by the head of state, is paid for on a full capacity basis.. Economically its actually better for the airline when this happens. Even Uganda and Tanzania heads of state have had to use our flag carrier on some occasions in similar lease arrangement

Spikes
#10586 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:16:37 AM

obiero wrote:
peep wrote:
obiero wrote:

The plane if pulled out from routine service for use by the head of state, is paid for on a full capacity basis.. Economically its actually better for the airline when this happens. Even Uganda and Tanzania heads of state have had to use our flag carrier on some occasions in similar lease arrangement

I agree with you without due consultation or thorough research...
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Impunity
#10587 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:28:32 AM

obiero wrote:
peep wrote:
obiero wrote:

Did he head to Washington direct from Nairobi or stopped and connected in Europe?

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Ericsson
#10588 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 7:31:34 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
peep wrote:
obiero wrote:

I agree with you without due consultation or thorough research...

While this is a good move,kq should look at it's cashflow in the arrangement.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#10589 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:15:51 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
peep wrote:
obiero wrote:

Did he head to Washington direct from Nairobi or stopped and connected in Europe?

He went via Paris... The plane had commercial passengers on board or what are you guys talking about...?

KQ gets details on any VVIP details like 2 weeks before travel date... Sitting arrangement... The first class cabin gets reconfigured according to the sitting plan... Like 1 hour before departure normal passengers will be told that the flight they are on has a VVIP... So boarding takes place early.... Normal passengers 1st at the normal gates then the plane gets towed to the VIP gate where the VVIP enters then it gets towed back ready for departure... There is actually a mobile check-in for such situations... Bags are also kept in separate containers kwa hold clearly marked VVIP.

On billing... Trust me they pay for the added services... A regular VVIP is the Comoros president... Regularly uses KQ.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#10590 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:20:09 PM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
peep wrote:
obiero wrote:

He went via Paris... The plane had commercial passengers on board or what are you guys talking about...?

KQ gets details on any VVIP details like 2 weeks before travel date... Sitting arrangement... The first class cabin gets reconfigured according to the sitting plan... Like 1 hour before departure normal passengers will be told that the flight they are on has a VVIP... So boarding takes place early.... Normal passengers 1st at the normal gates then the plane gets towed to the VIP gate where the VVIP enters then it gets towed back ready for departure... There is actually a mobile check-in for such situations... Bags are also kept in separate containers kwa hold clearly marked VVIP.

On billing... Trust me they pay for the added services... A regular VVIP is the Comoros president... Regularly uses KQ.

Exactly. Even Museveni uses KQ.. I don't know what is wrong with HE Uhuru Kenyatta using the flag carrier.. @maka due to security related matters, sometimes government does buy out all seats. I'm surprised that he chose to fly with regular folk. But then again, it's the same guy who brought in the Passats for austerity

ArrestedDev
#10591 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 5:22:56 AM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
peep wrote:
obiero wrote:

This came at a very good timing. JFK postioning flight for KQ at no cost at all.

sparkly
#10592 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:21:05 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
peep wrote:
obiero wrote:

This came at a very good timing. JFK postioning flight for KQ at no cost at all .

Expound how it's at no cost.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#10593 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 7:32:42 PM

The Pride of Africa

Spikes
#10594 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:18:23 PM

sparkly wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
peep wrote:
obiero wrote:

This came at a very good timing. JFK postioning flight for KQ at no cost at all .

Expound how it's at no cost.

Because it's the Pride of AfricaLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
maka
#10595 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:31:47 PM

obiero wrote:
The Pride of Africa

Accra.... Monrovia... Free Town...Lollipop route.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#10596 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:41:07 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Pride of Africa

Accra.... Monrovia... Free Town...Lollipop route.

Yea. President George Weah was there too.. We should be able to take pride in our flag carrier. They see us rolling, they hating..

Impunity
#10597 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 8:59:55 AM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
peep wrote:
obiero wrote:

After arriving Paris,did the same plane head to Washington?
Or he used another airline for the Paris-Washington route?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#10598 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 6:46:09 AM

obiero wrote:
Jambojet too strong for competition https://citizentv.co.ke/...-malindi-ukunda-210498/

Good for Jambojet https://www.businessdail...731688-ncq6re/index.html

obiero
#10599 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 5:04:10 AM

Welcome back HE Uhuru Kenyatta

ArrestedDev
#10600 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 10:07:38 AM

4b half year net loss. No profit at the end of the year again.

The road to recovery is long and treacherous.