wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<521522523524525>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
VituVingiSana
#10441 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 11:18:42 PM

obiero wrote:
Main point to note in the KAA tie up is that KQ is the larger institution by far on all metrics other than profitability

Does KAA have more debt than KQ?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#10442 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 11:21:07 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ProverB wrote:
Occasionally logging in once in a while to confirm and reaffirm.. KQ Stock is crap.

Anyway, as you were. Carry on.

Hehe. It surely is down low. No one should buy KQ based on current position. This is a future stock. The best at the NSE for one to two years holding period

Getting new uniforms...I think now KQ will be profitable...

Because of the uniforms? 😁

Hehehe KQ is a good creater of value but not for the shareholder. Someone just made a good buck to design and supply new uniform.

Everyone but the shareholder makes money off KQ
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#10443 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 6:41:20 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Main point to note in the KAA tie up is that KQ is the larger institution by far on all metrics other than profitability

Key word, larger.. You do know how to read, right?

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ArrestedDev
#10444 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 6:56:33 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ProverB wrote:
Occasionally logging in once in a while to confirm and reaffirm.. KQ Stock is crap.

Hehe. It surely is down low. No one should buy KQ based on current position. This is a future stock. The best at the NSE for one to two years holding period

Product offering - very important @maka, Mikosz knows the reason why he is relaunching the menu. People fly with the Middle East carriers because of the food. Liar Liar Liar

You will see passengers numbers rising when the relaunch takes place and as new routes are added.

Will they be flying to Reunion Island or they will connect through Madagascar?

There are many reasons why folks choose ME carriers but food is not the main reason.
Network/connections, PRICE, quality (incl food, connecting airport), etc

Food is the main factor then IFE especially on a long haul flight. This is why the relaunch is coming just before the JFK maiden long haul flight.

Read the reviews on skytrax/tripadvisor website and see if there is a single without food being mentioned.

Here is the tripadvisor link for KQ reviews

https://www.tripadvisor....2-Reviews-Kenya-Airways

VituVingiSana
#10445 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 9:23:59 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ProverB wrote:

Product offering - very important @maka, Mikosz knows the reason why he is relaunching the menu. People fly with the Middle East carriers because of the food. Liar Liar Liar

You will see passengers numbers rising when the relaunch takes place and as new routes are added.

There are many reasons why folks choose ME carriers but food is not the main reason.

Food is the main factor then IFE especially on a long haul flight. This is why the relaunch is coming just before the JFK maiden long haul flight.

Read the reviews on skytrax/tripadvisor website and see if there is a single without food being mentioned.

If you insist.
I say for most KE travelers, it is PRICE and CONNECTIONS (network) that are the most important. When I search for flights, I look at (1st) price and (2nd) connection time. There is a trade-off i.e. I will pay a little extra to save on time. Connections are usually tolerable at best.

KQ has decent (coz direct) flights to AMS/LHR/CDG but the price is usually more than I want to pay. If I have to connect (CDG/AMS) then I look at the connection time and airport. I like AMS but I do not want to be there for hours on end either. I detest LHR.

IFE - It depends on the aircraft. KQ's 777/787 have good IFEs but it is not my primary consideration. As is, many flights offer streaming on phones/tablets. Plus there's always a good book to catch up on.

Food - It's airline food unless I am flying biz class which is rare but for an upgrade which as getting harder to come by even with (reasonable) FF miles.
Seats/Comfort - That is FAR more important to me than food/IFE. I like to sleep during long-haul flights.
VituVingiSana
#10446 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 9:25:35 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Work with me here.
Which one has a larger Net Asset Value?
ArrestedDev
#10447 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 9:33:46 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ProverB wrote:

If you insist. I say for most KE travelers, it is PRICE and CONNECTIONS (network) that are the most important.

KQ offers more connections to African cities than the ME carriers if that is what you are implying.
ArrestedDev
#10448 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 9:48:30 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ProverB wrote:

If you insist.
I say for most KE travelers, it is PRICE and CONNECTIONS (network) that are the most important. When I search for flights, I look at (1st) price and (2nd) connection time. There is a trade-off i.e. I will pay a little extra to save on time. Connections are usually tolerable at best.

KQ has decent (coz direct) flights to AMS/LHR/CDG but the price is usually more than I want to pay. If I have to connect (CDG/AMS) then I look at the connection time and airport. I like AMS but I do not want to be there for hours on end either. I detest LHR.

IFE - It depends on the aircraft. KQ's 777/787 have good IFEs but it is not my primary consideration. As is, many flights offer streaming on phones/tablets. Plus there's always a good book to catch up on.

Food - It's airline food unless I am flying biz class which is rare but for an upgrade which as getting harder to come by even with (reasonable) FF miles.
Seats/Comfort - That is FAR more important to me than food/IFE. I like to sleep during long-haul flights.

This is 'yourself'. The rest of us look at the quality of service on board - 'food & beverage'. I cannot say more on this.
VituVingiSana
#10449 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 11:00:49 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ProverB wrote:

If you insist.

This is 'yourself'. The rest of us look at the quality of service on board - 'food & beverage'. I cannot say more on this.

Do the "rest of us" pay for their own tickets? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
sparkly
#10450 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 8:26:33 PM

@Obiero KQ is on the slide once again. VWAP today 10.15
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#10451 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 9:08:18 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Work with me here.

obiero
#10452 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 9:10:00 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Work with me here.

In the words of Balala. You can go to hell 😁

obiero
#10453 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 9:11:33 PM

sparkly wrote:

A very narrow slide considering we are waiting for it to go past KES 21

sparkly
#10454 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:25:05 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

You have the combined faith of Noah and Job.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#10455 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 7:00:37 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Half year results when are they being released
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#10456 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:13:16 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

But both chose a sea-going vessel not an air-borne one Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
jgithige
#10457 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 2:57:25 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

But both chose a sea-going vessel not an air-borne one Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

The rally of a lifetime has turned to be the nightmare of a lifetime 9.75Sad
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
Swenani
#10458 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 2:57:37 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
obiero
#10459 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:36:19 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Half year results when are they being released

Two weeks time

obiero
#10460 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:57:51 PM

jgithige wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

The rally of a lifetime has turned to be the nightmare of a lifetime 9.75Sad

Tulia.. There's no volume