wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<496497498499500>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
maka
#9941 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 10:42:42 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
guka wrote:
I still do not believe these stories of KQ buying Q400's. Unless the one in Amsterdam being referred to by @maka is JamboJet's plane which was leased from Nordic Aviation Capital. And its only one order remaining. Last time i checked in March any new acquisitions KQ were to make were the 737-Max. Though as I said, they are still waiting for two of their dreamliners to come back this year and some of the 777-300ER in 2019. By the time they actually get their first plane once they place an order will be in more than 5 years. So 2022 kama vile uliam anaongojea..

@maka must be writing from a point of information ( A KQ insider). Tuesday is not far way, we will know if the aircraft is in KQ or Jambojet livery.

Only one B787 will be returned this year before NYC maiden flight takes off and the other early next year for a new route to be announced in due course.

Jambo jet livery...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#9942 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 10:33:52 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
guka wrote:
I still do not believe these stories of KQ buying Q400's. Unless the one in Amsterdam being referred to by @maka is JamboJet's plane which was leased from Nordic Aviation Capital. And its only one order remaining. Last time i checked in March any new acquisitions KQ were to make were the 737-Max. Though as I said, they are still waiting for two of their dreamliners to come back this year and some of the 777-300ER in 2019. By the time they actually get their first plane once they place an order will be in more than 5 years. So 2022 kama vile uliam anaongojea..

@maka must be writing from a point of information ( A KQ insider). Tuesday is not far way, we will know if the aircraft is in KQ or Jambojet livery.

Only one B787 will be returned this year before NYC maiden flight takes off and the other early next year for a new route to be announced in due course.

@maka needs to inform the wazua community when the Open Offer will arrive..

It looks like KQ will cede/hand over the regional routes to Jambojet as opposed to KQ itself operating them.

See the below article where Mikosz stated clearly that he wants the E190s to fly the longer routes.

http://m.atwonline.com/a...-q400-fleet-10-aircraft

Kenya’s Jambojet to double Dash 8 Q400 fleet to 10 aircraft
ATW Plus
Kenya Airways LCC subsidiary Jambojet plans to add a sixth Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 to its fleet, which should quickly rise to 10 of the type as it takes over more regional routes from the mainline carrier. “This move will enable us to operate much more of our Embraer regional jet fleet on longer routes,” Kenya Airways CEO Sebastian Mikosz told ATW recently. “The purpose is to be able to grow our network from the bottom [meaning operating Q400s instead Embraer aircraft on ...

Spot on... But the end of the day whats the diff between Jambo jet and KQ? Same compan... right?

No difference

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#9943 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 3:45:44 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
guka wrote:

It looks like KQ will cede/hand over the regional routes to Jambojet as opposed to KQ itself operating them.

See the below article where Mikosz stated clearly that he wants the E190s to fly the longer routes.

ATW Plus
Kenya Airways LCC subsidiary Jambojet plans to add a sixth Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 to its fleet, which should quickly rise to 10 of the type as it takes over more regional routes from the mainline carrier. “This move will enable us to operate much more of our Embraer regional jet fleet on longer routes,” Kenya Airways CEO Sebastian Mikosz told ATW recently. “The purpose is to be able to grow our network from the bottom [meaning operating Q400s instead Embraer aircraft on ...

Spot on... But the end of the day whats the diff between Jambo jet and KQ? Same compan... right?

No difference
No FF (FB) miles on JJ.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#9944 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 7:29:03 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
guka wrote:

ATW Plus

No difference
No FF (FB) miles on JJ.

Lol. Who says

VituVingiSana
#9945 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 11:46:12 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
guka wrote:

ATW Plus

No difference
No FF (FB) miles on JJ.

Lol. Who says
Yes or No. Coz I need to claim FB miles if they are given on flights booked directly through JJ's website.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
muandiwambeu
#9946 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 11:39:12 AM

This one goes directly to @Obiero, and the use of if and when in my debut quiz shouldn't be overemphasised.
Now that it's a matter of when and not if the current m.p for kq is going to be halved, @obiero are u able to furthom when for my N.A...smile
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
sparkly
#9947 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 11:47:19 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
This one goes directly to @Obiero, and the use of if and when in my debut quiz shouldn't be overemphasised.
Now that it's a matter of when and not if the current m.p for kq is going to be halved, @obiero are u able to furthom when for my N.A...smile

Kisungu smile
Life is short. Live passionately.
muandiwambeu
#9948 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 12:10:58 PM

sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:

Kisungu smile

Solve for t(time)
d/dt{11.5.t/2}=5.75
obiero
#9949 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 1:55:35 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:

Kisungu smile

Solve for t(time)
d/dt{11.5.t/2}=5.75

0 is the answer. There are less than 35,000 shares traded against a float of over 5billion shares, post restructure. The current pricing is extremely artificial and you should not loose any hair even if the price touches KES 5.75 on the absence of any volume. Only the Open Offer shall reveal the MARKET value of KQ shares, but as severally stated here by myself, FAIR value is currently KES 12

muandiwambeu
#9950 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 4:19:11 PM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:

Kisungu smile

Solve for t(time)
d/dt{11.5.t/2}=5.75

0 is the answer. There are less than 35,000 shares traded against a float of over 5billion shares, post restructure. The current pricing is extremely artificial and you should not loose any hair (even if)-when (to be precious) the price touches KES 5.75 on the absence of any volume. Only the Open Offer shall reveal the MARKET value of KQ shares, but as severally stated here by myself, FAIR value is currently KES 12

VituVingiSana
#9951 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:08:59 AM

Freedom Airline launches flights to Kisumu airport
https://www.businessdail...61650-lsb6y1/index.html
Lots of "small" airlines are starting up... Competition is good!
ArrestedDev
#9952 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:38:37 AM

Losses will be reduced further by end of the year. Strategies being put in place as the E190s has a small cargo hold - MORE SPACE FOR CARGO TO INCREASE REVENUE.

https://www.nation.co.ke...61906-gywagp/index.html

“The new baggage policy is part of Kenya Airways’ strategy to provide simplified and discounted competitive prices for passengers who book their extra baggage, any time before 24 hours to departure while enhancing customer service for our guests,” said Kenya Airways Group Managing Director and CEO Sebastian Mikosz.
obiero
#9953 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:10:35 PM

@obiero continues to hold 80,000 KQ shares at ABP of KES 24.20. The Open Offer better bail me out of the 54% investment loss as at 15.05.2018. Underwater currents are pushing me further from the shore. Equilibrium will soon be achieved via the Open Offer which I am informed by the exchange bar shall likely be on a ratio of 3:1 with a striking price of KES 5 per share. Assuming that I shall be able to defend my full allocation at KES 1,200,000 my revised ABP shall then be KES 9.80.. My biggest gamble in life so far

obiero
#9954 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:12:38 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
Losses will be reduced further by end of the year. Strategies being put in place as the E190s has a small cargo hold - MORE SPACE FOR CARGO TO INCREASE REVENUE.

https://www.nation.co.ke...61906-gywagp/index.html

“The new baggage policy is part of Kenya Airways’ strategy to provide simplified and discounted competitive prices for passengers who book their extra baggage, any time before 24 hours to departure while enhancing customer service for our guests,” said Kenya Airways Group Managing Director and CEO Sebastian Mikosz.

Mikosz during the EGM jokingly said he should be called Sebastian so as not to misinterpret his name as 'Mikosi', as he was convinced that he does not bring bad luck to KQ :)

mulla
#9955 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:27:36 PM

obiero wrote:
@obiero continues to hold 80,000 KQ shares at ABP of KES 24.20. The Open Offer better bail me out of the 54% investment loss as at 15.05.2018. Underwater currents are pushing me further from the shore. Equilibrium will soon be achieved via the Open Offer which I am informed by the exchange bar shall likely be on a ratio of 3:1 with a striking price of KES 5 per share. Assuming that I shall be able to defend my full allocation at KES 1,200,000 my revised ABP shall then be KES 9.80.. My biggest gamble in life so far

I bailed out at 4/= (after defending my rights at 14/= and there after a series of averaging down) pre-Mikosz and M.Joseph. I run out of patience and it has been my biggest loss at over 300k in the NSE. Naikuni was an a**.
Tough lessons learnt regarding when to bail, average down or stick it out and carefully analysing a company's financials and strategy.
Either way Obiero, all the best and hope it works out for you.
obiero
#9956 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:47:21 PM

mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:

I bailed out at 4/= (after defending my rights at 14/= and there after a series of averaging down) pre-Mikosz and M.Joseph. I run out of patience and it has been my biggest loss at over 300k in the NSE. Naikuni was an a**.
Tough lessons learnt regarding when to bail, average down or stick it out and carefully analysing a company's financials and strategy.

@mulla Naikuni took us to the cleaners. I bailed out some significant stake at a substantial loss a few years back in a defensive strategy noting the quick sinking price. Have however since re-boarded in a massive way after positive news emanated, with a view to ride the long trip to financial victory. KQ will make me rich in 2018!!!

obiero
#9957 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:38:53 PM

Polish native Mikosz told Reuters he plans to roll out a new economy plus class by the end of the year designed for business and wealthy leisure travelers, including growing numbers of American tourists and executives from dozens of Nairobi-based U.S. firms.

Coming first to wide-bodied planes, it will mean new seats with the same capacity by using space between them. Sell more quality tickets and cut costs, its always the same game; said Mikosz.

muandiwambeu
#9958 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:32:59 AM

mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:

Why wouldn't u buy now that the price is equivalent to 2.xy of those days. Is it fear or conviction that this is untouchable fundamental wise. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!. @obiero has been imbibing this one for so long but, i have never got one convincing reason why he is still in bed with this manyanga. Probably he is into bdsm, and probably this one kills him for it(pain).Pray Pray
obiero
#9959 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:37:07 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:

Why wouldn't u buy now that the price is equivalent to 2.xy of those days. Is it fear or conviction that this is untouchable fundamental wise. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!. @obiero has been imbibing this one for so long but, i have never got one convincing reason why he is still in bed with this manyanga. Probably he is into bdsm, and probably this one kills him for it(pain).Pray Pray

@muandi tulia tuli. just know that I hold KES 1,200,000 in cash, ready to defend my Open Offer allocation

ArrestedDev
#9960 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:25:12 PM

obiero wrote:
Polish native Mikosz told Reuters he plans to roll out a new economy plus class by the end of the year designed for business and wealthy leisure travelers, including growing numbers of American tourists and executives from dozens of Nairobi-based U.S. firms.

Coming first to wide-bodied planes, it will mean new seats with the same capacity by using space between them. Sell more quality tickets and cut costs, its always the same game; said Mikosz.

Revenue increase - This is what KQ requires to come out of the loss position.

The same with intra-Africa baggage reduction to 1 bag up to 23kgs. More revenue from excess baggage.

These are the strategies to increase revenue - not the Mckinsey things that Ngunze was betting on.