wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<495496497498499>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
ArrestedDev
#9921 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:36:29 PM

maka wrote:
guka wrote:
The more I hear about the possibility of these acquisitions the more I am like a deeper loss is in the horizon.

They are not buying any new planes... @AD and Obiero are dreaming... la la land.

Soon or later they have to order new planes. The loss position will narrow with time.

It is not easy to resuscitate an Airline especially when there is a huge debt outstanding. Mikosz has what it takes to pull it out of the mess.
maka
#9922 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 9:13:17 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
guka wrote:
The more I hear about the possibility of these acquisitions the more I am like a deeper loss is in the horizon.

They are not buying any new planes... @AD and Obiero are dreaming... la la land.

Soon or later they have to order new planes. The loss position will narrow with time.

It is not easy to resuscitate an Airline especially when there is a huge debt outstanding. Mikosz has what it takes to pull it out of the mess.

Haya kuweni wapole its Friday....😁😁 They have ordered 2 Q400s... 1st one lands on Tuesday its already in Amsterdam as we speak...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#9923 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 9:43:23 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
guka wrote:

Haya kuweni wapole its Friday....😁😁 They have ordered 2 Q400s... 1st one lands on Tuesday its already in Amsterdam as we speak...

@arrested_dev has the right pulse, loss position must be narrowed and if it takes leasing or even buying of new planes to cater for increased traffic, then so be it!!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#9924 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 12:16:53 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
guka wrote:

@arrested_dev has the right pulse, loss position must be narrowed and if it takes leasing or even buying of new planes to cater for increased traffic, then so be it!!

What is happening is pretty simple for most if not qll of this regional routes they are reverting to a 1 class sitting arrangement... Jambojet style...No need for having J class for such routes...
obiero
#9925 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 12:22:25 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
guka wrote:

What is happening is pretty simple for most if not qll of this regional routes they are reverting to a 1 class sitting arrangement... Jambojet style...No need for having J class for such routes...

True. How many glasses of whiskey can one even down on the 1.5HRS to Buja? Watu wawekwe pamoja, wajuane! Applause

maka
#9926 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:14:55 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
guka wrote:

True. How many glasses of whiskey can one even down on the 1.5HRS to Buja? Watu wawekwe pamoja, wajuane! Applause

Mimi sitaki si you know am entitled to an upgrade till perpetuity.... Laughing out loudly

But makes sense...plus cause of the reduced capacity they will be full all the time...
obiero
#9927 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 1:53:24 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
guka wrote:

Mimi sitaki si you know am entitled to an upgrade till perpetuity.... Laughing out loudly

But makes sense...plus cause of the reduced capacity they will be full all the time...

I understand you @maka. Meanwhile KQ full year revenue remains second top in East Africa, next to only Safaricom whose revenue is double that of KQ! Bringing in USA takes KQ back to its rightful place as a respected profit making entity, I will never forgive Naikuni for what he did to KQ

ArrestedDev
#9928 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 2:15:20 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
guka wrote:

we are just 5 months into the financial year, by December especially with Mauritious and NYC then things will change.

All Economy for regional routes on a Q400 is good and KQ will reap big.Even Ethiopian uses Q400 in domestic and even regional e.g. to KRT.

@maka, where is B737-300 ( 5Y-KQA), the all economy phased out by Jambo jet. Is it now painted in KQ colours?

ArrestedDev
#9929 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 2:39:59 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
guka wrote:

Only a slight reduction. More frequencies can offset the reduction in capacity. Q400 turnaround is pretty quick too, it is not like a jet. E190s can now be used to run the other longer routes into Africa or I suspect the E190s on lease are due to be returned soon - this is another theory - no ones knows.

No more pushback charges for the B737 also once the technology that KQ signed up for is fully installed - A reduction in the direct operating costs.
obiero
#9930 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 2:57:23 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
guka wrote:

Only a slight reduction. More frequencies can offset the reduction in capacity. Q400 turnaround is pretty quick too, it is not like a jet. E190s can now be used to run the other longer routes into Africa or I suspect the E190s on lease are due to be returned soon - this is another theory - no ones knows.

No more pushback charges for the B737 also once the technology that KQ signed up for is fully installed - A reduction in the direct operating costs.

My brother from another mother! Your writing lights up my eyes. Money is on the way!!! The Open Offer will catch many investors flat footed, but not I

VituVingiSana
#9931 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 3:37:23 PM

@AD - What’s a pushback charge?

Check out Emirates Ad “Don’t upgrade your seat, upgrade your airline”
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ArrestedDev
#9932 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 4:03:33 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Have you seen the tractor pushing the aircraft from the gate to taxi towards the runway?

That is what they call pushback - there is a cost associated with it billed by the ground handling agent e.g. Swissport.

KQ is installing a system in the wheels of nearly all B737 and will not require the tractor anymore. After the damage last year of the B737-800 they opted for the technology.
guka
#9933 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 8:23:19 PM

I still do not believe these stories of KQ buying Q400's. Unless the one in Amsterdam being referred to by @maka is JamboJet's plane which was leased from Nordic Aviation Capital. And its only one order remaining. Last time i checked in March any new acquisitions KQ were to make were the 737-Max. Though as I said, they are still waiting for two of their dreamliners to come back this year and some of the 777-300ER in 2019. By the time they actually get their first plane once they place an order will be in more than 5 years. So 2022 kama vile uliam anaongojea..
obiero
#9934 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 9:27:21 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Have you seen the tractor pushing the aircraft from the gate to taxi towards the runway?

That is what they call pushback - there is a cost associated with it billed by the ground handling agent e.g. Swissport.

KQ is installing a system in the wheels of nearly all B737 and will not require the tractor anymore. After the damage last year of the B737-800 they opted for the technology.

That damage was heartbreaking

ArrestedDev
#9935 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 9:31:10 PM

guka wrote:
I still do not believe these stories of KQ buying Q400's. Unless the one in Amsterdam being referred to by @maka is JamboJet's plane which was leased from Nordic Aviation Capital. And its only one order remaining. Last time i checked in March any new acquisitions KQ were to make were the 737-Max. Though as I said, they are still waiting for two of their dreamliners to come back this year and some of the 777-300ER in 2019. By the time they actually get their first plane once they place an order will be in more than 5 years. So 2022 kama vile uliam anaongojea..

@maka must be writing from a point of information ( A KQ insider). Tuesday is not far way, we will know if the aircraft is in KQ or Jambojet livery.

Only one B787 will be returned this year before NYC maiden flight takes off and the other early next year for a new route to be announced in due course.
obiero
#9936 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 9:51:18 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
guka wrote:

@maka must be writing from a point of information ( A KQ insider). Tuesday is not far way, we will know if the aircraft is in KQ or Jambojet livery.

Only one B787 will be returned this year before NYC maiden flight takes off and the other early next year for a new route to be announced in due course.

@maka needs to inform the wazua community when the Open Offer will arrive..

ArrestedDev
#9937 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 10:31:58 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
guka wrote:

It looks like KQ will cede/hand over the regional routes to Jambojet as opposed to KQ itself operating them.

See the below article where Mikosz stated clearly that he wants the E190s to fly the longer routes.

http://m.atwonline.com/a...-q400-fleet-10-aircraft

Kenya’s Jambojet to double Dash 8 Q400 fleet to 10 aircraft
ATW Plus
Kenya Airways LCC subsidiary Jambojet plans to add a sixth Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 to its fleet, which should quickly rise to 10 of the type as it takes over more regional routes from the mainline carrier. “This move will enable us to operate much more of our Embraer regional jet fleet on longer routes,” Kenya Airways CEO Sebastian Mikosz told ATW recently. “The purpose is to be able to grow our network from the bottom [meaning operating Q400s instead Embraer aircraft on ...
guka
#9938 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 10:38:27 PM

Yep that was also my analysis based on my Mikosz tracker. Over time some of the local routes will be done by JamboJet and perhaps only a few Embreaers by KQ for business folks. i.e Twice daily to say Kampala/Rwanda. Morning and eve
obiero
#9939 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:23:38 AM

Screw Ebola

maka
#9940 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 10:40:07 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
guka wrote:

It looks like KQ will cede/hand over the regional routes to Jambojet as opposed to KQ itself operating them.

See the below article where Mikosz stated clearly that he wants the E190s to fly the longer routes.

http://m.atwonline.com/a...-q400-fleet-10-aircraft

Kenya’s Jambojet to double Dash 8 Q400 fleet to 10 aircraft
ATW Plus
Kenya Airways LCC subsidiary Jambojet plans to add a sixth Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 to its fleet, which should quickly rise to 10 of the type as it takes over more regional routes from the mainline carrier. “This move will enable us to operate much more of our Embraer regional jet fleet on longer routes,” Kenya Airways CEO Sebastian Mikosz told ATW recently. “The purpose is to be able to grow our network from the bottom [meaning operating Q400s instead Embraer aircraft on ...

Spot on... But the end of the day whats the diff between Jambo jet and KQ? Same compan... right?