Kenya Airways...why ignore..
shocks
#9881 Posted : Monday, May 07, 2018 9:47:15 PM

Horton wrote:
murchr wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
murchr wrote:
guka wrote:
The aircraft industry is moving away from the titanic like planes. Production of A380 is closing with only Emirates order book that is keeping them alive. The Boeing 747 is also out of production. The only 747's that are remaining on the order book are for the POTUS presidential fleet. If they were to do this they most likely will have to increase frequency rather than purchase a jumbo or A380.

True....The jumbo planes are unsustainable. 777s 787s A340s & A350s are the long range planes in business.

No A340 anymore - It is dead.

Uuwiii Airbus is finished.

Well not really. They have a great product in the A350

Airbus AKA “scarebus” for some of us Boeing fans

And the 320s zinauzwa kama peremende
murchr
#9882 Posted : Monday, May 07, 2018 10:58:11 PM

shocks wrote:
Horton wrote:
murchr wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
murchr wrote:
guka wrote:
The aircraft industry is moving away from the titanic like planes. Production of A380 is closing with only Emirates order book that is keeping them alive. The Boeing 747 is also out of production. The only 747's that are remaining on the order book are for the POTUS presidential fleet. If they were to do this they most likely will have to increase frequency rather than purchase a jumbo or A380.

True....The jumbo planes are unsustainable. 777s 787s A340s & A350s are the long range planes in business.

Well not really. They have a great product in the A350

Airbus AKA “scarebus” for some of us Boeing fans

And the 320s zinauzwa kama peremende

Huto ni tudogo tuna compete na kina Embraer 190 na 737s
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Impunity
#9883 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2018 9:28:51 AM

murchr wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
murchr wrote:
guka wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

delllatitude
#9884 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2018 11:07:19 AM

why is Airbus finished yet recently they launched the super efficient A321 LR
Ericsson
#9885 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2018 1:28:14 PM

delllatitude wrote:

Turudi KQ sasa,commercial break imeisha
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#9886 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2018 1:38:08 PM

Ethiopia airlines to acquire 150 planes by 2025
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
ArrestedDev
#9887 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2018 3:39:41 PM

With Mikosz KQ will grow soon as well. I am hopeful that an order for more B787 & B737 MAX is on the cards.

@maka - where are you? Any news from KQ on the next route? What happened to delays - How did Mikosz dealt with them? There are no news of delays nowadays.
VituVingiSana
#9888 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2018 4:23:06 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
With Mikosz KQ will grow soon as well. I am hopeful that an order for more B787 & B737 MAX is on the cards.

@maka - where are you? Any news from KQ on the next route? What happened to delays - How did Mikosz dealt with them? There are no news of delays nowadays.

There was little news of anything but moi's day back in the day! Laughing out loudly
I have to admit I haven't flown KQ (ex-JJ) in ages [cost/price vs competition]...
Any improvements?
Load factors?
Definitely, there is less news about grumbling by employees even if they want to grumble. Mikosz' dismissal of the engineers seems to have worked.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#9889 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2018 4:25:06 PM

Ericsson wrote:
delllatitude wrote:

Turudi KQ sasa,commercial break imeisha
The commercial break was more interesting than waiting for the "Open Offer"

Except @Obiero are there any other @Wazuans buying KQ at 11/-?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#9890 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2018 5:43:45 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

There was little news of anything but moi's day back in the day! Laughing out loudly
I have to admit I haven't flown KQ (ex-JJ) in ages [cost/price vs competition]...
Any improvements?
Load factors?
Definitely, there is less news about grumbling by employees even if they want to grumble. Mikosz' dismissal of the engineers seems to have worked.

Mikosz (The boxer) is busy sampling food at NAS very sad...

Delays... ziko but dealt with appropriately Duty Managers have been empowered to make decisions kitambo it was a bit different because no one wanted to goof...Show cause pap...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#9891 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2018 10:40:17 PM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

Any improvements?
Load factors?

Delays... ziko but dealt with appropriately Duty Managers have been empowered to make decisions kitambo it was a bit different because no one wanted to goof...Show cause pap...

@maka please tell us more about the NAS food sampling

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
guka
#9892 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2018 12:21:26 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:

He he he.. this is not happening any time soon. The next time they are buying any new planes soonest is in 5 years. Unless NY/NBO becomes a crazy cashcow.
VituVingiSana
#9893 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2018 8:04:22 AM

Ethiopia Airlines upstages KQ in direct flights to Namibia

https://www.businessdail...51374-srcxh7z/index.html
ArrestedDev
#9894 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2018 8:55:56 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

Any improvements?
Load factors?

The food offered by NAS need to improve before the launch of NYC flight. Reviews on KQ catering is appalling and this is why Mikosz is very keen to lift the standard. These are things which could have never been dealt with by Ngunze. Catering is a very important component of the product offered an Airline.

Mikosz mentioned this during the launch of the Newyork route. Very happy he is personally handling it to make sure the KQ product returns to where it was.
ArrestedDev
#9895 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2018 8:58:18 AM

guka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

He he he.. this is not happening any time soon. The next time they are buying any new planes soonest is in 5 years. Unless NY/NBO becomes a crazy cashcow.

The E190s are now 5+ years and replacement orders must be done. Just wait and see. Beijing is on the cards from next year.

Newyork will go well and lead to more destinations.
ArrestedDev
#9896 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2018 9:00:51 AM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Ethiopia Airlines upstages KQ in direct flights to Namibia

https://www.businessdail...1374-srcxh7z/index.html[/quote]

Even KLM launched it ahead of KQ. This route is like Botswana - which was suspended. KQ cannot afford to fly such routes at this stage.

KQ launched Mauritius ahead of Ethiopian.
obiero
#9897 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2018 9:07:04 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

Any improvements?
Load factors?

The food offered by NAS need to improve before the launch of NYC flight. Reviews on KQ catering is appalling and this is why Mikosz is very keen to lift the standard. These are things which could have never been dealt with by Ngunze. Catering is a very important component of the product offered an Airline.

Mikosz mentioned this during the launch of the Newyork route. Very happy he is personally handling it to make sure the KQ product returns to where it was.

@arresteddev thanks for the update

maka
#9898 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2018 11:07:10 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

Any improvements?
Load factors?

Read what @VVS has posted just before you... trust me at this time and age there are more important things to focus on... One of them is ET upstaging KQ day in day out... Addis...Accra...Houston...🤔
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#9899 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2018 2:49:12 PM

@maka - Though offering more flights/destinations is just one part of the experience. KQ has to offer value for money and IMHO it does not do so on many routes hence it lost market share to the ME airlines.
obiero
#9900 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2018 4:31:39 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@maka - Though offering more flights/destinations is just one part of the experience. KQ has to offer value for money and IMHO it does not do so on many routes hence it lost market share to the ME airlines.

@vvs I agree.. It's a wholesome experience, from service to food to leg room.. Meanwhile expect 10% increase in revenue from USA. Big things about to pop at the Pride of Africa