Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#9841 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 7:44:58 AM

Stiffler wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Ebenyo - I know of at least one which one will not make the cut ;-)

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I look at some of the comments on this thread and wonder what people will say when the Open Offer is announced. There was the first chance for all and sundry to make a quick kill during restructure when some folks here swore that KQ will touch KES 2.10 but it did not, rather it went up to KES 18.75 within seven days of relisting!!! Now there will be clueless others waiting for KQ to dip sub Open Offer price projected at KES 5.00 by the exchange bar, but I could bet you my entire earthly belongings that these persons will be shocked to see KES 21 or higher print in the run up to book closure. Thank me later/soon

Ile pesa tutavuna hapa tutahitaji magunia kubeba.
Let's keep amassing more shares as the delay of the open offer knocks out more holders

I thought the open Offer would be for the Existing Shareholders at Consolidation. Hence Selling/buying more shares now doesn't not affect the Shares one is entitled to at Open Offer

That's an inaccurate observation. There has to be a book closure date in the interest of fairness to all existing, meaning current shareholders.. Further, a book closure date would allow willing persons to take on the risk of shareholding from those who would find the Open Offer terms unacceptable or who may lack liquidity to defend their stake. It's the only sure way to guarantee success of the Open Offer

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#9842 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 12:23:51 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Today marks ground zero.. The last day of KQ's suspension. Wednesday we get to learn what the PJT Partners and KQ long-term shareholders are made of.. The exchange bar suspects a massive hold-out coupled with high ask price.. The rally of a lifetime awaits the bold

What if market markers [MMs] shake this counter in early hours of trading triggering sell off from Wanjiku who's likely to burn her fingers? And if the trading scare lasts as the price keeps scaling down to intolerable levels will you sell?
Wednesday will mark the greatest test of the Exchange Bar info dissemination.
Sit tight!

Only a mad investor would sell below KES 8.52.. Prior to determining the Open Offer calculus, KES 21 is fair value for existing shareholders, noting GoK, KLM and KQ Lenders Co Ltd shall sit out the Open Offer.. Expect very little trading on KQ shares but at an increasing price until the Open Offer circular is released early next month

Meanwhile HAL has gained 80% from the lows set 5 months ago.

Artificial gains, backed by abscense of volume

Volumes have been massive. Watch and learn !

Still watching.. Still learning.. Though the 5 month wait thus far for the Open Offer has been extremely disappointing from KQ management

obiero
#9843 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 7:49:29 AM

Let me leave this here https://www.businessdail...539892-xpx1sk/index.html

Metch
#9844 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 2:08:28 PM

[quote=obiero]Let me leave this here https://www.businessdail...39892-xpx1sk/index.html[/quote]

this will test KQ's agility. smaller players in the industry seem to be taking the lead in emerging routes.
I bet the second runway will bring in even stiffer competition for international travellers
Start!
obiero
#9845 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 2:27:59 PM

Metch wrote:
obiero wrote:

this will test KQ's agility. smaller players in the industry seem to be taking the lead in emerging routes.
I bet the second runway will bring in even stiffer competition for international travellers

KQ is the best placed airline to take advantage of the second runway, home hub and all..

VituVingiSana
#9846 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 2:43:11 PM

obiero wrote:

Nice to see folks flying other airlines also using NBO as a hub. It makes NBO/JKIA more prominent. I hope that also translates to more pax for KQ. I like competition since it reduces the cost for pax as well as better service. The quality of (economy) seats on Etihad and Qatar is commendable for flights to Europe.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#9847 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 2:50:11 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Nice to see folks flying other airlines also using NBO as a hub. It makes NBO/JKIA more prominent. I hope that also translates to more pax for KQ. I like competition since it reduces the cost for pax as well as better service. The quality of (economy) seats on Etihad and Qatar is commendable for flights to Europe.

True. Along with the Africa interconnectivity that KQ offers to these travelers. They can be brought in from Europe/Asia/Americas by any airline but across Africa, KQ is king! Not even SAA or Ethiopian have a broader brochure of African destinations. Ngunze was right on the mark about winning in Africa

VituVingiSana
#9848 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 3:01:16 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

True. Along with the Africa interconnectivity that KQ offers to these travelers. They can be brought in from Europe/Asia/Americas by any airline but across Africa, KQ is king! Not even SAA or Ethiopian have a broader brochure of African destinations. Ngunze was right on the mark about winning in Africa
Ethiopian has an EXTENSIVE network across Africa. I have used it despite (lousy) Bole Airport and awful connections coz of a significant difference in price. Plus they have a stake in a couple of African airlines [Malawi? Togo?] which gives them added flexibility.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#9849 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 3:51:28 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Ethiopian has an EXTENSIVE network across Africa. I have used it despite (lousy) Bole Airport and awful connections coz of a significant difference in price. Plus they have a stake in a couple of African airlines [Malawi? Togo?] which gives them added flexibility.

@vvs.. Everyone knows that Ethiopian has an extensive fleet almost double the KQ size though it defeats end point destinations flown in Africa by KQ via only 3 extra routes https://www.kenya-airway.../destinations/africa/en/

VituVingiSana
#9850 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2018 12:33:24 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

@vvs.. Everyone knows that Ethiopian has an extensive fleet almost double the KQ size though it defeats end point destinations flown in Africa by KQ via only 3 extra routes https://www.kenya-airway...destinations/africa/en/

So which is which?
obiero
#9851 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2018 7:40:23 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

@vvs.. Everyone knows that Ethiopian has an extensive fleet almost double the KQ size though it defeats end point destinations flown in Africa by KQ via only 3 extra routes https://www.kenya-airway...destinations/africa/en/

So which is which?

@vvs read between the lines.. frequency of flights are higher in Africa by KQ

VituVingiSana
#9852 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 2:53:32 PM

Can JKIA handle A380s?

JNIA (Dar) had an unscheduled A380 land. https://www.exchange.co....worlds-largest-aircraft/
FundamentAli
#9853 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 3:42:47 PM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Can JKIA handle A380s?

JNIA (Dar) had an unscheduled A380 land. https://www.exchange.co....orlds-largest-aircraft/[/quote]

The challenge with the A380 is that airports have to be have the gear for passengers to disembark efficiently. I do not see any thing else that is special
obiero
#9854 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 6:15:46 PM

FundamentAli wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Can JKIA handle A380s?

JNIA (Dar) had an unscheduled A380 land. https://www.exchange.co....orlds-largest-aircraft/

The challenge with the A380 is that airports have to be have the gear for passengers to disembark efficiently. I do not see any thing else that is special

Nothing special at all..

Chaka
#9855 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 6:39:15 PM

Did anyone leave the plane?If not,no big deal..
FundamentAli wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]Can JKIA handle A380s?

JNIA (Dar) had an unscheduled A380 land. https://www.exchange.co....orlds-largest-aircraft/[/quote]

VituVingiSana
#9856 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 7:41:47 PM

FundamentAli wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Can JKIA handle A380s?

JNIA (Dar) had an unscheduled A380 land. https://www.exchange.co....orlds-largest-aircraft/

Can JKIA handle A380s?
VituVingiSana
#9857 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 7:47:47 PM

obiero wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Can JKIA handle A380s?

Nothing special at all..
Can JKIA handle A380s?
murchr
#9858 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2018 12:00:49 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Can JKIA handle A380s?

Nothing special at all..
Can JKIA handle A380s?

I think Emirates flys A380s to JKIA. but they are planning to stop production of the jumbo.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Horton
#9859 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2018 4:42:11 AM

murchr wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Can JKIA handle A380s?

Nothing special at all..
Can JKIA handle A380s?

I think Emirates flys A380s to JKIA. but they are planning to stop production of the jumbo.

EK flies the 777 & 340 to Jkia.

Handling a diversion can be done in nbo. No dramas.
380 requires a stronger PCN vs ACN —basically pavement strength which we have.

Also requires double jet bridges for the Lower deck and upper deck which we don’t have but can make do with stairs.

I watched a video about the dar airport managers talking about a diversion like its a big thing 🤣🤣 ati it is only capable of landing in Jozi and now in dar 🤣🤣
Ericsson
#9860 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2018 7:11:15 AM

murchr wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Can JKIA handle A380s?

Nothing special at all..
Can JKIA handle A380s?

Emirates doesn't fly A380 to JKIA.
The A380 is normally flown to Australia and Europe.
Production of the jumbo is still on with Emirates ordering 16 for the next 10 years
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle