772 Pages«<489490491492493>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#9801 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:37:32 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
@obiero continues to hold 80,000 KQ shares at ABP of KES 24.20. The Open Offer better bail me out of the 48% investment loss, underwater currents that are pushing me further from the shore. The current KQ share price is unbelievably low post-restructure.. Actually its currently trading at KES 3.10.. While GOK, KQLC and KLM hold their stake at entry level of KES 8.52.. Equilibrium will be achieved via the Open Offer which I am informed by the exchange bar shall likely be on a ratio of 3:1 with a striking price of KES 5. Assuming that I shall be able to defend my full allocation at KES 1,200,000 my revised ABP shall then be KES 9.80.. My biggest gamble in life so far

I am beginning to wonder if anyone but you really cares about KQ.
My interest in KQ's success lies in the hope that KQ will pay off its loans to my investees e.g. I&M, Equity, NIC, etc AND that KQLC can dispose of the KQ shares so my investees can close the chapter on a poor decision made to lend to KQ.

126 million shares are held by the minority shareholders.. That's many shares in any exchange globally
In all honesty, I do not give two hoots about any of the other shareholders except:
KQLC in which some of my investees have shares which I hope they can sell ASAP for at least the principal.
GoK: I have 1/45,000,000 (pending the census) of the shares.
Yes, I would like KQ to pay off its loans to my investees so I do hope KQ can generate enough cashflow to do so.

Well at least the media now appears to care about the minority shareholder https://www.businessdail...21032-20kjpsz/index.html

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#9802 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:34:51 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=obiero]@obiero continues to hold 80,000 KQ shares at ABP of KES 24.20. The Open Offer better bail me out of the 48% investment loss, underwater currents that are pushing me further from the shore. The current KQ share price is unbelievably low post-restructure.. Actually its currently trading at KES 3.10.. While GOK, KQLC and KLM hold their stake at entry level of KES 8.52.. Equilibrium will be achieved via the Open Offer which I am informed by the exchange bar shall likely be on a ratio of 3:1 with a striking price of KES 5. Assuming that I shall be able to defend my full allocation at KES 1,200,000 my revised ABP shall then be KES 9.80.. My biggest gamble in life so far

My interest in KQ's success lies in the hope that KQ will pay off its loans to my investees e.g. I&M, Equity, NIC, etc AND that KQLC can dispose of the KQ shares so my investees can close the chapter on a poor decision made to lend to KQ.

126 million shares are held by the minority shareholders.. That's many shares in any exchange globally
In all honesty, I do not give two hoots about any of the other shareholders except:
KQLC in which some of my investees have shares which I hope they can sell ASAP for at least the principal.
Yes, I would like KQ to pay off its loans to my investees so I do hope KQ can generate enough cashflow to do so.

Well at least the media now appears to care about the minority shareholder https://www.businessdail...1032-20kjpsz/index.html[/quote] Please give KQ more money so it can repay loans made by KQLC shareholders!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#9803 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 6:18:56 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
@obiero continues to hold 80,000 KQ shares at ABP of KES 24.20. The Open Offer better bail me out of the 48% investment loss, underwater currents that are pushing me further from the shore. The current KQ share price is unbelievably low post-restructure.. Actually its currently trading at KES 3.10.. While GOK, KQLC and KLM hold their stake at entry level of KES 8.52.. Equilibrium will be achieved via the Open Offer which I am informed by the exchange bar shall likely be on a ratio of 3:1 with a striking price of KES 5. Assuming that I shall be able to defend my full allocation at KES 1,200,000 my revised ABP shall then be KES 9.80.. My biggest gamble in life so far

Well at least the media now appears to care about the minority shareholder https://www.businessdail...1032-20kjpsz/index.html

Please give KQ more money so it can repay loans made by KQLC shareholders!

Something big is about to go down.. HODL

Stiffler
#9804 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:09:09 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Well at least the media now appears to care about the minority shareholder https://www.businessdail...1032-20kjpsz/index.html

We have been waiting, like forever...
obiero
#9805 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:43:55 PM

Stiffler wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Tell me something that I don't know @stiffler

obiero
#9806 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:59:48 PM

Stiffler wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Tell me something that I don't know @stiffler

VituVingiSana
#9807 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 1:35:28 AM

Local airline Silverstone raises flights frequency
https://www.businessdail...487830-il18i6/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ArrestedDev
#9808 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 6:31:33 AM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Local airline Silverstone raises flights frequency
https://www.businessdail...87830-il18i6/index.html[/quote]

It is not a significant development per se. Fastjet entry into Kenya. KQ has a competitive advantage due to inbound customers from Europe, America and Asia.

Any local carrier without such traffic cannot pose a threat to KQ.
Ericsson
#9809 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 8:31:08 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]Local airline Silverstone raises flights frequency
https://www.businessdail...87830-il18i6/index.html[/quote]

It is not a significant development per se. Fastjet entry into Kenya. KQ has a competitive advantage due to inbound customers from Europe, America and Asia.

What about Jambo jet
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#9810 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 8:39:54 AM

Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
https://www.businessdail...87830-il18i6/index.html

What about Jambo jet

Jambojet is KQ and KQ is Jambojet. All these other local airlines just exist for capacity leftovers.. KQ various local daily flights are +30 in number!!! +30 flights to local destinations for KQ&Jambojet which represents over 70% of the marketshare. Some of these new guys are doing only 2-3 scheduled flights per day and with the current KES 2,200 offer by JJ, I would not be shocked if Fly540, Air Kenya, Silverstone et al quit the market

obiero
#9811 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 11:38:14 AM

@maka did the third NY flight fill up

VituVingiSana
#9812 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 11:55:10 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Chips away at KQ's (JJ's) market for domestic passengers. I have one more choice for my local flights.
Applause Applause Applause for competition!
VituVingiSana
#9813 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 11:57:45 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

What about Jambo jet

Jambojet is KQ and KQ is Jambojet. All these other local airlines just exist for capacity leftovers.. KQ various local daily flights are +30 in number!!! +30 flights to local destinations for KQ&Jambojet which represents over 70% of the marketshare. Some of these new guys are doing only 2-3 scheduled flights per day and with the current KES 2,200 offer by JJ, I would not be shocked if Fly540, Air Kenya, Silverstone et al quit the market

So is JJ doing 2,200/- just to undercut the rest?
It's a pity coz the rest of the taxpaying firms do NOT have GoK bailout money!
obiero
#9814 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 2:40:27 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

What about Jambo jet

@vvs here you miss the point. close to half of the people who bought the KES 2,200 offer seats will not travel! they only bought the tickets just because they were cheap but leave will be denied, funds to accompany the travel shall not be located etc.. its simply excellent marketing.. the company shall keep selling ordinary tickets and only avail the offer seats, if space is available! terms and conditions apply

sparkly
#9815 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 8:30:57 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

What about Jambo jet

@vvs here you miss the point. close to half of the people who bought the KES 2,200 offer seats will not travel! they only bought the tickets just because they were cheap but leave will be denied, funds to accompany the travel shall not be located etc.. its simply excellent marketing.. the company shall keep selling ordinary tickets and only avail the offer seats, if space is available! terms and conditions apply

JJ are competing with SGR
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#9816 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 11:56:29 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

What about Jambo jet

JJ are competing with SGR

Head on.. Twende twende! Brake ikikatika bahati mbaya! Compe ni compe roho safi

sparkly
#9817 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 3:17:57 PM

A company that has more posts on Wazua than profits it has made for shareholders in the last 5 years.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VyaBureSiachi
#9818 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 3:45:27 PM

sparkly wrote:
A company that has more posts on Wazua than profits it has made for shareholders in the last 5 years.

KQ has made me some cash since last year.
I have benefited from the up and down swing of the share.
I bought some at ksh.12.5 then sold them at ksh.15 some months back and just last week I disposed of some that I had bought at ksh.10 at ksh.12.8.
I will wait for the share to hit ksh. 10 then I jump in again. There's no other way to repay our losses from the consolidation.
If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendour of the mighty one.
obiero
#9819 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 5:41:44 PM

VyaBureSiachi wrote:
sparkly wrote:

KQ has made me some cash since last year.
I have benefited from the up and down swing of the share.
I bought some at ksh.12.5 then sold them at ksh.15 some months back and just last week I disposed of some that I had bought at ksh.10 at ksh.12.8.
I will wait for the share to hit ksh. 10 then I jump in again. There's no other way to repay our losses from the consolidation.

Hapo sasa. The future belongs to the bold. Anyone buying under KES 12.5 and has capital at least enough to defend a minimum ratio of 2 new shares for each share held at KES 5 shall be wealthy before end of 2018

VituVingiSana
#9820 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:55:32 PM

sparkly wrote:
6 years.
There's a lesson in it. My first major loss [from the high of 120 to 14] in absolute terms. I am glad I learnt the lesson early so I can (try to) avoid it in the future.

I might have still screwed up with KenRe. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!