wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<4748495051>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
whiteowl
#961 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 6:34:11 AM

obiero wrote:
Wait.. Could it really true that Eka Hotel is owned significantly by Naikuni and that he sometimes 'participates' in delay of international flights so as to direct affected travellers to the accomodation

That's true, heard this about 3 years ago and the same goes for Ole Sereni
Gordon Gekko
#962 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 8:33:38 AM

obiero wrote:
Wait.. Could it really true that Eka Hotel is owned significantly by Naikuni and that he sometimes 'participates' in delay of international flights so as to direct affected travellers to the accomodation

What I heard was that RAO is in it big time.....
maka
#963 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 9:51:45 AM

obiero wrote:

False...Panari and Eka get first priority when it comes to delayed passengers because of proximity when its too crazy like some time 2 weeks ago,400+ passengers had to be taken to hotels...even the likes of Summerdale at Nairobi West got passengers...most of the delays are usually due to mechanical/technical issues,find it hard to see how TN would collude with the pilot's to do this...The ground services team is one of the most efficient arms of KQ furthermore the Manager in charge of Transfers and Karibu let's her team decide what hotels the passengers go to....anyway they are working on a computerized system that will weed out any favoritism when it comes to allocating hotel rooms to delayed passengers who are in need of this service...
possunt quia posse videntur
DBLyon
#964 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 11:48:00 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:

False...Panari and Eka get first priority when it comes to delayed passengers because of proximity when its too crazy like some time 2 weeks ago,400+ passengers had to be taken to hotels...even the likes of Summerdale at Nairobi West got passengers...most of the delays are usually due to mechanical/technical issues,find it hard to see how TN would collude with the pilot's to do this...The ground services team is one of the most efficient arms of KQ furthermore the Manager in charge of Transfers and Karibu let's her team decide what hotels the passengers go to....anyway they are working on a computerized system that will weed out any favoritism when i comes to allocating hotel rooms to delayed passengers who are in need of this service...

That he would 'participate' in the delay of international flights to get business sounds ridiculous. Think about all the aspects involved in a flight..what would one need to do to create a delay throughout the system, and how many people would be involved? And what a difficult and risky way to get business?

That said, though, it is almost impossible to get a room in Eka and Ole Sereni during the week...from Sunday night to Thursday night. I don't think such large underhand activities are called for to fill the hotels. My take is that if TN owns a stake in any of the 2 hotels he just must have seen the business opportunity knowing the average accommodation requirements stemming from airport operations.
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
Boris Boyka
#965 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 2:16:43 PM

@Obiero I heard so and it's karibu na ukweli + the doctoring of FY results . @Maka @DBLyon you must know Kenyans & TN is Kenyan "participating" ni kitu ya dakika mbili maneno kwisha
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Angelica _ann
#966 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 3:07:34 PM

KQ's day will come.........!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#967 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 4:41:01 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Hii ni threat ama blessing :)
@boris ukiona vyaa da gama jua vya KQ vinawezekana

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#968 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:42:09 AM

obiero wrote:
I thought it was Ole Sereni. No idea on deliberate delays.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mlennyma
#969 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:05:03 PM

On the run-way landing not taking off,I can see investors tears even the rights buyers at 14 are almost half way poorer
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
maka
#970 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:17:05 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Not in the near future...it will take a loooooonnnnnngg time.
Magnate
#971 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:28:07 PM

new lows of 8.5 printing, the effect of the BD headline today of minus 4bn expected on the fy ,watch this stock from a safe distance
No diagnosis,no pragnosis,no pragnosis no profit......Jesse livermore
VituVingiSana
#972 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:36:16 PM

I like @Obiero and I hope for his sake and sanity that KQ performs but...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gatheuzi
#973 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:49:54 PM

KQ's movement from 17 in '04 to around 85 in '06 allowed me to garner enough bride price when I was tying the knot. Well, the same may be replicated, i.e. it may move from from 8ish to wherever some of us want it to go.

But in my opinion if you have a short term goal with it, then you better sell and buy KNRE else you remain "single"....

Seriously this one needs a long term fellow who is probably looking for the bride price of his 15yr old son.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
MKWASI
#974 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:11:25 PM

Ebola didn't spare the Airline...
mlennyma
#975 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:16:41 PM

The impact of ebola is yet to bite this starving company,worst yet to come
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Euge
#976 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:22:32 PM

Nitaingojea chini
Lord, thank you!
Pesa Nane
#977 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:04:02 PM

maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Not in the near future...it will take a loooooonnnnnngg time.

You better believe this guy! He must be some important guy in KQ / KAA
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
maka
#978 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:46:40 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
@Obiero I heard so and it's karibu na ukweli + the doctoring of FY results . @Maka @DBLyon you must know Kenyans & TN is Kenyan "participating" ni kitu ya dakika mbili maneno kwisha

No no no...not on this maybe the likes of the embraer deal,TN might have got a cut but not on where passengers are to rest waiting for their rescheduled flight time....TN doesn't even know all hotels which have signed contracts with KQ for this service...uplift compared to same time last year is down around 23% should give you an indicator of how the results would look like....
obiero
#979 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:57:43 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

:) i like u too bro.. iv never said its short term and the macro economics this year have js been against the share.. Those reacting to a headline are not people we should take seriously. KQ flights to Europe in particular Paris France, China, Middle East are doing well. Jambojet turnover is also significant along with other African routes.. KQ's day will come..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#980 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:31:27 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

:) i like u too bro.. iv never said its short term and the macro economics this year have js been against the share.. Those reacting to a headline are not people we should take seriously. KQ flights to Europe in particular Paris France, China, Middle East are doing well. Jambojet turnover is also significant along with other African routes.. KQ's day will come..
Opportunity Cost. I will look at it in 2015. Do they still release Quarterly Operating Stats? How was 1Q 2015 Apr-Jun)?