wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<483484485486487>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#9681 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:15:35 AM

tandich wrote:
Looking at the BS, it will be back to negative equity next FY (it is probably already in that teritory) unless they raise some more capital. I can't see them generating a profit in 2018

A strong performance is on the cards.. The financial restructuring aided KQ in more ways than can be mentioned

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#9682 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:31:13 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=obiero][quote=Ericsson]NSE Closing prices for Tuesday March 21 2017
KQ share price down 3.64% or 20 cents to close at 5.30

Weka link captain

https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...cs.html?view=statistics[/quote]
9.43% up on ever thin volumes.. http://live.mystocks.co.ke/m/stock=KQ[/quote]
Tungoje closing price leo

@ericsson, have you usurped my role? 😂😂😂

Usurped how;you are MIA

As the two fellows keep bickering KQ rises to its rightful place as the Pride of Africa and now the pride of NSE.. Traders will earn a lot of money in the short, mid and particularly long term. Though I will probably not stay on to the long haul. At KES 8 I will lighten load and at KES 12, I will exit

@Obiero
Temporary rise before a fall.KQ rises by a small margin to recoup losses of previous trading you make it a big fuss;when it falls you go quiet.

March 22, 2017 http://wazua.co.ke/forum...sts&t=7270&p=363

obiero
#9683 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:34:34 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Spikes][quote=Ericsson]Qatar Airways has announced that it will launch direct flights between Mombasa and Doha next year, stepping up domestic competition for national carrier Kenya Airways.

http://www.businessdaily...04060-22th1i/index.html[/quote]
Which means Kenya's national carrier KQ is strapped between hard rock of competition and dilemma of turnaround .

Will it stand the pressure of competition from world class Asian carriers like Qatar airways?

Chief you are looking at this thing upside down! Will Qatar jet the passengers from Kisumu to Mombasa for onward transit to Doha? Once the passengers get to Mombasa, are we assuming that they will stay in Mombasa only or will want to visit Antananarivo, Blantyre, Cotonou or Bangui? Ngunze's winning big in Africa dream is the silver bullet for KQ. Let the international airlines bring peope into Africa. Its good news!

It is not good news for KQ. Tourists from Europe, US and other continents which KQ, KLM and other Sky team partners could have flown to NBO then onwards to MBS by KQ are gone. Qatar Airways and the other One world alliance partners will now be the beneficiaries.

I understand you on the direct entry to MSA but 100% will choose Qatar or other alliance partners?? The Nairobi link is crucial and it's unlikely that their chosen route will carry stupendous numbers

Yes it will adversely affect the numbers for KQ especially NBO-MBS, AMS-NBO, Paris-NBO, LHR-NBO AND even FROM Asia. Uhuruto signed it off when the Emir was in NBO a few weeks ago. I miss Kibaki's advisors, although they were corrupt, still they knew what is strategic and not. I am not sure what we got from Qatar in exchange for this.

Mombasa residents benefit from better, easier & cheaper connections.
Protectionism isn't optimal. Competition creates incentives for better services, value and freedom of choice.
[/quote

Qatar Airways is highly subsidized by the state and also benefit immensely from cheap labour. You cannot compare the cost base of KQ to that of Qatar Airways.

KQ also gets subsidies through cheap loans or guarantees on loans.

Not enough.. We need even the ticket price to be subsidised

GoK must support KQ fully.. It's not doing enough

obiero
#9684 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:43:25 AM

obiero wrote:
ecstacy wrote:
Suckered on this one. Serious asset shave. You win some others speculation can get you! smile

The cautionary statement should be taken seriously

June 14, 2017

obiero
#9685 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:48:46 AM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
21st July...thats Thursday I believe...

What will happen by then? Yves last working day?

9 days to go.. The rally is full on as predicted by @karasinga

Thursday as @Maka states.

CS Treasury hints at an equity partner within one month from now. They will play with it to favour them.

Interesting. Thursday is the day ,then a month time is when true shareholding will be realised! !!hope not dilution of current shareholders by creating more shares! !

The exchange bar confirms that dilution is on the way.. In this scenario KQ does not have the capital to service current liabilities and the firm is hindered from issuing new debt due to covenants of existing debt and a rights issue cannot even be mentioned. PJT Partners proposes equity offering of new shares worth KES 60B.. It will be an ebb and flow, dying to live or living to die.. I speak in code

Who will provide 60Bn equity to a company with -45Bn shareholders' funds? Junk bonds maybe, equity never.

By Jun 04.2017 the exchange bar already tipped off the knowledge on dilution.. @sparkly mentioned junk bonds.. Whatever that means

Crunch time.. All unfolds as previously foretold by the exchange bar. Only the bold and liquid are expected around here

There has been no better time to buy KQ than right now

obiero
#9686 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:52:50 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
As a "fundamental" investor, I do not understand why anyone would buy KQ shares at 4/- when the indications are that KQ will issue shares to the banks/GoK at around 2/-.

What justifies the 2/-? At a 10 PER, KQ has to make KES 0.20 per share whereas (even with all the drama) many banks are selling at less than 10x PER when times are tough. By 2018, (most of the listed) banks will have "clean books" by taking the NPLs in 2017, adjusted to interest capping and increased their mobile (cheaper) banking footprint.

I have no interest in KQ but 1) as a Taxpayer [shafting in progress] and 2) fascination with human/investor behavior.

The KES 2 is pre consolidation..
Expect a rally soon. Though I am also fascinated by the guys who are buying now. Very brave investors

Now it's time to buy

lochaz-index
#9687 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:00:27 AM

Quote:
KQ’s equity position stood at Sh417 million in the period under review compared to negative Sh45 billion in the year to March 2017, according to a financial report that was released on Wednesday.

In short, kq is a long way from recovery. Another loss at FY 2018 will send kq back into negative equity territory. Going by the ceo's admission of another two year recovery window aka posting losses the negative equity is set to swell in the near future. That will need at least two years of turning a healthy profit to salvage the balance sheet position. Unless you are willing to sit tight for another five years the time to abandon ship is now.

https://www.businessdail...sAMP-12gv6nt/index.html

That said, the earlier price call of 1.5 per share looks distinctly steep.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#9688 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:01:56 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Hii consolidation and split of shares is coming from where.
From the last information new shares were created and allocated to kq lenders and GOK conversion of debt to equity.The par value of kq shares wasn't adjusted.
The total issued shares of kq is now 5.82bn.
I will wait for tomorrow to see

I will not laugh, since the PJT Partners deal is indeed quite complex to understand.. Read more here https://www.kenya-airway...the%20restructuring.pdf
23.28B shares after restructuring of the debt to equity at KES 2.13 per share were consolidated at a ratio of 1:4 to 5.82B shares, though existing shareholders are yet to defend their diluted stake via an Open Offer which was assured by the board to be at a price lower than that issued to GoK, KLM and KQ Lenders Co Ltd with the Open Offer expected to raise KES 1.5B automatically implying a ratio of 5 new shares at price of KES 1.8 i.e 813,160,565 new Open Offer shares.

I have read the article and its very straight forward and simple.No need trying to calculate complex stuff like 23.28bn shares at 2.13 then consolidation.
There will be no consolidation taking place post the 5.82bn shares.
@Obiero as it stands your shares should be 266,000 and not the 66,000 shares you are posting.

@ Ericsson are you expecting a rally tomorrow?

@ericsson has sworn KES 1.5 will print

Range of ksh.1.5-2.2

Here we are.. Few months later.. The truth is out. Fair value KES 12.5

obiero
#9689 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:03:26 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Quote:
KQ’s equity position stood at Sh417 million in the period under review compared to negative Sh45 billion in the year to March 2017, according to a financial report that was released on Wednesday.

In short, kq is a long way from recovery. Another loss at FY 2018 will send kq back into negative equity territory. Going by the ceo's admission of another two year recovery window aka posting losses the negative equity is set to swell in the near future. That will need at least two years of turning a healthy profit to salvage the balance sheet position. Unless you are willing to sit tight for another five years the time to abandon ship is now.

KQ time to buy is right now, today! Thank me later

Spikes
#9690 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:07:24 AM

obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Quote:

Are you serious or is just your obvious inelegant plunge protection comments?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#9691 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:09:41 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Quote:

obiero
#9692 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:18:42 AM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
the deal wrote:
obiero wrote:
1 trading day to lift-off.. Mark these words, minimum KES 8.52, maximum intra day KES 14. Fair value KES 12.5

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Obiero for the title of Supporter of the Year... KQ should give you free tickets

Hehe.. I accept the award

@obiero How do you value stocks? Fundamentals or speculative information?

Obiero is buy low sell high and move on

I have a mixture of both strategies but I prefer speculation based on inside knowledge via the exchange bar

Fair value KES 12.5 when factoring-in the Open Offer.. Now is absolutely the wrong time to sell and not the most opportune time to buy for existing shareholders.. Though existing shareholders with hearts of steel may accumulate sub KES 22

I am tempted to buy at current price but I shall exercise restraint. Expect a continuous trip upwards to KES 18 upto release of the Open Offer circular followed by a rapid fall down immediately afterwards.. How low it will go shall be anyone's guess, but mine remains KES 12.5

The rise happened and the rapid fall has taken place.. Now management must release the Open Offer circular as all information has now been factored

obiero
#9693 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:25:05 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Quote:

I cannot be inelegant and be your father.. At least your mother found me useful

Pirate
#9694 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:33:43 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Quote:

10 bob printed
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
obiero
#9695 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:57:49 PM

Pirate wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Quote:

10 bob printed

@pirate there is no volume to support the drop. It's time to buy KQ. Thank me later

Spikes
#9696 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:20:15 PM

obiero wrote:
Pirate wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Quote:

10 bob printed

@pirate there is no volume to support the drop. It's time to buy KQ. Thank me later

KQ drop is headed to catastrophic capitulation.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
mlennyma
#9697 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:51:04 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Pirate wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Quote:

10 bob printed

just imagine getting back to the price it was before ......value erosion
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#9698 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:05:50 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Pirate wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Quote:

10 bob printed

just imagine getting back to the price it was before ......value erosion

It's not possible.. KES 18.5 was an 'anomaly' based on price discovery. Fair value has always been KES 12.5 with anything less being a lifetime bargain. If one cannot buy now then he/she will have to live with the regret of telling their kin why they never bought stocks that were once at a very low price!

obiero
#9699 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:16:58 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
The slow pace in announcing the Open Offer is disheartening.. What’s soo difficult in preparing the ratio and price..

-
Whales strategizing how to screw you up hard your ass. Your portfolio is at risk of a major loss.

Your mother is very proud of your language. She raised you well. Kudos!

Kuwa mpole bro.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

It's very disappointing that KQ management actually released the full year results with no mention of the Open Offer.. Totally insane

Stiffler
#9700 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:50:24 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
The slow pace in announcing the Open Offer is disheartening.. What’s soo difficult in preparing the ratio and price..

-
Whales strategizing how to screw you up hard your ass. Your portfolio is at risk of a major loss.

Your mother is very proud of your language. She raised you well. Kudos!

Kuwa mpole bro.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

It's very disappointing that KQ management actually released the full year results with no mention of the Open Offer.. Totally insane

Had also expected some info on the open Offer to be availed...

But apparently nobody cares about the minority, they can go hang, if they so wish ....!