772 Pages«<475476477478479>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#9521 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:49:11 PM

Spikes wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
obiero wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Banks always have provisions for bad debts. This is an important thing to remember here because the share price will not depend on any fundamentals in the near term, it will depend on how banks choose to deal with their shares.

A decision to cut losses and get whatever cash they can will will lead to a massive selloff that will drive down share price.

Banks need cash and they are in the business of selling debts every day not sitting and waiting for shares to appreciate. I bet some bankers would be willing to take 50% or less of what they put in if they could get the cash today rather than wait 5 years and hope to recover the whole amount. As soon as serious buyers show up this price will tank precipitously. I hope I am wrong but a steep drop is coming. I am calling a sub 5/= by end of January 2018.

Remember that the banks do not hold the shares as banks but via KQ Lenders Co Ltd with Dr Martin Oduor as the chosen bank representative.. The said company is run by directors via resolutions.. I would love to see any resolution to sell KQ stock at KES 5 while they bought at KES 8.52.. Further the main banks can opt to buy out the leaner ones to stabilize the price.. These are not sheepish shareholders with no clue of what they are doing.. January is not far.. We await your prophesy to materialize

I was wrong. Obiero was right.

He was right by sheer coincidence!

I agree. This @obiero character is simply a lucky guess master.. A one off prophet

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#9522 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 9:48:08 PM

maka wrote:
This bugger wants to remove Buddy passes... Smh he should go back to Poland.

Applause Applause Applause That's the way to go! Why give away seats for free?
Of course, I will support you if you send a buddy pass my way! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#9523 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 9:49:52 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Hahaha. Sebastian Bugger Mikosz. Best friend to Grandiose Bugger Obiero

Am really annoyed... This is one of the things Ngunze worked on for the employees.

Instead of working for profits for shareholders...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ArrestedDev
#9524 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 11:44:03 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Am really annoyed... This is one of the things Ngunze worked on for the employees.

Hahaha. Analysis must have been done and KQ might be loosing revenue especially when there is currently no capacity at all. Every full revenue seat counts if KQ is to return to profitability.

This guy knows exactly what is required to manage & generate revenue.
maka
#9525 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 5:04:04 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Hahaha. Analysis must have been done and KQ might be loosing revenue especially when there is currently no capacity at all. Every full revenue seat counts if KQ is to return to profitability.

Nope actually it made KQ around 100m last year am sure you know how the system works you can only get a seat if the flight has space... and all if not most are ID75 which means you pay 25% of the fare... No full fare paying passenger has ever been bumped for someone with a buddy pass.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#9526 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 7:46:57 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Nope actually it made KQ around 100m last year am sure you know how the system works you can only get a seat if the flight has space... and all if not most are ID75 which means you pay 25% of the fare... No full fare paying passenger has ever been bumped for someone with a buddy pass.

@maka bumping probably not, but what about creating artificial space shortage while manipulating the bookings.. Travel Agents appear on the audit report as colluding with errant KQ staff

ArrestedDev
#9527 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 9:44:57 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

There must be misuse noted somewhere. This guy is a real manager.

As Obiero also says, some KQ bad apples might be selling them to travel agents hence loss of revenue.

In conclusion, it is prone to misuse and better done away with. Staff have ID90.

maka
#9528 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 10:04:25 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

As Obiero also says, some KQ bad apples might be selling them to travel agents hence loss of revenue.

In conclusion, it is prone to misuse and better done away with. Staff have ID90.

Nope no misuse anywhere that I am 100% sure plus its only 4 tickets...
obiero
#9529 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 10:09:54 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

@maka 4 tickets with a staff count of over 4,000 is quite significant

VituVingiSana
#9530 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 10:25:55 AM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Ufa hazamisha merikebu. [A leak sinks even a big ship] ... Applies 100% to KQ.

What's this ID75 and ID90?
How do they work?
Is the discount off the FULL fare?
What about taxes?
maka
#9531 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 10:59:34 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

How do they work?
What about taxes?

ID90 is applicable for KQ staff... they get to pay 10% of the full fare plus taxes...
KQ employees appoint 4 buddies who can travel on ID75...pay 25% of the full fare plus taxes.

You can only book a flight through the Ipride portal... so there is no way once the buddy has been nominated can sell the buddy pass... Its impossible.

You ONLY get a seat if there is availability... You are usually on stand by all through...
obiero
#9532 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 11:51:50 AM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

How do they work?
What about taxes?

ID90 is applicable for KQ staff... they get to pay 10% of the full fare plus taxes...
KQ employees appoint 4 buddies who can travel on ID75...pay 25% of the full fare plus taxes.

You can only book a flight through the Ipride portal... so there is no way once the buddy has been nominated can sell the buddy pass... Its impossible.

You ONLY get a seat if there is availability... You are usually on stand by all through...

But @maka isn't it possible to nominate a stranger at the discounted rate then pocket the excess gain.. Maybe im not getting the full picture but I did read that there was massive malpractice via agents

obiero
#9533 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 7:32:51 AM

Sebastian Mikosz we love you https://www.businessdail...292946-tcaqaf/index.html

VituVingiSana
#9534 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 8:29:02 AM

[quote=obiero]Sebastian Mikosz we love you https://www.businessdail...92946-tcaqaf/index.html[/quote]

I wish there was a "new KQ" without the burden/liabilities/staff of the "Old KQ" coz I might actually have invested in it!

Applause Applause Applause to Mikosz. He should sack all those who think it's business as was at KQ. I am not a shareholder and unlikely to be one until the price drops significantly to what I consider "Fair Value" [3/- currently]... BUT I do own 1/44,000,000,000 of 30% of KQ [and another teeny % via KQLC/banks] PLUS I do not want to subsidize KQ via taxation/GoK debt.

Therefore, I want KQ (as a business) to succeed. Spectacularly.
ArrestedDev
#9535 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 9:39:50 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=obiero]Sebastian Mikosz we love you https://www.businessdail...92946-tcaqaf/index.html[/quote]

I wish there was a "new KQ" without the burden/liabilities/staff of the "Old KQ" coz I might actually have invested in it!

Applause Applause Applause to Mikosz. He should sack all those who think it's business as was at KQ. I am not a shareholder and unlikely to be one until the price drops significantly to what I consider "Fair Value" [3/- currently]... BUT I do own 1/44,000,000,000 of 30% of KQ [and another teeny % via KQLC/banks] PLUS I do not want to subsidize KQ via taxation/GoK debt.

I still prefer planes to be maintained by KQ staff.Outsourcing to Etihad is not the best option.

These are jobs being shipped to Indians & Filipinos working for Etihad.

The Court of Appeal is likely to differ with KQ.

We need to develop aviation engineering capabilities at home.
VituVingiSana
#9536 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 10:04:56 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I still prefer planes to be maintained by KQ staff.Outsourcing to Etihad is not the best option.

These are jobs being shipped to Indians & Filipinos working for Etihad.

The Court of Appeal is likely to differ with KQ.

We need to develop aviation engineering capabilities at home.

That's BS on their part for a simple reason. The staff at KQ want none of the pain and all of the gain. If the "aviation engineering" guys are good then why don't they form a company and offer those services at a rate that matches Etihad.

A living KQ is better for Kenya than a dead KQ.

Even if they are reinstated, they should be given jobs like washing the floors so they do not interfere with the planes. I do not trust them. A disgruntled worker is better off fired than allowed to touch a plane.
Ericsson
#9537 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 1:16:25 PM

http://kenyanwallstreet....eekly-flights-mauritius

Kenya Airways has launched four weekly flights to Mauritius saying this is part of its broad strategy to expand its footprint across Africa.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#9538 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 1:29:48 PM

Ericsson wrote:
http://kenyanwallstreet.com/kenya-airways-launches-four-weekly-flights-mauritius

Kenya Airways has launched four weekly flights to Mauritius saying this is part of its broad strategy to expand its footprint across Africa.

That NYC flight has 76 bookings so far...
VituVingiSana
#9539 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 1:35:37 PM

Ericsson wrote:
http://kenyanwallstreet.com/kenya-airways-launches-four-weekly-flights-mauritius

Mikosz and Joseph slowly undoing the damage their predecessors caused...
Good move! Together with Air Mauritius, KQ can fly West/Central/East African pax to Australia and SE Asia. They can use KQ/AM instead of ET/EK/QR.

Still not investable at 15/- but as a "Taxpayer" shareholder I want a profitable KQ.
VituVingiSana
#9540 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 1:38:21 PM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

That NYC flight has 76 bookings so far...

What's the fare in Economy?
[BTW, @obiero do you still get free upgrades or Mikosz put a stop to that?]