Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<461462463464465>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#9241 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:28:15 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
This thread is about to lose credibility it used to enjoy.

Weka link

i think he means that many retail shareholders of kq did not grasp this consolidation well.The final result is that if an investor had 4000 shares,he now has 1000.So there is still no gain whatsoever despite the price change.The banks and other big lenders are the ones who have benefited only.The former shareholders are still in the red.

Many means who? Only very illiterate shareholders didn't digest the consolidated and they should have visited wazua for guidance. What about the minority who bought last few days at lows of KES 2.10.. Jua ikiwika ya wakia wote.. Those who take advantage have everything to gain

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#9242 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:31:33 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

i think he means that many retail shareholders of kq did not grasp this consolidation well.The final result is that if an investor had 4000 shares,he now has 1000.So there is still no gain whatsoever despite the price change.The banks and other big lenders are the ones who have benefited only.The former shareholders are still in the red.

Many means who? What about the minority who bought last few days at lows of KES 2.10.. Jua ikiwika ya wakia wote.. Those who take advantage have everything to gain

What about the most timid minor shareholder who sold at kes 2.1/- Historical loss was made here.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#9243 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:53:26 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

Many means who? What about the minority who bought last few days at lows of KES 2.10.. Jua ikiwika ya wakia wote.. Those who take advantage have everything to gain

What about the most timid minor shareholder who sold at kes 2.1/- Historical loss was made here.

That's a negative view of life

sparkly
#9244 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 12:17:15 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

That's a negative view of life

Boom shot!
Life is short. Live passionately.
eboomerang
#9245 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 12:51:39 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

I've seen this assertion that "banks benefited" a few times including in the media. When we say that "banks benefited" what exactly does this mean in this context? any one who knows how they seemingly "benefited" ?

If they converted to shares prior to consolidation, they should have been subject to consolidation too. If they converted after consolidation, they should have paid the higher price of the share post consolidation. Did neither of this apply? was a discount applied on the conversion price?
Ericsson
#9246 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 12:53:22 PM

eboomerang wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

I've seen this assertion a few times including in the media When we say that "banks benefited" what exactly does this mean? any one who know how they seemingly "benefited" ?

If they converted to shares prior to consolidation, they should have been subject to consolidation too. If they converted after consolidation, they should have paid the higher price of the share post consolidation. Did neither of this apply? was a discount applied on the conversion price?

Acha kelele
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
eboomerang
#9247 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 12:55:01 PM

Ericsson wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

I've seen this assertion a few times including in the media When we say that "banks benefited" what exactly does this mean? any one who knows how they seemingly "benefited" ?

Acha kelele

Accept and move on ? smile
Ebenyo
#9248 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 12:59:40 PM

Ericsson wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

I've seen this assertion a few times including in the media When we say that "banks benefited" what exactly does this mean? any one who know how they seemingly "benefited" ?

Acha kelele

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly thanks ericson for coming to my aid.hiyo maswali mingi aulize obiero ndio anajua.mimi naye nilisoma kwa media.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#9249 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 12:59:50 PM

eboomerang wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

I've seen this assertion a few times including in the media When we say that "banks benefited" what exactly does this mean? any one who knows how they seemingly "benefited" ?

Acha kelele

Accept and move on ? smile

Talk about the future;whatever you are saying has been done and can't change now
obiero
#9250 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:08:00 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

Acha kelele

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly thanks ericson for coming to my aid.hiyo maswali mingi aulize obiero ndio anajua.mimi naye nilisoma kwa media.

Lol.. Kuweni wapole @eboomerang.. KQ Lenders Co Ltd obtained 1 ordinary share and 19 deffered shares which were then consolidated from a previous price of KES 2.13. So they gain at any price above KES 8.52

eboomerang
#9251 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:16:44 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

Acha kelele

Lol.. Kuweni wapole @eboomerang.. KQ Lenders Co Ltd obtained 1 ordinary share and 19 deffered shares which were then consolidated from a previous price of KES 2.13. So they gain at any price above KES 8.52

Thanks for the explanation, wasn't privy to that detail. Kweli hio ni classic case study of double dipping.
obiero
#9252 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:24:45 PM

eboomerang wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

Acha kelele

Thanks for the explanation, wasn't privy to that detail. Kweli hio ni classic case study of double dipping.

In essence at current price GOK, KLM, KQ ESOP and KQ Lenders Co Ltd have all doubled their equity investment.. But that's where the lie begins. The current price is false! Only propped up by speculation. Fair value cannot or rather should not exceed KES 12.5

eboomerang
#9253 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:31:31 PM

obiero wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

Acha kelele

In essence at current price GOK, KLM, KQ ESOP and KQ Lenders Co Ltd have all doubled their equity investment.. But that's where the lie begins. The current price is false! Only propped up by speculation. Fair value cannot or rather should not exceed KES 12.5

Speculation and other market characteristics are probably driving the price.
obiero
#9254 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:09:17 PM

@maka thought you said Hondius the great was leaving? Seems like he's growing stronger by the week http://www.businessdaily...28510-qauhwuz/index.html

ArrestedDev
#9255 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:47:10 PM

[quote=obiero]@maka thought you said Hondius the great was leaving? Seems like he's growing stronger by the week http://www.businessdaily...8510-qauhwuz/index.html[/quote]

The acquisition was announced sometimes back. I said here previously that these aircrafts should have been leased long ago.

Customers should never have been subjected to the experience they went through the last festive season. I gave you the example of Magufuli buying similar aircrafts at a lightning speed while Hondious and Ngunze were leasing old ones from DAC aviation.

I hope KQ utilises the two B737 being decommissioned by Jambojet instead of parking/selling them.
obiero
#9256 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 7:21:42 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
@maka thought you said Hondius the great was leaving? Seems like he's growing stronger by the week http://www.businessdaily...8510-qauhwuz/index.html

The acquisition was announced sometimes back. I said here previously that these aircrafts should have been leased long ago.

Customers should never have been subjected to the experience they went through the last festive season. I gave you the example of Magufuli buying similar aircrafts at a lightning speed while Hondious and Ngunze were leasing old ones from DAC aviation.

I hope KQ utilises the two B737 being decommissioned by Jambojet instead of parking/selling them.

Parking the B737 would be tragic.. It's better off to sell incase their utility or maintenance cost is above normal

Ericsson
#9257 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 10:19:14 AM

Kq should be buying second hand planes or leasing from other airlines.
Kq can't play league of buying brand new planes
Spikes
#9258 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 10:25:34 AM

Ericsson wrote:

usiskike na @ obiero ukiongea hivyo na hayo masifa yake yote na KQLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#9259 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 10:50:05 AM

Spikes wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

usiskike na @ obiero ukiongea hivyo na hayo masifa yake yote na KQLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

How else can KQ achieve a young fuel efficient fleet if not via purchase.. Leased planes are usually older

VituVingiSana
#9260 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 11:24:07 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

How else can KQ achieve a young fuel efficient fleet if not via purchase.. Leased planes are usually older

A few years ago but around the same time...
Delta bought old planes, refurbished the and made huge profits off utilizing cheap planes.
KQ bought new planes (kickbacks?), couldn’t make the payments and made losses galore.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett