sparkly
#9221 Posted : Saturday, December 09, 2017 2:47:49 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Making "short-term" profits, by some, on trading the shares isn't a sign of strength for a firm... A firm that delivers VALUE for all shareholders i.e. will you be happy holding the shares for 10 years if they are suspended from trading?

I like buying (good) BUSINESSES [at fair/cheap prices]...

I like MJ and Mikosz [straight shooters] but I need to see a solid turnaround then pay a FAIR price. Based on the NAV/share and (potential) EPS, it seems that price is sub-5 for me.

I shall look at KQ but it has to provide LONG-TERM profitable growth vs the likes of (some) banks, KK, Unga, KenRe, etc.

This is not about emotions but money.

I just bought more KenRe. Why? It's a laggard on the stock market [19-22] but the EARNINGS add value to the intrinsic value. KenRe makes KES 3-5 (EPS) and pays KES 0.75 and eventually the payoff will show up.

I am a poor trader but I am happy with firms that throw off cash. I want to be a mini-mini-Warren Buffett.

Once KQ is truly profitable, then like WB, I will look at it at a FAIR price. I can't fathom paying 8x NAV for KQ. Even Equity trades at no more than 2x NAV.

BTW, I don't invest in Bandia firms. No more ADSS, HAFR, Deacons, Express, Olympia, etc. I may follow them coz I want to learn but not invest in them.

NBK, NBV, Kurwitu must also appear in the bandia stock listing. Meanwhile NAV is fair to use in firms that obtain organic growth and not debt funded.. KQ falls into the latter category so forward PE may be a better measure to use in your stock analysis and waiting for the fair price after profitability is achieved will only mean that you will pay a premium

Let's not discuss forward PEs until there is a positive EPS for 4 straight quarters.

Q1 2018 shall be the first return to profit. Expect all historical skeletons to be dumped onto FY 2017 with the airline having adjusted it's reporting FY end-cycle to Dec from Mar

Management and Advisors hide alot of skeletons when restructuring.

It's called cleaning out the books upon change of reporting cycles, pretty normal and legal

It's called fraud in civilized societies. CMC, Uchumi, KQ, NBK, HAL, Mumias executives would be all be in prison if GOK was serious.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#9222 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 9:35:09 AM

The Open Offer circular is to be released before end of week

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#9223 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 9:38:44 AM

obiero wrote:

A new dawn is coming!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#9224 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 10:37:36 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

A late believer? A converted doubting Thomas?

Spikes
#9225 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 11:26:18 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

http://www.businessdaily...23092-1pprtmz/index.html
eboomerang
#9226 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 4:17:09 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
[quote=obiero]The Open Offer circular is to be released before end of week

A new dawn is coming!

http://www.businessdaily...3092-1pprtmz/index.html[/quote]
Is it me or that B.Daily article is misleading? Yes there was dilution but did people expect the number of shares to remain and the price to increase?

“I knew there was dilution but I did not expect the number of shares I held to drop,” said David Kamau, an investor whose share ownership declined from 10,000 units to 2,500 when Kenya Airways shares resumed trading on the NSE on November 29...

Assuming their shares had not been slashed, the minority investors would have seen the value of their stake in Kenya Airways rise from an aggregate of Sh3.4 billion to Sh11.3 billion using Friday’s share price.
That would have left them with a paper gain of Sh7.9 billion.
The consolidation, however, saw their combined ownership drop to Sh2.8 billion, a loss of Sh609.8 million.

Are people mixing up number of shares and the value? if the person had 10K shares prior to restructuring where each share unit was KES 5.00, the new unit of share after a 1-4 consolidation was KES 20.00. Effectively his portfolio remained valued at KES 50,000 albeit at a lower ownership fraction. At the current prices, the person would make the desired money by offloading a smaller number of shares than he would have sold prior to restructuring.

Ama namna gani?
obiero
#9227 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 4:34:44 PM

eboomerang wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

http://www.businessdaily...3092-1pprtmz/index.html

Is it me or that B.Daily article is misleading? Yes there was dilution but did people expect the number of shares to remain and the price to increase?

“I knew there was dilution but I did not expect the number of shares I held to drop,” said David Kamau, an investor whose share ownership declined from 10,000 units to 2,500 when Kenya Airways shares resumed trading on the NSE on November 29...

Assuming their shares had not been slashed, the minority investors would have seen the value of their stake in Kenya Airways rise from an aggregate of Sh3.4 billion to Sh11.3 billion using Friday’s share price.
The consolidation, however, saw their combined ownership drop to Sh2.8 billion, a loss of Sh609.8 million.

Are people mixing up number of shares and the value? if the person had 10K shares prior to restructuring where each share unit was KES 5.00, the new unit of share after a 1-4 consolidation was KES 20.00. Effectively his portfolio remained valued at KES 50,000 albeit at a lower ownership fraction. At the current prices, the person would make the desired money by offloading a smaller number of shares than he would have sold prior to restructuring.

Ama namna gani?

@eboomerang a useless article by business daily. Though granted, some of the elderly shareholders may not have known exactly how to interpret the dilution. But it doesn't deserve the front page!

Spikes
#9228 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 4:46:02 PM

obiero wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

Ama namna gani?

@eboomerang a useless article by business daily. Though granted, some of the elderly shareholders may not have known exactly how to interpret the dilution. But it doesn't deserve the front page!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
muandiwambeu
#9229 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 5:31:14 PM

eboomerang wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

Ama namna gani?

True, albeit kuoshwa on the way. It was rather Demeaning to some investors to trade in penny stock, and had literally written of their holdings at kqueer. Now at a high(not higher) price there is room to fall. One more disastrous result and the cann continuous the momentous tumble down hill. Anyway everyone is here for a cause.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Ericsson
#9230 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 5:34:52 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

Ama namna gani?

True, albeit kuoshwa on the way. It was rather Demeaning to some investors to trade in penny stock, and had literally written of their holdings at kqueer. Now at a high(not higher) price there is room to fall. One more disastrous result and the cann continuous the momentous tumble down hill. Anyway everyone is here for a cause.

Having portfolio where every counter is on the positive side relative to buying price sio rahisi
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
eboomerang
#9231 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 6:26:29 PM

Ericsson wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

Ama namna gani?

Having portfolio where every counter is on the positive side relative to buying price sio rahisi

Agreed.
obiero
#9232 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 7:10:53 PM

eboomerang wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

Ama namna gani?

Agreed.

Co-sign. The NSE high priests who swear not to have lost any money during their trading life cycle, are not honest

Spikes
#9233 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 7:43:08 PM

obiero wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

Ama namna gani?

Agreed.

Co-sign. The NSE high priests who swear not to have lost any money during their trading life cycle, are not honest

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Makuhani wakuu wa soko la hisa!
Who're these high priests? Profile them.
VituVingiSana
#9234 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 11:20:46 PM

obiero wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

Ama namna gani?

True! Only firms that lose billions every quarter should be on the front page! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#9235 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 11:43:40 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
eboomerang wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

A new dawn is coming!

Ama namna gani?

True! Only firms that lose billions every quarter should be on the front page! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

At your age, I expect enhanced decorum

obiero
#9236 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:15:29 PM

Industrial action in Nigeria Lagos has kicked off in high gear today but Mikosz Sebastian isn't budging.. A very strong-willed CEO

Spikes
#9237 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:55:37 AM

This thread is about to lose credibility it used to enjoy.
obiero
#9238 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:21:52 PM

Spikes wrote:

Weka link

Ebenyo
#9239 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:02:45 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Weka link

i think he means that many retail shareholders of kq did not grasp this consolidation well.The final result is that if an investor had 4000 shares,he now has 1000.So there is still no gain whatsoever despite the price change.The banks and other big lenders are the ones who have benefited only.The former shareholders are still in the red.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
maka
#9240 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:27:00 PM

obiero wrote:
Industrial action in Nigeria Lagos has kicked off in high gear today but Mikosz Sebastian isn't budging.. A very strong-willed CEO

Ummmh told you....
possunt quia posse videntur