#8681 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 2:41:17 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
[quote=obiero]Live from Kigali KQ wins Best Airline Business Class in Africa https://twitter.com/keny...atus/917853123363987461[/quote]

Drool Sickquot; Sickquot;

Why didn't @vvs favorite airline Rwandair take it? Kudos Coste and Sebastian who have clarified that KQ will never aim to offer the cheapest flight but the best flight experience. Watu wa budget mpande JJ

I have never seen anything special with J class...ummmh apart from the staff maybe...good natured...

Better than ET @maka. What are you saying? Do not compare with ME3.

F class is just the one on KQ. It's what contributed to the Best Airline in Africa award. As for @maka comment on the J class. That seems like a discussion ignitor, he can't be serious about the statement. KQ is The Pride of Africa

Am entitled to an upgrade everytime I travelsmile which is quite a bit I perfectly know what am talking about😊

Lack of cash has restricted so many things...inflight ent is crap to be honest same movies the last one year...

Ummmh drinks is also a challenge...

Menu limited...the food is good but kidogo options...

For someone whose paying like 100k one way to CPT or JNB just to fly J class its a rip offsmile

So the award was fraudulent??

What is the competition really?
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#8682 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 2:46:17 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
[quote=obiero]Live from Kigali KQ wins Best Airline Business Class in Africa https://twitter.com/keny...atus/917853123363987461[/quote]

Why didn't @vvs favorite airline Rwandair take it? Kudos Coste and Sebastian who have clarified that KQ will never aim to offer the cheapest flight but the best flight experience. Watu wa budget mpande JJ

I have never seen anything special with J class...ummmh apart from the staff maybe...good natured...

F class is just the one on KQ. It's what contributed to the Best Airline in Africa award. As for @maka comment on the J class. That seems like a discussion ignitor, he can't be serious about the statement. KQ is The Pride of Africa

Am entitled to an upgrade everytime I travelsmile which is quite a bit I perfectly know what am talking about😊

Lack of cash has restricted so many things...inflight ent is crap to be honest same movies the last one year...

For someone whose paying like 100k one way to CPT or JNB just to fly J class its a rip offsmile

So you agree that KQ is the best we have in Africa?

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#8683 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 10:40:40 PM

Turkish has suffered a bird strike and had to pull an emergency stop at Moi International

maka
#8684 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 5:02:32 PM

Sebastian is taking top management to task...going forward all of them will be on a 3 month renewable contract i.e from Nov 1st if you dont meet your KPIs you go home....
VituVingiSana
#8685 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 6:00:19 PM

maka wrote:
Sebastain is taking top management to task...going forward all of them will be on a 3 month renewable contract i.e from Nov 1st if you dont meet your KPIs you ho home....

Sebastian is no Titus! I want KQ to succeed, without special treatment and stifling competition, so it stops feeding at the Taxpayer funded trough!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ArrestedDev
#8686 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 1:42:37 PM

maka wrote:
Sebastian is taking top management to task...going forward all of them will be on a 3 month renewable contract i.e from Nov 1st if you dont meet your KPIs you go home....

How to separate boys from men. Transformation begins.
tandich
#8687 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 11:41:05 PM

Equity getting onside with KQ

Angelica _ann
#8688 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 12:17:36 AM

Looks like the rescue will finally work guided by mzungus smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#8689 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 6:57:55 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Had a nasty nightmare that the 75% voting threshold was not achieved, leading to bankruptcy proceedings.. God forbid it

All concerned shareholders of the "msaliti" banks should write to the CEOs of the banks playing ball to reject the offer!

KQ taking massive hits this week.. Sad turn of events, but luckily the inside scoop has been availed from the exchange bar. KES 8 per share is a near certainty. Expect a reprieve rally on the post-election dates, especially if peace prevails

Yep terrible week...Pilots at it again major disruptions in the offing....

These KALPA guys need to be serious. Are they ready to bury KQ? Apparently the 737 incident could be sabotage

Apparently Gichinga already doesnt like Mikosz claims he is arrogant and hard headed...Seems they are ready to bury the airline....11 arrivals cancelled + 7 departures...Crazy

Final 6 foot nail being hammered in the casket!

Orevua-KQ.
Sad

I'm at the exchange bar as I post this.. James Mwangi has got the dreaded call from the big man. Count the capital restructuring approved..
James Mwangi has a significant stake in Equity and should do what's best for Equity Bank! Why throw good money after bad? Equity and all the other banks should recover what little they can from KQ and call it a day.

I feel what you are saying.. But GoK has made it clear that choices have consequences. JM obviously cannot afford to loose the massive GoK hand in its books. He has had to give in

Please explain. I thought most national GoK biz goes to prop up National Bank and most of the rest to KCB.

Not necessarily.KQ before share restructuring wasn't GoK controlled.The bizz was on a willing buyer willing seller.Equity saw an opportunity and decided to give a big dive

So it comes to pass that Equity, Jamii Bora and Ecobank were in a futile fight.. Goes to show the kind of leadership that runs these banks. From the shareholders view they must have had a valid point but from the legal point of view, this was a case that should not have been filed

As early as August, the exchange bar wrote

obiero
#8690 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 7:09:58 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

It's Ngunze that brokered all the restructuring sign up by banks. KQ would be under were it not for Ngunze, Koimett, Thugge & Michael Joseph

ArrestedDev
#8691 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 9:17:55 AM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

It's Ngunze that brokered all the restructuring sign up by banks. KQ would be under were it not for Ngunze, Koimett, Thugge & Michael Joseph

Ngunze - No. Only tasked by MJ since he was the one who signed off all these loan contracts.If he was clever enough, he should not have borrowed to such levels but ask for a bailout from the govt hence diluting KLM. It was very evident with the corruption and mismanagement that took place KQ shall require a huge bailout from the state.
obiero
#8692 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 9:33:51 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Ngunze - No. Only tasked by MJ since he was the one who signed off all these loan contracts.If he was clever enough, he should not have borrowed to such levels but ask for a bailout from the govt hence diluting KLM. It was very evident with the corruption and mismanagement that took place KQ shall require a huge bailout from the state.

I don't think Ngunze is to blame directly.. He was not the CEO

Ericsson
#8693 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 9:40:00 AM

Alitalia which was formed in 1946 has only made profit in one financial year.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#8694 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 10:05:41 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Relevance?

Ericsson
#8695 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 10:39:42 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Relevance?

Airline business/running an airline is challenging
Ericsson
#8696 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 10:41:19 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

So you agree that KQ is the best we have in Africa?

Ethiopian Voted Best Airline in Middle East & Africa – 2017
http://kenyanwallstreet....-middle-east-africa-2017
VituVingiSana
#8697 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 3:20:01 PM

Wow! Banks are taking a huge haircut on loans to KQ...
http://www.businessdaily...292-12ou2yyz/index.html

Warren Buffett talked of shady managements & KQ had one of the worst!

One of my best decisions was to dump my KQ shares during the Right Issue in 2012 after I saw the numbers/plans behind Project Wizi fronted by Naikuni & his Merry Crooks.

My "re-allocation" into lazy, lethargic but solidly profitable shares in KenRe [separate shares performance from firm's performance] + well-managed KK + even volatile Unga have helped me recover losses from KQ.

Corporate Governance is very important. I would look at KQ only after the ownership dust settles, corporate governance is established [MJ is trying] and the financials improve [there's hope for solid growth]...

All the powerpoint presentations are useless if the thieves are in charge. I am glad for the country's sake that Sebastian & Michael are firing all those thieves and incompetent folks associated with Naikuni and Mbugua.

It was in 2012 that WB's lesson on Corporate Governance sunk in. I started looking at the Board and management more closely. It is NOT foolproof but it is better than blindly looking at numbers or projections.

Since 2012, I have shied away from (large - in my context) investments in firms whose management I am wary about. Recently, I started wading back into Centum but that's after a lot of introspection and assessing the past few years.

I feel much more comfortable sleeping at night with an investment that is "safe" [with all the caveats] than high-flying stuff.

I will make mistakes. Guaranteed. I hope the "gains" cover the "errors" and leave me with a good profit.

For those who have not read WB's writings, please read his letters to shareholders. They are available free of charge. Just google.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#8698 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 3:34:12 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

One of my best decisions was to dump my KQ shares during the Right Issue in 2012 after I saw the numbers/plans behind Project Wizi fronted by Naikuni & his Merry Crooks.

My "re-allocation" into lazy, lethargic but solidly profitable shares in KenRe [separate shares performance from firm's performance] + well-managed KK + even volatile Unga have helped me recover losses from KQ.

Corporate Governance is very important. I would look at KQ only after the ownership dust settles, corporate governance is established [MJ is trying] and the financials improve [there's hope for solid growth]...

All the powerpoint presentations are useless if the thieves are in charge. I am glad for the country's sake that Sebastian & Michael are firing all those thieves and incompetent folks associated with Naikuni and Mbugua.

It was in 2012 that WB's lesson on Corporate Governance sunk in. I started looking at the Board and management more closely. It is NOT foolproof but it is better than blindly looking at numbers or projections.

Since 2012, I have shied away from (large - in my context) investments in firms whose management I am wary about. Recently, I started wading back into Centum but that's after a lot of introspection and assessing the past few years.

I feel much more comfortable sleeping at night with an investment that is "safe" [with all the caveats] than high-flying stuff.

I will make mistakes. Guaranteed. I hope the "gains" cover the "errors" and leave me with a good profit.

For those who have not read WB's writings, please read his letters to shareholders. They are available free of charge. Just google.

Why cant people get jailed in Kenya surely even the straight forward cases for the likes of Itegi are dragging now... as long as no one ever goes to jail for this financial crimes the same will be repeated... Even that Chase bank issue will die down at some point...So sad...
Ericsson
#8699 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 3:34:29 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Wow a Warren Buffet student.
They should even read the Billionaire Next Door in addition to the letters.
Invest in companies you understand their operation
maka
#8700 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 6:43:04 PM

Another one sent home....Eng Chris Oanda...Head of Supply Chain.