Who exactly are these people who have been buying KQ today.. It beats logic

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
winston
#8202 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 11:40:23 AM

obiero wrote:
winston wrote:
obiero wrote:
winston wrote:
After conversion of debt into equity for the banks (was it to be at 2.13/-?)...is there a lock in period for the banks or are they free to offload their stakes immediately in the stock market (at say 1/-)?

@winston the stake was considered too large in terms of liquidity and hence would be consolidated at a ratio of 4:1.. Implying 2.13 times 4.. The new price would therefore be KES 8.52

@Obiero - Thanks. So conversion followed by consolidation...but still no lock in period.

Ten years deep, for the equity to revert back to debt which ideally would be settled in full.. But there's an option to cash out as early as day one. Intelligent banks should sell only upon a profit announcement. Wise banks will wait for the dividend

@Obiero - Thanks
actuarywahisa
#8203 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 11:47:50 AM

@Obiero... sub 4 before 08/08 Laughing out loudly
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
sparkly
#8204 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 11:50:49 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
winston wrote:
After conversion of debt into equity for the banks (was it to be at 2.13/-?)...is there a lock in period for the banks or are they free to offload their stakes immediately in the stock market (at say 1/-)?

@winston the stake was considered too large in terms of liquidity and hence would be consolidated at a ratio of 4:1.. Implying 2.13 times 4.. The new price would therefore be KES 8.52

In other words, a Reverse Split which adds no real value. All it does is reduce the number of shares...

Example: 10mn shares at 2/- = KES 20mn. a 4:1 "conversion" = 2.5mn shares at 8/- = KES 20mn.

In the meantime, I received a nice dividend from KenRe [which has paid an annual dividend since 2012 unlike KQ] and during 1Q 2017 a dividend from KK and an interim dividend expected in 3Q 2017. Even @Obiero's "bank he hates" aka I&M paid a dividend. Equity did too. Ahhh! So did DTB juzi juzi!

I don't expect a dividend from Unga [2016-17 was rough] but I look forward to 2017-18 if the country remains calm post-elections.

I doubt KQ will pay a dividend for the next 2 years even after the restructuring as financiers, etc will want a "stronger" KQ that has cash on hand.

Capital gains will outstrip measly dividend.. I actually rarely go for dividend stocks. Our investment strategies are world's apart

Incesting on hope.

Hehe. It would be ideal to learn English before posting on such weighty matters

Correct me great Okqiero Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#8205 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 1:20:19 PM

actuarywahisa wrote:

Immaterial drop, on the back of a cautionary statement. Only after EGM and elections day will the true value be revealed.. Meanwhile check out the volume

chiaroscuro
#8206 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 3:08:43 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
winston wrote:

In other words, a Reverse Split which adds no real value. All it does is reduce the number of shares...

Example: 10mn shares at 2/- = KES 20mn. a 4:1 "conversion" = 2.5mn shares at 8/- = KES 20mn.

In the meantime, I received a nice dividend from KenRe [which has paid an annual dividend since 2012 unlike KQ] and during 1Q 2017 a dividend from KK and an interim dividend expected in 3Q 2017. Even @Obiero's "bank he hates" aka I&M paid a dividend. Equity did too. Ahhh! So did DTB juzi juzi!

I don't expect a dividend from Unga [2016-17 was rough] but I look forward to 2017-18 if the country remains calm post-elections.

I doubt KQ will pay a dividend for the next 2 years even after the restructuring as financiers, etc will want a "stronger" KQ that has cash on hand.

Capital gains will outstrip measly dividend.. I actually rarely go for dividend stocks. Our investment strategies are world's apart

2 years? You're so optimistic!
% years as a minimum by my estimation. Most like 7 years.

Only some one with a strategic objectives would buy this monkey! Meanwhile, I'm still wondering why CMA and NSE have never seen it fit to suspend KQ. Others have been suspended for far less "crimes".
obiero
#8207 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 3:26:48 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
winston wrote:

2 years? You're so optimistic!
% years as a minimum by my estimation. Most like 7 years.

Only some one with a strategic objectives would buy this monkey! Meanwhile, I'm still wondering why CMA and NSE have never seen it fit to suspend KQ. Others have been suspended for far less "crimes".

1.4m shares traded as recently as today. Delisting will only happen once Kenya goes the Greece route.. God forbid

Spikes
#8208 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 3:59:25 PM

obiero wrote:
actuarywahisa wrote:

Immaterial drop, on the back of a cautionary statement. Only after EGM and elections day will the true value be revealed.. Meanwhile check out the volume

Volume is mere speculation Liar
Nothing tangible!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#8209 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 4:19:10 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
actuarywahisa wrote:

Volume is mere speculation Liar
Nothing tangible!

You would not have posted such if you were at the Milimani Law Courts today as Sebastian handed in the majority creditors conditional agreement. KLM & GoK hold 56% of the shares and have agreed to the restructuring. Bankers are now at 82% agreement, against a minimum threshold of 75%. All lights are green. Let's do this. 1 trading day to EGM.
http://www.businessdaily...43122-770nwoz/index.html

obiero
#8210 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 6:12:21 PM

Watch and learn..

muandiwambeu
#8211 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 6:32:26 PM

obiero wrote:
Watch and learn..

A list of guys in a deep hole. Just because they have agreed to stop digging, does not mean they have a way out of the mess. Just because a driver as realised that a vehicle's brakes have failed does not imply a method to stop it down hill is devised, he may opt to abandon it and jump out as well.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#8212 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 6:50:17 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Watch and learn..

A list of guys in a deep hole. Just because they have agreed to stop digging, does not mean they have a way out of the mess. Just because a driver as realised that a vehicle's brakes have failed does not imply a method to stop it down hill is devised, he may opt to abandon it and jump out as well.

That's a very negative attitude. With a peaceful election, expect a phoenix moment

sparkly
#8213 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 9:13:07 PM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Watch and learn..

That's a very negative attitude. With a peaceful election, expect a phoenix moment

One time you own 9.56% of a company then overnight you have 0.5%! If that is not shafting, i dont know what is.
obiero
#8214 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 9:53:13 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Watch and learn..

One time you own 9.56% of a company then overnight you have 0.5%! If that is not shafting, i dont know what is.

I believe that the restructure as explained in this document is the best way out for KQ..

obiero
#8215 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 10:11:23 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
actuarywahisa wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Kq is still in negative equity. Government loans amounting to $243mn is what will be converted to equity.
$525mn owed to US Exim Bank and $225mn owed to local lenders will have to be repaid with GOK acting as guarantor.
Local lenders/banks will not own any stake in KQ.

You could be right and that would imply less dilution.. Meanwhile, airlines and negative equity go hand in hand.. It's a normal thingy which we have already discussed here. The cash flow is what will be increased via the tenor concessions.. And that is a very good thing... As for bank debt to equity position, soma hii link along with the cautionary statement http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1962OA

The $225m for local banks will be converted to equity and then the deal appears for them to exit through open market. In the event that they are unable to exit and recover their money within the set timelines because of share price not recovering sufficiently then the government has to step in and compensate. And in the unlikely event that KQ folds then the Government wires capital + interest.

@actuary seems @Ericsson did not go to school.. Could we team up and send the guy for gumbaru

Kweli sikwenda shule.
Tafakari haya basi

"KQ, as it is known by its international code, secured House approval that will see the Treasury guarantee long-term loans that the airline owes the US Exim Bank ($525 million) and local lenders ($225 million).

These guarantees are being made in exchange for “material concessions” that include an extension of debt tenors, which will improve the airline’s repayment obligations."

http://www.businessdaily...76768-cxrmd3/index.html

@ericsson learn to listen to people who know what is happening.. KQ Lenders Co. LTD registered on 09.06.2017 shall now be a KQ shareholder. Total shares issued now rises to 29.9B.. Conversion price KES 2.13.. The same occurring via a share split and eventual consolidation with a factor of 1:4, resulting in 7.4B final listed shares. I await the Open Offer of 1.5B whose price the exchange bar notes has been agreed in principle to fall below KES 1.6.. There is no rights option so indeed I will buy to mitigate dilution of 95.5%, noting that the KQ Lenders Co Ltd, GoK & KLM will not participate in the issue. GoK now holds 45% of KQ.. KLM founding agreement of 1995 abolished. KQ now in positive equity of KES 11.5B. Sit tight

Which means my prophecy of 2/ bob is already smashed!

Please read the circular to understand the basis of arrival at KES 2.13. Its not as simple as you imagine, but definitely tomorrow the share may tank due to similar misunderstanding by Wanjiku. Meanwhile, the EGM will obviously approve the Open Offer on 07.08.2017. Plain calculations show that the fair value post-consolidation in a ratio of 1:4, to be KES 8.5 per KQ share, down from previous fair value of KES 10; still, PJT Partners, MJ, MN & SM have done a splendid job in the capital restructure.. Hats off

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wrEb6X1GzBw4V1b93 sincerely it would not be any easy here, held by the steel balls. Somebody must be wondering how it got all the way to this difficult situation.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Sad

Tukutane kwa debe EGM

sparkly
#8216 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 4:14:06 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Watch and learn..

I believe that the restructure as explained in this document is the best way out for KQ..

You own a 10 bedroom palace. Your neighbor takes over the palace but lets you keep the bathroom. The palace is indifferent but Mrs Obiero will not be amused, donge?
obiero
#8217 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 5:54:37 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Watch and learn..

You own a 10 bedroom palace. Your neighbor takes over the palace but lets you keep the bathroom. The palace is indifferent but Mrs Obiero will not be amused, donge?

Hehe. Omera. That's a nasty example. A better fit would be.. I used to own 24 bottles of wine worth KES 700 each but now I am told that due to other traders price adjustment I should consider that despite several broken bottles during transportation, my 2 remaining wine bottles are now worth KES 450 but that the dealer due to our long business relationship has offered a purchase of each new bottle at a subsidized price of KES 150 each. Further and more shockingly the dealer announces that all the old and next incoming shipment would retail at KES 852 as from 08.08.17. I think it's fair

muandiwambeu
#8218 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 9:23:22 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Watch and learn..

Hehe. Omera. That's a nasty example. A better fit would be.. I used to own 24 bottles of wine worth KES 700 each but now I am told that due to other traders price adjustment I should consider that despite several broken bottles during transportation, my 2 remaining wine bottles are now worth KES 450 but that the dealer due to our long business relationship has offered a purchase of each new bottle at a subsidized price of KES 150 each. Further and more shockingly the dealer announces that all the old and next incoming shipment would retail at KES 852 as from 08.08.17. I think it's fair

You do not hold the market by the balls @Obiero. You may set the price like its already set at kshs 5/= but trade at kshs 4/= bob market price. The market does not work with your EGM mad men's resolutions. The market is independent and very rational to give u adjustments for your crazy decisions. Look already for the Mr markets mood and see if you are catching a flu tooLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#8219 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 10:03:34 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
Watch and learn..

You do not hold the market by the balls @Obiero. You may set the price like its already set at kshs 5/= but trade at kshs 4/= bob market price. The market does not work with your EGM mad men's resolutions. The market is independent and very rational to give u adjustments for your crazy decisions. Look already for the Mr markets mood and see if you are catching a flu tooLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Hehe. Sasa mad men ni Michael Joseph au nani

winston
#8220 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 10:03:59 AM

Is this the longest running thread on Wazua? 8218 Posts and still rolling in...