wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<405406407408409>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
actuarywahisa
#8121 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:22:20 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Commercial banks that agree to swap their multi-billion shilling debt for a stake in Kenya Airways will be required to lend the airline an extra Sh18.1 billion at an interest rate of about 6.65 per cent, principally to refurbish aircraft engines.

http://www.businessdaily...33642-md5wrz/index.html

GoK strong arms the banks into yet another rabbit hole.

There are guarantees...don't forget..
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
obiero
#8122 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 12:41:56 PM

actuarywahisa wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Commercial banks that agree to swap their multi-billion shilling debt for a stake in Kenya Airways will be required to lend the airline an extra Sh18.1 billion at an interest rate of about 6.65 per cent, principally to refurbish aircraft engines.

GoK strong arms the banks into yet another rabbit hole.

There are guarantees...don't forget..

Yes. Do not forget
10 days to go

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#8123 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 4:03:07 AM

[quote=Ericsson]Commercial banks that agree to swap their multi-billion shilling debt for a stake in Kenya Airways will be required to lend the airline an extra Sh18.1 billion at an interest rate of about 6.65 per cent, principally to refurbish aircraft engines.

http://www.businessdaily...33642-md5wrz/index.html[/quote]
That's flushing away good money after bad money! Which idiots would borrow KES from the public at a minimum of 7% & then lend to KQ at 6.65%? [Is this in $ or KES?]
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#8124 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 4:05:43 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Sigh, I see all my (investee) banks are on here!
Equity, NIC, DTB and I&M ... At least I am not in KQ.
Even though it hurts, I am sure they can survive the blow of 100% NPLs coz of KQ. Some may havealready NPL'd part of the loans given to KQ.

Your banks are also very weird.. not supporting the good plans by KQ

Well, if KQ can service the loans first per the Loan Agreements, then I am sure my banks would look at lending to KQ.

Those who approved the loans made to KQ should be fired and sued for professional negligence. I am glad Equity has taken a stand. It's a pity that NIC, I&M and DTB are acting like sheep.

@vvs for top tier banks to lend such significant sums shows that there's something about KQ that you don't know. Meanwhile Equity will be bundled into the transaction by votes. Unless they want to reposses a GoK 787.. What options do they really have in auctioning GoK

They realized they screwed up by lending KQ a single penny. That money could be sitting in a T-Bond making 11% tax-free without worrying about NPLs, corrupt deals, defaults, restructuring, etc...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#8125 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 6:55:54 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Even though it hurts, I am sure they can survive the blow of 100% NPLs coz of KQ. Some may havealready NPL'd part of the loans given to KQ.

Well, if KQ can service the loans first per the Loan Agreements, then I am sure my banks would look at lending to KQ.

Those who approved the loans made to KQ should be fired and sued for professional negligence. I am glad Equity has taken a stand. It's a pity that NIC, I&M and DTB are acting like sheep.

@vvs for top tier banks to lend such significant sums shows that there's something about KQ that you don't know. Meanwhile Equity will be bundled into the transaction by votes. Unless they want to reposses a GoK 787.. What options do they really have in auctioning GoK

They realized they screwed up by lending KQ a single penny. That money could be sitting in a T-Bond making 11% tax-free without worrying about NPLs, corrupt deals, defaults, restructuring, etc...

Well at least misery loves company
9 days to go

obiero
#8126 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 6:57:36 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Well at least misery loves company
9 days to go

obiero
#8127 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 7:03:18 AM

Had a nasty nightmare that the 75% voting threshold was not achieved, leading to bankruptcy proceedings.. God forbid it

Gatheuzi
#8128 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 7:07:26 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

That's flushing away good money after bad money! Which idiots would borrow KES from the public at a minimum of 7% & then lend to KQ at 6.65%? [Is this in $ or KES?]

The facility will be in dolars. That is why pricing has been set at libor + 5.34%.

Quote:
Given that the new facility is dollar-denominated, KQ risks seeing its future earnings negatively impacted by foreign exchange losses that have in the past years been troublesome, alongside fuel hedging.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
VituVingiSana
#8129 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 11:33:16 AM

obiero wrote:
Had a nasty nightmare that the 75% voting threshold was not achieved, leading to bankruptcy proceedings.. God forbid it

All concerned shareholders of the "msaliti" banks should write to the CEOs of the banks playing ball to reject the offer!
obiero
#8130 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 2:52:37 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

All concerned shareholders of the "msaliti" banks should write to the CEOs of the banks playing ball to reject the offer!

KQ taking massive hits this week.. Sad turn of events, but luckily the inside scoop has been availed from the exchange bar. KES 8 per share is a near certainty. Expect a reprieve rally on the post-election dates, especially if peace prevails

maka
#8131 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:58:37 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

KQ taking massive hits this week.. Sad turn of events, but luckily the inside scoop has been availed from the exchange bar. KES 8 per share is a near certainty. Expect a reprieve rally on the post-election dates, especially if peace prevails

Yep terrible week...Pilots at it again major disruptions in the offing....
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#8132 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 9:23:03 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Esteemed Members,

RE: SAFETY CONCERNS AND UPDATE ON CBA SIGNING

SAFETY CONCERNS

There has been a rapid increase of near-hits, incidents and ASRs recently. On further query and scrutiny, this trend can be attributed to chronic fatigue due to Pilots not being able to take their scheduled rest (i.e Rostered Days OFF, Post flights Days OFF and Annual leave).

In keeping in line with our motto - 'USALAMA ANGANI', urgently ensure that you observe your planned days off and post flight days off with immediate effect. We have informed KQ Management that all rosters released henceforth should be strictly CBA rosters with respect to 8 days OFF in a 28-day roster and also post flight days OFF. Pilots should not work back to back and duty periods should not exceed 12hrs.
Additionally, kindly take note of Clause 8.3 of the Fleet Agreement in the CBA. We have notified KQ Management to accord Annual Leave to Pilots who have exceeded 850 hours in the last 12 consecutive months.

All KALPA members should strictly comply with these measures as a matter of safety. Any attempts by Crew Scheduling or sections in KQ Management to intimidate, or apply pressure to operate a flight when rest is required should be reported to KALPA.

CBA SIGNING

As mentioned in my last communication to you, I indicated I will make one last push to close the CBA process. My efforts to emphasize to the KQ Leadership on the need to close this matter have been frustrated to say the least. It is highly disappointing and unfortunate that KQ Management has displayed total lack of goodwill to close this matter despite the immense goodwill the Pilot fraternity has shown to KQ.

The KALPA Executive Council will convene in the coming days, and in comprehensive consultation with the Membership, I will advise you on the way forward with regard to this sensitive issue.

For now, kindly heed to the Safety concerns addressed herein and take your rest as you are the first and last line of defence on safety.

God Bless you All and LONG LIVE KALPA.

obiero
#8133 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:51:04 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

These KALPA guys need to be serious. Are they ready to bury KQ? Apparently the 737 incident could be sabotage

Impunity
#8134 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 2:30:02 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

These KALPA guys need to be serious. Are they ready to bury KQ? Apparently the 737 incident could be sabotage

Naaaah
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#8135 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 2:39:56 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Apparently Gichinga already doesnt like Mikosz claims he is arrogant and hard headed...Seems they are ready to bury the airline....11 arrivals cancelled + 7 departures...Crazy
Impunity
#8136 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 6:31:17 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Apparently Gichinga already doesnt like Mikosz claims he is arrogant and hard headed...Seems they are ready to bury the airline....11 arrivals cancelled + 7 departures...Crazy

Final 6 foot nail being hammered in the casket!

Orevua-KQ.
Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#8137 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:13:27 PM

Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Orevua-KQ.
Sad

I'm at the exchange bar as I post this.. James Mwangi has got the dreaded call from the big man. Count the capital restructuring approved..

sparkly
#8138 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:28:11 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Siku ya nyani kufa kila mti uteleza.
Life is short. Live passionately.
maka
#8139 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:47:01 PM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Orevua-KQ.
Sad

I'm at the exchange bar as I post this.. James Mwangi has got the dreaded call from the big man. Count the capital restructuring approved..

Achana na capital restructuring for now...Planes are not flying...If this is not sorted ASAP there might not be a company to restructure.
obiero
#8140 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 9:17:40 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Orevua-KQ.
Sad

Achana na capital restructuring for now...Planes are not flying...If this is not sorted ASAP there might not be a company to restructure.

Io nayo umeenda mbali @maka