772 Pages«<343344345346347>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#6881 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:02:41 PM

More good news http://www.businessdaily...0350-10wun14z/index.html

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ArrestedDev
#6882 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:00:09 AM

[quote=obiero]More good news http://www.businessdaily...350-10wun14z/index.html[/quote]

This was long overdue. It is only after Magufuli leased in less than one year then these moribund managers of KQ and Jambojet woke up.
obiero
#6883 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 11:22:08 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
[quote=obiero]More good news http://www.businessdaily...350-10wun14z/index.html[/quote]

This was long overdue. It is only after Magufuli leased in less than one year then these moribund managers of KQ and Jambojet woke up.

Hehe. Better late than never boss

aemathenge
#6884 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 11:57:14 AM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

Jambojet chief executive Willem Hondius in an interview said that the new aircraft:

is expected (therefore unconfirmed. My emphasis)

by August.

Link:

In that regard, can I (we) make preparations in anticipation of hitches during Valentines and the Easter Holiday rush back to the coast?

Just asking.
HaMaina
#6885 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:20:34 PM

Some slightly old news.

KQ: The biggest heist in Africa

http://thebigissue.co.ke/big-issue-biggest-heist/
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#6886 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 5:57:43 PM

aemathenge wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

Jambojet chief executive Willem Hondius in an interview said that the new aircraft:

by August.

Link:

In that regard, can I (we) make preparations in anticipation of hitches during Valentines and the Easter Holiday rush back to the coast?

Just asking.

Ofcourse there will be delays, but what is the alternative? I would rather eat my curtains than ride on a bus from Kisumu to Mombasa. Meanwhile the lack of volume on the counter since the recent high of KES 7.7 is telling, positively

obiero
#6887 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:02:23 PM

aemathenge wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

by August.

Link:

Just asking.

Ofcourse there will be delays, but what is the alternative? I would rather eat my curtains than ride on a bus from Kisumu to Mombasa. Meanwhile the lack of volume on the counter since the recent high of KES 7.7 is telling, positively

obiero
#6888 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:49:34 PM

Sale of the idle planes is a great gift that has been delivered by Ngunze.. The chap just needed 1 more year to be celebrated as a turnaround genius, but fate could not allow.. We now await the replacement for Mr Hondius, the next KQ CEO

ArrestedDev
#6889 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 12:36:45 AM

obiero wrote:

Sale of the idle planes is a great gift that has been delivered by Ngunze.. The chap just needed 1 more year to be celebrated as a turnaround genius, but fate could not allow.. We now await the replacement for Mr Hondius, the next KQ CEO

The current Jambojet CEO will not be the next KQ CEO. I beg to differ.

The fleet rationalization was ill informed.The worst thing to summarize the entire exercise was to get rid of the 2 B787s. These jets could have even be retained and the older B737-700 phased out.

After Ngunze's exit is when you see the blunders coming out one by one. Look at what Ciano did with the books and procurement in Uchumi, the jury is now out.
obiero
#6890 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:11:24 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

The fleet rationalization was ill informed.The worst thing to summarize the entire exercise was to get rid of the 2 B787s. These jets could have even be retained and the older B737-700 phased out.

After Ngunze's exit is when you see the blunders coming out one by one. Look at what Ciano did with the books and procurement in Uchumi, the jury is now out.

Every common employee thinks they know better than the CEO, so I understand where you are coming from my friend

maka
#6891 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:35:51 AM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

Every common employee thinks they know better than the CEO, so I understand where you are coming from my friend

The B737-700 are the ones going to West Africa they are doing perfectly well...KYM and KYN that were received from KLM were the ones that were phased out...KQ A...KQ B...are leased out to jambo jet...KQ C to KQ H are the work horse (s) of the national carrier....
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#6892 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:12:08 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

The B737-700 are the ones going to West Africa they are doing perfectly well...KYM and KYN that were received from KLM were the ones that were phased out...KQ A...KQ B...are leased out to jambo jet...KQ C to KQ H are the work horse (s) of the national carrier....

Excellent breakdown. The Embraer never rests and the 787 has also faired well. Tuwache emotional analysis please @arresteddev

ArrestedDev
#6893 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:29:03 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

Excellent breakdown. The Embraer never rests and the 787 has also faired well. Tuwache emotional analysis please @arresteddev

The ones with Jambo jet are B737-300 which are very old. I thought it is the 737-800 that goes to Accra as well as Freetown.

Is it not only 2 B737-700s which are remaining and 8+ plus years? These 2 has a higher fuel burn rate and the 2 B787s should have been used to replace these. The B787-800 can handle medium to long haul and provide capacity that is much needed to grow revenue.

The E190s are now KQ's workhorse but it has worked to the detriment of revenue growth. KQ has never reported a profit since these type were inducted in 2012. The perceived benefits has never been realised. It is leading to capacity constraints and lack of cargo belly. During the high season, it cannot handle the demand and leads to overbooking hence inconveniecing customers. The duty free trolleys cannot fit in the aisle leading to loss of revenue that could have otherwise accrued from the sale of duty free items.This was even acknowledged in the annual report.

The biggest loss KQ has suffered from these capacity constraint aircraft type is from Cargo.The technical issues relating to these fleet type has also been spiralling.
obiero
#6894 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 4:43:28 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

The ones with Jambo jet are B737-300 which are very old. I thought it is the 737-800 that goes to Accra as well as Freetown.

Is it not only 2 B737-700s which are remaining and 8+ plus years? These 2 has a higher fuel burn rate and the 2 B787s should have been used to replace these. The B787-800 can handle medium to long haul and provide capacity that is much needed to grow revenue.

The E190s are now KQ's workhorse but it has worked to the detriment of revenue growth. KQ has never reported a profit since these type were inducted in 2012. The perceived benefits has never been realised. It is leading to capacity constraints and lack of cargo belly. During the high season, it cannot handle the demand and leads to overbooking hence inconveniecing customers. The duty free trolleys cannot fit in the aisle leading to loss of revenue that could have otherwise accrued from the sale of duty free items.This was even acknowledged in the annual report.

The biggest loss KQ has suffered from these capacity constraint aircraft type is from Cargo.The technical issues relating to these fleet type has also been spiralling.

This is the only stock for 2017 http://www.businessdaily...3300-dv41knz/index.html

The MJ effect http://www.businessdaily...22590-k4fcrtz/index.html

nzalela
#6895 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:52:41 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

I beg to differ. I also used to think the embraer was a bad purchase until you look at the numbers. KQ only makes money in routes within 2-3 hours of Nairobi. That is where the embraer flies. It has allowed for razor thin margins and lower break even cabin factors allowing for convenience and more options to the customer. i.e 5 flights a day to Dar, 5 to Entebbe, 3 to Addis, 8 -10 to mombasa...etc. This has been a significant factor that has enabled Kq to maintain market share and fend off regional competition. The fact that connecting passengers have flexiblity in timings.

The cargo ofcourse is a pain to deal with but for the most part The embraer has been the saving grace for KQ.
sparkly
#6896 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:36:12 PM

Must watch video-

https://youtu.be/6Oe8T3AvydU
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#6897 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:19:49 PM

sparkly wrote:

Awesome piece

aemathenge
#6898 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:08:57 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Awesome piece

Indeed.

However, a negative right here on The Virtual Republic of Wazua:

Most of the time when I visit this thread, at the top, on the left side and at the bottom, there are adverts about cheap flights from cheapOair, FareCompare, onetraveldotcom.

Right now, I am looking at Nairoberry to Lamu for 260.58 Trump Money.

Nothing from The Pride of Africa Group.

What can we do to counter this?
maka
#6899 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 9:01:45 PM

Turning 40 tomorrow...hush hush...expect random gifts if you are flying or probably an upgrade if you are lucky...sad there is no money for a major celebration.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#6900 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 9:39:20 PM

maka wrote:
Turning 40 tomorrow...hush hush...expect random gifts if you are flying or probably an upgrade if you are lucky...sad there is no money for a major celebration.

@maka this is Corporate espionage.. but thanks for the heads up :)