wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<321322323324325>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Angelica _ann
#6441 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:32:06 PM

Impunity wrote:
littledove wrote:
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000221187/kenya-airways-board-to-announce-ngunze-s-fate-by-next-friday

Former Safaricom Chief Executive Michael Joseph was formally appointed to replace Mr Awori, and is expected to be an executive chairman- albeit informally. But soon as he took over with the endorsement of the main shareholders, there were concerns about his capacity to handle a full-time job given that he is above the regulatory age limit of 70.

Such sweet news will only make our share price hit the roof sooner that later...12.5 bob here I come.
Applause Applause

In red >>>>> What kind of nonsense is that, sure?????????
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
ArrestedDev
#6442 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 1:11:50 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
littledove wrote:
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000221187/kenya-airways-board-to-announce-ngunze-s-fate-by-next-friday

Former Safaricom Chief Executive Michael Joseph was formally appointed to replace Mr Awori, and is expected to be an executive chairman- albeit informally. But soon as he took over with the endorsement of the main shareholders, there were concerns about his capacity to handle a full-time job given that he is above the regulatory age limit of 70.

Such sweet news will only make our share price hit the roof sooner that later...12.5 bob here I come.
Applause Applause

It is true, that's hogwash. If he is fit then there is nothing preventing him from making decisions. The guy has a wealth of management experience. Even if he was to become an executive chair he will manage at all costs.
Impunity
#6443 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 1:16:33 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
littledove wrote:

Applause Applause

What is in RED is the law.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

VituVingiSana
#6444 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 4:44:25 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
littledove wrote:

He won't be an executive chair after all. At 70 and he is fit then nothing can prevent him from executing his mandate if he was to be an executive chair. Management experience is in his finger tips and he can make sound decisions even at that age.

The person am really waiting for to exit is Ngunze.

A fit 70-yr old can do more than a crooked 50-yr old. How old is Warren Buffett?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ArrestedDev
#6445 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 5:15:49 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
littledove wrote:

He won't be an executive chair after all. At 70 and he is fit then nothing can prevent him from executing his mandate if he was to be an executive chair. Management experience is in his finger tips and he can make sound decisions even at that age.

A fit 70-yr old can do more than a crooked 50-yr old. How old is Warren Buffett?

Yeah,People will be surprised by the changes under him.
obiero
#6446 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 5:36:25 PM

1,151,100 traded today with a high of KES 6.80 intra-day.. Interest remains in the volume action that shows ongoing support for the current price. Up 6.5% today
http://www.nellydata.com/capitalfm/livedata.asp

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Angelica _ann
#6447 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 7:47:52 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
littledove wrote:

Exactly, the older one even Kenyan greed and appetite for deals is already gone smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
ARAP CHARLES
#6448 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 7:57:01 AM

Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:
Institutional memory.... that's laughable a cursory run on the financials save for unsustainable one offs is not sustainable tell you that the mistakes are systemic and point at leadership.Worldwide cut off of 100 days stands.If in deed TN was that incompetent & Mbuvi n ilk had no part on it.What has significantly changed two years on.Or what didn't he learn or run to?

Poor corporate governance. Lack of leadership, period. No theories about it anymore. They are both incompetent fellows. Ngunze with his audit background should not have been surprised by the forensic audit findings. The mistakes led to not only systemic but also strategic failures.

Today down to KES 6.10.. We remain inside

pple don't know how to book gains KQ will slide again for those who booked gains to reload meanwhile i can only buy kq settings aside more money incase a rights surfaces but at a price less than 4,i still have shares I have kept for my grand children bought at 46

Guys who sold today (and jana) are those who enetered at 3.45s...they will take they profits may be upto to 5.50bob, then a steady rocky climb will begin which should setlle at 8 bob in a month or two.

Those who sold their stake last week week will surely have themselves to blame. I can see them biting there fingers now. This stock has not yet rallied. I agree this stock will shock many.
Watch and Listen and Live
obiero
#6449 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 9:30:23 AM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:
Institutional memory.... that's laughable a cursory run on the financials save for unsustainable one offs is not sustainable tell you that the mistakes are systemic and point at leadership.Worldwide cut off of 100 days stands.If in deed TN was that incompetent & Mbuvi n ilk had no part on it.What has significantly changed two years on.Or what didn't he learn or run to?

Poor corporate governance. Lack of leadership, period. No theories about it anymore. They are both incompetent fellows. Ngunze with his audit background should not have been surprised by the forensic audit findings. The mistakes led to not only systemic but also strategic failures.

Today down to KES 6.10.. We remain inside

pple don't know how to book gains KQ will slide again for those who booked gains to reload meanwhile i can only buy kq settings aside more money incase a rights surfaces but at a price less than 4,i still have shares I have kept for my grand children bought at 46

Guys who sold today (and jana) are those who enetered at 3.45s...they will take they profits may be upto to 5.50bob, then a steady rocky climb will begin which should setlle at 8 bob in a month or two.

Those who sold their stake last week week will surely have themselves to blame. I can see them biting there fingers now. This stock has not yet rallied. I agree this stock will shock many.

Equilibrium has been achieved and any price below KES 6.0 may not be seen soon

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
murchr
#6450 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 9:51:28 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#6451 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 12:14:33 AM

murchr wrote:

Looks like airline business is a tough one Sad
VituVingiSana
#6452 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 5:07:30 AM

murchr wrote:

Another government owned/controlled firm. I think one of Zuma's girlfriends was the MD/Chairman until Gordhan kicked her out. Please verify coz I could be mistaken.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ngogoyo
#6453 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 10:32:38 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:

Another government owned/controlled firm. I think one of Zuma's girlfriends was the MD/Chairman until Gordhan kicked her out. Please verify coz I could be mistaken.

Their loss position is going down; just like KQ
winmak
#6454 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 1:49:23 PM

There must be something the Emiratis are doing right
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Impunity
#6455 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 3:33:33 PM

winmak wrote:

Yeah, like drilling for oil in one of their company parking lot.
smile
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mibbz
#6456 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 3:57:16 PM

Impunity wrote:
winmak wrote:

smile

6% of Dubai's budget is funded by oil.Just 6%. Rest comes from tourism, financial services, etc.

Yes oil played a role at an earlier stage in their economy but they got their act right before hand. No one steals money for emirates, etihad o Qatar to invest in their own families.

Funny how all these Harvard alumni have really decimated KQ, their certificates should be recalled by their alma mata.

Spikes
#6457 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 4:48:55 PM

I know we have local graduates capable of executing more at management level than Harvard stoogies.First one must have integrity. Two an individual must be properly educated. Three a person who is innovative and creative. But telling us about Harvard is absolute nonsense!

With globalization whatever done at Harvard School of Economics can be covered here locally. At the end of the day the syllabus is the same.

We need a champion who steers strategic change beyond classroom paperwork!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
winmak
#6458 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 7:41:14 PM

Impunity wrote:
winmak wrote:

smile

Here even if we drilled oil hapo JKIA, it'd be stolen and KQ still run down... It's not the resources, it's the mindset
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
maka
#6459 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 7:59:18 PM

winmak wrote:
Impunity wrote:
winmak wrote:

smile

Here even if we drilled oil hapo JKIA, it'd be stolen and KQ still run down... It's not the resources, it's the mindset

KQ wasnt doing badly sometime back thats why the like sof VVS had it...then management changes...uwizi came in...etc
possunt quia posse videntur
sparkly
#6460 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 9:00:54 PM

mibbz wrote:
Impunity wrote:
winmak wrote:

smile

6% of Dubai's budget is funded by oil.Just 6%. Rest comes from tourism, financial services, etc.

Yes oil played a role at an earlier stage in their economy but they got their act right before hand. No one steals money for emirates, etihad o Qatar to invest in their own families.

Funny how all these Harvard alumni have really decimated KQ, their certificates should be recalled by their alma mata.

You are very right @mibbz. The emiratis realized a long time ago that oil is a finite resource and decided to prepare for a world without oil.
Life is short. Live passionately.