wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<320321322323324>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#6421 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:33:56 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:
Institutional memory.... that's laughable a cursory run on the financials save for unsustainable one offs is not sustainable tell you that the mistakes are systemic and point at leadership.Worldwide cut off of 100 days stands.If in deed TN was that incompetent & Mbuvi n ilk had no part on it.What has significantly changed two years on.Or what didn't he learn or run to?

Poor corporate governance. Lack of leadership, period. No theories about it anymore. They are both incompetent fellows. Ngunze with his audit background should not have been surprised by the forensic audit findings. The mistakes led to not only systemic but also strategic failures.

Today down to KES 6.10.. We remain inside

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Impunity
#6422 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 12:28:01 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:
Institutional memory.... that's laughable a cursory run on the financials save for unsustainable one offs is not sustainable tell you that the mistakes are systemic and point at leadership.Worldwide cut off of 100 days stands.If in deed TN was that incompetent & Mbuvi n ilk had no part on it.What has significantly changed two years on.Or what didn't he learn or run to?

Poor corporate governance. Lack of leadership, period. No theories about it anymore. They are both incompetent fellows. Ngunze with his audit background should not have been surprised by the forensic audit findings. The mistakes led to not only systemic but also strategic failures.

Sitoki.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mlennyma
#6423 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 12:37:31 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

pple don't know how to book gains KQ will slide again for those who booked gains to reload meanwhile i can only buy kq settings aside more money incase a rights surfaces but at a price less than 4,i still have shares I have kept for my grand children bought at 46
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
ArrestedDev
#6424 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 12:39:43 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

It is nothing to do with the share price. A possible retention of Ngunze have a long term impact on the share price. His departure is a blessing in disguise.
Impunity
#6425 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 12:46:57 PM

mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

pple don't know how to book gains KQ will slide again for those who booked gains to reload meanwhile i can only buy kq settings aside more money incase a rights surfaces but at a price less than 4,i still have shares I have kept for my grand children bought at 46

Guys who sold today (and jana) are those who enetered at 3.45s...they will take they profits may be upto to 5.50bob, then a steady rocky climb will begin which should setlle at 8 bob in a month or two.

Metch
#6426 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:19:05 PM

Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

Guys who sold today (and jana) are those who enetered at 3.45s...they will take they profits may be upto to 5.50bob, then a steady rocky climb will begin which should setlle at 8 bob in a month or two.

I have a feeling Obiero sold yesterday.(of course he will never admit) Time to see who has been swimming naked? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Start!
obiero
#6427 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:29:16 PM

Metch wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

I have a feeling Obiero sold yesterday.(of course he will never admit) Time to see who has been swimming naked? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Haha. I almost thought about it.. Atleast the part that is on loan, but I opted to wait for the real rally. KQ hasn't rallied yet. Ulcers could get those with weak stomachs.. Today a low of KES 6.05 was sighted representing 11% one day drop.. The turbulence has however subsided to maintain closing price of KES 6.5

Impunity
#6428 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:16:50 PM

obiero wrote:
Metch wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

Haha. I almost thought about it.. Atleast the part that is on loan, but I opted to wait for the real rally. KQ hasn't rallied yet. Ulcers could get those with weak stomachs.. Today a low of KES 6.05 was sighted representing 11% one day drop.. The turbulence has however subsided to maintain closing price of KES 6.5

I hope going forward it will stabilize and perform a gradual daily ups of 2%!

obiero
#6429 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:13:50 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Metch wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

I hope going forward it will stabilize and perform a gradual daily ups of 2%!

Hope is eternal. I love the way media have written the results, focus on the positives http://www.businessdaily...432112-7cjkrc/index.html

VituVingiSana
#6430 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:26:10 PM

Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

I'd bet on this NOT happening but @Obiero (& perhaps his friends) doesn't pay up as we saw. No 8/- within 2 months. Is there a FUNDAMENTAL reason why KQ is even trading at 6/-?

I do not need the excitement of KQ. I am happy with the likes of KenRe which plod away making profits and paying dividends every year since 2012.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#6431 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:29:33 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

I'd bet on this NOT happening but @Obiero (& perhaps his friends) doesn't pay up as we saw. No 8/- within 2 months. Is there a FUNDAMENTAL reason why KQ is even trading at 6/-?

I do not need the excitement of KQ. I am happy with the likes of KenRe which plod away making profits and paying dividends every year since 2012.

I think by now we have all seen the results....we know where the truth lies.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#6432 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:30:06 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

Everything in life has a value. Even your weird comments may add value to someone. The KQ rally in the last 2 months could easily pay off the KENRE dividend over the last 5 years.. In life everyone has a right to their own path to success, some will sell clothes, others will sell their bodies, but I will buy KQ

VituVingiSana
#6433 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:22:05 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

Everything in life has a value. Even your weird comments may add value to someone. The KQ rally in the last 2 months could easily pay off the KENRE dividend over the last 5 years.. In life everyone has a right to their own path to success, some will sell clothes, others will sell their bodies, but I will buy KQ

Some have sold their integrity. And no, the dividends from KenRe over the past 5 years have been higher than the "rally" in KQ's share price since 2 months ago. Feel free to provide data that shows otherwise.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#6434 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:54:44 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

Some have sold their integrity. And no, the dividends from KenRe over the past 5 years have been higher than the "rally" in KQ's share price since 2 months ago. Feel free to provide data that shows otherwise.

7.2-3.3=3.9

ArrestedDev
#6435 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 5:57:05 AM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Jibabe wrote:

I think by now we have all seen the results....we know where the truth lies.

It is nothing worth talking about considering the assets sale proceeds booked. 7+ aircrafts missing in the fleet and only a mere reduction of in the direct operating costs. There is a spike in Finance costs due to the additional loans.

We need a better team to dig into what happened with KQ's cost structure. KES 15b of supplier debt is not easy to repay.
chiaroscuro
#6436 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 9:05:52 AM

If you have 600 bob; would you by 100KQ or 100KENGN?
ArrestedDev
#6437 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 9:53:59 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:
If you have 600 bob; would you by 100KQ or 100KENGN?

It is a NO until Ngunze departs and real turnaround starts. Finance costs addressed as per MJ, etc. No negotiations of interest rates/ SPVs done as we speak. MJ said he will kick-start the process.

Selling of the stake is the last option. Leave alone the stupid pronouncements earlier communicated by Ngunze, eti Ooooh we are talking to a number of interested parties.

Quote:
Kenya Airways needs to extend debt repayments and make other changes to restructure its balance sheet, which would take priority over finding a strategic partner, the new chairman of the loss-making airline told Reuters.

Quote:
Our first priority is to restructure the financing and once we have done that we can start thinking about a strategic investor but it is too early to talk about that at the moment," Joseph said.

Restructuring would aim to secure "longer (credit) terms, changes in interest rates", Joseph said on Wednesday, his official first day in the role after replacing Dennis Awori.

http://www.standardmedia...ructuring-its-financing
littledove
#6438 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:00:28 PM

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000221187/kenya-airways-board-to-announce-ngunze-s-fate-by-next-friday

Former Safaricom Chief Executive Michael Joseph was formally appointed to replace Mr Awori, and is expected to be an executive chairman- albeit informally. But soon as he took over with the endorsement of the main shareholders, there were concerns about his capacity to handle a full-time job given that he is above the regulatory age limit of 70.
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
ArrestedDev
#6439 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:08:41 PM

littledove wrote:
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000221187/kenya-airways-board-to-announce-ngunze-s-fate-by-next-friday

Former Safaricom Chief Executive Michael Joseph was formally appointed to replace Mr Awori, and is expected to be an executive chairman- albeit informally. But soon as he took over with the endorsement of the main shareholders, there were concerns about his capacity to handle a full-time job given that he is above the regulatory age limit of 70.

He won't be an executive chair after all. At 70 and he is fit then nothing can prevent him from executing his mandate if he was to be an executive chair. Management experience is in his finger tips and he can make sound decisions even at that age.

The person am really waiting for to exit is Ngunze.
Impunity
#6440 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 12:23:55 PM

littledove wrote:

Such sweet news will only make our share price hit the roof sooner that later...12.5 bob here I come.
Applause Applause