#6181 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:32:18 AM

Spikes wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
wa P wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/No-bailout-for-KQ-until-executives-exit--Duale-says/539550-3416670-tya3nq/index.html

This useless bugger called Duale.. Meanwhile @spikes promised wazua of a massive drop today but we close at KES 4.55 being close to 4% jump in one day.. The share still trades on low value with fair value starting at KES 8 with ceiling being latest issue price of KES 14.. KES 12 can be used to lighten exposure to the faint of heart

Up 2.2% today to close on a 4month high of KES 4.95.. Tomorrow KES 5 shall be tested.. Patience pays, my money dance has started

We need to ask hard questions:who is exactly buying? Is the rally reliable? Will it end smoothly? or it is another Transcentury trading on high volatility ? Be careful dealing with high beta stocks!

There are only 2 types of people in this world....those silly enough to have KQ shares, and those clever enough not to.

Let's test that hypothesis in 3 months time.

i wonder what has retired rusty old telco has to do with aeronautics. kenyanaism is infectious and i too feel mj has either been cultured or its so cold out there to reincanate in the world of rubanis. tired telcos brain cells are of no use in this many digits world, naikuni would be a better match in my best belatedly heartbreaking opin.
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Sad Sad Sad i too choose to hold my dice. but will kq offer free lifts past midnight, hope mj will not be ready to regret this time round. kenyans have a peculiar habit, do not be caught pants down when the music stops

I compare MJ to Koffi Annan. When Koffi Annan was appointed peace mediator to Syria in the wake of the uprising he withdrew after about a year citing diplomacy at crosshairs with president Assad's brutal regime. Will MJ face a corrupt climate that will force him to resign citing untouchables in management system ? How will he deal with saboteurs?

Thats why Mbuvi and the last of TNs foot soldiers should all leave...If they are still hapo nothing new will happen.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#6182 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:32:26 AM

As keyboard critiques keep typing away, let's see whether the share price will fall today, at day 103.. There comes a time to make money, my time is now. Just like before on HFCK, SBU, BoK, KCB.. Arrogantly I refer to myself as the ultimate insider

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#6183 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 8:31:49 AM

obiero wrote:
As keyboard critiques keep typing away, let's see whether the share price will fall today, at day 103.. There comes a time to make money, my time is now. Just like before on HFCK, SBU, BoK, KCB.. Arrogantly I refer to myself as the ultimate insider

There is a 66.6% chance that KQ will not pay a dividend if your lifetime.
Life is short. Live passionately.
ArrestedDev
#6184 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:03:27 AM

maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
wa P wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/No-bailout-for-KQ-until-executives-exit--Duale-says/539550-3416670-tya3nq/index.html

This useless bugger called Duale.. Meanwhile @spikes promised wazua of a massive drop today but we close at KES 4.55 being close to 4% jump in one day.. The share still trades on low value with fair value starting at KES 8 with ceiling being latest issue price of KES 14.. KES 12 can be used to lighten exposure to the faint of heart

Up 2.2% today to close on a 4month high of KES 4.95.. Tomorrow KES 5 shall be tested.. Patience pays, my money dance has started

We need to ask hard questions:who is exactly buying? Is the rally reliable? Will it end smoothly? or it is another Transcentury trading on high volatility ? Be careful dealing with high beta stocks!

There are only 2 types of people in this world....those silly enough to have KQ shares, and those clever enough not to.

Let's test that hypothesis in 3 months time.

i wonder what has retired rusty old telco has to do with aeronautics. kenyanaism is infectious and i too feel mj has either been cultured or its so cold out there to reincanate in the world of rubanis. tired telcos brain cells are of no use in this many digits world, naikuni would be a better match in my best belatedly heartbreaking opin.
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Sad Sad Sad i too choose to hold my dice. but will kq offer free lifts past midnight, hope mj will not be ready to regret this time round. kenyans have a peculiar habit, do not be caught pants down when the music stops

I compare MJ to Koffi Annan. When Koffi Annan was appointed peace mediator to Syria in the wake of the uprising he withdrew after about a year citing diplomacy at crosshairs with president Assad's brutal regime. Will MJ face a corrupt climate that will force him to resign citing untouchables in management system ? How will he deal with saboteurs?

Thats why Mbuvi and the last of TNs foot soldiers should all leave...If they are still hapo nothing new will happen.

MJ cultivated and nurtured a culture of summarily dismissing fraudsters in Safcom, with the later applied in KQ, I see the light at the end of the tunnel but this heavily depends on who becomes the CEO. Sometimes the executive leadership succeeds to hide ills from the board. He knows exactly what is bleeding KQ to death is bribery and corruption coupled with incompetent individuals mostly at the management level.

Under MJ, I predict doom for Ngunze, his appointees - most of which were Naikuni's deal makers - Musila, Diaz and the rest.
maka
#6185 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:12:50 AM

KQ issue brought up by Alai at the accountability summit...He says Mbvui,Alex Mbugua,Jane Kiboi and any other person mentioned in the KPMG and Deloitte report should be in jail..
Angelica _ann
#6186 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:39:55 AM

Summary dismissal on theft and fraud by employee should not be an organization culture but the norm and standard practice by management and governance organs.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mlennyma
#6187 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:41:31 AM

maka wrote:
KQ issue brought up by Alai at the accountability summit...He says Mbvui,Alex Mbugua,Jane Kiboi and any other person mentioned in the KPMG and Deloitte report should be in jail..

the share movement suggests the ceo exit is healthy
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
maka
#6188 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:59:15 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Summary dismissal on theft and fraud by employee should not be an organization culture but the norm and standard practice by management and governance organs.

very true...Meanwhile day 1

washiku
#6189 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:17:33 AM

Impunity
#6190 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:23:40 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Ouich!!!!!!!!!
Pray
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Spikes
#6191 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:24:45 AM

Oooh State house! State house. Ooh how state house brokered a deal. State brokered a deal with MSC where kes 3.1 billion was pumped. Where is MSC now?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#6192 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:27:28 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Tomorrow is promised to no one not even the president of USA. Like I live for KES 0.35 dividend per YEAR? Soo juvenile that statement.. We invest for the next generation and the bible says that it is better to leave an inheritance.. Why live for a meager dividend?? Capital gains define my investment strategy

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#6193 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:27:33 AM

Spikes wrote:

Oooh State house! State house. Ooh how state house brokered a deal. State brokered a deal with MSC where kes 3.1 billion was pumped. Where is MSC now?

Mere political expediency.
Angelica _ann
#6194 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:30:37 AM

Spikes wrote:
Spikes wrote:

That story is so badly crafted ............ Sad Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
smusyimi
#6195 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:33:57 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Kenyan firms need to automate whatever services they can to reduce labor costs. That's the reality.

I watched a documentary of a US car manufacturing plant, in the US, where they hire "cheaper" labor (vs the old union pay scales) and the plant is highly automated. Some sections are fully automated i.e. robots do all the functions. The "humans" are involved in monitoring what the robots are doing.

One scene was really neat. The entire shell/body of the car is dipped in an anti-corrosive bath, to evenly coat the car's body, by a mechanical arm. The whole process didn't even take 30 secs!

As @murchr said, it will not be long until the need for "flight attendants" is reduced further. LCCs are increasing the use of "ordering" screens for food/drinks so no-one comes by to ask if you want to buy a soda or sandwich. Frankly, do you need a flight attendant to show you how to put on your seatbelt?

The 787s need only 2 pilots vs the 3 (pilots/engineers) that were present in older planes. Apparently, the plane can take off, fly and land using the on-board computer. Disruption is real.

787 pilot requirements depends on the distance to be flown. If long haul then two not enough. Where human beings are being processed such as aviation, the employee factor cannot be ignored.

It's a matter of time before "human staff" are reduced for such functions. Drones are airplanes flown by a combination of computers and humans. As are planes. In 10 years, the "West" will probably have driverless cars. In 25 years, perhaps planes?
Or just one pilot in the plane with another on the ground manning 3-4 planes?

Will there be crashes? Yes. Will computers be blamed? Yes. Have humans ever crashed planes? Yes.

The main function of cabin crew is safety and security and , arming each aircraft door, an extension of the Pilot in Command in the cabin. second is service . so whoever is calling for automation of the job is misinformed.
ArrestedDev
#6196 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:08:05 PM

maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

very true...Meanwhile day 1

First impression, live on the ground to get a feel of the operations.
ArrestedDev
#6197 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:09:39 PM

smusyimi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Kenyan firms need to automate whatever services they can to reduce labor costs. That's the reality.

I watched a documentary of a US car manufacturing plant, in the US, where they hire "cheaper" labor (vs the old union pay scales) and the plant is highly automated. Some sections are fully automated i.e. robots do all the functions. The "humans" are involved in monitoring what the robots are doing.

One scene was really neat. The entire shell/body of the car is dipped in an anti-corrosive bath, to evenly coat the car's body, by a mechanical arm. The whole process didn't even take 30 secs!

As @murchr said, it will not be long until the need for "flight attendants" is reduced further. LCCs are increasing the use of "ordering" screens for food/drinks so no-one comes by to ask if you want to buy a soda or sandwich. Frankly, do you need a flight attendant to show you how to put on your seatbelt?

The 787s need only 2 pilots vs the 3 (pilots/engineers) that were present in older planes. Apparently, the plane can take off, fly and land using the on-board computer. Disruption is real.

787 pilot requirements depends on the distance to be flown. If long haul then two not enough. Where human beings are being processed such as aviation, the employee factor cannot be ignored.

It's a matter of time before "human staff" are reduced for such functions. Drones are airplanes flown by a combination of computers and humans. As are planes. In 10 years, the "West" will probably have driverless cars. In 25 years, perhaps planes?
Or just one pilot in the plane with another on the ground manning 3-4 planes?

Will there be crashes? Yes. Will computers be blamed? Yes. Have humans ever crashed planes? Yes.

The main function of cabin crew is safety and security and , arming each aircraft door, an extension of the Pilot in Command in the cabin. second is service . so whoever is calling for automation of the job is misinformed.

Human factor cannot be ignored as I pointed out earlier.
ArrestedDev
#6198 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:15:44 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Spikes wrote:

That story is so badly crafted ............ Sad Sad Sad

Ofcourse, Nation media is the mouthpiece of the administration. Credit goes to the employees and especially the person who leaked the forensic audit report to the media and the Mckinsey contract and payments summary.They have saved the ordinary individual shareholders though the road to recovery is very long and treacherous as I have always said here.
ArrestedDev
#6199 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:23:00 PM

maka wrote:

It is now public knowledge that these individuals were and are still overseeing mismanagement of the Company. In fact,if we had leaders in Kenya, then Mckinsey contract would have been renegotiated and asked to refund any excess payments made to them so far.
Spikes
#6200 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:28:14 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

It is now public knowledge that these individuals were and are still overseeing mismanagement of the Company. In fact,if we had leaders in Kenya, then Mckinsey contract would have been renegotiated and asked to refund any excess payments made to them so far.

Applause Applause Applause
So far nothing achieved by Mckinsey that an average Kenyan can't do. Mediocre siphoning money out of KQ while management is enjoying kickbacks.