wazua Sun, May 12, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<288289290291292>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Spikes
#5781 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:15:17 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Meanwhile... it is time to wait for banks' 3Q results. [I expect good 3Q but dampened results for 4Q]. Then 1Q 2017 will be the bell-weather. Equity is one bank I have a lot of faith in to adapt (& thrive) to the new order.

Others whose results are expected include Williamson, Kapchorua, etc whose 1/2 year end tomorrow.
KQ too but that's for @Obiero to worry about and for most of us to make fun of.

The rally is truly on.. Media team was asked to remain behind for ego-massage. Awori is good at these things which are the lifeline of all stocks. Without good media relations even Safaricom would be under based on the many scandals that have happened there

Which rally? This stock went under (-5.06%) immediately after the conclusion of AGM. I hope tomorrow you'll pullout safely with serious injuries as for KQ is beneath the rubble of your entry price!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#5782 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:26:52 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Meanwhile... it is time to wait for banks' 3Q results. [I expect good 3Q but dampened results for 4Q]. Then 1Q 2017 will be the bell-weather. Equity is one bank I have a lot of faith in to adapt (& thrive) to the new order.

Others whose results are expected include Williamson, Kapchorua, etc whose 1/2 year end tomorrow.

The rally is truly on.. Media team was asked to remain behind for ego-massage. Awori is good at these things which are the lifeline of all stocks. Without good media relations even Safaricom would be under based on the many scandals that have happened there

Which rally? This stock went under (-5.06%) immediately after the conclusion of AGM. I hope tomorrow you'll pullout safely with serious injuries as for KQ is beneath the rubble of your entry price!

Who is competing against me?? Stocks rise and fall.. Usipande pressure bure. Hizi vitu za dunia twaziacha hapa

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Swenani
#5783 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:19:19 PM

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Spikes
#5784 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:22:45 PM

Double tragedy to KQ as the number of pilots raided by middle east airlines skyrockets amid sleepy AGM that did not unravel the strategy of addressing challenges of this magnitude.

http://www.businessdaily...99660-91oshpz/index.html
VituVingiSana
#5785 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:38:19 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

The pullout method is harder than it looks! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly You want to stay in just a little longer... and then it's too late!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#5786 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:11:13 PM

"...As I sat at the Kigali Airport departure lodge waiting for the delayed Kenya Airways flight" http://www.businessdaily...tem-1-g9ue0p/index.html >>> The new normal.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#5787 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 6:56:18 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
"...As I sat at the Kigali Airport departure lodge waiting for the delayed Kenya Airways flight" http://www.businessdaily...tem-1-g9ue0p/index.html >>> The new normal.

Like now one dreamliner is stuck at Hanoi 3 days now....231 passengers do the math on HOTAC.Crazy....
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#5788 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 7:16:12 AM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Like now one dreamliner is stuck at Hanoi 3 days now....231 passengers do the math on HOTAC.Crazy....

All businesses have challenges

VituVingiSana
#5789 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 8:47:39 AM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Details? Where are the pax?

And then "More than 60 pilots quit national carrier Kenya Airways for greener pastures in rival Middle East airlines in the past year, the company’s management said."
http://www.businessdaily...9660-91oshpz/index.html

As for the "new" investors... Even Ngunze says that's some time away. If it happens.

“We are talking to three or four parties and that is not an exclusive group. We are, however, not at the point of shareholding,” he said.
maka
#5790 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 9:20:24 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

And then "More than 60 pilots quit national carrier Kenya Airways for greener pastures in rival Middle East airlines in the past year, the company’s management said."

As for the "new" investors... Even Ngunze says that's some time away. If it happens.

“We are talking to three or four parties and that is not an exclusive group. We are, however, not at the point of shareholding,” he said.

Some hotel in Hanoi spare part probably being taken today...@Obiero...1 word processes...Yves last year had gotten in touch with an Indian based company called ITG they are the ones who handle KLM disruptions and rebook passengers...as usual the idea was turned down same old same old hakuna pesa bla bla bla...funny thing is the cost of 1/4 of the disruptions would have paid for the services of the Indian firm...now you have staff who would have been doing something else running around sorting the issue...disgruntled passengers...crazy losses due to HOTAC...if theye have to send another plane to sort the guys out...the bags will have to be brought later that's how Hanoi works...expenses...expenses....expenses...disruptions are unforeseeable but how you handle them goes a long way into showing what kind of airline you are...the other interesting thing NO director has taken up the matter shows you the calibre of leadership that is in that company.Yves is sorely missed...il repeat again he should have been made MD...
maka
#5791 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 9:23:27 AM

And on pilots leaving the number will hit 150+ come December so many resignations have checked in...Lets not even talk about engineers.
VituVingiSana
#5792 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 10:01:12 AM

Let me stick with Unga.

FY 2016 EPS of 4.32 [lower than FY 2015 coz no more money/profits from discontinued operations] with a positive outlook for FY 2017.
Positive Equity of 5.7bn [I think it is understated when one considers the potential value of their properties]
And a dividend on 1/- per share.
Ericsson
#5793 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 10:43:34 AM

http://onemileatatime.bo...rom%2BOne+Mile+at+a+Time
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#5794 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 11:12:44 AM

From Kestrel:

Kenya Airways to appoint 2 directors in October 2016
Kenya Airways (KQ) held its annual general meeting yesterday, during which three new Company Directors were up for appointment including Michael Joseph (former Safaricom chief executive), Treasury Principle Secretary Kamau Thugge and Wilson Nyakera (Cabinet Secretary of Ministry of Transport) for two board seats. The Company will announce the two directors who will be appointed in October 2016. The carrier has lost approximately 30 pilots to its Competitors in the Middle East as well as an undisclosed number of engineers over the last year which currently stands at 600 engineers and 460 pilots. Company Chairman mentioned that its turnaround strategy called “Operation Pride” is beginning to generate some positive results. (Source: Business Daily, Kestrel Research)
HaMaina
#5795 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 2:04:50 PM

Could a similar situation happen at KQ? And we wonder why our airline is flowing in the sewer!!!!!!!!

Meet Ethiopian Airlines hostess who returned Sh1m to passenger

http://nairobinews.natio...urned-sh1m-to-passenger/
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Spikes
#5796 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 3:21:21 PM

Today net buyers were sentimental Wanjiku who got a thriller of Michael Joseph's appointment into the board of directors.
ArrestedDev
#5797 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 3:39:14 PM

Spikes wrote:
Today net buyers were sentimental Wanjiku who got a thriller of Michael Joseph's appointment into the board of directors.

The problem is executive management's weaknesses. There are so many blunders which requires executives with very strong aviation experience. I can see this airline collapsing very soon.
ArrestedDev
#5798 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 3:47:23 PM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Some hotel in Hanoi spare part probably being taken today...@Obiero...1 word processes...Yves last year had gotten in touch with an Indian based company called ITG they are the ones who handle KLM disruptions and rebook passengers...as usual the idea was turned down same old same old hakuna pesa bla bla bla...funny thing is the cost of 1/4 of the disruptions would have paid for the services of the Indian firm...now you have staff who would have been doing something else running around sorting the issue...disgruntled passengers...crazy losses due to HOTAC...if theye have to send another plane to sort the guys out...the bags will have to be brought later that's how Hanoi works...expenses...expenses....expenses...disruptions are unforeseeable but how you handle them goes a long way into showing what kind of airline you are...the other interesting thing NO director has taken up the matter shows you the calibre of leadership that is in that company.Yves is sorely missed...il repeat again he should have been made MD...

This will lead to an exodus of customers. No spare aircraft to be dispatched due to the poorly informed shrinking of fleet. The two B787 should NOT have been leased to Oman Air. Ngunze is synonymous with blunders. I can see this airline going down under his watch.He should have been sacked like yesterday as he is a very weak manager.

Ngunze cannot take any idea from smart managers. He is running it as a one man show with his hefty paid consultants.The unthinkable may happen very soon.

ArrestedDev
#5799 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 3:49:29 PM

maka wrote:
And on pilots leaving the number will hit 150+ come December so many resignations have checked in...Lets not even talk about engineers.

The pilots are aware that the continued lack of a strong management with the right skill set will lead to the airline going under.

obiero
#5800 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 5:48:48 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:

The pilots are aware that the continued lack of a strong management with the right skill set will lead to the airline going under.

Up 6% today.. Why isn't the share respecting @vvs wise counsel