Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<287288289290291>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
VituVingiSana
#5761 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:09:32 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Live at the AGM, my heart is beating fast. These goons had better spill the beans

If they spill bad beans bailout while you are there but there are no volumes enough to accommodate your current holding. Accept deep wounds and move on๐Ÿ˜†

Amen brother.. Michael Joseph has offered himself as a director to quicken the turn around
Now that's a good sign. Was it on the agenda?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#5762 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:14:56 PM

Michael Joseph won't make a significant difference.
As director of Vodafone Money and considering his age don't think he will have the energy and time to be fully dedicated in turning around
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#5763 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:18:28 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Live at the AGM, my heart is beating fast. These goons had better spill the beans

If they spill bad beans bailout while you are there but there are no volumes enough to accommodate your current holding. Accept deep wounds and move on๐Ÿ˜†

Amen brother.. Michael Joseph has offered himself as a director to quicken the turn around

No. It was not on the agenda. Last minute introduction as suggested by GOK and willingly accepted by the gentleman

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Angelica _ann
#5764 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:22:29 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

No. It was not on the agenda. Last minute introduction as suggested by GOK and willingly accepted by the gentleman

Will he manage the rot in there plus the eating culture of topbrass. Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Impunity
#5765 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:50:43 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

What kind of Director?

MD or Board?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#5766 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 1:30:37 PM

Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

What kind of Director?

MD or Board?

Board...
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#5767 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 1:32:23 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

Will he manage the rot in there plus the eating culture of topbrass. Sad

Things have been tightened in the last few months on matters stealing...
Impunity
#5768 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 1:34:56 PM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

What kind of Director?

MD or Board?

Board...

Ohhh, is he joining as a board member or as the chairman of Board itself?
It will make impact if he was to join as the chairman!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Metch
#5769 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 1:50:56 PM

Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

What kind of Director?

MD or Board?

Board...

The name Michael Joseph will inspire any stock to a rally.
@Obiero, let me be the first to admit there is a method to your madness

Start!
tandich
#5770 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 1:58:36 PM

More pertinent is how the plan to address the negative equity. Any word on that?
maka
#5771 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:12:07 PM

Metch wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

What kind of Director?

MD or Board?

Board...

The name Michael Joseph will inspire any stock to a rally.
@Obiero, let me be the first to admit there is a method to your madness

Rally to where???when the underlying business is still flawed and as @Tandich has asked negative equity problem hasnt been sorted...Long...long...way to go.
obiero
#5772 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:21:13 PM

tandich wrote:
More pertinent is how the plan to address the negative equity. Any word on that?

On that, the board kept their cards close to chest.. H1 will reveal all.. For those who need to wait until that time, please not that you will have to buy at KES 8 per share in mid November

Spikes
#5773 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:42:30 PM

obiero wrote:
tandich wrote:

On that, the board kept their cards close to chest.. H1 will reveal all.. For those who need to wait until that time, please not that you will have to buy at KES 8 per share in mid November

How???? Logics please?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, โ€œMy Father is always working, and so am I.โ€
ArrestedDev
#5774 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:50:37 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
tandich wrote:

How???? Logics please?

No price rally. @Obiero is busy consoling himself. The turnaround of this airline is very long. The price will hit KES 8 in 5 years from now if all goes well. If Michael Joseph was to be the CEO then it might have been better but just as a board member, no much influence since the executive mgnt is not strong. I hope he addresses the pricing issue. Remember how he pulled a fast one on Kencell (Airtel)? The age does not matter. He is good in corporate strategy and that's what KQ needs but again the influence won't be very strong.

On the negative equity, there is nothing the board kept as a secret. The true position is that there is no way out as of now. Ngunze do not have anything new on the table. He is relying on the consultants to do everything and this is the most undoing that KQ is going through.
jawgey
#5775 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:10:09 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
tandich wrote:

How???? Logics please?

No price rally. @Obiero is busy consoling himself. The turnaround of this airline is very long. The price will hit KES 8 in 5 years from now if all goes well. If Michael Joseph was to be the CEO then it might have been better but just as a board member, no much influence since the executive mgnt is not strong. I hope he addresses the pricing issue. Remember how he pulled a fast one on Kencell (Airtel)?

On the negative equity, there is nothing the board kept as a secret. The true position is that there is no way out as of now. Ngunze do not have anything new on the table. He is relying on the consultants to do everything and this is the most undoing that KQ is going through.

I've never attended such a boring AGM. There were two comics seated at the front row harassing Awori. Nothing new was discussed, just a formality meeting that's all.
Seeing is believing
Spikes
#5776 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:16:50 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000217425/kenya-airways-in-talks-with-3-4-parties-on-stake-sale

Qatar Airways wants to buy out KLM plus a significant stake of GOK, but both parties don't want to loose control of the boardroom

It will not be an easy task to buy out KLM. They are fully in control, veto powers and key executive positions - at least 2 or even more?

What's the value proposition that KQ provides to KLM?
I'm sure they aren't in it for the "Worst Devalued Investment" Award. Think

Curtailing the growth of KQ will see KLM continue to draw revenue from East Africa as well as Southern Africa and even West Africa as it is currently. KLM draws more revenue from East Africa than KQ yet it is the later's hub. KLM continued access to Nairobi with maximum capacity in terms of Cargo and Pax flight will guarantee them maximum benefit as it is now. A less stronger KQ is good for KLM. KLM's investment in KQ is a strategy to curtail it rather than a return on investment.

You speak soo strongly against your employer.. The bible has a few chapters on people like you

This is exactly what is happening. Even the bidders you are talking about here are not after reviving KQ. They are looking for a penetration strategy to the African Market. If Qatar succeed to buy a stake, they will ensure the agreement entails unlimited access to Kenya especially Mombasa which they have been fighting to get.

KLM knows exactly what went wrong with KQ. They are perpetrating the mess in KQ so that they eat the cake. Leave alone the foolish talk by Ngunze.

Well all I know is that GOK has stated an acceptance tag of KES 17 per share.. A price I am willing to settle for

Whatever price, they are buying the landing rights and not interested in reviving KQ.

There in lies my exit strategy. There is something special about to happen to the ordinary shareholders of KQ. There's no other time than now. Money is about to be made by the bucketload

There will be no huge price rally as you expect. It may even tumble to sub 2/=.The situation is very tricky. As it stands now KQ needs further cash injection to continue operating.

6% up as at now

If the outcome of the meeting tomorrow falls short of investor expectation @obiero be prepared for a sharp plunge!

I warned you yesterday and today morning. It is not a secret; a nosedive continues tomorrow!@obiero I told you so!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, โ€œMy Father is always working, and so am I.โ€
VituVingiSana
#5777 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:38:43 PM

obiero wrote:
tandich wrote:

Lakini, @Obiero, didn't you tell us that TODAY is the day that ALL will be revealed?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#5778 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 4:02:24 PM

jawgey wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
tandich wrote:

How???? Logics please?

No price rally. @Obiero is busy consoling himself. The turnaround of this airline is very long. The price will hit KES 8 in 5 years from now if all goes well. If Michael Joseph was to be the CEO then it might have been better but just as a board member, no much influence since the executive mgnt is not strong. I hope he addresses the pricing issue. Remember how he pulled a fast one on Kencell (Airtel)?

I've never attended such a boring AGM. There were two comics seated at the front row harassing Awori. Nothing new was discussed, just a formality meeting that's all.

The two comics were paid hands.. Only captain chege made any meaningful contribution in terms of thought provocation.. I prefer not to speak in such meetings since the company will have its way regardless based on the top shareholders.. It indeed was a let down but hope is eternal @vvs. 2.53million KQ shares traded today.. The volume build up continues

VituVingiSana
#5779 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 4:31:18 PM

Meanwhile... it is time to wait for banks' 3Q results. [I expect good 3Q but dampened results for 4Q]. Then 1Q 2017 will be the bell-weather. Equity is one bank I have a lot of faith in to adapt (& thrive) to the new order.

Others whose results are expected include Williamson, Kapchorua, etc whose 1/2 year end tomorrow.
KQ too but that's for @Obiero to worry about and for most of us to make fun of.
obiero
#5780 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 4:55:33 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Meanwhile... it is time to wait for banks' 3Q results. [I expect good 3Q but dampened results for 4Q]. Then 1Q 2017 will be the bell-weather. Equity is one bank I have a lot of faith in to adapt (& thrive) to the new order.

Others whose results are expected include Williamson, Kapchorua, etc whose 1/2 year end tomorrow.
KQ too but that's for @Obiero to worry about and for most of us to make fun of.

The rally is truly on.. Media team was asked to remain behind for ego-massage. Awori is good at these things which are the lifeline of all stocks. Without good media relations even Safaricom would be under based on the many scandals that have happened there