obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000217425/kenya-airways-in-talks-with-3-4-parties-on-stake-sale

Qatar Airways wants to buy out KLM plus a significant stake of GOK, but both parties don't want to loose control of the boardroom

It will not be an easy task to buy out KLM. They are fully in control, veto powers and key executive positions - at least 2 or even more?

What's the value proposition that KQ provides to KLM?
I'm sure they aren't in it for the "Worst Devalued Investment" Award. Think

Curtailing the growth of KQ will see KLM continue to draw revenue from East Africa as well as Southern Africa and even West Africa as it is currently. KLM draws more revenue from East Africa than KQ yet it is the later's hub. KLM continued access to Nairobi with maximum capacity in terms of Cargo and Pax flight will guarantee them maximum benefit as it is now. A less stronger KQ is good for KLM. KLM's investment in KQ is a strategy to curtail it rather than a return on investment.

You speak soo strongly against your employer.. The bible has a few chapters on people like you

This is exactly what is happening. Even the bidders you are talking about here are not after reviving KQ. They are looking for a penetration strategy to the African Market. If Qatar succeed to buy a stake, they will ensure the agreement entails unlimited access to Kenya especially Mombasa which they have been fighting to get.

KLM knows exactly what went wrong with KQ. They are perpetrating the mess in KQ so that they eat the cake. Leave alone the foolish talk by Ngunze.

Well all I know is that GOK has stated an acceptance tag of KES 17 per share.. A price I am willing to settle for

Whatever price, they are buying the landing rights and not interested in reviving KQ.

There in lies my exit strategy. There is something special about to happen to the ordinary shareholders of KQ. There's no other time than now. Money is about to be made by the bucketload

There will be no huge price rally as you expect. It may even tumble to sub 2/=.The situation is very tricky. As it stands now KQ needs further cash injection to continue operating.

6% up as at now

If the outcome of the meeting tomorrow falls short of investor expectation @obiero be prepared for a sharp plunge!

I will be there to moderate the nerves. KES 2 remains a pipe dream. Even KES 4 may never be seen again

I hope there shall be live tweets immediately as the main business discussion starts.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Spikes
#5742 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:02:03 PM

MSC turnaround aka bailout plus management change slumped, how do you anticipate KQ'a strategy to thrive in a climate of government involvement in businesses of state owned firms?
VituVingiSana
#5743 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:58:16 PM

Seems @Obiero is right. KQ is planning to have a new "strategic" investor. http://qz.com/792740/ken...&utm_source=twitter

The existing shareholders need to be wiped out (& rightly so) just as many of the creditors need to take a haircut on their loans. The question is whether KQ can be revived just as other airlines have BUT what about the BASAs, many of which require a majority ownership by Kenyans of the airline?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
murchr
#5744 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:59:18 PM

BD wrote:
Budget Airline JamboJet, the subsidiary of multibillion loss-making national flag-carrier Kenya Airways (KQ), has posted a Sh126 million profit in its second year of operation underlining increased use of domestic air travel.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#5745 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:18:32 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Seems @Obiero is right. KQ is planning to have a new "strategic" investor. http://qz.com/792740/ken...&utm_source=twitter

The existing shareholders need to be wiped out (& rightly so) just as many of the creditors need to take a haircut on their loans. The question is whether KQ can be revived just as other airlines have BUT what about the BASAs, many of which require a majority ownership by Kenyans of the airline?

Gulamali Ismail, Vijay Shah, DJ, Mike Maina and myself are taking charge.. Last boarding call already issued weeks ago. KQs sale was inevitable and note that we are not selling the assets or anything financial. The goodwill is what's on sale and it is pricey.. Watch the share spike.. it's our time to eat

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#5746 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:21:34 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Gulamali Ismail, Vijay Shah, DJ, Mike Maina and myself are taking charge.. Last boarding call already issued weeks ago. Its our time to eat

This story has been there since 2015...I posted it earlier this year on this thread.Lets wait and see...
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#5747 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:09:08 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Gulamali Ismail, Vijay Shah, DJ, Mike Maina and myself are taking charge.. Last boarding call already issued weeks ago. KQs sale was inevitable and note that we are not selling the assets or anything financial. The goodwill is what's on sale and it is pricey.. Watch the share spike.. it's our time to eat

Less than 10% ownership in total. If KLM and GoK aren't on board then nothing will happen. Good luck.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#5748 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:10:39 PM

murchr wrote:
BD wrote:
Budget Airline JamboJet, the subsidiary of multibillion loss-making national flag-carrier Kenya Airways (KQ), has posted a Sh126 million profit in its second year of operation underlining increased use of domestic air travel.

They should spin-off JJ. I might invest in JJ as a stand-alone entity.
obiero
#5749 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:25:39 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Less than 10% ownership in total. If KLM and GoK aren't on board then nothing will happen. Good luck.

Rotich already told you what will happen.. Its good to watch news, as a man

VituVingiSana
#5750 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:00:18 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Do tell...
obiero
#5751 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:45:11 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Do tell...

GOK will turn up the heat on Air France KLM to offload some significant stake in KQ to the new investor. Esther Koimet has wrapped it all up
at KES 17 per share which shall also be offered to the retail pool ala Access Kenya - Dimension Data
earning me a gross sum of KES 10,472,000 more than enough to clear all my current borrowings.. Hope for the best and pray for me to get this windfall

Spikes
#5752 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:54:28 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Do tell...

GOK will turn up the heat on Air France KLM to offload some significant stake in KQ to the new investor. Esther Koimet has wrapped it all up
at KES 17 per share which shall also be offered to the retail pool ala Access Kenya - Dimension Data

Is it true or you want to rip off newbies capital and disappear from Wazua alongside your signature portfolio for awhile until dust settles?
obiero
#5753 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:02:12 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Do tell...

earning me a gross sum of KES 10,472,000 more than enough to clear all my current borrowings.. Hope for the best and pray for me to get this windfall

@Spikes I may look like a mad man but wazua will tell you that my timing is unquestionable on entry level of stocks. I consider myself a master of bottoms.. Exits are also my forte mainly assisted by the exchange bar.. I sent out an optional boarding call only a few weeks ago, previously I flew kamikaze

obiero
#5754 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:03:48 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Do tell...

@Spikes I may look like a mad man but wazua will tell you that my timing is unquestionable on entry level of stocks. I consider myself a master of bottoms.. Exits are also my forte mainly assisted by the exchange bar.. I sent out an optional boarding call only a few weeks ago, previously I flew kamikaze

obiero
#5755 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:49:03 AM

Live at the AGM, my heart is beating fast. These goons had better spill the beans

Ericsson
#5756 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:07:29 AM

Nothing tangible will come out of the AGM.
No foreign investor will be willing to take over KQ with the debt its holding.
Maybe gava bails out the more than 100bn in debt KQ owes but that will be a huge huge strain on GoK coffers.
It will also be the largest bailout in Africa and as a proportion of the kenyan economy;it's not feasible
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Impunity
#5757 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:23:59 AM

obiero wrote:
Live at the AGM, my heart is beating fast. These goons had better spill the beans

What was served as a refreshment?
d'oh!

I am told this time round it was only drinking water served on some plastic cups, not even a 500ml bottle could be given out!
Pray Pray Pray
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#5758 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:36:16 AM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

What was served as a refreshment?
d'oh!

I am told this time round it was only drinking water served on some plastic cups, not even a 500ml bottle could be given out!
Pray Pray Pray

LOL. I don't check on that.. Just walked past.. Meanwhile Mike Maina has bought 32m more KQ shares to stand as largest individual shareholder

Spikes
#5759 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:39:27 AM

obiero wrote:

If they spill bad beans bailout while you are there but there are no volumes enough to accommodate your current holding. Accept deep wounds and move on😆
obiero
#5760 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:00:32 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

If they spill bad beans bailout while you are there but there are no volumes enough to accommodate your current holding. Accept deep wounds and move on😆

Amen brother.. Michael Joseph has offered himself as a director to quicken the turn around