772 Pages«<285286287288289>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
VituVingiSana
#5721 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 10:02:59 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KQ In talks with several parties on stake sale

What are they selling? Their planes are on lease, EBITDA is negative, 51% must be locally held to enjoy BLTs. This is nonsense.

Qatar has already placed an offer.. The tragedy is to look at this in tunnel vision.. Open up the vista. KQ is a gem to Africa and the world at large. Let us see how things pan out on Thursday

What is Qatar buying?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
muandiwambeu
#5722 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 10:29:43 PM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
majimaji wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
[quote=obiero]

Ooh just to comply.

Days away..
10+ reasons to believe in operation pride atKQ:
1. End of hedging policy
2. Cut off on HOTAC and other operational expenses
3. Rightsizing of the workforce
4. Fuel efficient planes
5. Route optimization especially in Africa
6. Category 1 status at main hub
7. GoK guaranteed debt at reduced pay out
8. Sale of non critical assets
9. Global reduction in fuel costs
10. Revival in KE tourism
11. Budget carrier for booming middle-class
12. Cleaned-up board and management
13. Debt tenor restructure by main bankers. Plus recent rate cap by HE Uhuru
14. Financial revamp by transaction advisers

The only item that matters "increase sales" is missing from the list.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly You mean "increase sales faster than expenses" Applause Applause Applause
After deducting the "profits from sale of assets [land, LHR slot]", I wonder if there is anything left to write home about.

The missed another Item: Declaration of bankruptcy

That one is there (item 8 on the list) only sugar coated with lots of meaningless words including Assets, which are not there!!!!!!!

that's one keen eye. I salute you Lady AA.
if I were a creditor, I would be there with my Antony to serve my papers. I would seat between DJ and the gentleman clad in a blue suit albeit me would be in a scarlet red one n closely fashioned to isis favourite one and Texans ranger stilettos in toe. I would cause a scene close to an excerpt from the movie, desperado aka one man guitar.

LOL. Ua Anthony?? Gay much.. [/quote
I like how u think. you make me loose focus on this noble business's. keep it tight and closesly coded my attorney. anyway urge me not to be in absentia. new kids with swift and style in the block. was not met to last. it was within the briefs. so I got nothing coz ppt r lost of ideas n all there's is to me to be told is to slowdown. happy times but not for enternity. muchar gracious
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
The Great
#5723 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:57:25 AM

http://www.standardmedia...-4-parties-on-stake-sale
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
obiero
#5724 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:21:30 PM

The Great wrote:
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000217425/kenya-airways-in-talks-with-3-4-parties-on-stake-sale

Qatar Airways wants to buy out KLM plus a significant stake of GOK, but both parties don't want to loose control of the boardroom

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ArrestedDev
#5725 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:38:48 PM

obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000217425/kenya-airways-in-talks-with-3-4-parties-on-stake-sale

Qatar Airways wants to buy out KLM plus a significant stake of GOK, but both parties don't want to loose control of the boardroom

It will not be an easy task to buy out KLM. They are fully in control, veto powers and key executive positions - at least 2 or even more?
ProverB
#5726 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:27:00 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

It will not be an easy task to buy out KLM. They are fully in control, veto powers and key executive positions - at least 2 or even more?

What's the value proposition that KQ provides to KLM?
I'm sure they aren't in it for the "Worst Devalued Investment" Award. Think
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version
ArrestedDev
#5727 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:31:46 PM

ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

Curtailing the growth of KQ will see KLM continue to draw revenue from East Africa as well as Southern Africa and even West Africa as it is currently. KLM draws more revenue from East Africa than KQ yet it is the later's hub. KLM continued access to Nairobi with maximum capacity in terms of Cargo and Pax flight will guarantee them maximum benefit as it is now. A less stronger KQ is good for KLM. KLM's investment in KQ is a strategy to curtail it rather than a return on investment.
obiero
#5728 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:44:41 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

Curtailing the growth of KQ will see KLM continue to draw revenue from East Africa as well as Southern Africa and even West Africa as it is currently. KLM draws more revenue from East Africa than KQ yet it is the later's hub. KLM continued access to Nairobi with maximum capacity in terms of Cargo and Pax flight will guarantee them maximum benefit as it is now. A less stronger KQ is good for KLM. KLM's investment in KQ is a strategy to curtail it rather than a return on investment.

You speak soo strongly against your employer.. The bible has a few chapters on people like you

ArrestedDev
#5729 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:54:34 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

You speak soo strongly against your employer.. The bible has a few chapters on people like you

This is exactly what is happening. Even the bidders you are talking about here are not after reviving KQ. They are looking for a penetration strategy to the African Market. If Qatar succeed to buy a stake, they will ensure the agreement entails unlimited access to Kenya especially Mombasa which they have been fighting to get.

KLM knows exactly what went wrong with KQ. They are perpetrating the mess in KQ so that they eat the cake. Leave alone the foolish talk by Ngunze.
obiero
#5730 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:05:11 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

This is exactly what is happening. Even the bidders you are talking about here are not after reviving KQ. They are looking for a penetration strategy to the African Market. If Qatar succeed to buy a stake, they will ensure the agreement entails unlimited access to Kenya especially Mombasa which they have been fighting to get.

KLM knows exactly what went wrong with KQ. They are perpetrating the mess in KQ so that they eat the cake. Leave alone the foolish talk by Ngunze.

Well all I know is that GOK has stated an acceptance tag of KES 17 per share.. A price I am willing to settle for

ArrestedDev
#5731 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:14:52 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

Well all I know is that GOK has stated an acceptance tag of KES 17 per share.. A price I am willing to settle for

Whatever price, they are buying the landing rights and not interested in reviving KQ.
VituVingiSana
#5732 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:21:01 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

Liar Liar Liar 17/-??? Only if the debts are "taken over" by @VVS and other (genuine) taxpayers. That said, your dreams are valid. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Lakini, the bigger question is... Will the Qataris still fund the PR campaign on Wazua?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Matoe
#5733 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:29:11 PM

obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
obiero wrote:
@gatheuzi I see you.. Meanwhile plans are in hot gear to shoot down the agenda for director remuneration. That AGM will be fire

Applause Applause I will watch and confirm if DJ will say the "b" word again this time round.

I shall be right next to the DJ in a light blue Armani suit

I doubt if DJ will be attending the meeting, he'll be engaged somewhere else as Centum will be holding their AGM on the same date.
obiero
#5734 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:01:48 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

Whatever price, they are buying the landing rights and not interested in reviving KQ.

There in lies my exit strategy. There is something special about to happen to the ordinary shareholders of KQ. There's no other time than now. Money is about to be made by the bucketload

ArrestedDev
#5735 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:41:13 AM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

There in lies my exit strategy. There is something special about to happen to the ordinary shareholders of KQ. There's no other time than now. Money is about to be made by the bucketload

There will be no huge price rally as you expect. It may even tumble to sub 2/=.The situation is very tricky. As it stands now KQ needs further cash injection to continue operating.
obiero
#5736 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:51:45 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

There will be no huge price rally as you expect. It may even tumble to sub 2/=.The situation is very tricky. As it stands now KQ needs further cash injection to continue operating.

6% up as at now

maka
#5737 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:57:15 AM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

But its very true...
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#5738 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:19:54 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@maka - Equanimity. Facts speak for themselves. Some folks just want to be jingoistic and find it easier to insult others. Thanks for the info. 450k/month with all the drama! That's amazing.

If we could attract just 225,000 unique (tourism) visitors a month, it would go a long way in boosting our hotel room occupancy rates, internal flights, bus travel, car hire, taxi hire, etc. Furthermore, we need to boost tourism during our "slow" months so the fixed costs are spread over the entire year. This also helps those who have seasonal jobs by "extending" the length of the seasons.

http://www.indexmundi.co...rs/ST.INT.ARVL/rankings
possunt quia posse videntur
Spikes
#5739 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:08:34 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

6% up as at now

If the outcome of the meeting tomorrow falls short of investor expectation @obiero be prepared for a sharp plunge!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#5740 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:48:52 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
ProverB wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:

6% up as at now

If the outcome of the meeting tomorrow falls short of investor expectation @obiero be prepared for a sharp plunge!

I will be there to moderate the nerves. KES 2 remains a pipe dream. Even KES 4 may never be seen again