wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<283284285286287>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#5681 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:42:15 PM

3rd highest gainer at the NSE today.. Last boarding call already issued, even two tyres bursts can't deflate the rally.. @vvs you can comment

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#5682 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:58:58 PM

obiero wrote:
3rd highest gainer at the NSE today.. Last boarding call already issued, even two tyres bursts can't deflate the rally.. @vvs you can comment
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Negative Equity. Loss-making. Pump & Dump.
In the meantime, KenRe is making money. Unga is making money. KK is making money. Even I&M is making money despite Interest Rate Caps.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Impunity
#5683 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:24:03 PM

obiero wrote:

You better use your money to gamble in the numerous Betting platform that has flooded the market!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#5684 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:06:03 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

You better use your money to gamble in the numerous Betting platform that has flooded the market!

Thanks for the information but it seems misguided, KQ will shock people here.. Only 8days to close of a spectacular H1

ARAP CHARLES
#5685 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:07:40 PM

obiero wrote:

obiero interesting stuff.. which metal were you made..i wish I was made with such metal . you are a MAN standing tall no matter the Nature of the waves in the Sea.. I guess even Chris is Holding things so tight with the head hidden in the dust!!
Watch and Listen and Live
obiero
#5686 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:16:13 PM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
obiero wrote:

obiero interesting stuff.. which metal were you made..i wish I was made with such metal . you are a MAN standing tall no matter the Nature of the waves in the Sea.. I guess even Chris is Holding things so tight with the head hidden in the dust!!

@arapcharles this time I shall have my cake and eat it too.. most of the asset sales were not captured in last year's results, including the 2 last plane offloads as well as the landing slot. In the same H1, 5 acres of the KQ Embakasi land was sold to KEMSA and payment received. Multiple MICE occurrence as well as new routing of the slimmed down fleet count have boosted revenue and resultant profit. Net finance costs will also take a tumble in H2 via the banking ammendment act. The very last of Mbugua's oil hedges sunk on the 20th of this month. Expect a bottomline profit in H2. Take off is confirmed

Spikes
#5687 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:36:00 PM

obiero wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
obiero wrote:

@arapcharles this time I shall have my cake and eat it too.. most of the asset sales were not captured in last year's results, including the 2 last plane offloads as well as the landing slot. In the same H1, 5 acres of the KQ Embakasi land was sold to KEMSA and payment received. Multiple MICE occurrence as well as new routing of the slimmed down fleet count have boosted revenue and resultant profit. Net finance costs will also take a tumble in H2 via the banking ammendment act. The very last of Mbugua's oil hedges sunk on the 20th of this month. Expect a bottomline profit in H2. Take off is confirmed

When will H1 results out? We are waiting at the bottom of sub 2bob.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#5688 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:49:04 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
obiero wrote:

When will H1 results out? We are waiting at the bottom of sub 2bob.

karasinga
#5689 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:58:42 PM

Kenya Airways Ltd Ord 5.00 broke above the upside resistance level of 3.43, 2 day(s) ago. This is a bullish sign. This previous resistance level of 3.43 may now provide downside support. Volume on the day of the breakout was quite heavy--94% above average. This makes the breakout even more significant. If you decide to trade Kenya Airways Ltd Ord 5.00, you may want to place a stop loss just below the resistance level, in case the breakout is premature.
baby steps...
It's not over until I win
skype id: karasinga. email: kkarasinga@gmail.com
obiero
#5690 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:46:41 PM

ProverB wrote:

For the year ended 31st March 2010, Kenya Airways Ltd recorded Total revenue of Kshs 70,743,000,000.00, and the company’s
Operating Profit amounted to Kshs 1,839,000,000.00

Operating margin = (Operating Profit /Revenues) x 100.
= (1,839,000,000.00 / 70,743,000,000.00) x 100 = 2.6%

Out of every Kshs1.00 Kenya Airways collected as revenue in the year, it retained only Kshs 0.03, as operating profit after paying for the operational expenses incurred in getting that Kshs 1.00
It is out of that 3Cents that Kenya Airways is to pay out financial costs as well as taxes and the balance retained as profits for share holders.

Should we choose to focus only on the company’s core business operations, Kenya Airways operational performance for the just ended period is rather dismal compared to the previous periodsSad
 For 2010, Kenya Airways had an operating margin of 2.6%
 For 2009, the operating margin was 5.6%
 For 2008, the operating margin was 11.6%
 For 2007, the operating margin was 13.1%
Declining operating margins over time should be a warning sign to any investor. d'oh!

On average, out of every kshs1 in revenues that Kenya Airways collects annually, it has overtime paid more and more in operational costs. It could imply that the company is having difficulty in bringing in revenues considering that it registered slightly declined revenues compared to the previous year, or that the management is facing increasing challenges in improving the company’s Operational Efficiency.
The 54.5% decline in Operating Profits might explain why despite reporting 148% improvement in earnings, the share registered a 8% decline in trading price as soon as results were published.

A lot is learnt by observing Operating profits trend over time, but it should not be the only factor one considers when planning whether or not the Kenya Airways shares are a viable investment.smile

Ceteris paribus.Pray

Kenya Airways operating margin
2016 -3.5
2015 -14.8
2014 -2.2
2013 -9.11
2010 2.6%
2009 5.6%
2008 11.6%
2007 13.1%

VituVingiSana
#5691 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:01:48 PM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

Thanks for the information but it seems misguided, KQ will shock people here.. Only 8days to close of a spectacular H1
Yes, shocking people since 2012.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#5692 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:03:21 PM

obiero wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
obiero wrote:

Ahhh! Thanks for that info. So no point in buying just yet.
All those one-off asset sales and even then a loss for 1H 2016-17?
obiero
#5693 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:14:06 PM

karasinga wrote:
Kenya Airways Ltd Ord 5.00 broke above the upside resistance level of 3.43, 2 day(s) ago. This is a bullish sign. This previous resistance level of 3.43 may now provide downside support. Volume on the day of the breakout was quite heavy--94% above average. This makes the breakout even more significant. If you decide to trade Kenya Airways Ltd Ord 5.00, you may want to place a stop loss just below the resistance level, in case the breakout is premature.
baby steps...

@karasinga that is the truth

obiero
#5694 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:25:49 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
obiero wrote:

Commonsense dictates that upon release of the vastly improved H1, the share will rise by some margin.. Even when dating, hope plays a major role. Faith in the unseen. The time is now

VituVingiSana
#5695 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:42:27 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
obiero wrote:

Commonsense dictates that upon release of the vastly improved H1, the share will rise by some margin.. Even when dating, hope plays a major role. Faith in the unseen. The time is now

Dear @Obiero,

Since I have no more "cash", do you recommend I sell off my consistently profitable & dividend-paying KenRe, Unga, I&M & KenolKobil to buy KQ?

None of my firms give me any freebies despite my efforts at "promoting" them. No complimentary insurance, no free bale of unga, no extra cash at the ATM and no free fuel. Just dividends. Who can eat dividends? Who can fuel a car with dividends?

Sincerely,

VVS
sparkly
#5696 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 5:28:29 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
obiero wrote:

Follow your heart
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#5697 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 7:09:43 AM

@gatheuzi I see you.. Meanwhile plans are in hot gear to shoot down the agenda for director remuneration. That AGM will be fire

Spikes
#5698 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 2:36:36 PM

This rally on @obiero publicizing lies is not sustainable.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
VituVingiSana
#5699 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 2:53:11 PM

Spikes wrote:

@Spikes - You are being manipulated by forces of doom and darkness. KQ is going to fly into the skies and you will be left on the ground watching the KQ soar! The losses keep on being halved. Who needs profits? Who needs positive equity? Who needs dividends when the share price will increase 10x.

Buy KQ shares. Buy KQ shares. buy KQ shares.

*And then @VVS woke up* Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
obiero
#5700 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 5:42:59 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:

@Spikes - You are being manipulated by forces of doom and darkness. KQ is going to fly into the skies and you will be left on the ground watching the KQ soar! The losses keep on being halved. Who needs profits? Who needs positive equity? Who needs dividends when the share price will increase 10x.

Buy KQ shares. Buy KQ shares. buy KQ shares.

*And then @VVS woke up* Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

We are up a further circa 3% to close at a high of KES 4 for the week. Next week shall be the real test of continuity. Friday in particular, the day after AGM; mbivu na mbichi itabainika