wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<273274275276277>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
VituVingiSana
#5481 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 9:36:06 PM

Hersi is a hypocrite. Coastal hotels are over-priced. During the holiday season, they rip us off and yet he berates KQ for "high prices" for last minute bookings.

Kenya's beach tourism is expensive relative to Egypt. When the West Africans wake up to the prospects of beach tourism they could steal our thunder... The flights are much shorter from Europe to West Africa.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#5482 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 9:54:07 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Hersi is a hypocrite. Coastal hotels are over-priced. During the holiday season, they rip us off and yet he berates KQ for "high prices" for last minute bookings.

Kenya's beach tourism is expensive relative to Egypt. When the West Africans wake up to the prospects of beach tourism they could steal our thunder... The flights are much shorter from Europe to West Africa.

Tourism isn't about distance.. Scenery and hospitality trumps all.. That's why Prince William chose us, while he could have done it at the Thames, near Big Ben or inside the London Eye

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ArrestedDev
#5483 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 9:58:12 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

On point, he should have been rubbished on the spot.The whole of North Africa is stealing the show - Tunisia and Morocco too.Many destinations in West Africa are no go zones, e.g. Lagos.
VituVingiSana
#5484 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 10:53:39 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

On point, he should have been rubbished on the spot.The whole of North Africa is stealing the show - Tunisia and Morocco too.Many destinations in West Africa are no go zones, e.g. Lagos.

Jameni! Lagos isn't West Africa. There's so much more to West Africa than Lagos. They (& the Europeans) killed off their wildlife so we are lucky in that respect that we can offer "beach & wildlife" holiday packages.

I have heard very good things about Tunisia. Clean, safe and well-priced.
Egypt's all-inclusive packages for (real) 4-star hotels are amazing. A return flight to Hurghada from London with HB for 1 week = $1,000!
Try to get that at a KE beach hotel with a flight on KQ from Nairobi.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ArrestedDev
#5485 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 11:02:14 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Jameni! Lagos isn't West Africa. There's so much more to West Africa than Lagos. They (& the Europeans) killed off their wildlife so we are lucky in that respect that we can offer "beach & wildlife" holiday packages.

Egypt's all-inclusive packages for (real) 4-star hotels are amazing. A return flight to Hurghada from London with HB for 1 week = $1,000!

Lagos is the mother of conference tourism in West Africa.
obiero
#5486 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 8:44:54 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Tunisia, Egypt?? Who would want to go there at this time.. Some people here seem not to be acquainted with BBC, CNN..

VituVingiSana
#5487 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 10:44:28 AM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Tunisia, Egypt?? Who would want to go there at this time.. Some people here seem not to be acquainted with BBC, CNN..

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I watch Al-Jazeera
Tunisia is quite safe. And clean. And inexpensive vs Kenya. And easier (& cheaper) to get to for European tourists than using KQ.
obiero
#5488 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 11:05:06 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Tunisia is quite safe. And clean. And inexpensive vs Kenya. And easier (& cheaper) to get to for European tourists than using KQ.

Then why not apply for citizenship in Egypt seeing as it's soo clean and nice. Even Zuckerberg is seeing a better side to Kenya than some of the so called Kenyans.. SMH

The Great
#5489 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 11:29:37 AM

Bottom line, we need more tourists and a new approach is called for.
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
VituVingiSana
#5490 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 12:08:05 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Then why not apply for citizenship in Egypt seeing as it's soo clean and nice. Even Zuckerberg is seeing a better side to Kenya than some of the so called Kenyans.. SMH

Tunisia not Egypt. Ethiopia for the babes. Rwanda Pray Pray Pray I will fly the airline that offers me value. And holidays that offer value. 3-4 days in Diani/Kilifi or Eldoret or Kisumu is a-OK. 2 weeks? I start looking elsewhere.
VituVingiSana
#5491 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 12:12:38 PM

The Great wrote:
Bottom line, we need more tourists and a new approach is called for.

Some folks are caught up with defending the indefensible!
The potential for AFRICAN tourists who want to shop, etc is huge but GoK needs to set-up a "duty-free zone" for such tourists. Dubai has done well in this regard. I used to see a A340 parked next to a KQ 737 in Accra. the former was used to ferry in shoppers (& their shopping) who had gone to Dubai from Ghana.
obiero
#5492 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 12:37:20 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Tunisia not Egypt. Ethiopia for the babes. Rwanda Pray Pray Pray I will fly the airline that offers me value. And holidays that offer value. 3-4 days in Diani/Kilifi or Eldoret or Kisumu is a-OK. 2 weeks? I start looking elsewhere.

Guys who come here never leave.. Michael Rannerberger, Michael Joseph, Flavio Balitore.. Multi billionaires call Kenya home. Hio yako ni porojo mbovu. Not many Kenyans have seen this country well and those that have, haven't travelled elsewhere to compare. Kenya is a class apart and even Google at the very basic can prove it

streetwise
#5493 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 1:02:35 PM

Ati Egypt. It it me only who can't stand the smell from dirty streets
ArrestedDev
#5494 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 1:14:58 PM

Poorly calculated fleet reduction exercise was always going to be an issue. It is true one might fall from the sky soon. Less engineers with a lot of workload results in very costly mistakes. Ngunze with his bunch of incompetent managers should go.
Quote:

"Technical managers are sometimes the ones who are being tasked to do checks on aircrafts and they are overstretched. They do maintenance work up to the bare minimum legal standards for a flight to take off and therefore, of course, small technical issues keep cropping up," said a source

http://www.the-star.co.k...ghts_c1413088?page=0%2C0
VituVingiSana
#5495 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 1:51:19 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Guys who come here never leave.. Michael Rannerberger, Michael Joseph, Flavio Balitore.. Multi billionaires call Kenya home. Hio yako ni porojo mbovu. Not many Kenyans have seen this country well and those that have, haven't travelled elsewhere to compare. Kenya is a class apart and even Google at the very basic can prove it

I agree. Folks should fly to Kenya. And they do. On BA, Lufthansa, Emirates, Etihad, RwandaAir, Ethiopian...
VituVingiSana
#5496 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 1:54:33 PM

streetwise wrote:

Kwani? When tourists visit Kenya, do they spend their days in Kibera? [Well, some do but...]

I was referring to beaches and the cost of a Brit spending a week in Nyali vs Hurghada. Who wants to spend time in fetid places in Cairo, Mombasa or Nairobi?
VituVingiSana
#5497 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 1:56:38 PM

[quote=ArrestedDev]Poorly calculated fleet reduction exercise was always going to be an issue. It is true one might fall from the sky soon. Less engineers with a lot of workload results in very costly mistakes. Ngunze with his bunch of incompetent managers should go.
Quote:

"Technical managers are sometimes the ones who are being tasked to do checks on aircrafts and they are overstretched. They do maintenance work up to the bare minimum legal standards for a flight to take off and therefore, of course, small technical issues keep cropping up," said a source

http://www.the-star.co.k...hts_c1413088?page=0%2C0[/quote]
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! Crazy! A journalist (Ramah Nyang) tweeted about his NBO-JNB flight juzi juzi. Delays in departure. Then return to NBO. All in all, the passengers were pissed off.
obiero
#5498 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2016 8:42:49 AM

The Pride of Africa..

obiero
#5499 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2016 11:25:55 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
streetwise wrote:

Kwani? When tourists visit Kenya, do they spend their days in Kibera? [Well, some do but...]

I was referring to beaches and the cost of a Brit spending a week in Nyali vs Hurghada. Who wants to spend time in fetid places in Cairo, Mombasa or Nairobi?

This man/woman named @vvs may not be a Kenyan after all

Spikes
#5500 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2016 11:31:07 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
streetwise wrote:

This man/woman named @vvs may not be a Kenyan after all

Ashindwe Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”