obiero
#5461 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 1:49:18 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
hisah wrote:
Kenya Airways Customer Reviews - SKYTRAX

Mixed feelings reviews are plenty.

The reviews are terrible. KQ's customer service is bad. There is no coordination between HQ and Outstations when there are delays.It seems the managers at the Outstations are sleeping on the job. It will be an uphill task for KQ to win more customers going forward.

Kuna watu wametumwa..

but a big percent of your portfolio is still in banks!
so, what do you expect to be a fair hair cut on obieros portfolio as a result of
kamwanaas house attempt to please Wanjiku. what will be the overall industries' hit in
percentage. my fair guess from my lender's perspective
(16-14.5)/(16*0.5)*100=18.75% conservetively
thieves.
what do you think @obiero. my point is, do the banking margins of safety imply an efficient banking system that will guarantee sustenance of the prevailing adjusted prices. my opinion is the haircuts shall continue. very little room for acrobatics in this sector considering the many available alternatives. chamaas are likely to be legalised salary receiving points and deposit taking. eish!

Temporary insanity of the market.. It should pass, but I was able to secure some COOP today

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ArrestedDev
#5462 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:22:20 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
hisah wrote:

The reviews are terrible. KQ's customer service is bad. There is no coordination between HQ and Outstations when there are delays.It seems the managers at the Outstations are sleeping on the job. It will be an uphill task for KQ to win more customers going forward.

Kuna watu wametumwa..

Kama nani? If the reviews are bad but the ticket prices are affordable then there is no reason to worry. Unfortunately, for KQ it is vice versa. It is not going to be a walk in the park for the turnaround. Ngunze should throw in the towel now.
Impunity
#5463 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:47:58 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
hisah wrote:

Kuna watu wametumwa..

Kama nani? If the reviews are bad but the ticket prices are affordable then there is no reason to worry. Unfortunately, for KQ it is vice versa. It is not going to be a walk in the park for the turnaround. Ngunze should throw in the towel now.

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#5464 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:09:34 PM

The time to start counting cash is nigh http://www.standardmedia...ard-advertising-platform

obiero
#5465 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 6:43:43 AM

Happy new month.. Just 29 days to go

obiero
#5466 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 7:30:06 AM

Signs of life are evident to me.. Gross profit up 42% +KES10.549B YoY and operating loss position up 76% +KES 12.240B YoY
. KQ despite turbulent times remains
a bold and treasured brand, voted as African Airline of The Year, Leading Business Class in Africa 2015, delivering 160 landing/takeoffs with uplift of over 10,000 passengers daily covering 54 global destinations. Operation Pride now at 25% of implementation, has achieved 113 improvement activities effected out of a total of 447 specific initiatives. Overall impact being 32% increase on recurrent annual income. The airline paid down KES 34.7B of its term debts in 2015-2016. Short term debt down to KES 14B from 26.4B in previous FY. The firm also managed to retain cash at hand; up 42% to KES 4.287B, implying resolution on immediate cash constraint issue.

10+ reasons to believe in operation pride atKQ:
1. End of hedging policy
2. Cut off on HOTAC and other operational expenses
3. Rightsizing of the workforce
4. Fuel efficient planes
5. Route optimization
6. Category 1 status at main hub
7. GoK guaranteed debt at reduced pay out
8. Sale of non critical assets
9. Global reduction in fuel costs
10. Revival in KE tourism
11. Budget carrier for booming middle-class
12. Cleaned-up board and management
13. Debt tenor restructure by main bankers
14. Financial revamp by transaction advisers

VituVingiSana
#5467 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 7:59:29 AM

Lufthansa puts bigger plane on Nairobi-Frankfurt route

http://www.businessdaily...64482-e4t69x/index.html

German airline Lufthansa Group will from tonight introduce a larger aircraft as it increases capacity and frequency of flights on the Nairobi-Frankfurt route.

Dubbed Airbus A340-300, with Star Alliance livery, the aircraft will fly four times a week, up from the previous three weekly flights on the narrow-bodied Boeing 737-700, which it replaces.

@Horton @Maka Approximately how many more seats does this mean per week?

The wide-bodied plane gives the airline a competitive edge as it will offer more space for the eight hour plus long haul flights.

Mr Ernst said they will maintain the late night departure from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with an early morning arrival in Frankfurt that is popular with their customers.

Lufthansa’s flights to and from Nairobi will carry its Star Alliance partner United Airline’s code, offering more seamless connections to its US network.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Impunity
#5468 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 10:20:26 AM

obiero wrote:

Did you watch jana how your managers were bursted at Mombasa tourism conference?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#5469 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 10:52:03 AM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

Did you watch jana how your managers were bursted at Mombasa tourism conference?

I did.. Emotions ran high

muandiwambeu
#5470 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 11:25:38 AM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

Biddle less black hole. liability to shareholder. watu wasindanganye weñgine. obiero pumping. tumbling to bob
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
maka
#5471 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 11:32:44 AM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

Musila is one of the most colourless heads KQ has...he just likes whining all the time.Man the talent that has left the company so sad...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#5472 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 11:47:02 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

Biddle less black hole. liability to shareholder. watu wasindanganye weñgine. obiero pumping. tumbling to bob

No need to pump a gem.. This is a personal race to get wealthy. We all can't use the same route. KQ is my route to riches. Let me be.. http://www.businessdaily...364482-e4t69x/index.html

ArrestedDev
#5473 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 12:34:50 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

Musila is one of the most colourless heads KQ has...he just likes whining all the time.Man the talent that has left the company so sad...

He is the most clueless individual. I can also attest to that.He does not deserve that position but seems a friend of the CEO. He keeps sending him to represent KQ, once saw him in KTN at an interview. These are some of guys that KALPA was saying they were appointed by the CEO without following the due process. KQ won't rise with such caliber of managers.
maka
#5474 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 1:40:38 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

He is the most clueless individual. I can also attest to that.He does not deserve that position but seems a friend of the CEO. He keeps sending him to represent KQ, once saw him in KTN at an interview. These are some of guys that KALPA was saying they were appointed by the CEO without following the due process. KQ won't rise with such caliber of managers.

Colourless and clueless...that position was held by Yves previously he streamlined Ground Services properly...
obiero
#5475 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 1:49:09 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

Colourless and clueless...that position was held by Yves previously he streamlined Ground Services properly...

Tribalism maybe??

VituVingiSana
#5476 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 3:03:49 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

Link for this clip/interview?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#5477 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 3:13:08 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjzdNghs9-4

https://www.youtube.com/...com/watch?v=p0zmg2SSDis
ArrestedDev
#5478 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 3:55:32 PM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

His past interview at KTN is as below;

obiero
#5479 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 6:59:00 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

The interview was pretty decent.. I know @maka or @arresteddev may be somewhat biased on this..

ArrestedDev
#5480 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 9:11:46 PM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:

The interview was pretty decent.. I know @maka or @arresteddev may be somewhat biased on this..

No flaws in this KTN interview but the way he handled the situation at Mombasa and his general leadership style.