Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Angelica _ann
#5341 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 11:02:15 PM

gatoho wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
gatoho wrote:
I bought American Airlines at 0.25 while in bankruptcy, panicked and sold at 1.25 after it had fallen from 3, and I thought there was insider info and would wind up. Today. .

Long story short, same reasons that made me buy at .25 is like kuli kuli calling, or its Kuri Kuri my lakeside friends? Rip Omamo for teaching me that

@GATOHO Indeed, time reveals all. I am acutely aware of the challenges facing KQ and though I choose to speak only about the positives, trust me I know KQ has been hurting and the difference between loss and profit plus its impact to the shareholder. Today AA is above USD 32 per share, from USD 0.25 only a few years ago.. My KQ story may seem like a big fat insane joke to some but at the end of the day, I may be the one to laugh last

Yes, KQ should declare bankruptcy too. Stop pouring Taxpayer funds into KQ. It can live or die under bankruptcy.

I would want that to happen too, but you and I know it wont come to pass

A more urgent question, is it kuli kuli or kuri kuri?

Kuri kuri smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#5342 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:28:51 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
gatoho wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
gatoho wrote:
I bought American Airlines at 0.25 while in bankruptcy, panicked and sold at 1.25 after it had fallen from 3, and I thought there was insider info and would wind up. Today. .

Long story short, same reasons that made me buy at .25 is like kuli kuli calling, or its Kuri Kuri my lakeside friends? Rip Omamo for teaching me that

@GATOHO Indeed, time reveals all. I am acutely aware of the challenges facing KQ and though I choose to speak only about the positives, trust me I know KQ has been hurting and the difference between loss and profit plus its impact to the shareholder. Today AA is above USD 32 per share, from USD 0.25 only a few years ago.. My KQ story may seem like a big fat insane joke to some but at the end of the day, I may be the one to laugh last

Yes, KQ should declare bankruptcy too. Stop pouring Taxpayer funds into KQ. It can live or die under bankruptcy.

Kuri kuri smile

And such good news @sparkly @vvs would want us not to mention.. But I will.. http://www.standardmedia...olution-to-manage-routes

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#5343 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:31:11 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
gatoho wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=gatoho]I bought American Airlines at 0.25 while in bankruptcy, panicked and sold at 1.25 after it had fallen from 3, and I thought there was insider info and would wind up. Today. .

Kuri kuri smile

And such good news @sparkly @vvs would want us not to mention.. But I will.. http://www.standardmedia...lution-to-manage-routes[/quote]

This is ordinary news....Nothing here.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#5344 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:43:52 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
gatoho wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=gatoho]I bought American Airlines at 0.25 while in bankruptcy, panicked and sold at 1.25 after it had fallen from 3, and I thought there was insider info and would wind up. Today. .

Kuri kuri smile

And such good news @sparkly @vvs would want us not to mention.. But I will.. http://www.standardmedia...lution-to-manage-routes[/quote]

Surely a prince is never respected at his own home.. See what the world is saying about KQ, last paraghraph.. Kenya Airways is one of the top 3 African airlines http://www.procurementan...online.com/2016/08/sita/

VituVingiSana
#5345 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:02:47 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
gatoho wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Kuri kuri smile

KQ bets on new solution to manage routes
Kwani, KQ wanacheza SportsPesa? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Good luck to KQ.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#5346 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:04:54 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
gatoho wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=obiero][quote=gatoho]I bought American Airlines at 0.25 while in bankruptcy, panicked and sold at 1.25 after it had fallen from 3, and I thought there was insider info and would wind up. Today. .

Kuri kuri smile

Surely a prince is never respected at his own home.. See what the world is saying about KQ, last paraghraph.. Kenya Airways is one of the top 3 African airlines http://www.procurementan...nline.com/2016/08/sita/[/quote]
Kabisa! Top in Africa. Let's not compare KQ to the ME airlines. Or Asian airlines. Lakini, let's stick to comparing KQ to African airlines. Like Moi said, KE is the top economy in East Africa. [And ignored South Korea, Singapore, etc]

Solution: KQ should declare bankruptcy like American, United, etc... Ditch the creditors. And start afresh. And then keep the planes it needs, the routes it needs and the staff it needs.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#5347 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 8:41:08 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
gatoho wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Kuri kuri smile

Nothing special with having a SITA subscription.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#5348 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:26:16 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
@arresteddev I empathise with what is happening at your firm and I understand that its not easy to handle some of the decisions being made. However, I beg to ask just three questions. 1. Was the decision to launch Capetown recently a good one 2. Would operating the Boeing 777 in its current form be cheaper than running the 787 3. Will stopping of the hedging policy impact the H1 results for 2016-2017 in any way

Stop the sideshows and look at the pertinent issues raised by KALPA and all the analysts who have expressed their sentiments on the management performance of KQ. CPT was long overdue and it only materialized when Yves became the COO, Ngunze was in that position and never saw the opportunity. There is serious lack of cargo capacity in KQ now, Dick Murianki while releasing the results on the 21st observed that bigger Cargo bags cannot be shipped by KQ anymore due to the cargo space constraints arising from the operation of lower capacity planes including the B787. The B777 aircrafts can fit into the operations of KQ in the near future instead of disposing at below market prices as opined by KALPA. It is evident that no one in KQ is knowledgeable enough to manage fuel price volatility through hedging. It is only prudent that KQ stop entering into any further hedging contracts taking into consideration the magnitude of the hedging losses so far recorded. Ngunze reported that they have entered into further hedging contracts during the release of the results.

New hedges???? @Obiero hata kama umelipwa kudanganya eti KQ will surprise many wewe kwisha!!!

At the exchange bar nikikata.. Just been informed son to former Tigania East MP Arnold Karauri is none other than Ronald Karauri a former Kenya Airways pilot and past chairman at KALPA, who holds 6% of Sportpesa with an estimated 'personal fortune' of KES 450M.. It's the cartels at KALPA that are feeding the frenzy on Ngunze

Why do you bring in Ronald Karauri into this? He is neither the Secretary General of KALPA nor a pilot with KQ anymore. Leave the brilliant chap to make his money. His stake in Sportpesa should not pain you - where do you think this guy took his million plus salary every month. KQ have entered into new hedges. The below article spells out clearly what Ngunze said at the Pride centre. Even if the earlier expensive hedges ends by March 2017, the new hedges entered into will result in further hedging losses.The sugar coating that you always see in his language is just hogwash. What flexibility is there in a contract that has just been entered? They should not have entered into further hedging contracts. Ngunze is indefensible and should leave.

Quote:
This has been largely due to the flexibility of the new hedging plans we have entered into that have also seen their timelines reduced to between 12 and 24 months,” Mr Ngunze said, adding that the airline is expecting its expensive hedging contracts to end by March next year, allowing it to fully utilise the benefits of the low oil prices.

This article was posted here.

http://www.theeastafrica...tem-1-yuqnnn/index.html

There are no new hedges. What was mentioned in that excerpt is that they have renogiated the previous tenors and brought them down to shorter spans, which is an excellent thing

No!!! Tell that to the birds. Read the excerpt very well. KQ has since entered into new hedging plans with timelines of between 12 and 24 months. None of the old hedges have been renegotiated since the rules does not allow and they are still in effect up to March 2017.

People should learn to be truthful while posting here on wazua.. I called out @arresteddev to site source of alleged new hedges at KQ, now look http://www.businessdaily...47298-mok0kkz/index.html

ArrestedDev
#5349 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 2:47:09 AM

sparkly wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
gatoho wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Kuri kuri smile

Nothing special with having a SITA subscription.

Exactly, the technology has been in existence with other airlines for long. The question for KQ is how much is the contract for this platform worth considering its current financial position. Is it worth implementing it right now?
ArrestedDev
#5350 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 2:51:10 AM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
[quote=obiero]@arresteddev I empathise with what is happening at your firm and I understand that its not easy to handle some of the decisions being made. However, I beg to ask just three questions. 1. Was the decision to launch Capetown recently a good one 2. Would operating the Boeing 777 in its current form be cheaper than running the 787 3. Will stopping of the hedging policy impact the H1 results for 2016-2017 in any way

Stop the sideshows and look at the pertinent issues raised by KALPA and all the analysts who have expressed their sentiments on the management performance of KQ. CPT was long overdue and it only materialized when Yves became the COO, Ngunze was in that position and never saw the opportunity. There is serious lack of cargo capacity in KQ now, Dick Murianki while releasing the results on the 21st observed that bigger Cargo bags cannot be shipped by KQ anymore due to the cargo space constraints arising from the operation of lower capacity planes including the B787. The B777 aircrafts can fit into the operations of KQ in the near future instead of disposing at below market prices as opined by KALPA. It is evident that no one in KQ is knowledgeable enough to manage fuel price volatility through hedging. It is only prudent that KQ stop entering into any further hedging contracts taking into consideration the magnitude of the hedging losses so far recorded. Ngunze reported that they have entered into further hedging contracts during the release of the results.

New hedges???? @Obiero hata kama umelipwa kudanganya eti KQ will surprise many wewe kwisha!!!

At the exchange bar nikikata.. Just been informed son to former Tigania East MP Arnold Karauri is none other than Ronald Karauri a former Kenya Airways pilot and past chairman at KALPA, who holds 6% of Sportpesa with an estimated 'personal fortune' of KES 450M.. It's the cartels at KALPA that are feeding the frenzy on Ngunze

Why do you bring in Ronald Karauri into this? He is neither the Secretary General of KALPA nor a pilot with KQ anymore. Leave the brilliant chap to make his money. His stake in Sportpesa should not pain you - where do you think this guy took his million plus salary every month. KQ have entered into new hedges. The below article spells out clearly what Ngunze said at the Pride centre. Even if the earlier expensive hedges ends by March 2017, the new hedges entered into will result in further hedging losses.The sugar coating that you always see in his language is just hogwash. What flexibility is there in a contract that has just been entered? They should not have entered into further hedging contracts. Ngunze is indefensible and should leave.

Quote:
This has been largely due to the flexibility of the new hedging plans we have entered into that have also seen their timelines reduced to between 12 and 24 months,” Mr Ngunze said, adding that the airline is expecting its expensive hedging contracts to end by March next year, allowing it to fully utilise the benefits of the low oil prices.

This article was posted here.

There are no new hedges. What was mentioned in that excerpt is that they have renogiated the previous tenors and brought them down to shorter spans, which is an excellent thing

No!!! Tell that to the birds. Read the excerpt very well. KQ has since entered into new hedging plans with timelines of between 12 and 24 months. None of the old hedges have been renegotiated since the rules does not allow and they are still in effect up to March 2017.

People should learn to be truthful while posting here on wazua.. I called out @arresteddev to site source of alleged new hedges at KQ, now look http://www.businessdaily...7298-mok0kkz/index.html[/quote]

You are forgeting that those are not my words. Ngunze talked to the reporter during the release of the results. He is now trying to deny when the jury is out there? His incompetence is being exposed. I once told you that how this individual expresses himself speaks volumes of his intelligence.

He is quoted very clearly in the article by the reporter.

“This has been largely due to the flexibility of the new hedging plans we have entered into that have also seen their timelines reduced to between 12 and 24 months,” Mr Ngunze said

Take note of the word 'new' in the above statement.

No amount of double speak will prevent scrutiny. The below is hogwash.

“My position is that we have put on hold new hedging contracts, no contract was entered this year. The existing ones were entered much earlier” he told the Business Daily.

http://www.businessdaily...tem-0-42w3u6/index.html

He is carelessly speaking on a topic which has led to massive bleeding of shareholders funds and he comes around to cleanse himself? This guy should not be holding his current position.

The fact is that KQ entered into new hedging contracts as earlier communicated by the CEO as stated by the reporter. @obiero, please wait for the losses to booked in 2016/2017 and 2017/2018. You cheer and clap for him but the results will shock you.

obiero
#5351 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:44:12 AM

@arresteddev only time will tell whether KQ shall sink further

ArrestedDev
#5352 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:50:16 AM

obiero wrote:

The road to recovery is long and treacherous. A competent management is required going forward. It is evident Ngunze is not the right person. Today he says one thing and tomorrow another thing. Any gains at the operating level will be wiped out by hedging losses and finance costs.
maka
#5353 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:05:28 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

The road to recovery is long and treacherous. A competent management is required going forward. It is evident Ngunze is not the right person. Today he says one thing and tomorrow another thing. Any gains at the operating level will be wiped out by hedging losses and finance costs.

@Obiero what is the average tenor of their loans?How much are they owed?
VituVingiSana
#5354 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:49:28 AM

Meanwhile, Ohana, at KK is doing a-OK. Ohana can even provide for claims against KPRL as GoK dithers. Plus new stations are coming up. Apparently, KK also wins OTS tenders but unlike Segman, Ohana doesn't advertise them.

Ohana doesn't supply shady airlines who can't pay their bills.

And there's an interim dividend and then a final dividend. Yes, it's a few cents but it beats making losses year in, year out.

Life is good.

* As a public service, perhaps KK can second Ohana to KQ after he completes the process of transformation of KK *
obiero
#5355 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:06:15 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

13 local banks have lent to KQ amounts in excess of KES 52 billion shillings. 11 banks, 7 months ago agreed to restructure the tenor from 1-3 years to 7 years. But two refused, leading to average tenor of 4 years

VituVingiSana
#5356 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:49:46 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

13 local banks have lent to KQ amounts in excess of KES 52 billion shillings. 11 banks, 7 months ago agreed to restructure the tenor from 1-3 years to 7 years. But two refused, leading to average tenor of 4 years

Which 2 banks refused? [Smart management]
maka
#5357 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 2:02:31 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

Good what is the average interest rate for the loans?
obiero
#5358 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:24:39 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

Kaburu banks

obiero
#5359 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:26:30 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

Good what is the average interest rate for the loans?

15.5%

VituVingiSana
#5360 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:10:28 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

Kaburu banks

Which banks have lent KQ money?
Please list names and amounts. Asante.
Why did the 2 Kaburu banks refuse?
Have they been paid?

Dear @Bankers @Auditors, I wonder, according to CBK/Opus guidelines, whether the loans to KQ are considered NPLs?