enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
I don't know how Naikuni is doing with his cows but during the 2016 Annual meeting we this insight from Warren and Charlie about ranches:

One of the audience questions from the Berkshire meeting was from a young man whose family owns a cattle ranch. Below is the dialogue of the Q&A:

Rancher: My family runs some cattle ranches down in Flagstaff, Arizona. And that’s kind of what my question pertains to. I am curious on your thoughts as it relates to the expanding global population and investing in cattle and if you think it is wise. Thank you.

Charlie Munger: I think it is one of the worst business I can imagine for somebody like us.

Warren Buffett: There is nothing personal about it.

Charlie Munger: Not only is it a bad business, but we have no aptitude for it.

Warren Buffett: Some people have done well in it.

Charlie Munger: They have one good year every twenty years or something.

Warren Buffett: I know a few people who have done reasonably well in cattle, but they usually own banks on the side or something.

Charlie Munger: Somebody has to occupy the tough niches in the economy. We need you.

All the best to Naikuni.

The board and c suite at KQ is obliterated. Chair Evanson Mwaniki, Board member Nduva Muli, COO Yves Guibert, HR Alban Mwendar, Flight Ops Captain Mwangi, Fleet Rick Sine all resigned, suspended or fired.
Only the mercurial Mbuvi Ngunze remains upright, standing..
Kenyans should know when to stop hounding people out of office. Institutional memory should be treasured

@enyands some offices have rotten leaders but able workers.. I know the gentleman personally and for certain, this is a witch hunt. However for the sake of sanity to the share, he should take a bow

Hello hello is this obiero ? You finally want him to resign ??? Vvs has his answer then ,the reason why you too much into kq is because you know nguze guy personally .all in all thank you for admitting that he has to go.case closed

the guy has weaknesses, in particular his handling of the media is wanting. his lack of acceptance to join social media is a good terrible goof since CEO peers are online

Trump is a poor politician but you are right ,what keeps trump going is he knows how to make media dance to his tune.

Safety director Alex Avedi also out today evening..

They should hire someone who has managed a company outside kenya .the opus kind of person .but should they promote someone from kq ,he will be another nguze.if you don't accept change then the change will change you

The COO job might go to some Dutch guy who was around last week...Van something....

Applause Applause

A dutch guy??? Will he not dance to KLM tune? I hope this Ngunze will be removed like yesterday.
Ericsson
#4502 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:25:13 AM

As mentioned by the CS of Transport;the turnaround has to involve both majority shareholders which in this case in KLM and GoK.
If KLM are to pump in money in the company;they will also want one of their own in the executive positions to "protect" their money.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
ArrestedDev
#4503 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:53:27 PM

Ericsson wrote:
As mentioned by the CS of Transport;the turnaround has to involve both majority shareholders which in this case in KLM and GoK.
If KLM are to pump in money in the company;they will also want one of their own in the executive positions to "protect" their money.

They already have a representative sitting on the board and that should be enough. The CS-Transport was referring to decisions that will be made on the way forward at the board level. The agreement/partnership between KLM & KQ is already skewed in favour of the latter. Someone in charge of networking at the management level is a KLM person - It has been mentioned somewhere? If indeed it is true that Ngunze has picked a dutch national then this confirms the assertions that he does not have the interest of KQ at heart like that of his predecessor. The agreement was changed to favour KLM under Naikuni's tenure.

Quote:
Details have also emerged that KQ’s poor performance is partly attributed to a skewed agreement that the airline signed with KLM. Kenya Airways entered into co-operation agreement with KLM, granting the Dutch airline sweeping powers on the operations of the national carrier. This ranges from the appointment of directors, sale of aircraft, route network and a say in allotment and issue of any shares in the capital of the company. With such clauses in the agreement granting KLM key control, there are concerns that even the proposed restructuring would not go through without the approval of the Dutch airline. The operating pact could also make a mockery of the Government’s plan to bail out the national carrier through fresh capital injection, much less buying KLM out. Articles of the co-operation agreement, whose copy The Standard on Sunday has obtained, hands KLM absolute authority on all the aspects of the company, including approving the sale of any shares held by the Government.

Read more at: http://www.standardmedia...ew-of-skewed-kq-klm-pact
Spikes
#4504 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:08:44 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]As mentioned by the CS of Transport;the turnaround has to involve both majority shareholders which in this case in KLM and GoK.

They already have a representative sitting on the board and that should be enough. The CS-Transport was referring to decisions that will be made on the way forward at the board level. The agreement/partnership between KLM & KQ is already skewed in favour of the latter. Someone in charge of networking at the management level is a KLM person - It has been mentioned somewhere? If indeed it is true that Ngunze has picked a dutch national then this confirms the assertions that he does not have the interest of KQ at heart like that of his predecessor. The agreement was changed to favour KLM under Naikuni's tenure.

Quote:
Details have also emerged that KQ’s poor performance is partly attributed to a skewed agreement that the airline signed with KLM. Kenya Airways entered into co-operation agreement with KLM, granting the Dutch airline sweeping powers on the operations of the national carrier. This ranges from the appointment of directors, sale of aircraft, route network and a say in allotment and issue of any shares in the capital of the company. With such clauses in the agreement granting KLM key control, there are concerns that even the proposed restructuring would not go through without the approval of the Dutch airline. The operating pact could also make a mockery of the Government’s plan to bail out the national carrier through fresh capital injection, much less buying KLM out. Articles of the co-operation agreement, whose copy The Standard on Sunday has obtained, hands KLM absolute authority on all the aspects of the company, including approving the sale of any shares held by the Government.

Read more at: http://www.standardmedia...w-of-skewed-kq-klm-pact[/quote]

Wazungu ndio babayao in shafting! They colonized us and you forget the fact that veto power is on KLM.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#4505 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 3:49:46 PM

Spikes wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]As mentioned by the CS of Transport;the turnaround has to involve both majority shareholders which in this case in KLM and GoK.

Quote:

Wazungu ndio babayao in shafting! They colonized us and you forget the fact that veto power is on KLM.

An article written in February is regurgitated for what purpose?? KQ has way too many enemies.. The sad bit happens to be that stock prices are primarily a factor of one and only one thing, information!!! So long as the CEO keeps burying his bespectacled head in the sand, we shall see no rise in the share price. At such a point in time, he should have called a press conference to unveil the new COO with pomp and ceremony.. Give the media guys some few drinks and they shall write glowing articles of a possible up turn in KQ fortunes. In business, you have to brand appropriately

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Fyatu
#4506 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 4:03:21 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

Quote:

An article written in February is regurgitated for what purpose?? KQ has way too many enemies.. The sad bit happens to be that stock prices are primarily a factor of one and only one thing, information!!! So long as the CEO keeps burying his bespectacled head in the sand, we shall see no rise in the share price. At such a point in time, he should have called a press conference to unveil the new COO with pomp and ceremony.. Give the media guys some few drinks and they shall write glowing articles of a possible up turn in KQ fortunes. In business, you have to brand appropriately

ADSS
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
VituVingiSana
#4507 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:42:13 PM

What does @VVS know about payment systems asked one chap when @VVS asked about funds stuck in Nigeria...

http://www.theeastafrica...6/-/vie1xbz/-/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#4508 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:59:35 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
I don't know how Naikuni is doing with his cows but during the 2016 Annual meeting we this insight from Warren and Charlie about ranches:

One of the audience questions from the Berkshire meeting was from a young man whose family owns a cattle ranch. Below is the dialogue of the Q&A:

Rancher: My family runs some cattle ranches down in Flagstaff, Arizona. And that’s kind of what my question pertains to. I am curious on your thoughts as it relates to the expanding global population and investing in cattle and if you think it is wise. Thank you.

Charlie Munger: I think it is one of the worst business I can imagine for somebody like us.

Warren Buffett: I know a few people who have done reasonably well in cattle, but they usually own banks on the side or something.

Charlie Munger: Somebody has to occupy the tough niches in the economy. We need you.

All the best to Naikuni.

The board and c suite at KQ is obliterated. Chair Evanson Mwaniki, Board member Nduva Muli, COO Yves Guibert, HR Alban Mwendar, Flight Ops Captain Mwangi, Fleet Rick Sine all resigned, suspended or fired.
Kenyans should know when to stop hounding people out of office. Institutional memory should be treasured

@enyands some offices have rotten leaders but able workers.. I know the gentleman personally and for certain, this is a witch hunt. However for the sake of sanity to the share, he should take a bow

Hello hello is this obiero ? You finally want him to resign ??? Vvs has his answer then ,the reason why you too much into kq is because you know nguze guy personally .all in all thank you for admitting that he has to go.case closed

the guy has weaknesses, in particular his handling of the media is wanting. his lack of acceptance to join social media is a good terrible goof since CEO peers are online

Trump is a poor politician but you are right ,what keeps trump going is he knows how to make media dance to his tune.

They should hire someone who has managed a company outside kenya .the opus kind of person .but should they promote someone from kq ,he will be another nguze.if you don't accept change then the change will change you

The COO job might go to some Dutch guy who was around last week...Van something....
ev

Applause Applause

A dutch guy??? Will he not dance to KLM tune? I hope this Ngunze will be removed like yesterday.

Jan de Vegt...mmmmh

http://www.cobaltgs.com/...il.php?management_id=11
possunt quia posse videntur
ArrestedDev
#4509 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 6:50:16 PM

maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

ev

Applause Applause

Jan de Vegt...mmmmh

If that is the case then the interviews purportedly done was just a formality. This a guy who have been recommended by KLM. Ngunze is hell bent on forging ahead with the interests of KLM at the detriment of the aviation sector in Kenya and he hopes that KLM with its veto powers will keep him in the job. I wish someone wakes up and shows this fellow the door.
enyands
#4510 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:27:36 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

ev

Applause Applause

Jan de Vegt...mmmmh

If that is the case then the interviews purportedly done was just a formality. This a guy who have been recommended by KLM. Ngunze is hell bent on forging ahead with the interests of KLM at the detriment of the aviation sector in Kenya and he hopes that KLM with its veto powers will keep him in the job. I wish someone wakes up and shows this fellow the door.

The fact that there is a foreign trained manager or COO there would be a huge change-business culture change,our culture as kenyans ain't good for business leadership . Look at former kplc,former kq,former uchumi, compare with Michael Joseph of safcom ,bob Colymore, opus dei Mei.... good business ethics and effects of corruption should be taught as mandatory course in schools .that's how we will beat this culture of kukula
ArrestedDev
#4511 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:59:58 PM

enyands wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

ev

Applause Applause

Jan de Vegt...mmmmh

The fact that there is a foreign trained manager or COO there would be a huge change-business culture change,our culture as kenyans ain't good for business leadership . Look at former kplc,former kq,former uchumi, compare with Michael Joseph of safcom ,bob Colymore, opus dei Mei.... good business ethics and effects of corruption should be taught as mandatory course in schools .that's how we will beat this culture of kukula

I agree with you to a large extent.My point of contention is that this a current employee of a KLM subsidiary called Cobalt Ground Solutions Ltd and he is likely to advance the interests of KLM in KQ. We need someone who is neutral and can think independently. What KQ requires now is someone with fresh neutral thinking to align the operations with the strategic direction.

What you are talking about is the interference (political or other partisan interests) which is common with former state owned enterprises. How many other successful companies that are managed by Kenyan trained executives? It is not about the training orientation but how much influence from the political elite and other interested parties with ill motives (selfish gains). Who said Michael Joseph & Bob Collymore are good management gurus????
Akenyan2014
#4512 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:41:11 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

ev

Applause Applause

Jan de Vegt...mmmmh

I agree with you to a large extent.My point of contention is that this a current employee of a KLM subsidiary called Cobalt Ground Solutions Ltd and he is likely to advance the interests of KLM in KQ. We need someone who is neutral and can think independently. What KQ requires now is someone with fresh neutral thinking to align the operations with the strategic direction.

What you are talking about is the interference (political or other partisan interests) which is common with former state owned enterprises. How many other successful companies that are managed by Kenyan trained executives? It is not about the training orientation but how much influence from the political elite and other interested parties with ill motives (selfish gains). Who said Michael Joseph & Bob Collymore are good management gurus????

Speak to the hand Me, after I saw the consistent growth in the numbers they delivered.
enyands
#4513 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:55:22 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

ev

Applause Applause

Jan de Vegt...mmmmh

arresteddev if you can read my statements earlier I never mentioned anything like they are good management guru,no i referred to good business "culture" and ethics. once u introduce a good culture in business then maybe good management might followsmile .example -former kq was good in management but because of bad culture of eating the airline went down. another example bob enhanced good culture left by MJ but because of bad culture they started eating up through tenders at greenmonster.
ArrestedDev
#4514 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:22:06 AM

Akenyan2014 wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

ev

Applause Applause

Jan de Vegt...mmmmh

Speak to the hand Me, after I saw the consistent growth in the numbers they delivered.

Growth in profitability is not necessarily attributable to the CEO.
ArrestedDev
#4515 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:25:24 AM

enyands wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

ev

Applause Applause

Jan de Vegt...mmmmh

arresteddev if you can read my statements earlier I never mentioned anything like they are good management guru,no i referred to good business "culture" and ethics. once u introduce a good culture in business then maybe good management might followsmile .example -former kq was good in management but because of bad culture of eating the airline went down. another example bob enhanced good culture left by MJ but because of bad culture they started eating up through tenders at greenmonster.

There is nothing like business ethics in that Company that you are referring to. They are reporting such figures due to entrenched bad business practices.
obiero
#4516 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:12:48 AM

few days to go for drastic improvement on KQ results

Akenyan2014
#4517 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:15:40 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

Applause Applause

You are trying to convince everyone that the supposedly bad 'culture' is entrenched in each and every Kenyan company. I beg to defer with the generalization, but agree the wider DNA supports 'eating'. It is what's taught from Kindergarten through university to 'Nyumba ya wazee'.
I guess this thread attracts so many pessimists who would rather be holding it, how else do they bring in much contribution?
Spikes
#4518 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:30:46 AM

obiero wrote:

@obiero for heaven's sake stop obsession! KQ has long long way to go. You'll be shocked by a deeper tank into the abyss immediately after the announcement of a cooked, reduced loss!!! Wanjinko is wiser these days.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#4519 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:28:35 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

@obiero for heaven's sake stop obsession! KQ has long long way to go. You'll be shocked by a deeper tank into the abyss immediately after the announcement of a cooked, reduced loss!!! Wanjinko is wiser these days.

I am kamikaze on this one.. I frankly do not care what others think, this is my good luck charm. certain beyond doubt that it won't tick lower if operating profit is positive and loss before tax is lower by over 65% year on year

obiero
#4520 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:48:28 PM

Profits (EBT) (KSh m) From 2003 to 2016 descending:
−5,664
−10,826
−4,861