enyands wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
I don't know how Naikuni is doing with his cows but during the 2016 Annual meeting we this insight from Warren and Charlie about ranches:

One of the audience questions from the Berkshire meeting was from a young man whose family owns a cattle ranch. Below is the dialogue of the Q&A:

Rancher: My family runs some cattle ranches down in Flagstaff, Arizona. And that’s kind of what my question pertains to. I am curious on your thoughts as it relates to the expanding global population and investing in cattle and if you think it is wise. Thank you.

Charlie Munger: I think it is one of the worst business I can imagine for somebody like us.

Warren Buffett: There is nothing personal about it.

Charlie Munger: Not only is it a bad business, but we have no aptitude for it.

Warren Buffett: Some people have done well in it.

Charlie Munger: They have one good year every twenty years or something.

Warren Buffett: I know a few people who have done reasonably well in cattle, but they usually own banks on the side or something.

Charlie Munger: Somebody has to occupy the tough niches in the economy. We need you.

All the best to Naikuni.

The board and c suite at KQ is obliterated. Chair Evanson Mwaniki, Board member Nduva Muli, COO Yves Guibert, HR Alban Mwendar, Flight Ops Captain Mwangi, Fleet Rick Sine all resigned, suspended or fired.
Only the mercurial Mbuvi Ngunze remains upright, standing..
Kenyans should know when to stop hounding people out of office. Institutional memory should be treasured

@enyands some offices have rotten leaders but able workers.. I know the gentleman personally and for certain, this is a witch hunt. However for the sake of sanity to the share, he should take a bow

Hello hello is this obiero ? You finally want him to resign ??? Vvs has his answer then ,the reason why you too much into kq is because you know nguze guy personally .all in all thank you for admitting that he has to go.case closed

the guy has weaknesses, in particular his handling of the media is wanting. his lack of acceptance to join social media is a good terrible goof since CEO peers are online

Trump is a poor politician but you are right ,what keeps trump going is he knows how to make media dance to his tune.

politics is not about wealth creation, politics is all about power, power is about money and authority. money is a measure of wealth as a legal trusted tender. Money by itself is not wealth. publicity will make your partying popular to many hungry revellers but won't make u preserve ur meal that much neither make u wealthy.

You missed my point terribly . I meant if nguze could know how to appease the media like DT then he would look to be fairing well even when failing and win public confidence . I didn't bring issue of wealth and media in my comments.sorry rudi ukasome tena.its free of charge

@enyands do you know @mwandiwambeu really.. that guy zones off sometimes.. think it's hard drugs. coz he goes proper from time to time and writes marvellous pieces

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
enyands
#4482 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 10:34:44 PM

obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
I don't know how Naikuni is doing with his cows but during the 2016 Annual meeting we this insight from Warren and Charlie about ranches:

One of the audience questions from the Berkshire meeting was from a young man whose family owns a cattle ranch. Below is the dialogue of the Q&A:

Rancher: My family runs some cattle ranches down in Flagstaff, Arizona. And that’s kind of what my question pertains to. I am curious on your thoughts as it relates to the expanding global population and investing in cattle and if you think it is wise. Thank you.

Charlie Munger: I think it is one of the worst business I can imagine for somebody like us.

Warren Buffett: I know a few people who have done reasonably well in cattle, but they usually own banks on the side or something.

Charlie Munger: Somebody has to occupy the tough niches in the economy. We need you.

All the best to Naikuni.

The board and c suite at KQ is obliterated. Chair Evanson Mwaniki, Board member Nduva Muli, COO Yves Guibert, HR Alban Mwendar, Flight Ops Captain Mwangi, Fleet Rick Sine all resigned, suspended or fired.
Kenyans should know when to stop hounding people out of office. Institutional memory should be treasured

@enyands some offices have rotten leaders but able workers.. I know the gentleman personally and for certain, this is a witch hunt. However for the sake of sanity to the share, he should take a bow

Hello hello is this obiero ? You finally want him to resign ??? Vvs has his answer then ,the reason why you too much into kq is because you know nguze guy personally .all in all thank you for admitting that he has to go.case closed

the guy has weaknesses, in particular his handling of the media is wanting. his lack of acceptance to join social media is a good terrible goof since CEO peers are online

Trump is a poor politician but you are right ,what keeps trump going is he knows how to make media dance to his tune.

politics is not about wealth creation, politics is all about power, power is about money and authority. money is a measure of wealth as a legal trusted tender. Money by itself is not wealth. publicity will make your partying popular to many hungry revellers but won't make u preserve ur meal that much neither make u wealthy.

You missed my point terribly . I meant if nguze could know how to appease the media like DT then he would look to be fairing well even when failing and win public confidence . I didn't bring issue of wealth and media in my comments.sorry rudi ukasome tena.its free of charge

@enyands do you know @mwandiwambeu really.. that guy zones off sometimes.. think it's hard drugs. coz he goes proper from time to time and writes marvellous pieces

For a minute I questioned my intelligence but thanks for showing me my intelligence is ok
obiero
#4483 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 6:21:15 PM

anxious about the full year result.. can't wait

muandiwambeu
#4484 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 7:30:09 PM

enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

For a minute I questioned my intelligence but thanks for showing me my intelligence is ok

do not @enyands. A populist Ceo will enjoy media limelight and ride it , so is a fatcat. but there is nothing left to talk about apart from how many more skeletons in the other crochets. this stock is worth prayers not media. baptism by fire is what it deserves every Wednesday. unataka nguze aite press conference to blow his trumpet touting his openly thieving cronies? or to gape up with a hungrey mouth. probaly nt til he has made recoveries and sent a few behind bars. that's how high the bar is
@obiero about stuff, I do caffeine only, but am considering alternatives with these kind of events unfolding.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Spikes
#4485 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 7:56:02 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

do not @enyands. A populist Ceo will enjoy media limelight and ride it , so is a fatcat. but there is nothing left to talk about apart from how many more skeletons in the other crochets. this stock is worth prayers not media. baptism by fire is what it deserves every Wednesday. unataka nguze aite press conference to blow his trumpet touting his openly thieving cronies? or to gape up with a hungrey mouth. probaly nt til he has made recoveries and sent a few behind bars. that's how high the bar is
@obiero about stuff, I do caffeine only, but am considering alternatives with these kind of events unfolding.

'...I only do caffeine...' You make me feel like laugh. Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
muandiwambeu
#4486 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:18:41 PM

obiero wrote:
anxious about the full year result.. can't wait

,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
enyands
#4487 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 7:24:28 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

He should have started calling the media immediately he became CEO and lay blame on Naikuni guy.dancing with the media right now is too late .too late
Impunity
#4488 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 12:35:23 PM

enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Spikes
#4489 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 12:41:45 PM

Impunity wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

@obiero you have denied your buddy Nguze 3times now the cockerel has confirmed the prophecy by crowing loudest. Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Thiong'o
#4490 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 3:21:24 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]Does KQ make a profit in Nigeria?
Can KQ repatriate its profits (or even revenue) from Nigeria?

http://businessnews.com....y-exit-nigerian-routes/[/quote]
@vvs you must learn how booking for KQ is done before we get a hard on over a different airline exiting Nigeria

O Great @Obiero - Please tell us how The Great KQ is a master of bookings & e-payments.

http://www.theeastafrica.../-/i6evr6z/-/index.html

http://www.the-star.co.k...in-fraud-probe_c1357167

*Please fill up at KenolKobil. We need the profits to show record profits. KQ & Uchumi to pay cash. Thank You. Come Again*

the link shows theft that has been discovered. a very different matter from the Nigerian issues.tusipinge @obiero for the sake of it

Blocked Sh2.5bn in Africa worsens cash flow at KQ

http://www.businessdaily.../-/lng55qz/-/index.html

"The national carrier, known as KQ by its international code, says the funds locked in countries such as Nigeria, South Sudan, Angola and Mozambique, have greatly worsened its cash flow situation."

"Venezuela and Nigeria account for the biggest proportion of these funds.

Venezuela has over 16 months chalked up $3.8 billion (Sh383.8 billion) in money it owes airlines while Nigeria is holding onto $591 million (Sh59.7 billion) since November."

"Mr Ngunze said while countries like Nigeria and South Sudan are under intense financial strain, this bad scenario could get worse if airlines pull out."

and now Africa’s most important currency loses 27% in a single day
http://www.businessinsid...ment-removes-peg-2016-6
lochaz-index
#4491 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 3:56:54 PM

Thiong'o wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

@vvs you must learn how booking for KQ is done before we get a hard on over a different airline exiting Nigeria

O Great @Obiero - Please tell us how The Great KQ is a master of bookings & e-payments.

*Please fill up at KenolKobil. We need the profits to show record profits. KQ & Uchumi to pay cash. Thank You. Come Again*

the link shows theft that has been discovered. a very different matter from the Nigerian issues.tusipinge @obiero for the sake of it

"The national carrier, known as KQ by its international code, says the funds locked in countries such as Nigeria, South Sudan, Angola and Mozambique, have greatly worsened its cash flow situation."

Venezuela has over 16 months chalked up $3.8 billion (Sh383.8 billion) in money it owes airlines while Nigeria is holding onto $591 million (Sh59.7 billion) since November."

"Mr Ngunze said while countries like Nigeria and South Sudan are under intense financial strain, this bad scenario could get worse if airlines pull out."

Expected. And more of the same is on the way till there is parity between the official rate and the black/street value.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Impunity
#4492 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 4:30:54 PM

Thiong'o wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#4493 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 8:30:42 PM

enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

Safety director Alex Avedi also out today evening..

enyands
#4494 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 8:46:54 PM

obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

They should hire someone who has managed a company outside kenya .the opus kind of person .but should they promote someone from kq ,he will be another nguze.if you don't accept change then the change will change you
maka
#4495 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:42:56 AM

enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

They should hire someone who has managed a company outside kenya .the opus kind of person .but should they promote someone from kq ,he will be another nguze.if you don't accept change then the change will change you

The COO job might go to some Dutch guy who was around last week...Van something....
possunt quia posse videntur
enyands
#4496 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:32:01 AM

maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

All the best to Naikuni.

The COO job might go to some Dutch guy who was around last week...Van something....

Applause Applause
hisah
#4497 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 4:53:17 AM

Almost hitting 4500 posts! The most discussed stock, but with nothing to show! Indeed we're very peculiar!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
enyands
#4498 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:12:46 AM

hisah wrote:
Almost hitting 4500 posts! The most discussed stock, but with nothing to show! Indeed we're very peculiar!

Main contributor is obiero
obiero
#4499 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:22:15 AM

enyands wrote:
hisah wrote:

Main contributor is obiero

hahaha. u mean I have written 4,500 posts while my own counter is far from that.. tuwache uchochezi

VituVingiSana
#4500 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:45:18 AM

Let me post #4500 just coz I deserve to! Laughing out loudly Applause Laughing out loudly Applause I think I may have the most contributions on this thread. I was once a die-hard KQ supporter turned ferocious critic when I realized that everyone but the shareholders made money off KQ.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett