wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<205206207208209>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Impunity
#4121 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 6:05:19 PM

hisah wrote:
Prints a new all time low of 3.85. The fight is tough, but slowly the 4.00 handle is cracking. On the charts (daily and weekly) the RSI is still not oversold! The price will likely leak towards 3.00 to 3.50 before the overselling gauges start screaming. The bears have been in full control since March 2015 as per the moving average (SMA20) which has managed to repel any price advances above it.

#TEAM SUB-2 BOB ARE WAITING HAPA CHINI.

Drool Drool Drool Drool
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Spikes
#4122 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 6:20:26 PM

Impunity wrote:
hisah wrote:
Prints a new all time low of 3.85. The fight is tough, but slowly the 4.00 handle is cracking. On the charts (daily and weekly) the RSI is still not oversold! The price will likely leak towards 3.00 to 3.50 before the overselling gauges start screaming. The bears have been in full control since March 2015 as per the moving average (SMA20) which has managed to repel any price advances above it.

Drool Drool Drool Drool

Laughing out loudly #TEAM MAFISI.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Impunity
#4123 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 7:03:08 PM

Spikes wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hisah wrote:

Drool Drool Drool Drool

Laughing out loudly #TEAM MAFISI.

We will wipe it clean to the bones.

VituVingiSana
#4124 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:30:48 PM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Obiero - You are in luck. Kestrel has 1mn KQ shares for sale at 4.30 but negotiable.

@obiero sub 4/- is likely today.

This is the week of sub-4...then by Madaraka day, my sub-2 bob will be realized.
Anybody buying this stock is either a FOOL or someone trying to wash the Eurobond.

And a fool and his money are soon parted...hizo 106,000 KQ shares worth Kes.400,000 on paper will soon be parted with their foolish (forgive me for using this term) owner.

Atleast your mum doesnt think of me in that way

@Obiero - Play nice.
When does KQ release results?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mlennyma
#4125 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:58:29 PM

I know KQ will make obiero rich,the only dispute is the timelines
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
CheckYourSix
#4126 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 10:21:20 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Obiero - You are in luck. Kestrel has 1mn KQ shares for sale at 4.30 but negotiable.

This is the week of sub-4...then by Madaraka day, my sub-2 bob will be realized.
Anybody buying this stock is either a FOOL or someone trying to wash the Eurobond.

And a fool and his money are soon parted...hizo 106,000 KQ shares worth Kes.400,000 on paper will soon be parted with their foolish (forgive me for using this term) owner.

KQ Year end Mar 2016. I expect another operational loss. A narrower loss may be expected thanks to asset sales.

Williamson Year End Mar 2016. I expect record profits perhaps even EPS of 50/-. A dividend of 40/-.

@Obiero - How many shares in KQ does Mbuvi have?

@Impunity - Why would you even consider buying KQ at 2/-?

Why would Williamson Tea expect record profits?

Tea prices are on an all time low. Data from the IMF shows that tea prices have dropped 29 per cent from $3.87 a kg in August 2015 to $2.87 a kg in February 2016 on rising supply.

This stock seems to be a solid buy at 175/= but I am wondering whether I should expect it to shed a little more value before I purchase it.

There also the issue of their land lease expiring which may not be renewed hence a big blow to them. See, http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/a1yo9oz/-/index.html

Even if they did record high profits, might they not be quite stingy with their dividends unlike before amidst all of this?

Otherwise, the stock seems like a good buy due to good leadership, expected price increases due to predicted forthcoming drought hence high demand. The Lipton tea brand still remains a strong seller and the company has cut costs by introduction of tea plucking machines
obiero
#4127 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 10:24:16 PM

mlennyma wrote:

People watch a stock like KENRE rise from 14 to 20 an d they get an erection! KQ KQ dips a couple of shillings and some expect @obiero to slip into depression.. Haha... I have made outsized gains at the NSE where patience matters

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#4128 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 11:05:43 PM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

People watch a stock like KENRE rise from 14 to 20 an d they get an erection! KQ KQ dips a couple of shillings and some expect @obiero to slip into depression.. Haha... I have made outsized gains at the NSE where patience matters

I don't see an erection for you anytime soon Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
UpcomingPaperChaser
#4129 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 11:48:25 PM

Impunity wrote:
nzalela wrote:
obiero wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Opinion-and-Analysis/KQ-pilots-had-better-go-for-lesser-devil-of-redeployment/-/539548/3196710/-/item/1/-/odo1kq/-/index.html

It is actually KQ that does not want to let go of the 777 pilots. Mainly 2 reasons.

1. They do not have funds to pay them off now. Some of those pilots have worked 30 years and will need send of package of approximately 20 million. For the total number of 28 Captains that is approximately 560 million bob.

2. The Turkish sublease agreement for the (3) 777-300 and the Oman Air (3)787 is for 3 years after which KQ may get the aircrafts back. That means they may need those captains 3 years down the road. With the current high experience pilot shortage globally they have to be smart or they may end up like Emirates currently grounding aircrafts coz of nil pilots.

So they cant retrench them coz they will need them at some point and they also cant maintain them on payroll coz of the costs. That is why the Ethiopian deal makes sense. Most of the pilots however want to resign get their money and go home but it is difficult seeing that KQ has blocked voluntary early retirement to all staff. There is where the conflict lies.

That 20 Million is the employer part of the provident?
So the other personal contribution is more or less 20 million.
So each of the affected pilots could easily take home 40 million?
Then why would a 55 year old pilot need to work again in the dangerous skies?
at 55 he can seat pretty and invest the money in any passive business and still live a fairly comfortable life.

Neither would i agree........with 10 more years of productivity, it would mean 12 million per year times 10 remaining years plus more savings..........
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
Impunity
#4130 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 8:41:23 AM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nzalela wrote:
obiero wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Opinion-and-Analysis/KQ-pilots-had-better-go-for-lesser-devil-of-redeployment/-/539548/3196710/-/item/1/-/odo1kq/-/index.html

It is actually KQ that does not want to let go of the 777 pilots. Mainly 2 reasons.

1. They do not have funds to pay them off now. Some of those pilots have worked 30 years and will need send of package of approximately 20 million. For the total number of 28 Captains that is approximately 560 million bob.

2. The Turkish sublease agreement for the (3) 777-300 and the Oman Air (3)787 is for 3 years after which KQ may get the aircrafts back. That means they may need those captains 3 years down the road. With the current high experience pilot shortage globally they have to be smart or they may end up like Emirates currently grounding aircrafts coz of nil pilots.

So they cant retrench them coz they will need them at some point and they also cant maintain them on payroll coz of the costs. That is why the Ethiopian deal makes sense. Most of the pilots however want to resign get their money and go home but it is difficult seeing that KQ has blocked voluntary early retirement to all staff. There is where the conflict lies.

at 55 he can seat pretty and invest the money in any passive business and still live a fairly comfortable life.

Neither would i agree........with 10 more years of productivity, it would mean 12 million per year times 10 remaining years plus more savings..........

I can easily get 20 million per year from the 40 million lumpsum...what about with free time to think and invest!
But most of them have expensive gachungwas at home and abroad so that 4o million could easily get washed away in a year...they are safer when employed and also givn the fact that most of them are form 4 graduates.

maka
#4131 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:05:24 AM

Impunity wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nzalela wrote:
obiero wrote:

I can easily get 20 million per year from the 40 million lumpsum...what about with free time to think and invest!
But most of them have expensive gachungwas at home and abroad so that 4o million could easily get washed away in a year...they are safer when employed and also givn the fact that most of them are form 4 graduates.

ON point kabisa...that explains why a pilot earning 700k plus would go to wanandege for a salary advance month after month....
possunt quia posse videntur
Impunity
#4132 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:32:10 AM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nzalela wrote:
obiero wrote:

ON point kabisa...that explains why a pilot earning 700k plus would go to wanandege for a salary advance month after month....

I am told those guys take home nets of KES. 700K but have nothing left 20 days after the pay day.
While a graduate clerk taking home net of KES. 90K still have 40K remaining at the end of the month.

VituVingiSana
#4133 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:49:39 AM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

KenRe: 14 to 21 = +50% [And expected to increase in future years]
KQ: 6 to 4 = -33% [Going towards 3/-]

This is not about erections but making money to afford to sort out the erections.

It's a pity that KQ is being bailed out at Taxpayer expense. Even the Afdb loan is guaranteed by GoK aka taxpayers.

KQ needs to go into bankruptcy/receivership. Fire the pilots, keep those KQ (IR) needs. The same with other staff. The same with assets.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
nzalela
#4134 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:07:17 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=mlennyma]I know KQ will make obiero rich,the only dispute is the timelines

KenRe: 14 to 21 = +50% [And expected to increase in future years]
KQ: 6 to 4 = -33% [Going towards 3/-]

This is not about erections but making money to afford to sort out the erections.

It's a pity that KQ is being bailed out at Taxpayer expense. Even the Afdb loan is guaranteed by GoK aka taxpayers.

KQ needs to go into bankruptcy/receivership. Fire the pilots, keep those KQ (IR) needs. The same with other staff. The same with assets.

[/Tom Murphy had the best approach. He never hired a person they didn’t need, and therefore they never had layoffs. The idea that you give up your staff . . . because business has slowed down: If you don’t need them now then you didn’t need them in the first place.” —Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#4135 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:11:21 AM

CheckYourSix wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KQ Year end Mar 2016. I expect another operational loss. A narrower loss may be expected thanks to asset sales.

Williamson Year End Mar 2016. I expect record profits perhaps even EPS of 50/-. A dividend of 40/-.

Tea prices are on an all time low. Data from the IMF shows that tea prices have dropped 29 per cent from $3.87 a kg in August 2015 to $2.87 a kg in February 2016 on rising supply.

This stock seems to be a solid buy at 175/= but I am wondering whether I should expect it to shed a little more value before I purchase it.

There also the issue of their land lease expiring which may not be renewed hence a big blow to them. See, http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/a1yo9oz/-/index.html

Even if they did record high profits, might they not be quite stingy with their dividends unlike before amidst all of this?

Otherwise, the stock seems like a good buy due to good leadership, expected price increases due to predicted forthcoming drought hence high demand. The Lipton tea brand still remains a strong seller and the company has cut costs by introduction of tea plucking machines

Let's just wait for the results for FY ending Mar 2016.
Impunity
#4136 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:26:23 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
CheckYourSix wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Hii utangoja mpaka 30-Jun-2016...gthey will have to push it to the wire.

VituVingiSana
#4137 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:24:56 PM

Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
CheckYourSix wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Hii utangoja mpaka 30-Jun-2016...gthey will have to push it to the wire.

BTW, Williamson has split 1:1 so I should halve the number I had earlier for the EPS to 25/- (from 50) and dividend to 20/- (from 40).

I think they will announce around mid-June like they did last year.
UpcomingPaperChaser
#4138 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:03:34 AM

Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nzalela wrote:
obiero wrote:

I am told those guys take home nets of KES. 700K but have nothing left 20 days after the pay day.
While a graduate clerk taking home net of KES. 90K still have 40K remaining at the end of the month.

Waat!!! 700k then after 3 weeks they are on advance? where do they get the time and energy for side dishes?but i think for them to have side dishes is so easy coz its very easy to lie wife that you are traveling to Stockholm for 4 days kumbe jamaa ako off ako Garden Estate na mpango wa kando!! but i dont blame them, with 700k, you can comfortably finance your family and tow side families without sweating!!!!
UpcomingPaperChaser
#4139 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:05:13 AM

Impunity wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nzalela wrote:
obiero wrote:

Very very true..........most of them are semi-illiterate with just a CPE or KCSE certificate......
Impunity
#4140 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:40:42 AM

Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nzalela wrote:
obiero wrote:

Waat!!! 700k then after 3 weeks they are on advance? where do they get the time and energy for side dishes?but i think for them to have side dishes is so easy coz its very easy to lie wife that you are traveling to Stockholm for 4 days kumbe jamaa ako off ako Garden Estate na mpango wa kando!! but i dont blame them, with 700k, you can comfortably finance your family and tow side families without sweating!!!!

Remember 700K net if for the middle aged pilots, the older ones aged over 55 can easily take home nets of up to 1.2 Million.
They too are bila chums 20 days later.