wazua Mon, May 13, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<203204205206207>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Impunity
#4081 Posted : Saturday, May 07, 2016 3:23:58 PM

Horton wrote:
@impunity. Its fun to hear/read what the general population have to say about my career. Also funny to hear how a good population think we just sit, read newspapers and get paid alot of money for nothing 😂 My flight school used to have a slogan, "the best safety device is a well trained pilot" remember pilots are there especially when things go wrong. Flying isnt for everyone. Not everyone has a knack for it.

Half knowledge is dangerous. Having flown both heavy jet & piston, with over 10,000hours experience, I can authoritatively say that your sentiments are not true. Jet flying is 4 times, if not more, quicker, therefore decisions have to be made that mich quicker and these come in fast and furious as you constantly monitor soo many critical systems. There are more critical systems to monitor on a jet chances on a piston is that the most critical is just your engine- where if it fails, u just glide to the nearest field .....Cant do that on a heavy. Autopilots are very critical in safe operation of jets their operation has to be mastered and well understood or they can lead to undesirable state of the aircraft if not used properly, they have been installed to let pilots do other important things like think and have to be directed what to do, its not that we just punch it on and we go to sleep. From what I can tell, your info is coming from Wilson pilots who have only flown piston and have this common misconception that jet flying is "easy" ......until they cross over and struggle to mentally stay at the same pace as these fast moving airplanes and a number dont hack it and are sent back to GA. Most piston flights are conducted under VFR where u only fly when the weather is pretty close to CAVOK, whereas that CAT 3 landing u referred to, they have to get into an airport with poor weather- visibility and not generally used all the time as u purported. If u are truly interested on flying and wanna have a 1 on 1, email me.

I cannot email you coz you dont know my proffesion.

Some wazuans say I hit metals, others say I chomelea chuma...but thats what they say.

Eti autopilot flies the jet while your work is to monitor critical system for 8 hour flight, just in any case one of them fails.Fantasy.

How many heavy jet pilots have been caugh napping in the cabin vis a vis light piston props?

If you know your car wil change gear automatically while in cruise, then you will have time to sip some drinks...you cannot do that with a manual gear transmission and stil drive safely.

By the way the critical system you are monitoring will always give you visual and aural warnings (and sometimes shaker)...so its not like you look at the screen and gauges 24/7 and tega sikio to hear if the engine stalls...tell those stories to Home Science graduates please.

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#4082 Posted : Sunday, May 08, 2016 6:13:45 PM

Long live Mbuvi Ngunze. . http://www.businessdaily...74/-/ockawh/-/index.html

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Impunity
#4083 Posted : Sunday, May 08, 2016 9:29:22 PM

obiero wrote:

Sad

UpcomingPaperChaser
#4084 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 1:38:31 AM

Impunity wrote:
Horton wrote:
@impunity. Its fun to hear/read what the general population have to say about my career. Also funny to hear how a good population think we just sit, read newspapers and get paid alot of money for nothing 😂 My flight school used to have a slogan, "the best safety device is a well trained pilot" remember pilots are there especially when things go wrong. Flying isnt for everyone. Not everyone has a knack for it.

Half knowledge is dangerous. Having flown both heavy jet & piston, with over 10,000hours experience, I can authoritatively say that your sentiments are not true. Jet flying is 4 times, if not more, quicker, therefore decisions have to be made that mich quicker and these come in fast and furious as you constantly monitor soo many critical systems. There are more critical systems to monitor on a jet chances on a piston is that the most critical is just your engine- where if it fails, u just glide to the nearest field .....Cant do that on a heavy. Autopilots are very critical in safe operation of jets their operation has to be mastered and well understood or they can lead to undesirable state of the aircraft if not used properly, they have been installed to let pilots do other important things like think and have to be directed what to do, its not that we just punch it on and we go to sleep. From what I can tell, your info is coming from Wilson pilots who have only flown piston and have this common misconception that jet flying is "easy" ......until they cross over and struggle to mentally stay at the same pace as these fast moving airplanes and a number dont hack it and are sent back to GA. Most piston flights are conducted under VFR where u only fly when the weather is pretty close to CAVOK, whereas that CAT 3 landing u referred to, they have to get into an airport with poor weather- visibility and not generally used all the time as u purported. If u are truly interested on flying and wanna have a 1 on 1, email me.

Some wazuans say I hit metals, others say I chomelea chuma...but thats what they say.

Eti autopilot flies the jet while your work is to monitor critical system for 8 hour flight, just in any case one of them fails.Fantasy.

How many heavy jet pilots have been caugh napping in the cabin vis a vis light piston props?

If you know your car wil change gear automatically while in cruise, then you will have time to sip some drinks...you cannot do that with a manual gear transmission and stil drive safely.

By the way the critical system you are monitoring will always give you visual and aural warnings (and sometimes shaker)...so its not like you look at the screen and gauges 24/7 and tega sikio to hear if the engine stalls...tell those stories to Home Science graduates please.

Monitoring is easy, these guys sleep a lot, after all the monitoring is so easy since you have all the data within your closest reach!
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
Impunity
#4085 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 8:56:31 AM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Horton wrote:

Monitoring is easy, these guys sleep a lot, after all the monitoring is so easy since you have all the data within your closest reach!

They dont even even need to watch "the critical" system with their eyes open, they can keep their damn eyes pretty closed and wait for aural warnings for any malfunction.

Horton
#4086 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 9:27:37 AM

Haha thats from people who "know everything about everything". The so called wazua experts@impunity So u reckon we sleep and wake up when we hear aural sounds?hahaha
some of these "arguments" are so ridiculous, people who have never been on a flightdeck of anything tell us tales like these. Lets stick to what we know and not "speculate"

maka
#4087 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 10:18:04 AM

I think working for kq is the worst experience right now....I pity the staff.
possunt quia posse videntur
KulaRaha
#4088 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 10:44:39 AM

maka wrote:

If you go back far enough, you'll see all the complaints about KQ staff being rude, unfriendly, unwilling to serve, nasty, aloof etc. They even wore badges saying "I Smile" coz they were such an ungrateful bunch. That was when stock price was between 30 and 60.

Karma is best served cold.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
maka
#4089 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 10:54:11 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
maka wrote:

If you go back far enough, you'll see all the complaints about KQ staff being rude, unfriendly, unwilling to serve, nasty, aloof etc. They even wore badges saying "I Smile" coz they were such an ungrateful bunch. That was when stock price was between 30 and 60.

Karma is best served cold.

smile Heeeh pole kwao...That place is a shithole.
possunt quia posse videntur
Impunity
#4090 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 11:16:05 AM

How is it shithole now?
Sad

I think they have been spared the rod and hence the place should now be smelling like a dinner lounge?

Swenani
#4091 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 11:32:11 AM

30 commercial and cargo operational licenses have been issued for both local and international flights by KCAA
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Impunity
#4092 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 12:53:10 PM

Swenani wrote:
30 commercial and cargo operational licenses have been issued for both local and international flights by KCAA

Applause Applause Applause

VituVingiSana
#4093 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 1:50:53 PM

I haven't been attacked by @cde for ages... Is he OK? #SuicideWatch

*Please fill up at KenolKobil. KQ to pay cash. Thank you. Come Again.*
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
nzalela
#4094 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 3:47:45 PM

[quote=Horton]Haha thats from people who "know everything about everything". The so called wazua experts@impunity So u reckon we sleep and wake up when we hear aural sounds?hahaha
some of these "arguments" are so ridiculous, people who have never been on a flightdeck of anything tell us tales like these. Lets stick to what we know and not "speculate"

Forgive them @Horton ignorance is bliss. It is not easy to sit on the controls of any airliner. Global failure rates for those training to qualify are high. At KQ itself failure rate is at 40%. For every 10 new pilots only 6 make it to the end. They should sit in the cockpit in a moonless night flying over the Congo with thunderstorm squal lines lighting up the whole airspace they see if the Autopilot will navigate around them or if the pilots will be asleep at the time.
VituVingiSana
#4095 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 4:10:15 PM

nzalela wrote:
[quote=Horton]Haha thats from people who "know everything about everything". The so called wazua experts@impunity So u reckon we sleep and wake up when we hear aural sounds?hahaha

Forgive them @Horton ignorance is bliss. It is not easy to sit on the controls of any airliner. Global failure rates for those training to qualify are high. At KQ itself failure rate is at 40%. For every 10 new pilots only 6 make it to the end. They should sit in the cockpit in a moonless night flying over the Congo with thunderstorm squal lines lighting up the whole airspace they see if the Autopilot will navigate around them or if the pilots will be asleep at the time.

What was the cause of the Douala crash?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Impunity
#4096 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 4:25:13 PM

nzalela wrote:

Why would an experienced pilot flying a modern jetliner fly direct into thunderstorm over the Congo forest given that the onboard weather radar can see weather patterns 500km away with a whole 45 minutes for the pilot to change flight path to avoid the storm?

To me that would qualify to be a lazy pilot. A failure to be particular.

So you want us to get more bliss by sitting in the "terrifying" cockpit over the Congo forest in a moonless night?

Hahahahaha.

Even if the airliner should dive deeply due to unforseen storm, the the pilot should sit pretty with both hands off the controls and let the airliner correct itselt to the set altitude and flight path.

Should the autopilot disengage due to excessive thunderstorm you simply request to change the course, climb higher and press the damn autopilot button to engage once again.

Infact 95% of the flight time you dont even need to touch the control column, you just change the course by rotating than miniature knob, just like tuning the '80s pocket transitor radio.

By the way a matatu driver on the Mombasa road between Celtel and JKIA overpass is more worked up than you, seated pretty in that modern airliner kokopit.

Impunity
#4097 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 4:27:08 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
nzalela wrote:

Combination of events.

Swenani
#4098 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 5:00:16 PM

Impunity wrote:
nzalela wrote:

Why would an experienced pilot flying a modern jetliner fly direct into thunderstorm over the Congo forest given that the onboard weather radar can see weather patterns 500km away with a whole 45 minutes for the pilot to change flight path to avoid the storm?

So you want us to get more bliss by sitting in the "terrifying" cockpit over the Congo forest in a moonless night?

Hahahahaha.

Even if the airliner should dive deeply due to unforseen storm, the the pilot should sit pretty with both hands off the controls and let the airliner correct itselt to the set altitude and flight path.

Should the autopilot disengage due to excessive thunderstorm you simply request to change the course, climb higher and press the damn autopilot button to engage once again.

Infact 95% of the flight time you dont even need to touch the control column, you just change the course by rotating than miniature knob, just like tuning the '80s pocket transitor radio.

By the way a matatu driver on the Mombasa road between Celtel and JKIA overpass is more worked up than you, seated pretty in that modern airliner kokopit.

@Impunity, are you a certified dreamliner welder?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Impunity
#4099 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 5:06:47 PM

Swenani wrote:
Impunity wrote:
nzalela wrote:

Hahahahaha.

@Impunity, are you a certified dreamliner welder?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

muandiwambeu
#4100 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 9:00:57 PM

Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
nzalela wrote:

Combination of events.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly, I seriously recomend @horton to borrow a secret from Miraa drivers of the potent of khat. The optimal dose to be taken during those moments of rare need to experience new vitality in that trade of boredomness will be mete to you pap.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....