Kenya Airways...why ignore..
Gatheuzi
#2001 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 8:07:19 AM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
10 days to go.. hope no further extensions

Why not 13 days?
They will push it to the homestretch...31st!

They cant possibly move the date again.. Not possible

How lucky for KQ that 31st is on a Friday! They will obviously announce after market closes to minimize the impact of the shock to the market. Or is it a requirement to publish in dailys by 31st?
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
Cde Monomotapa
#2002 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 9:19:19 AM

AirAsia rises on cheaper oil, new route
Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR (July 20): AirAsia Bhd ( Financial Dashboard) rose on lower crude oil prices and after the budget airline announced last week of its inaugural flight to Kaohsiung, Taiwan from Kuala Lumpur.

Quote:
Meanwhile, investors might have taken the cue from AirAsia's group chief executive officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes, after he said on Twitter that AirAsia had obtained incentives from Langkawi International Airport.

“Huge huge day for Airasia. Got airport incentives for Langkawi. Langkawi, hub a dream of mine for last 13 years, a reality.

“Going to mount many flights from Langkawi. Great for Langkawi Malaysia tourism. More airports now see the power of AirAsia,” he wrote recently

http://www.theedgemarket...te#.VayH880Oe8w.twitter

A 20% efficiency gain of the 'Youngest fleet in Africa' plus favorable JetA1 has to augur well for KQ!

[quote=Cde Monomotapa]Glut. Decoupling of distillates?

Quote:
While gasoline refining margins remain near three-year highs and surprising diesel demand growth underpinned its margins, the profitability of European jet fuel has declined as thousands of tonnes in surplus cargoes land from new refineries in the Middle East. Some analysts and traders say jet fuel's fate could foretell margins for other oil products, particularly diesel.

Should demand for refined products fall due to emerging oversupply, analysts have said that would spill back into the crude market and pull down prices there as well, as refineries slash orders and reduce output.
http://www.theedgemarket...-0#.VXqAVXpgOgk.twitter[/quote]
VituVingiSana
#2003 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 2:43:01 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
10 days to go.. hope no further extensions

Why not 13 days?
They will push it to the homestretch...31st!

They cant possibly move the date again.. Not possible

How lucky for KQ that 31st is on a Friday! They will obviously announce after market closes to minimize the impact of the shock to the market. Or is it a requirement to publish in dailys by 31st?

Announcement has to be on/by 31st the publication can be after that.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#2004 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 2:46:01 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
AirAsia rises on cheaper oil, new route
Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR (July 20): AirAsia Bhd ( Financial Dashboard) rose on lower crude oil prices and after the budget airline announced last week of its inaugural flight to Kaohsiung, Taiwan from Kuala Lumpur.

Quote:
Meanwhile, investors might have taken the cue from AirAsia's group chief executive officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes, after he said on Twitter that AirAsia had obtained incentives from Langkawi International Airport.

“Huge huge day for Airasia. Got airport incentives for Langkawi. Langkawi, hub a dream of mine for last 13 years, a reality.

“Going to mount many flights from Langkawi. Great for Langkawi Malaysia tourism. More airports now see the power of AirAsia,” he wrote recently

http://www.theedgemarket...te#.VayH880Oe8w.twitter

A 20% efficiency gain of the 'Youngest fleet in Africa' plus favorable JetA1 has to augur well for KQ!

[quote=Cde Monomotapa]Glut. Decoupling of distillates?

Quote:
While gasoline refining margins remain near three-year highs and surprising diesel demand growth underpinned its margins, the profitability of European jet fuel has declined as thousands of tonnes in surplus cargoes land from new refineries in the Middle East. Some analysts and traders say jet fuel's fate could foretell margins for other oil products, particularly diesel.

Should demand for refined products fall due to emerging oversupply, analysts have said that would spill back into the crude market and pull down prices there as well, as refineries slash orders and reduce output.
http://www.theedgemarket...-0#.VXqAVXpgOgk.twitter[/quote]

Our incompetent friends at KQ have probably locked in the highest possible fuel prices using hedges...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
1masha
#2005 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:31:21 AM

Nobody is cashing on KQ as this month's foreign investors outflow hits Sh.2.9B
Aye short-termers, this bird is flying near its bottom
Good judgement is often the result of experience. Experience is often the result of bad judgement.
VituVingiSana
#2006 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:46:54 PM

Trades at 6.30 - 6.75
Impunity
#2007 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 7:20:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Trades at 6.30 - 6.75

Blood on the streets in a week's time!
Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#2008 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:37:05 PM

Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Trades at 6.30 - 6.75

Sad Sad

Bought some more today. Now holding 80,000 units of this stock. I must be inside the plane as it takes off. Following the Sunil Shah methodology as empirically enumerated in his KCB shareholding coup.. Liwe liwalo!!!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Afroblk
#2009 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:46:29 PM

@Obiero, I was thinking of buying more this week but I have a ton of KQ eggs in the basket. My average has come down to 8.67 so I'm good. I'm invading HFCK and Centum for now. We'll see how KQ performs in the near future, I have a feeling Obama will announce direct flights to the U.S. while here...that would be a great announcement. If not, direct flights will be launched in Dec.
Knowledge is contagious...Infect truth!
obiero
#2010 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 10:06:00 PM

Afroblk wrote:
@Obiero, I was thinking of buying more this week but I have a ton of KQ eggs in the basket. My average has come down to 8.67 so I'm good. I'm invading HFCK and Centum for now. We'll see how KQ performs in the near future, I have a feeling Obama will announce direct flights to the U.S. while here...that would be a great announcement. If not, direct flights will be launched in Dec.

My basket is tilting dangerously towards KQ but I am unbowed. When the tide turns we can move to KES 24 within a couple of days.. Let me sit tight..

VituVingiSana
#2011 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 11:17:39 PM

obiero wrote:
Afroblk wrote:

My basket is tilting dangerously towards KQ but I am unbowed. When the tide turns we can move to KES 24 within a couple of days.. Let me sit tight..

What's the announcement date?
Senate is holding hearings [on NTV and KTN] on KQ.
#SuicideWatch
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Aguytrying
#2012 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 8:22:26 AM

obiero wrote:
Afroblk wrote:

Obiero we discussed this. Since u believe in KQ moving to 24, no need to keep buying more,hedge it with another other stocks just incase you are wrong. Thats what I'm doing with TPS... It's way below my purchase price so I only buy small quantities. Most of my purchases are in other stock(to be done during bear fever)If my portfolio is profitable it doesn't matter if TPS is in loss position. Get my rationale?
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Cde Monomotapa
#2013 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:43:38 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
obiero wrote:
Afroblk wrote:

Obiero we discussed this. Since u believe in KQ moving to 24, no need to keep buying more,hedge it with another other stocks just incase you are wrong. Thats what I'm doing with TPS... It's way below my purchase price so I only buy small quantities. Most of my purchases are in other stock(to be done during bear fever)If my portfolio is profitable it doesn't matter if TPS is in loss position. Get my rationale?

The math here is simple. The shareholder roster & @vvs as the despondency indicator, reduces free float to 6%. Go figure.
VituVingiSana
#2014 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:12:13 AM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Trades at 6.30 - 6.75

Sad Sad

Bought some more today. Now holding 80,000 units of this stock. I must be inside the plane as it takes off. Following the Sunil Shah methodology as empirically enumerated in his KCB shareholding coup.. Liwe liwalo!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly So are you gunning for a seat on the board?

How many shares does KQ have?
What's the Market Cap?
obiero
#2015 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:42:49 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Trades at 6.30 - 6.75

Sad Sad

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly So are you gunning for a seat on the board?

How many shares does KQ have?
What's the Market Cap?

Haha. Those are pipedreams.. The float is too huge. Im js making my cut of the big pie

obiero
#2016 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:47:01 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
obiero wrote:
Afroblk wrote:

@aguy.. thats sound advice, but im applying the kamikaze technique :)

sparkly
#2017 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 9:00:47 PM

obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
obiero wrote:
Afroblk wrote:

@Obiero proving that you are right will come at a huge financial cost. If I were you I would dump KQ and take advantage of the coming discounts to buy real shares.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#2018 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 10:28:14 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
obiero wrote:
Afroblk wrote:

@Obiero proving that you are right will come at a huge financial cost. If I were you I would dump KQ and take advantage of the coming discounts to buy real shares.

@sparkly thanks for the heads up.. but im ready to take my chances. remember I also hold COOP, KEGN, and HFCK

Afroblk
#2019 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:03:44 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
obiero wrote:
Afroblk wrote:

@sparkly thanks for the heads up.. but im ready to take my chances. remember I also hold COOP, KEGN, and HFCK

I agree, at this point there's no need to dump KQ, makes no business sense. There's no harm holding this until you attain a set target price. However; As @Agutrying mentioned earlier, I would refrain from buying more since there are plenty of discounted counters at the moment. I scooped some good number of Britam today, I din't wanna miss this opportunity. I'm not that greedy, and definitely not waiting for sub 12 like some are calling. Centum next week and I'm happy kidogo until I get HFCK. Good Luck!
Knowledge is contagious...Infect truth!
obiero
#2020 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 10:09:30 AM

countdown.. 4 days to go