wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Unveiling the three high court anti- reform judges(Kadhi court ruling judges)
Fundaah
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:57:46 AM

Mr Justice Mathew Anyara Emukule

-risks arrest over Sh2m

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/lvva23z/-/index.html

Justice Nyamu

1.Anglo leasing investigation in 2008- NAIROBI,
The High Court has barred the Ministry of Finance from hiring an audit firm
to investigate circumstances surrounding one of the 18 Anglo-leasing type
tenders.
Justice Joseph Nyamu said Thursday that a Sh500 million contract in which
English firms - Midland Finance and Securities and Globetel Inc - were
allowed to supply the government with telecommunication equipment for the
Administration Police in May 2003, was legitimate.

2. Goldenberg

Ruled that Saitoti be cleared completely.

Roselyn wendo

Lady Justice Roselyn Wendo certifies the application(of Ruto move to clear name in poll chaos report)
urgent and allowed Mr Kigen to institute proceedings with a view of quashing the report.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...0/-/vmt90k/-/index.html

Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
The Real Shaft
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:29:49 AM

when you need a man ..

to do a job...

you send a man...
I'm the real Massey Fergu...... Shut your mouth....
KulaRaha
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:35:48 AM

These are the goons who will lose their jobs and kickbacks when the new const comes...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
masukuma
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:23:44 PM

just throwing stuff at the Judges and hoping some of it will stick.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Soko tele
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:48:27 PM

@Fundaah..............You are branding the Hon. Judges anti-reformers for the simple reason that their ruling did not favour your stand?

How unfortunate?????

Fundaah
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:52:24 PM

Soko tele wrote:
@Fundaah..............You are branding the Hon. Judges anti-reformers for the simple reason that their ruling did not favour your stand?

How unfortunate?????

what your take on this fellow
Mr Justice Mathew Anyara Emukule

-risks arrest over Sh2m

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/lvva23z/-/index.html
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
mburuke
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:59:50 PM

there is a reason y the judiciary,executive and parliament
are independent arms of government. Not agreeing
with their ruling does no necessarily mean that they are wrong and we can always appeal. otherwise rushing to the media with codemnations as some kenyans and mpigs are doing only goes ahead to show that we are only torelant to those who are of similar views as ours. Let justice be our shield and defender always not when it suits us.

One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything
masukuma
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:15:52 PM

so..his ruling has what to do with the 2m?
Fundaah
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:17:31 PM

masukuma wrote:

maybe ...the guys are fearing vetting...
should the new constitution come inforce
willin2learn
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:26:06 PM

@Fundaaah

So if someone pulls out some stuff about COE members what will you do? stop voting? Judge the ruling.... and we shall listen.
I admire your zeal but on this one you are letting emotions dictate you

Fundaah
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:39:34 PM

Willin....My heart bleeds when fellows with no integrity want to see poor kenyans continue being oppressed by oppresive laws....with the new constitution we shall see poor kenyans getting more empowered through better governance.... these judges used the Kadhis courts to try to scuttle the reform process and most lawyers agree that the ruling was not right..... only afew who do not care because it was to their favor are trying to justify the rulings.....

How do you trust a fellow who is given money to hold in trust and misappropriates it to give a ruling with integrity

If any of the COE member is involved in some unscrupulous business .... I would not hesitate to condemn it in equal terms....

masukuma
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:40:46 PM

@Fundaah, Otieno Kajwang has been disbarred for these same reasons. I believe the ruling was a JUST one but unpopular with the Legal community. The likes of Gitobu Imanyara are just bullies and law-breakers like those guys who forced themselves into government via violence. People in Kenya must LEARN TO FOLLOW LAWS - Coz even if this DAFT constitution goes through and people are unwilling to obey it when it hurts them - we are going nowhere.
The Kadhi's court ruling was not engineered to scuttle the constitution , it has basis in over 8000 pages of evidence brought before the Judges.

FYI: the CoE arrogated itself to put Kadhi's courts in the proposed draft even after being advised that the matter was in the courts.
kadonye
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:50:53 PM

I've read the 2 articles and I think the accusations are in bad taste.so what if a guy owes 2m?Let's judge the judges on the basis of their rulings but not on unrelated issues
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
McReggae
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 5:00:45 PM

Copy paste
Monday’s decision outlawing Kadhis’ Courts has shocked many and some have branded it ‘irresponsible, mischievous and politically motivated’. They have questioned its timing, in view of the ongoing debate on Kadhis’ Courts and impending referendum. There are other reasons why this ruling is constitutionally incompetent.
The judgement lacks political savvy and is irresponsible for at least two reasons. First, in one fell swoop, it invalidates — on flimsy and badly argued legal grounds — a political arrangement that in 1963 created Kenya , as we know it today. History shows that the ten-mile coastal strip, previously under the Sultan of Zanzibar, would not be part of Kenya without the political compromise reached on land and Kadhis’ Courts.
Secondly, while the judges pretend to articulate an artificial distinction between provisions on Kadhis’ Courts in the current Constitution and the Proposed Constitution, by saying their ruling does not affect the latter, only a fool would believe them. It is difficult to believe that the judgement is not politically motivated, because, as lawyer Paul Muite put it, ‘it muddies debate on the referendum’.
Simply put, it provides fodder for the ‘No’ camp. That is why the timing of this judgement in a suit filed on 2004 is not fortuitous: it could only have been calculated to point the debate in a particular direction. Let us turn to the legal aspects of the judgement.
First, to the extent that the judgement has a bearing on the constitutional review process, the judges should never have decided the case. They lack jurisdiction. As a result of the National Accord, the Constitution of the post-Accord era differs in one important respect to that of 2004.
First-year student
In terms of the post-Accord constitution, all disputes touching on the review process can only be decided by the Interim Independent Dispute Resolution Court. It is a product of mistrust of our judges, and the judgement appears to vindicate that decision.
In the second place, the judgement is legally unsound. By purporting to declare provisions of the Constitution (creating Kadhis’ Courts) ‘unconstitutional’, the judges portray a peculiar brand of legal reasoning unknown even to upstart lawyers.
One of the most basic constitutional principles is that you cannot declare a provision of the Constitution ‘unconstitutional’ or ‘illegal’. Only Acts of Parliament as well as regulations and rules made under such Acts — are tested against the constitution, which is the foundational law. Any first year law student will tell you this is the case.
When a constitution is drafted, there has to be internal harmony and coherence between provisions of the same constitution. Where judges find disharmony, they have to interpret the provisions to bring internal coherence, while remaining faithful to the original objects and modern societal realities.
The judges ruled unconvincingly that inclusion of the courts and paying Kadhis from public coffers is ‘discriminatory’, ‘sectarian’ and advances one religion over others. The suggestion that Muslims don’t pay taxes is baffling.
The suggestion that Kadhis’ Courts be restricted to the ten-mile coastal strip is an argument living in the past. The interpretation is narrow, unrealistic and unjustifiable mechanical reading of the law.
If Muslims are Kenyans who deserve judicial services on matters of marriage, divorce, and inheritance (only!), how else can that governmental objective and purpose be achieved if we don’t create courts for Muslims all over Kenya? The limited number of Kadhis’ Courts in Kenya should in fact be increased, not wiped from the map!
Judges occupy important offices. What they say matters. Therefore, they must be responsible. Judges called to adjudicate on our Constitution must be the first to know that a constitution is not — contrary to popular view — a consensus document.
It is a document forged on political compromise. Consensus means we all agree on particular issues, which is impossible. Compromise means different sectors of the body politic give and take in order to construct a diverse national whole. Kadhis’ Courts best exemplify this. Judges cannot undo these political compromises on flimsy grounds. They have to provide compelling reasons.
The writer is an advocate and consultant.

..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Soko tele
#15 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 10:21:30 AM

Fundaah wrote:
masukuma wrote:

maybe ...the guys are fearing vetting...
should the new constitution come inforce

Pure Speculation or rumor mongering
Mpenzi
#16 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 11:38:41 AM

Under the draft Constitution, judges are given wide ranging powers to interpret and enforce the Constitution. Assuming the draft goes thro and they make rulings that annoy us or dont accord to what we want, will we be lynching them????
Fundaah
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:28:56 AM

Got this forward

Law and legal experts, your indulgence is sought here. Who delivered what can be said to be Solomonic wisdom with regard to our constitution in the case of the Kadhi Courts? It is a matter that needs scrutiny because we have been crying about the rot in the judiciary, this is a test case to actually pause and ask ourselves; a tale of similar suits, a case of two differing judgements.Somebody is sleeping on the bench.Somebody is not telling the truth as per the provisions of the current KATIBA, who??? Joseph or Ibrahim?

Are thy Lords using the same set of the constitution or is it a case similar to the draft KATIBA where there are two, one a sabottage attempt and the other the actual one? If so, how so is it that they can be worlds apart on what the position of the constitution is on this matter at this point in time and given the prevaling circumstances?There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law, who captured both?

Is it possible that they can interpret the constitution is such varied ways? If so, does it mean there may be several differing rulings to a similar situation?

Is justice being miscarried by our very own judiciary?

Who, pray learned friends, can be vindicated by the constitution itself?

My friend masukuma please help me reply