wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Using Public Funds
Ngalaka
#1 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 11:44:23 AM

Politicians are interesting animals.
In regard to funding the YES and NO campaign camps, we have witnessed about turns and shifting positions.
Today they tell us; This is a Govt project for which public funding is a must. It is part of Agenda 4!
Then when the tide begins to seem to weigh towards the other direction, they also change tact;-Thus we weren’t going use public money ourselves, and those in NO should not expect any money from the Govt to oppose the proposed constitution!

Insincere!

I mean the No side were only saying that if there will be any public funds, then they needed to be shared between the two camps!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
chepkel
#2 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 12:50:43 PM

These people should only use public funds for public awareness PERIOD!!!!!!!! The last time we had a referendum akina Raila were throwing tantrums that the Govt. was using public funds for their campaign. Was it not a govt. project then???

People should be made aware of the contents of the draft the respective campaigns should be funded by their advocators and leave public funds alone. Teachers need to be paid. That's just my opinion.
kadonye
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:24:57 AM

Despite the fact that a new constitution is part of agenda 4 and promises made in '07 elections,the gvt should not use taxpayers' funds to fund campaigns
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing