wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Omar is Gone, who else is happy?
nesta
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 3:18:33 PM

Omar Husein, the KNCHR deputy chairperson resignation from the vice chair position is the best thing that has happened to that body. Being a protege of maina kia, whose KHCR was the official spokeperson of the homosexuals in kenya, he was a liability to the body. Let even quit as a commissioner so that he can work as a mungiki lawyer full time.
On Christ Alone
muganda
#2 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 9:33:05 PM

I hear you @nesta. But this new habit of Kenyans - first they don't resign; then they resign but remain there to continue receiving allowances....

Then when it looks they are about to be fired, they resign completely very fast.
the sage
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 9:04:16 AM

@Nesta, what do you mean defender of homosexuals, mungikis. They are Humans and have Rights, so he was doing his work. I think we'll come to regret him leaving.
We need guys like Kiai and Omar who are steadfast activists not the rather dull Jaoko types.
bkismat
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 1:39:15 PM

I guess it is mungiki's human rights to chop off your head if they don't agree with you or to burn your hard earned car if you refuse to give in to their extortion.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
#5 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 9:04:34 AM

I've come to admire and respect Hassan. He is without a doubt to me a true reformer and a great human rights advocate. Forget your personal dislike for Hassan as he's supposed to fight for all equally including homosexuals.

I doubt most of us would do a good job in this position with our homophobia.

BBI will solve it
:)
nesta
#6 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 10:56:05 AM

He is one of those guys who made me hate the proposed katiba for entrenching the human rights commission. It's easy to talks about human rights in conferences. In 2006/2007 when sldf were chopping the ears of poor Kenyans in mt.elgon,the only people who cried foul were the Kenyan there. After the military went and restored order, omar and his group start talking about human rights. Where were they when matakwei was killing men and raping women?
On Christ Alone
simonkabz
#7 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 12:39:21 PM

@sage, ati matakwei n his ilk have rights? Which rights? The public could easily have lynched them, the police n army had a licence to kill them n the courts couldnt be so lenient either. Since when have savages had any right? Will u accept a mungik to chop ua head as a way of xpressing himself? The Law aside, SAVAGES HAVE NO RIGHTS alongside other humans, that's an unwritten rule. Omar n Kiai can go burn in hell for all I care!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!