wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

47 Pages«<4344454647>
Matatu Business
streetwise
#881 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 11:37:52 AM

Sure a few things not tying up.

New, original receipt, selling price lower than purchase price. What is the catch ??

Sorry this is known as due diligence
Othelo
#882 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 11:40:07 AM

Chaka wrote:
brayosylvan wrote:

Am selling my van it’s new just landed in Kenya this month from Japan and I just got the NTSA requirements and leather seats in it. It’s Diesel-3000cc, Nissan Caravan 2009
Going for only 2.5M
It’s cost was 2.65M I have the original receipt. Email me on bomet11flights@live.com
Or whatsapp +254722543327

How can new and 2009 be used in the same sentence?

New in Kenya. Fellow is joking with #wazua Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
matatuman
#883 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 12:13:12 PM

streetwise wrote:
Sure a few things not tying up.

New, original receipt, selling price lower than purchase price. What is the catch ??

Sorry this is known as due diligence

There is no catch and he is not selling at below the purchase price. That vehicle is grossly overvalued! He is simply looking for a gullible buyer.
Atalaku
#884 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 10:15:58 AM

Jon Jones wrote:
Is matatu business a perfect retirement plan? Consider a retiree (60) with just enough to buy a 7L Hiace diesel or build rentals. Considering that he does not want to leave the city, the amount will hardly get him good land and build rentals worth mentioning.

...it is a very good retirement plan if the retiree does not want to live longer... hahaha
Atalaku
#885 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 10:22:02 AM

matatuman wrote:
brayosylvan wrote:

Am selling my van it’s new just landed in Kenya this month from Japan and I just got the NTSA requirements and leather seats in it. It’s Diesel-3000cc, Nissan Caravan 2009
Going for only 2.5M
It’s cost was 2.65M I have the original receipt. Email me on bomet11flights@live.com
Or whatsapp +254722543327

Dude, ondoa madharau hapa. There is no used Caravan thats worth that money, not even a manual unit. NV350 grey imports are yet to land so please start another thread for your advert or stick to the topic. If you bought at that cash you were ripped off, accept and move on but do not try to tell us some tall tale.

Out of curiosity, which is this Japanese exporter that gave you an original receipt?
Hahaha... the range is between 1.3-1.5m for a 2009. And they come as van ( without seats) Did you install leather seats and for what purpose? Just asking!
Atalaku
#886 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 10:27:04 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Stealth wrote:
@ atalaku - kirae means empty or with very few passengers.

With my car tracker I can see where they are stopping. Do they stop to pick air. So far so good for me. I am getting an average of 5k daily. Which I think is good.
... I may install cctv camera in the matatu...":"Eneke the bird says that since men have learned to shoot without missing, he has learned to fly without perching."

Maybe your route does not have tough competition.Huku kwetu,the Tout can shout for five minutes na waende kirae.
BTW I have the tracker but resolved to give them a target while tracking fuel consumption.

...let's say the vehicle fuels for 3k for one day... ( a Nissan caravan 2009) how much would expect at the end of the day @kaka2za
matatuman
#887 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 12:03:58 PM

Atalaku wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Stealth wrote:

With my car tracker I can see where they are stopping. Do they stop to pick air. So far so good for me. I am getting an average of 5k daily. Which I think is good.
... I may install cctv camera in the matatu...":"Eneke the bird says that since men have learned to shoot without missing, he has learned to fly without perching."

Maybe your route does not have tough competition.Huku kwetu,the Tout can shout for five minutes na waende kirae.
BTW I have the tracker but resolved to give them a target while tracking fuel consumption.

...let's say the vehicle fuels for 3k for one day... ( a Nissan caravan 2009) how much would expect at the end of the day @kaka2za

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Don't you guyz ever learn? Is there a direct correlation between fuel and income?
Atalaku
#888 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 5:16:45 PM

matatuman wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Stealth wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Don't you guyz ever learn? Is there a direct correlation between fuel and income?

...just asking to understand from @kaka2za. ..was wondering too...
tnai9
#889 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 11:57:10 AM

Wazuans, am looking to import a manual matatu hiace 3000cc for a close relative. I can also see there are 7L and 9L engines. He intends to use it for Matatu shuttle business. Any advice on which one is a better engine?
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
matatuman
#890 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 9:50:25 PM

tnai9 wrote:
Wazuans, am looking to import a manual matatu hiace 3000cc for a close relative. I can also see there are 7L and 9L engines. He intends to use it for Matatu shuttle business. Any advice on which one is a better engine?

Tried Google, sijaona 7L ama 9L. Hizo ni engines gani? In my opinion thats the creation of kenyan salesmen/motor vehicle brokers.
kaka2za
#891 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 9:56:30 PM

Atalaku wrote:
matatuman wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Stealth wrote:

...just asking to understand from @kaka2za. ..was wondering too...

It's simply a matter of efficiency.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
tnai9
#892 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:37:53 AM

matatuman wrote:
tnai9 wrote:

Tried Google, sijaona 7L ama 9L. Hizo ni engines gani? In my opinion thats the creation of kenyan salesmen/motor vehicle brokers.

Thanks @mat-man
I thought so too.. Googled a lot also before posting the request here. Didn't find any info. But on olx, that is the lingo. I'll call one of the sellers and hopefully find out the difference.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
Fullykenyan
#893 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:59:52 PM

Guys although i live far from home,i have always thought of running a Matatu Bizna in Kenya.Am Thinking of getting a 14 seater, employ one of my uncles, who is a mechanic ,to double as the mechanic and the manager of my bizna. Guys, what is your take on this, am i risking too much or is it still doable?
kaka2za
#894 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 2:12:49 AM

Fullykenyan wrote:
Guys although i live far from home,i have always thought of running a Matatu Bizna in Kenya.Am Thinking of getting a 14 seater, employ one of my uncles, who is a mechanic ,to double as the mechanic and the manager of my bizna. Guys, what is your take on this, am i risking too much or is it still doable?

Please proceed. Your uncle will soon be rich.
(James Russell Rowell)
Tokyo
#895 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:40:18 AM

Laughing out loudly
kaka2za wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Please proceed. Your uncle will soon be rich.

work to prosper
Gathige
#896 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:50:16 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:

@Fullykenyan, Save yourself heartaches and do something else with the cash. Your will never call your uncle by that name again if you engage him in that bizna.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Fullykenyan
#897 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:27:39 PM

Thanks guys for your advice. I think i will shelve the idea and most probabaly go the rental way. Thanks again.
Impunity
#898 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:15:14 AM

Fullykenyan wrote:
Thanks guys for your advice. I think i will shelve the idea and most probabaly go the rental way. Thanks again.

Please also shelve the rental idea and go the real estate way, you will thank me later.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

kaka2za
#899 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:44:34 AM

Impunity wrote:
Fullykenyan wrote:

Please also shelve the rental idea and go the real estate way, you will thank me later.

True.Why wait 17 years to get your money back when you can double it in 3-5 yrs?
(James Russell Rowell)
geofreygachie
#900 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 3:45:47 PM

tnai9 wrote:
matatuman wrote:
tnai9 wrote:

Thanks @mat-man
I thought so too.. Googled a lot also before posting the request here. Didn't find any info. But on olx, that is the lingo. I'll call one of the sellers and hopefully find out the difference.

I have bumped into the engines available for the toyota 'box' and i think the 5 or 7l thing might be borrowed from here,

Engine

2.7 L 2TR-FE I4 149hp
2.5 L 2KD-FTV I4 101hp
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.