47 Pages«<4243444546>»
Matatu Business
junior121121
#861 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 10:58:19 PM

kanyimwa wrote:
junior121121 wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
subaru wrote:

btw you had me startled about the price batt kubwa lazima all the best in your venture

@Subaru, those are the exact figures.
--4900k = our contribution + financing
--220k = Bank charges(I feel they are exorbitant)(ourselves)
--500k = Others(nganya stories, mandatory req -tax, insp, TLB, insurance instal etc)(ourselves)

Anybody with figures for bank charges from NIC?

KCI body and GM chassis Isuzu was going for 5.1M two weeks after our order, not sure the price now.

tnai9 - next time inbox me prior to buying chassis might be able to save you a bob or two. Complete on road i am getting for quite a bit less

Regarding batteries for sounds - 45k is too high. Replace the two old ones with 2*KV - 1400 batteries which wholesale for 14k each. These are the non maintenance ones. If you have screens on each seat then you will need maybe 1800. Buy direct in industrial area (i bought two about three weeks back)- i have 4 nganyas and never had an issue with this. Alternatively - kimbiza the regular ones for two weeks and let the car pay for the new batteries

Also - and i mean this - ensure you remove the tyre and jack as soon as the car leaves KCI (Unless its a long distance moti). Keep these at home.

I might be advising on stuff you know but just giving a heads up where i have been burnt before. Have you decided on route?

@Junior, i upgraded mine with snake lights; woofer system and other adds on. After two weeks the GM supplied batts have started knocking. The bus cant start on its own. Where in Inda do I buy the KV 1400 you have mentioned? Need them ASAP

Hi - call them on +254720566666. I know the shop but not the street. their fb link is https://www.facebook.com..._item&tab=page_info

totolao
#862 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2016 11:35:34 AM

Prime wrote:
if the month is slightly bad just ask them to delay the shipment such that it will arrive when the month is good

Assuming am importing a 2009 sept registered vehicle and we are in july am i safe from kra, assuming it arrives here before sept this yr.Elaborate on "when the month is good"
Whether you think you can or think you can't, YOU ARE RIGHT!!
jerry
#863 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2016 9:02:08 PM

totolao wrote:
Prime wrote:
if the month is slightly bad just ask them to delay the shipment such that it will arrive when the month is good

Assuming am importing a 2009 sept registered vehicle and we are in july am i safe from kra, assuming it arrives here before sept this yr.Elaborate on "when the month is good"

Good month means you ensure the unit's month of 1st registration is between January and the month that the unit arrivals in Kenya.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Jon Jones
#864 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 8:28:58 AM

Is matatu business a perfect retirement plan? Consider a retiree (60) with just enough to buy a 7L Hiace diesel or build rentals. Considering that he does not want to leave the city, the amount will hardly get him good land and build rentals worth mentioning.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
bartum
#865 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 9:03:34 AM

Jon Jones wrote:
Is matatu business a perfect retirement plan? Consider a retiree (60) with just enough to buy a 7L Hiace diesel or build rentals. Considering that he does not want to leave the city, the amount will hardly get him good land and build rentals worth mentioning.

Forget mat if he wants to see 70
matatuman
#866 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 12:54:43 PM

bartum wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

Laughing out loudly Very strong opinion. What about the rest of us, what's our life expectancy?
Othelo
#867 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 1:01:18 PM

matatuman wrote:
bartum wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

Laughing out loudly Very strong opinion. What about the rest of us, what's our life expectancy?

Mat will be a death sentence to the fellow. Learning the ropes at that age is impossible....... Depression and high blood pressure galore smile smile smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
jerry
#868 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 1:36:20 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

If he's a driver he can make it by driving the mat himself. Otherwise he can buy a transport lorry and ferry the likes of sand n stones.
kanyimwa
#869 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 6:15:15 PM

jerry wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

If he's a driver he can make it by driving the mat himself. Otherwise he can buy a transport lorry and ferry the likes of sand n stones.

I disagree with these naysayers. You don't need to drive your mat to make a return out of it. Just join an organized sacco and get good crew (i mean people who you can work with and also they can work with you).

The only major hustle is handling police raids of which your vehicle can run for weeks without an incident.

Again, this is a business for all ages. From my experience.
jerry
#870 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 9:10:42 PM

kanyimwa wrote:
jerry wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

I disagree with these naysayers. You don't need to drive your mat to make a return out of it. Just join an organized sacco and get good crew (i mean people who you can work with and also they can work with you).

The only major hustle is handling police raids of which your vehicle can run for weeks without an incident.

You are 1 in 100 that have good matatu crew!
Othelo
#871 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 10:58:38 PM

jerry wrote:
kanyimwa wrote:
jerry wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

@kanyimwa my concern is getting into matatu business and a new venture for him for that matter at 60 years. Not your cup of tea.
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
sparkly
#872 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 6:44:29 AM

Othelo wrote:
jerry wrote:
kanyimwa wrote:
jerry wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

@kanyimwa my concern is getting into matatu business and a new venture for him for that matter at 60 years. Not your cup of tea.

After 60, a matatu will kill you in 3 months
Life is short. Live passionately.
tnai9
#873 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 8:12:49 AM

sparkly wrote:

I believe this has to critically do with the crew you have, the route/sacco management and also how you handle stressing issues generally. On the contrary some senior citizens are very wise and can therefore handle stress well.
There are those hacking it with all the 'stresses', there are also those who quit after a few issues. Its paramount to learn the ropes.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
matatuman
#874 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 11:40:28 AM

tnai9 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

I believe this has to critically do with the crew you have, the route/sacco management and also how you handle stressing issues generally. On the contrary some senior citizens are very wise and can therefore handle stress well.
There are those hacking it with all the 'stresses', there are also those who quit after a few issues. Its paramount to learn the ropes.

Well said. You should just have summarised it with your signature. The people who thrive in the industry aren't necessarily the brightest. It most probably has the highest concentration of semi-illiterate investors and yet they thrive.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
sparkly
#875 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 1:48:56 PM

matatuman wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Well said. You should just have summarised it with your signature. The people who thrive in the industry aren't necessarily the brightest. It most probably has the highest concentration of semi-illiterate investors and yet they thrive.

Do not underestimate retirement. It can be a traumatic experience kwa wale hawajajipanga, just like loss of a job or spouse. some people cannot even adjust to the loss of status like being called "mkubwa" company perks,loss of friends and sink into depression. Giving the same guy a matatu is a death sentence.
Life is short. Live passionately.
vky
#876 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 2:16:33 PM

@matatuman and other stakeholders in this industry, how suitable would be the below car be for use as a shuttle van hapa kwetu assuming parts and servicing wasn't an issue.
its a 2000cc diesel, seats 8 but can be modified to fit ten

more in this link

http://www.autotrader.co...;logcode=p&adPos=10

'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
brayosylvan
#877 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:08:18 AM

Am selling my van it’s new just landed in Kenya this month from Japan and I just got the NTSA requirements and leather seats in it. It’s Diesel-3000cc, Nissan Caravan 2009
Going for only 2.5M
It’s cost was 2.65M I have the original receipt. Email me on bomet11flights@live.com
Or whatsapp +254722543327
streetwise
#878 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:50:41 AM

Let me ask politely , why are you selling at a loss. I.e does it have anything to do with the vehicle ?.
matatuman
#879 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:51:06 PM

brayosylvan wrote:

Am selling my van it’s new just landed in Kenya this month from Japan and I just got the NTSA requirements and leather seats in it. It’s Diesel-3000cc, Nissan Caravan 2009
Going for only 2.5M
It’s cost was 2.65M I have the original receipt. Email me on bomet11flights@live.com

Dude, ondoa madharau hapa. There is no used Caravan thats worth that money, not even a manual unit. NV350 grey imports are yet to land so please start another thread for your advert or stick to the topic. If you bought at that cash you were ripped off, accept and move on but do not try to tell us some tall tale.

Out of curiosity, which is this Japanese exporter that gave you an original receipt?
Chaka
#880 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 10:52:44 AM

brayosylvan wrote:

Going for only 2.5M

How can new and 2009 be used in the same sentence?