wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

47 Pages«<2425262728>»
Matatu Business
charlow
#501 Posted : Thursday, January 01, 2015 2:08:31 PM

Thanks @matatuman. By follow-up i mean managing the business on a day-day basis e.g. checking on no. of trips done in a day, mileage covered, fueling, minor maintenance issues...etc. How is the mololine management? And what 'sob stories from 2NK and north rift' have you heard? Please share. Thanks
matatuman
#502 Posted : Thursday, January 01, 2015 6:42:39 PM

charlow wrote:
Thanks @matatuman. By follow-up i mean managing the business on a day-day basis e.g. checking on no. of trips done in a day, mileage covered, fueling, minor maintenance issues...etc. How is the mololine management? And what 'sob stories from 2NK and north rift' have you heard? Please share. Thanks

If you cannot be available to do the follow up then you need someone who can do that. No. of trips is easy, get a tracker that does not require you to be on the net and gives you trip reports and maps directly on your phone. The tracker will also sort th mileage issue. Fueling is a pain point if you let the driver fuel on his own he will milk you dry and give some lame excuse.

I don't have a vehicle at Mololine but if my pals experience is anything to go by, then i would gladly recomend. BTW it is their shuttle franchise i.e. Mololine Prestige. You need to write a letter requesting to join if they consent then you pay a token fee to buy into the franchise.For North Rift i heard that there are some vehicles that always have priority over others. For 2NK a while back you had no control over what route your vehicle was on.
charlow
#503 Posted : Thursday, January 01, 2015 8:36:18 PM

Thanks @matatuman for sharing. I'll check with the mololine guys as I continue researching on other options.
jerry
#504 Posted : Tuesday, January 06, 2015 9:32:55 PM

NENO SACCO "de-registered" by NTSA?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
mlennyma
#505 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 2:50:03 PM

Whats the best price for the new model toyota hiace 14 seater matatu iam madly interested,and which is the most reliable tracking company which can fix that device for me at fairest price.pls give me contacts.lennyma70@gmail.com...I hear there are good arabs at the coast who are not greedy and their prices are fairest.anyone intouch with their numbers. ?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
matatuman
#506 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 5:31:21 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Whats the best price for the new model toyota hiace 14 seater matatu iam madly interested,and which is the most reliable tracking company which can fix that device for me at fairest price.pls give me contacts.lennyma70@gmail.com...I hear there are good arabs at the coast who are not greedy and their prices are fairest.anyone intouch with their numbers. ?

Price depends on alot. Petrol vs Diesel? Already has TLB or not.
mlennyma
#507 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 7:48:12 PM

matatuman wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

a vehicle that has been cleared from all import duty /taxes, diesel and manual
matatuman
#508 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:21:11 PM

mlennyma wrote:
matatuman wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Tricky one, 2007 model should set you back about 2.2M, for 2008 model you would be lucky to get it at 2.5M. I may be wrong though, i do not buy at yards so walk around.
jerry
#509 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:28:47 PM

mlennyma wrote:
matatuman wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Talking of Arabs, I have a guy who has dealt with an Arab for over ten years. I can introduce him to you if you need the HiAce immediately.
mlennyma
#510 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:44:32 PM

jerry wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
matatuman wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Talking of Arabs, I have a guy who has dealt with an Arab for over ten years. I can introduce him to you if you need the HiAce immediately.

if that guy is not another broker pls let him share the arab contacts on my mail or even here,it will be like advertising his good work, I can only trust one yard called gigi motors because I personally know the owner many years
jerry
#511 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 9:07:55 PM

mlennyma wrote:
jerry wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
matatuman wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

if that guy is not another broker pls let him share the arab contacts on my mail or even here,it will be like advertising his good work, I can only trust one yard called gigi motors because I personally know the owner many years

Guy a broker? I hear he gets something for each customer he introduces. Al Husnain Motors is the dealer.
matatuman
#512 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 9:07:58 PM

mlennyma wrote:
jerry wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
matatuman wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

The nigerian? Whats with the Arabs anyway? I believe you asked your question here coz you figured you would get credible answers. There are people here who would help you get the van not because they need your money but they believe in freely sharing. Not every black guy is a con.
mlennyma
#513 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 9:33:35 PM

@matatuman true I thankyou for the price guide
jerry
#514 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 9:01:46 AM

mlennyma wrote:

I would also appreciate, in the usual Wazua spirit, a price guide on KDH201 and KDH211K. CIF MSA and taxes will do.
matatuman
#515 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:01:54 PM

jerry wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I would also appreciate, in the usual Wazua spirit, a price guide on KDH201 and KDH211K. CIF MSA and taxes will do.

Selling prices for KDH201V at the auctions currently averaging JPY 1.3M, add sales tax 8%, Freight, auction fees and bidders profit and you are looking at about USD 14500 cif. But I have seen some dealers doing 11500 not sure which market they are buying from. NB auction grade 3.5
jerry
#516 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 12:34:20 AM

matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Selling prices for KDH201V at the auctions currently averaging JPY 1.3M, add sales tax 8%, Freight, auction fees and bidders profit and you are looking at about USD 14500 cif. But I have seen some dealers doing 11500 not sure which market they are buying from. NB auction grade 3.5

Thanks @matatuman. $14,500 is circa 1,334,000/=. Import duty, Excise duty, port charges should be around 800,000/= which when added gives 2,134,000/=. That's a high figure. This makes my KDH200 valuable since similar ones are no longer being imported!
matatuman
#517 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 11:24:16 PM

jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Thanks @matatuman. $14,500 is circa 1,334,000/=. Import duty, Excise duty, port charges should be around 800,000/= which when added gives 2,134,000/=. That's a high figure. This makes my KDH200 valuable since similar ones are no longer being imported!

You will not sell the car if it is still parked at home. People in the business only buy cars that are on the road unless they are buying from a dealer. You should have gotten it compliant by now.
jerry
#518 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 12:45:33 AM

matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

You will not sell the car if it is still parked at home. People in the business only buy cars that are on the road unless they are buying from a dealer. You should have gotten it compliant by now.

It's actually on the road though not compliant due to some silly mistakes/acts by my driver and SACCO officials. My SACCO witheld some info from me and my driver was slow in "surrenduring" papers/docs to the SACCO.
matatuman
#519 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 9:16:24 PM

jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

It's actually on the road though not compliant due to some silly mistakes/acts by my driver and SACCO officials. My SACCO witheld some info from me and my driver was slow in "surrenduring" papers/docs to the SACCO.

Get serious. The vehicle not being compliant cannot be your driver's mistake or the sacco's mistake. The buck stops with you! Nobody will do due diligence for you. The driver only cares about his pay at the end of the day. Should you lose that vehicle, he will be driving another man's vehicle the following day. Amka bro...
Rankaz13
#520 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 10:44:43 PM

jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

It's actually on the road though not compliant due to some silly mistakes/acts by my driver and SACCO officials. My SACCO withheld some info from me and my driver was slow in "surrendering" papers/docs to the SACCO.

Haiya!!d'oh! d'oh!
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.