Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

47 Pages«<1819202122>»
Matatu Business
jerry
#381 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 6:21:30 PM

Prime wrote:
I have seen a KBY ...Y 14 seater... Wacha tutafute KBZ sasa... hehe

Encouraging!
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
matatuman
#382 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 8:30:59 PM

jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:

Encouraging!

There is money to be made here. That reminds me i was to update guyz on what i found out on my trip. Not sure if i should do a separate thread.
jerry
#383 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 11:49:21 PM

matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:

Encouraging!

There is money to be made here. That reminds me i was to update guyz on what i found out on my trip. Not sure if i should do a separate thread.

Tell us about "There is money to be made here." first. Then start a thread "safari ya Japan ya kibiashara"!!!
bartum
#384 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 9:35:43 AM

jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:

Encouraging!

Tell us about "There is money to be made here." first. Then start a thread "safari ya Japan ya kibiashara"!!!

exactly
matatuman
#385 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 7:36:03 PM

bartum wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:

Encouraging!

exactly

You have a vivid imagination. It wasn't a business trip. About money to be made, its simple. Buy, register and get it operational, find someone who is too lazy to do that and wants "ready to eat food" and sell the vehicle at a profit while its on the road. Repeat the cycle all over again ;)
Prime
#386 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 8:21:30 PM

matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:

Encouraging!

Leta uhondo...
jerry
#387 Posted : Thursday, June 05, 2014 12:39:41 AM

matatuman wrote:
bartum wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:

Encouraging!

exactly

You have a vivid imagination. It wasn't a business trip. About money to be made, its simple. Buy, register and get it operational, find someone who is too lazy to do that and wants "ready to eat food" and sell the vehicle at a profit while its on the road. Repeat the cycle all over again ;)

You should (should have) connect (ed) me to the right pple! Remember mine landed five months ago!
matatuman
#388 Posted : Saturday, June 07, 2014 6:33:54 PM

jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
bartum wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:

Encouraging!

exactly

You should (should have) connect (ed) me to the right pple! Remember mine landed five months ago!

If you can recall, i have been asking for the longest time - (since late last year) if 14 seaters would be registered this year. A vehicle thats not operational is not an attraction in the matatu business. I honestly wouldn't know how to sell a van. Personally i haven't imported because i have no idea how all these people with KBYs on the road have got them registered and cutting corners is not my way of doing things.

But take heart. There was a matatu owners meeting in Thika on Friday. Quite a number of people are stuck with vans that lack the "papers" to legally operate as matatus and the Transport CS is under pressure to allow registration albeit for long distance routes. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
jerry
#389 Posted : Sunday, June 08, 2014 9:13:08 AM

Thanks @matatuman for that vital info. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Prime
#390 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 9:49:44 AM

Seen a KBZ 52*C 10 Seater this morning on accra road. Meru Shuttle Company. Matatuman, Jerry, Rankaz, Kip and other large-scale incognito private investors (Washiku)... There's hope boys!!!
Mjasirii
#391 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 12:10:55 PM

Prime wrote:
Seen a KBZ 52*C 10 Seater this morning on accra road. Meru Shuttle Company. Matatuman, Jerry, Rankaz, Kip and other large-scale incognito private investors (Washiku)... There's hope boys!!!

I would like to know how long it took to acquire the TLB
Prime
#392 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 1:44:56 PM

Mjasirii wrote:
Prime wrote:

For 14 seaters ni tricky. higher capacity vehicles ni straight forward as long as you fulfill the other requirements. There's just no clear policy on whether they are being phased out or whether there's conditional acceptance (To fill up each saccos alloted quota). Grey area. Brokers heaven.
jerry
#393 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 4:33:44 PM

Prime wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:
Prime wrote:

For 14 seaters ni tricky. higher capacity vehicles ni straight forward as long as you fulfill the other requirements. There's just no clear policy on whether they are being phased out or whether there's conditional acceptance (To fill up each saccos alloted quota). Grey area. Brokers heaven.

KBZ 52*C on the road and my KBY 84*A has no TLB?!! We need national dialogue yesterday!
matatuman
#394 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2014 7:57:59 PM

jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:
Prime wrote:

KBZ 52*C on the road and my KBY 84*A has no TLB?!! We need national dialogue yesterday!

Quite a number of KBY/KBZ on the Meru-Nairobi, Embu-Nairobi route.... Lets all do our homework, whoever finds out please share, hata kama ni broker. What i am sure about is officially they are not being registered.
jerry
#395 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:58:18 PM

matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:
Prime wrote:

Quite a number of KBY/KBZ on the Meru-Nairobi, Embu-Nairobi route.... Lets all do our homework, whoever finds out please share, hata kama ni broker. What i am sure about is officially they are not being registered.

I've just spoken to some1 who pretended to be a passenger just to check the TLB of the KBZ 52*C. It has none!
Prime
#396 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 11:21:19 AM

jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:
Prime wrote:

I've just spoken to some1 who pretended to be a passenger just to check the TLB of the KBZ 52*C. It has none!

Haaa!! That means they are then on the road illegally. coz they are ferrying passengers fron nai-meru!!
jerry
#397 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:57:29 PM

Prime wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:
Prime wrote:

Haaa!! That means they are then on the road illegally. coz they are ferrying passengers fron nai-meru!!

Latest info: SACCO(s) are collecting copies of logbooks of "vans" with an intention of converting into "matatus" legally. I think they(SACCOs) have approached KRA/TLB for help!
matatuman
#398 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:22:24 PM

Prime wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:
Prime wrote:

Kuna watu wako roho juu. That risk is simply not worth it. If God forbid that van is involved in an incident resulting in injuries or fatalities, huyo mwenye hiyo gari atauza mpaka chupi.

But i doubt you can operate without TLB for that long even if you are greasing the cops hands.
jerry
#399 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:42:10 PM

matatuman wrote:
Prime wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:
Prime wrote:

Kuna watu wako roho juu. That risk is simply not worth it. If God forbid that van is involved in an incident resulting in injuries or fatalities, huyo mwenye hiyo gari atauza mpaka chupi.

But i doubt you can operate without TLB for that long even if you are greasing the cops hands.

"But i doubt you can operate without TLB for that long"
What do you mean?
Rapudox
#400 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:56:51 PM

kimiri wrote:
Rapudox wrote:
Hallo Guys,
after contemplating, analysing and contemplating again, I decided to take the deep dive into Matatu biz. My new 33-Seater will be on the road soon. BUT many many challenges ahead e.g Kidero Buses, Payless cash systems, KRA tightening the leash....(@Kimiri...whats your take on these challenges??)We shall see. I will keep you posted...

@Rapudox. Welcome to the club and all the best from myself. I do not think you need to be unduly worried about the challenges that you have mentioned for a number of reasons. First, I am very sceptical that CCN will be able to successfully run a bus company. On the outset, history is against them going by what happened to KBS and also Nyayo buses. Add this to the high level of inefficiency and corruption that characterises service delivery by NCC and what you get is a white elephant waiting to happen. To be honest I think the proposed bus project is another corruption scandal in the making. There are also technical challenges for them given the huge size of buses they are talking about. With the state of traffic jam in many roads in Nairobi I do not think they will get anywhere with those kind of buses. On payless cash systems - I do not think implementing it would be costly to the operator even if the government tried to enforce it. Note that matatu operators have actually been paying tax to KRA in the form of advance tax every year.

Cashless payment system postponed indefinitely...
Rink:
http://www.businessdaily...2/-/fo1l5s/-/index.html

@..Kimiri....predictable government ...Laughing out loudly