47 Pages«<1718192021>»
Matatu Business
Prime
#361 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:57:36 PM

Tokyo wrote:
Prime wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
matatuman wrote:
To the "usual suspects", I will be in Japan next week- Osaka and Kobe. I might squeeze some time and randa randa abit. Maybe check out the auction houses and get a few contacts. If you have a "wishlist" then drop me a line. We need to demystify auction fees charged by dealers.

Karibu matatu man.
They say Osaka /Kobe auction not the best. Tochigi/ makuhari/ Gifu prices more competitive.
Ukipita Tokyo I can buy you kahawa

Hi matatuman, I think it is commendable. I think it is something do-able. What im not sure, and Tokyo may have to confirm, is on whether you must be a member of the auction i.e. can anyone just purchase from the auctions? I however know that there would be a great deal of savings to be done.

Tokyo, there was a time i asked you on whether you could facilitate sourcing and importation at a commission, or whether you could link me up with s small, dependable vendor who could source cars at a cheaper overall price. Im not sure I saw your comment on the issue

Auction is for members only. You can neither purchase directly nor enter past the gates unless accompanied by a member. Matatuman will confirm.
@prime. Unless buying in bulk, you might not save significant amounts. Let me have your contacts

wazuaprime@gmail.com
Rapudox
#362 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:27:57 PM

kimiri wrote:
kimiri wrote:
Rapudox wrote:
Hallo Guys,
after contemplating, analysing and contemplating again, I decided to take the deep dive into Matatu biz. My new 33-Seater will be on the road soon. BUT many many challenges ahead e.g Kidero Buses, Payless cash systems, KRA tightening the leash....(@Kimiri...whats your take on these challenges??)We shall see. I will keep you posted...

@Rapudox. Welcome to the club and all the best from myself. I do not think you need to be unduly worried about the challenges that you have mentioned for a number of reasons. First, I am very sceptical that CCN will be able to successfully run a bus company. On the outset, history is against them going by what happened to KBS and also Nyayo buses. Add this to the high level of inefficiency and corruption that characterises service delivery by NCC and what you get is a white elephant waiting to happen. To be honest I think the proposed bus project is another corruption scandal in the making. There are also technical challenges for them given the huge size of buses they are talking about. With the state of traffic jam in many roads in Nairobi I do not think they will get anywhere with those kind of buses. On payless cash systems - I do not think implementing it would be costly to the operator even if the government tried to enforce it. Note that matatu operators have actually been paying tax to KRA in the form of advance tax every year.

Didn't I say that a bus company by NCC was a corruption scandal in the making? The architect is already in trouble for his role in the tendering process!

http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/baeuav/-/index.html

...Absolutely, ..looks like it is happening. It will be interesting to see how things play out now after Kideros ousting...
jerry
#363 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2014 9:28:38 PM

Deputy wa Kidero ni.....
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Prime
#364 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 3:54:51 PM

kimiri wrote:
Rapudox wrote:
Hallo Guys,
after contemplating, analysing and contemplating again, I decided to take the deep dive into Matatu biz. My new 33-Seater will be on the road soon. BUT many many challenges ahead e.g Kidero Buses, Payless cash systems, KRA tightening the leash....(@Kimiri...whats your take on these challenges??)We shall see. I will keep you posted...

@Rapudox. Welcome to the club and all the best from myself. I do not think you need to be unduly worried about the challenges that you have mentioned for a number of reasons. First, I am very sceptical that CCN will be able to successfully run a bus company. On the outset, history is against them going by what happened to KBS and also Nyayo buses. Add this to the high level of inefficiency and corruption that characterises service delivery by NCC and what you get is a white elephant waiting to happen. To be honest I think the proposed bus project is another corruption scandal in the making. There are also technical challenges for them given the huge size of buses they are talking about. With the state of traffic jam in many roads in Nairobi I do not think they will get anywhere with those kind of buses. On payless cash systems - I do not think implementing it would be costly to the operator even if the government tried to enforce it. Note that matatu operators have actually been paying tax to KRA in the form of advance tax every year.

@ Kimiri, Let me know how i can get in-touch with you on behalf of a pal who will be joining the industry in 2 week's time. You may send me your e-mail address or phone number through wazuaprime@gmail.com and He will get in-touch with you on some queries on 33 seaters.
smart1
#365 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:27:32 PM

Hi guys am contemplating venturing the matatu biz especially town service.Initially i had opted logistic co. esp long distance transport but had to embark on plan B after the inevitable intro of SGR.Pliz advice.@Kimiri and anyone else.Warm regards.
kimiri
#366 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:21:46 PM

Prime wrote:
kimiri wrote:
Rapudox wrote:
Hallo Guys,

@ Kimiri, Let me know how i can get in-touch with you on behalf of a pal who will be joining the industry in 2 week's time. You may send me your e-mail address or phone number through wazuaprime@gmail.com and He will get in-touch with you on some queries on 33 seaters.

@Prime. Sorry for my delayed reply. Use the following email account: kimiri38@gmail.com
kimiri
#367 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:24:18 PM

smart1 wrote:
Hi guys am contemplating venturing the matatu biz especially town service.Initially i had opted logistic co. esp long distance transport but had to embark on plan B after the inevitable intro of SGR.Pliz advice.@Kimiri and anyone else.Warm regards.

Hi smart. What do you wanna know?
Prime
#368 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:18:35 AM

kimiri wrote:
smart1 wrote:

Kimiri... theres a pal by the name of G**f who will get in-touch with you on advice pertaining to a 33 seater. Thanks mzee.
kimiri
#369 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:51:47 PM

Prime wrote:
kimiri wrote:
smart1 wrote:

Kimiri... theres a pal by the name of G**f who will get in-touch with you on advice pertaining to a 33 seater. Thanks mzee.

Noted. Best
smart1
#370 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2014 2:52:14 PM

kimiri wrote:
Prime wrote:
kimiri wrote:
smart1 wrote:

Noted. Best

Halo Kimiri,i need your advice on the benefits,challenges,financing options,daily home take,salaries and any other info that will be of beneficial regarding the mat biz especially the 33 seater....
Mjasirii
#371 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:19:42 PM

Is registration on going or was it suspended for the 14 pax matatu.
kimiri
#372 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:08:28 PM

smart1 wrote:
kimiri wrote:
Prime wrote:
kimiri wrote:
smart1 wrote:

Noted. Best

Halo Kimiri,i need your advice on the benefits,challenges,financing options,daily home take,salaries and any other info that will be of beneficial regarding the mat biz especially the 33 seater....

@smart. if you give me your email address I will share with you. cheers.
Outvestor
#373 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2014 1:32:52 AM

kimiri wrote:
smart1 wrote:

Kimiri, kindly share the same : vestor.out@gmail.com
¡ʇɹoɟɟǝ ƃuıɟɟǝ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ɥɔnɯ os ؛uıɐʌ uı ɔıqɐɹɐ ƃuıuɹɐǝן pǝıɹʇ ı
jerry
#374 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2014 12:37:19 PM

Mjasirii wrote:

Suspended though unofficially you still get registration!
bartum
#375 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2014 1:29:03 PM

jerry wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:

you mean you can get a TLB now for a 14 seater
matatuman
#376 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2014 7:21:27 PM

jerry wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:

Did you get TLB for your van?
Kipkorir
#377 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 7:40:25 AM

matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:

Year you still can get TLB but through a KENYAN STYLE ( if you get what I mean. But make sure you have changed your log book to read matatu if it is still indicating a VAN.
pkn
Prime
#378 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 3:48:54 PM

I have seen a KBY ...Y 14 seater... Wacha tutafute KBZ sasa... hehe
mawinder
#379 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 4:35:06 PM

kimiri wrote:
smart1 wrote:
kimiri wrote:
Prime wrote:
kimiri wrote:
smart1 wrote:

Noted. Best

Which informatiom is this that is shared via email? I thought the wazua spirit is about sharing freely.
jerry
#380 Posted : Tuesday, June 03, 2014 6:18:38 PM

Kipkorir wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
Mjasirii wrote:

Year you still can get TLB but through a KENYAN STYLE ( if you get what I mean. But make sure you have changed your log book to read matatu if it is still indicating a VAN.

@Kipkorir, I thought once the MV-inspector certifies it's a 14-seater matatu you go for TLB and then logbook changing comes later?
@matatuman, mine is ready for the road minus TLB! I had even paid insurance for matatu but I suspended it since it has taken longer to get it (TLB) than anticipated. I'm very hopeful.