wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

47 Pages«<1314151617>»
Matatu Business
Prime
#281 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:16:43 PM

jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:
A car can be given those temporary KG number plates and after passing the inspection one can then apply for the plates. I however leave all this stuff for the clearing guy. He does everything and I just pick my car.

I think the issue is not the plates but registration!

But Isnt the issuance of plates sufficient evidence of registration? Thats why when you complete the process outlined by kra (see below), you are given a registration plate

http://www.revenue.go.ke...tor-vehicle-registration
washiku
#282 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 1:34:52 PM

Are Wazuans ready for tomorrow's deadline?
Rankaz13
#283 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 7:15:01 PM

washiku wrote:

Mimi bado. Problems galore. When I began looking for the gadgets back in Jan, the cheapest in the market was 44k from a certain co. in Westlands. Finally managed to secure some this week for 19k. Programming done yesterday, installation and inspection probably tomorrow.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
jerry
#284 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 7:40:37 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
washiku wrote:

Mimi bado. Problems galore. When I began looking for the gadgets back in Jan, the cheapest in the market was 44k from a certain co. in Westlands. Finally managed to secure some this week for 19k. Programming done yesterday, installation and inspection probably tomorrow.

Lucky you @Rankaz13 and I think it's rare for 13 to be a lucky number! In Meru they are being fitted at 35k and the price is going up.

Are there any models that you can recommend as better than others?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Rankaz13
#285 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:38:32 PM

jerry wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
washiku wrote:

Lucky you @Rankaz13 and I think it's rare for 13 to be a lucky number! In Meru they are being fitted at 35k and the price is going up.

Funny thing, 13 has always been my lucky number. Being the first experience with the gadgets, I honestly dunno of any that I can say is better than others.

I've come across some SACCOs that bought for their members and paid for installation as well, halafu the members get it as a loan kwa malipo ya polepole ya miezi sita.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Kipkorir
#286 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 7:07:55 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
jerry wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
washiku wrote:

Funny thing, 13 has always been my lucky number. Being the first experience with the gadgets, I honestly dunno of any that I can say is better than others.

I've come across some SACCOs that bought for their members and paid for installation as well, halafu the members get it as a loan kwa malipo ya polepole ya miezi sita.

Good morning Rankaz13. Kindly inform me where you got yours (The company supplying). I want to beat the deadline yet some comapnies are said to have ran out of stock. Thank you
pkn
majimaji
#287 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 8:25:29 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
washiku wrote:

What is the gadget supposed to do that where the other one failed?
Are the police sufficiently digital to monitor and use the data it is supposed to record?
Is the government trying to solve an enforcement problem with dubious technology?
jerry
#288 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 9:48:57 AM

majimaji wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
washiku wrote:

What is the gadget supposed to do that where the other one failed?
Are the police sufficiently digital to monitor and use the data it is supposed to record?
Is the government trying to solve an enforcement problem with dubious technology?

To the last question I say yes. To the first it's supposed to control/limit speed as well as keep a record of the same. The use of the gadget may not be a problem to someone who can use a mobile phone!

But I doubt on the tamper-proof allegation and misuse(sic) of data from the gadget. The biggest beneficially is the matatu crew and the government(taxes)!
kimiri
#289 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 10:15:35 AM

I think this is a revenue raising ploy by the government which has also been hijacked by corrupt government officials and well-connected business people to swindle cash out vehicle owners. There is a lot of corruption going on at the motor vehicle inspection centers. I did not understand why after paying through the nose for the gadgets, I also had pay for new TLB stickers including also advance tax.
majimaji
#290 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 11:06:46 AM

kimiri wrote:
I think this is a revenue raising ploy by the government which has also been hijacked by corrupt government officials and well-connected business people to swindle cash out vehicle owners. There is a lot of corruption going on at the motor vehicle inspection centers. I did not understand why after paying through the nose for the gadgets, I also had pay for new TLB stickers including also advance tax.

I don't know of any other business that Govt preys on compared to the transport industry. Increasing costs for the industry fuels inflation and creates a vicious cycle of non-compliance and official corruption/cartels
jerry
#291 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 12:10:17 PM

kimiri wrote:

You mean paying advance tax twice in a year? Not heard of that.
kimiri
#292 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 2:17:35 PM

jerry wrote:
kimiri wrote:

You mean paying advance tax twice in a year? Not heard of that.

Yes. This is for a vehicle that I had made payment for in November last year.
jerry
#293 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 7:16:05 PM

@Kimiri. Advance tax is paid for a calendar year and what you paid last year was for last year! What will cost you more is governor and inspection along with attendant costs.
Rankaz13
#294 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 11:22:36 PM

Kipkorir wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
jerry wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
washiku wrote:

Good morning Rankaz13. Kindly inform me where you got yours (The company supplying). I want to beat the deadline yet some companies are said to have ran out of stock. Thank you

Pole kwa kuchelewa, busy day. Got the units from Public Transport Investment Co. Ltd (affiliated to M.o.A) via one of our sacco officials. Apparently demand was quite high and I had to wait for almost 3wks after paying before we finally got them.

Wanted to share some pics of the gadget but inserting images here from flicker imekuwa shida.

Talk to a guy called Victor on 0722-823 636 of Papo Hapo Solutions (PHS), the brand name of the governors.
bartum
#295 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 4:57:41 PM

am selling a brand new nissan vanette 2000cc,diesel, manual KBY
matatuman
#296 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 1:45:17 PM

bartum wrote:

Hiyo Vannette mileage ni genuine ama you have rewound the odometer like most sellers in Nairobi? Whats the mileage and Price?
jerry
#297 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:47:42 PM

matatuman wrote:
bartum wrote:

Hiyo Vannette mileage ni genuine ama you have rewound the odometer like most sellers in Nairobi? Whats the mileage and Price?

2000cc for toyota is a petrol engine. I'm not sure for Nissan.
matatuman
#298 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:02:24 PM

jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
bartum wrote:

@Jerry The Vanette is that tiny van, Inafanana na mkate ya 10bob. Its petrol version is 1800cc same chassis as Mazda Bongo.
jerry
#299 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:08:38 PM

matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
bartum wrote:

@Jerry The Vanette is that tiny van, Inafanana na mkate ya 10bob. Its petrol version is 1800cc same chassis as Mazda Bongo.

@matatuman, thanks. I thought it was meant for use as a matatu!
Rankaz13
#300 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 11:53:42 PM

jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
bartum wrote:

@matatuman, thanks. I thought it was meant for use as a matatu!

Oh yes, it indeed is used as a matatu. Either 11 seats kawaida or 8-seater shuttle.