wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

47 Pages«<1213141516>»
Matatu Business
Prime
#261 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2014 7:10:24 PM

jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:
Jerry, Raha shuttles have several KBYs. I highly doubt they are almost exhausting their allocated maximum allowable vehicles considering they did not buy many nguruwes (townace). I also did the van inspection in mombasa in order to get my number plates. What is required are the chevrons, reflectors, PSV advance tax etc. But I still had to re-do the inspection, this time not van but matatu inspection. Before that i had to fit the seats, seatbelts, speed governor, route. Only After the inspection did I do the branding of the mat. Among the items required for TLB is the matatu Inspection certificate, speed governor certificate, Letter from the sacco, Valid insurance (Matatu insurance). I hope that all will be well. That you will get a good price for the unit. Though You would definitely get a much better price if it was registered. As in uuze ikiwa kwa lami.

@Prime, You've understood the process of matatu registration very clearly. How much would someone expect to make on a single van? If I have to put it on the road it means I exclude those who may be interested in the van for other uses!

I would say 300-400k if registered. Manual higher if you bought it at the right price (Auction or end of the year)
matatuman
#262 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 9:04:29 AM

Guyz, anyone who has made progress in getting the new speed governors?
Prime
#263 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:52:38 PM

matatuman wrote:

matatuman, check the usual mail. Leo leo
jerry
#264 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:53:08 PM

Prime wrote:
jerry wrote:
Prime wrote:
Jerry, Raha shuttles have several KBYs. I highly doubt they are almost exhausting their allocated maximum allowable vehicles considering they did not buy many nguruwes (townace). I also did the van inspection in mombasa in order to get my number plates. What is required are the chevrons, reflectors, PSV advance tax etc. But I still had to re-do the inspection, this time not van but matatu inspection. Before that i had to fit the seats, seatbelts, speed governor, route. Only After the inspection did I do the branding of the mat. Among the items required for TLB is the matatu Inspection certificate, speed governor certificate, Letter from the sacco, Valid insurance (Matatu insurance). I hope that all will be well. That you will get a good price for the unit. Though You would definitely get a much better price if it was registered. As in uuze ikiwa kwa lami.

@Prime, You've understood the process of matatu registration very clearly. How much would someone expect to make on a single van? If I have to put it on the road it means I exclude those who may be interested in the van for other uses!

I would say 300-400k if registered. Manual higher if you bought it at the right price (Auction or end of the year)

Good info @Prime. Although I bought mine from the auction it's not easy to get 300k due to it's 1st yr/month of registration! I think I would be ok with 200k!
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Waters254
#265 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 11:41:55 AM

Anyone with experience on Ashok Leyland buses and Eicher buses. Are they durable, good on the road and serviceable?

CMC have an offer on 33 seater Eicher buses at 3.something millions. I am considering this
kaka2za
#266 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 6:43:04 PM

[quote=Waters254]Anyone with experience on Ashok Leyland buses and Eicher buses. Are they durable, good on the road and serviceable?

CMC have an offer on 33 seater Eicher buses at 3.something millions. I am considering this [/quote

Eicher is good for staff and school bus but it is not resilient enough for public Service. The quoted price is exclusive of VAT.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
osa2
#267 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 8:49:01 PM

I am selling a KBQ 51 Seater UD. Currently running as City Hopper. I have challeges managing it from afar. Any offers?
Chaka
#268 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 11:38:07 AM

osa2 wrote:
I am selling a KBQ 51 Seater UD. Currently running as City Hopper. I have challeges managing it from afar. Any offers?

I thought once you join a SACCO,they will manage the vehicle for you?

kiash
#269 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 12:58:29 PM

@prime and @ matatuman i can see you have experience in this business. What advice do you give i've been fixed my sister and i imported a nissan sometimes back. Ikafika Nai and everything looked set , it was not for matatu industry though i want to use it private for sometime.The prob is she sent some guy to go pay for inspection and tax and the guy gave out the original import papers @KRA . They are yet to be traced walisema zimepotea.@ the moment car has no number plate and he has to go to mbs to look for the originals. The guy @ kra said the papers had been taken for audit zikapotea hivyo.

In another way ni KK anataka .As for now the car is not registered
question :
If i need to use the car with my family, does it have to be a PSV???
Are there temporary papers that one can use to drive ?
Do i need a TLB ?
Excuse if i may seem not to be in the know how its my first time to do that in Kenya .

Thanks and any advice welcome.
washiku
#270 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:21:04 PM

Prime wrote:
matatuman wrote:

How much is it going for?
jerry
#271 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 3:30:18 PM

kiash wrote:
@prime and @ matatuman i can see you have experience in this business. What advice do you give i've been fixed my sister and i imported a nissan sometimes back. Ikafika Nai and everything looked set , it was not for matatu industry though i want to use it private for sometime.The prob is she sent some guy to go pay for inspection and tax and the guy gave out the original import papers @KRA . They are yet to be traced walisema zimepotea.@ the moment car has no number plate and he has to go to mbs to look for the originals. The guy @ kra said the papers had been taken for audit zikapotea hivyo.

question :
Do i need a TLB ?
Excuse if i may seem not to be in the know how its my first time to do that in Kenya .

I thought use of a clearing agent is/was mandatory!
Prime
#272 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:30:46 AM

washiku wrote:
Prime wrote:
matatuman wrote:

How much is it going for?

getting one at 19k excludding installation. matatuman's sacco got one at 25 inclussive of installation
Prime
#273 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:34:55 AM

jerry wrote:
kiash wrote:

question :
Do i need a TLB ?

I agree with jerry. You need to follow up with the clearing agent. Actually if you are importing for the first time, and even before paying for the unit get him involved. he/she will advise you on whether it is a deal, whether the duty and what to expect in the process
matatuman
#274 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:14:03 AM

Prime wrote:
jerry wrote:
kiash wrote:

question :
Do i need a TLB ?

I agree with jerry. You need to follow up with the clearing agent. Actually if you are importing for the first time, and even before paying for the unit get him involved. he/she will advise you on whether it is a deal, whether the duty and what to expect in the process

Same sentiments as above, clearing agent should follow up. A couple of questions, when you say KRA guy, what do you mean? Coz i usually pay my tax at National Bank and give the agent the bank slips. This guy your siz sent, ni nani? Clearing agent? Was he given the cash?
jerry
#275 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 11:23:28 AM

matatuman wrote:
Prime wrote:
jerry wrote:
kiash wrote:

question :
Do i need a TLB ?

Same sentiments as above, clearing agent should follow up. A couple of questions, when you say KRA guy, what do you mean? Coz i usually pay my tax at National Bank and give the agent the bank slips. This guy your siz sent, ni nani? Clearing agent? Was he given the cash?

More questions; How did the unit leave the port without being registered? Is it possible to do a search at KRA using chasis no.?
matatuman
#276 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 11:27:58 AM

jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
Prime wrote:
jerry wrote:
kiash wrote:

question :
Do i need a TLB ?

More questions; How did the unit leave the port without being registered? Is it possible to do a search at KRA using chasis no.?

My quesss is if they gave "the guy" cash to go pay tax, he pocketed cash and had the vehicle released as a transit vehicle.
kiash
#277 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 11:55:40 AM

matatuman wrote:
Prime wrote:
jerry wrote:
kiash wrote:

question :
Do i need a TLB ?

Actually i do not have info on the guy i think its a guy in their office. He went to pay for advance tax + money for inspection. The car had already been released (is that possible?) its actually in Nrb.So this guy just paid for the tax and did not pay for inspection, he was to come a day after (i do not know why) . When he went the next day he was told they needed the import papers (original) which were @KRA and those guys @ KRA said the papers had gone for auditing. Since then the papers cannot be traced. So i do not know if we can get these papers from the clearing agent in mbsa. The car has no nbmer plate.
Where can i get details on these import/export stuff to know actually who is lying to who .

My siz or the guy .

Thanks all
kiash
#278 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 11:57:10 AM

jerry wrote:
matatuman wrote:
Prime wrote:
jerry wrote:
kiash wrote:

question :
Do i need a TLB ?

Haiya its not possible? sina info
Prime
#279 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 7:52:56 PM

A car can be given those temporary KG number plates and after passing the inspection one can then apply for the plates. I however leave all this stuff for the clearing guy. He does everything and I just pick my car.
jerry
#280 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 10:35:28 PM

Prime wrote:
A car can be given those temporary KG number plates and after passing the inspection one can then apply for the plates. I however leave all this stuff for the clearing guy. He does everything and I just pick my car.

I think the issue is not the plates but registration!