wazua Wed, Jul 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
CONSTITUTION: My Yes turns to No
cyruskulei
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:53:35 AM

Has anyone seen Page 6 of daily nation today....Its very much surprising, I was a YES campaigner upto today and I have been converted to NO after reading that article on Dstv being banned in NE. may be someone needs to convert me back...
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Ngalaka
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:12:00 PM

Hii si ya huku.
Paleka 'bahali' yake.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
wajona
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:13:28 PM

The directive is non business and scarely
stock.enigma
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:32:13 PM

the directive is made under the current constitution and not the proposed one. if you vote no, the current one will prevail. Over to you!!! what is better. Kadhi courts are not an issue in this referandum. You already have them
FundamentAli
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:01:48 PM

See link below pointing out it was a district security meeting decision.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/PC...6/-/111hh3i/-/index.html

The BBC see had the story yesterday. See thread 'In Kenya?'. Just because the Supkem leader anounced the decision, it appeared like a muslim affair.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:13:44 PM

stock.enigma wrote:
Kadhi courts are not an issue in this referandum. You already have them

That's the lie being peddled. If we retain everything from the current constitution how then is it going to be a new constitution. We had/have a great opportunity to remove what we're uncomfortable with.

BBI will solve it
:)
atiriri
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:42:36 PM

I was for no from the word go
Jaina
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:33:54 PM

Guys, wheather you say YES or NO or you ABSTAIN like me, the damn thing will go through. Whats more intresting or confusing is how and when will it be implemented?.

The "Principals' said its not perfect and it will be changed afterwards. Thats final.

Wa_ithaka
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:52:24 PM

well. Tharathi. This doesn't show you at your sharpest...
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
wanyina
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:01:26 PM

A good draft favoring a common man more than before,except some adjustments may be done but this is ideal if they pass YES the whole deal first AND ammend later.Otherwise church doesn't understand that its not about their selfish control supremacy. Because even today Kadhis court is there but its only for muslims marriage,devorce and inheritance also what has it to do with christians?Abortion is only permitted when it is necessary to save either a mother or a child incase of danger..but the fact is there is nowhere at the draft that says abortion will be legal... People should realise that it is now or never.
SUSU
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:53:48 PM

Muslims...Muslims...Muslims...Muslims...Muslims...
Muslims...Muslims...Muslims...Muslims...Muslims...
Muslims...Muslims...Muslims...Muslims...Muslims...Do u peoplr really believe these Guys can do something BAD in Kenya?? ...lol... What do they control in Kenya???

ECONOMY????
TRANSPORT???
AGRICULTURE???
TOURISM????
EDUCATION????
RELIGION?????(They r minority)
EDUCATION??????
SECURITY???????
PROPERTIES...ANYWHERE IN KENYA...?????
MASHAMBA??????
STOCK MARKET???
BANKS....FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS...
BIASHARA???? ,,,,ETC....and the list goes on...

Then tell me why r u afraid of them???
YOU SHOULD BE AFRAID OF URSELVES...It's you who chopped , maimmed, killed , cut, rosted, grilled, rapped, banged, slashed, twarffed,... your fellow CHRISTIANS NEIGHBOURS...Tena in the CHURCHES...Not Mosques....Mumesahao??? Mumesahao??? ni juzi tu....si it's you guys or am I wrong???..stop spreading haterade...Now tell me who should be afraid of who???
masukuma
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:37:41 AM

@susu, remove the clause and you won't have to put up with this "islamophobia", kwani what are the repercussions of having then do their adjudication outside the law? how do they operate in mainland Tanzania which has a large number of Muslims?
We will not shut-up or put-up until fairness reigns and every religion. we are not asking for discrimination or other things you maybe alluding to.
To end this debate just remove the clause and everyone will be happy!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
SUSU
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:18:42 AM

masukuma wrote:
@susu, remove the clause ,....We will not shut-up or put-up until fairness reigns and every religion... we are not asking for discrimination or other things you maybe alluding to.
To end this debate just remove the clause and everyone will be happy!

@masukuma..
Nobody is telling u to shut up. I respect ur views . u have the right to vote not 1 but 3 NOs it's ur right and no one can take it away from you. . Saying that u don't want Kadhis courts is also ok I dont see no problem with that....Removing or not removing is something else..Kenyans will decide on this.... Lakini portraying a picture that Muslims are evil people having a hiden agenda wanting to turn Kenya in to Sharia Law and cheotic nation.. is all nonsence and rubbish..people should Stop spreading Lies and haterade.
mukhamba!
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:43:21 AM

@ SUSU..how sure are you? What are they doing in Nigeria right now?

See what I don't understand is why they can not use the same courts as the other kenyans...Does that mean they do not want to interact with US..christians?
Prof.J.T.Ouma
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:09:42 AM

Why do Kenyans act so silly under the allure of politicians? They all become Timberlake Arungas under the spell of some politician. Politicians often deny them their right to think which they gladly accept. In the synovate poll, 80% of Kenyans have not touched a copy of the constitution yet 71% support it, why? The top politicians say it is good and have urged Kenyans to vote yes. So everyone is saying yes, even those who have gone hoarse here (like fundah) calling the leaders Mpigs and so on are now shouting YES irregardless of the ills in the constitution and obviously without reading it. What hot air!

In 2002, Kenyans were made to think they were united in “removing Moi”, through a party called Narc aka rainbow, a compact tribal grenade. Kenyans voted overwhelmingly for the current president in this agenda to “remove Moi” who apparently had already declared that he was retiring. What was this unity about? Why would Kenyans not give anyone a hearing in this strange unity? Maybe consider James Orengo who had vehemently opposed the machine? Why were they so easily lied to? How did they come to install Moi’s failed protégé instead of other independent minded patriotic Kenyans who fared so poorly in the elections? The truth is that it was a masked unity of tribes that was rushed through, a unity of ethnicity and not patriotic Kenyans. This precipitated the split shortly before the 2005 constitution referendum where the fallacy of tribal unity crumbled and the reality of the lie surfaced. We sacrificed a fantastic opportunity to cleanse our country. The constitution debate and referendum was turned into tribal dialogue. Ironically you could almost tell the tribe of a person by their position on the Prime Ministers role in the constitution. People claimed to be discussing the constitution, whereas in reality they were discussing the politics of their tribes. This culminated in the tribally split referendum of 2005 and the grenade exploded in 2007.

Now the Kenyans have reversed the process, they are beginning with a tribally united referendum vote for YES on a constitution that is surely ill and that most confess not to have read. “The politicians say its good so it s good”, “We will repair it afterwards” they say. And the silliest one “the Kadhis courts were there before so there is nothing wrong with them”. Let me plead with you as follows; if you work hard to build a new palace in Muthaiga and find the contractor has built a pit latrine inside your palace, will you accept the deal and rush into the house because the grass thatched house you are moving from has a pit latrine and you have always used it? That you have spent so much money so you ought to move in? That you have waited so long and cannot wait for the latrine to be done properly? This is just another grenade and the explosion is yet to come. Until Kenyans can learn to not let politicians do the thinking for them, they will be setting off one explosion after another. Note: i am atheist, but even so Why not vote No! as a protest to this group of manipulative politics? Why not start afresh with a clean slate as free minded Kenyans?

mukhamba!
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:12:57 AM

@Prof.J.T.Ouma, unfortunately, the majority of the people that will vote for YES are not on Wazua...
PONDI
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:54:01 AM

if in the unlikely event I vote 'yes', I shall do so wearing white gloves, like the french when they voted in chirac against le pen. am currently leaning towards 'no'
SUSU
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:22:10 AM

mukhamba! wrote:
@ SUSU..how sure are you? What are they doing in Nigeria right now?

See what I don't understand is why they can not use the same courts as the other kenyans...Does that mean they do not want to interact with US..christians?

Mukamba I dont think u know what u r saying...Ati "how sure you?" ...ok ..am not sure ..what a bout you are you sure of what u r sayn? .. were u there when it all happened? what makes u think it's the Muslims and not the Christians who started it?...Christians are peacefull sio? Then who was killing who soon after the Election?
...."See what I don't understand is why they can not use the same courts as the other kenyans"... you dont even know that Muslims ARE USING THE SAME COURTS AS KENYANS...My friend get ur facts rigt b4 saying anything u know not...Go vote "NO" .. I might also vote "NO" ... BUT stop comparing what Nigerians do with what Kenyan Muslims will do. There r many dirty things done by churches in Europe and America but I can't say you also do.. I will be stupid if I do.
mukhamba!
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 11:50:19 AM

This is not a religion war you know: You want to make it one...Post election violence was between kenyans you fool..not Christians! How's that for a fact?
Obi 1 Kanobi
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:52:19 PM

I don't know where people got this idea that you need to have read the new constitution for you to vote for it. There is nothing wrong with voting against something you don't want, PERIOD.

When a shoe is pinching, you don't have to limp around in pain searching for a suitable pair before you take off the bad shoe, you simply take off the offending shoe first to get some relief.

In our case, we are lucky we already have a second pair, how will we know it fits if some are telling us its worse than the pinching shoe even before we or they try it.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins