wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kimunya appoints KAA MD within 24hours of his appointment
Fundaah
#1 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 8:16:58 AM

This relatively young politician...and accountant is disappointing the youth of the nation by propagating arrogance and and impunity ...which we have all along believed belongs to the white haired fossils .....

Will Khalwale say Kimunya must go again?

http://www.standardmedia...008395&cid=159&
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
sorovi
#2 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 10:46:49 AM

this guy never learns... why put yourself on the spot again... but again what do we expect from politicians
chepkel
#3 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 11:03:17 AM

He is arrogant and i hate him!!!!!!!
B.Timer
#4 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 12:50:35 PM

Kimunya is a practical man.
I was glad that he saved us the shenanigans and convolutions that the matter was beginning to attract.
This would have held us back till kingdom come. Now the Qattar Hotel and associated developments can start in earnest.
We need the dollars.
We need more practical people like Kimunya to get things moving - as the busybodies continue burning the midnight oil, plotting on how to derail us.

Look at the confusion at the TJRC for example - accusations and counter accusations.
We are stuck.

On the KAA matter, it would have got worse if fellows had decided to go to court as this would keep us in abeyance for years.

The kwale Tiomin project was held captive by this kind of games to a point where the investor began getting fatigued.
And by the way, Anyang Nyongo did the same, nay worse, and didnt attract this kind of comments.
"Doubling the standards"!
Dunia ni msongamano..
Hardhitter
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:37:33 AM

B.Timer. kweli kabisa. an indecisive leader brings about a vacuum filled by speculation, confusoin and so on
Fundaah
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:19:56 AM

B.Timer wrote:

And by the way, Anyang Nyongo did the same, nay worse, and didnt attract this kind of comments.
"Doubling the standards"!
@B.Timer. do two wrongs make a right?...or I just am matter of saying anything to look different...

Do you know its your taxes being wasted ...or you dont pay taxes...
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
B.Timer
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:53:34 AM

At no time did I remotely suggest that it is okay on the basis that other people have done it in the past.
I only drew a parrallel on the the issue of double standards. If you consider it wrong, then it should remain a wrong regardless of who is doing it.
Subsequently, if you criticise Kimunya for doing it, we will be compelled to check if you raised a finger when Anyang did worse.

My take remains that Kimunya saved us waste of time, consternation and running in round circles a la headless chicken.

And for your info after the vetting et al, Gichuki came tops by a wide margin.

He is fit for the job, what else do people want, - politicking ad infinitum!!!!
Dunia ni msongamano..
Seeders
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:14:08 AM

if you are decisive, you are arrogant. if you are indecisive, you are a fence sitter and weak leader.
niando
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:41:15 AM

While I do not have a problem with Kadhis court and do not see much issue on abortion in the draft, or even land ,this action seals my 'NO' vote.We will have a constitution with imperial president who can trash the law and appoint his cousins , mother, father and brothers to head government offices na aseme mtado?
We need to have a proper check on the highest office.

In this case the parliament advised the executive against Gichukis appointment, but Gichuki was appointed .Mtado?

Do we expect the same parliament to check future appointments when the draft is passed?
Fungueni macho
For bookkeeping and bank loan interest recalculation try us:niando.becia@gmail.com
B.Timer
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:02:10 AM

@Niando
Yours is a legitimate concern though not necessarily hinged on hard facts.

As far as I can recollect, Parliment never passed a resolution to have the matter of appointing a KAA ceo readvertised.

You might be confusing the house committe's position, which remains a mere observation till adopted by the house.

We wouldnt know which way the house would go when/if the matter is brought to the floor.

Take heart, the draft constitution is a tad too stringent on the Executive as pertains such appointments.
Being a constitutional requirement no president can ignore it.

Dunia ni msongamano..