wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Access at home
abgupta
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:18:39 PM

Access Kenya is advertising bandwidth of 128/128 daytime and 128/256 night time for Kes 4,000 per month plus VAT of course through their brochures under their Value Unlimited scheme. But when you get connected they give 32/128. Simply cheating the clients- daylight robbery-- If you approach them, they say that bosses have printed the brochures but not given go ahead to their lower staff to implement this offer.

Juha Kalulu
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:53:57 AM

Abgupta,

I signed up with access@home 17 months ago and have enjoyed their services. Of course like any other service provider there are downtimes but they are usually resolved quickly. I also saw the new bandwidths they advertised and when i called to inquire they told me they are running tests and would start upgrading their clients towards end of April, early May. Access have the most reliable home internet in the market. Last year i tried KDN and zuku and was monumentally dissappointed. I now want to get another connection for my consulting outfit in kilimani. Access are dependable abgupta.
Horton
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:21:34 AM

hi...ive been with access for about 2years and...been relatively happy. Ive tried zuku, safcom, orange, and africaonline...and wasnt too impressed. my Access package is the 6000bob one which says we should get 512kbs but i end up getting 1.3-1.7mbps off peak as a standard speed. peak time, i get anything between 256k-400k.

However, their support & customer service is not very good!! U have to really chase them to get something done
KulaRaha
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:46:29 AM

Wow, this is interesting. I live in a gated community, and we have one Zuku user, one tangerine user and 3 access users.

The access guys are always unhappy, lines are down, speeds are lousy and apparently customer service there is run by zombies.

The Zuku guy is new connection, so not much feedback yet.

Im the Tangerine guy, line is always up, and even if there is a small isue, they resolve immediately. Quite friendly and helpful.

Pricewise, the access guys are getting fleeced, Im paying premium, and the Zuku guy is getting it almost for free.

From this, I can conclude Access is the most widespread, but essentially the worst product (kinda like Safcom, everyones on it, but everyone hates it!).
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming