wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Khadhi Courts. They might be cast in stone.
#1 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2010 9:45:06 AM

One could argue that and for lack of a better phrase, Kenyatta on behalf of this nation (you and I) 'made a pact with the ......'

Read on and maybe this might change your vie on the courts.

Prior to independence and at the beginning of the Lancaster House constitutional talks, the British Government and the Sultan of Zanzibar appointed a commissioner, James Robertson, to report on the changes considered advisable in the 1895 Agreement relating to the coastal strip of Kenya as a result of the course of constitutional development of East Africa. In his report, Mr. Robertson recommended that the coastal strip be merged with the mainland before self-government and independence subject to certain safeguards being given to the Muslims of Kenya, which safeguards should be entrenched in the constitution. The Commissioner recommended that the Kadhis courts should not only be retained but also integrated within the judiciary under the Chief Justice's administration. Robertson also recommended that the 1895 Agreement be abrogated and another one made in its stead between the Governments of Kenya and Zanzibar.

This was done and on 5/10/1963 a new agreement was entered into between the Governments of Kenya and Zanzibar through Prime Ministers Jomo Kenyatta and M. Shamte respectively, in which agreement the Sultan of Zanzibar relinquished his sovereignty over the coastal strip in return for Kenya, among other things, guaranteeing the existence of the Kadhis courts at all times.

http://africa.peacelink..../articles/art_2120.html

BBI will solve it
:)
Much Know
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 7:42:35 AM

This shamte of zanzibar and his fellow arabs never owned the coast in the first place, but are very recent arrivals to the region. They 'controlled' the area through violence and used it as a launching pad for capturing, storing and shipping slaves, thats the history you are forgetting. Supporting the claims of this unreasonable arabs who cannot let anyone construct a church where they come from is simply wrong, i will not vote for this ills to be entrenched in the constitution. In any case they can take a ship back to the middle east and get the full deal as in stone women, chop of hands, stop work to pray, fathers drowning their naughty daughters as others screw each other in the arse.
A New Kenya
masukuma
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 1:07:37 PM

Not without a fight...we will stand and oppose regardless of the odds against us.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
SUSU
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 9:58:11 PM

@Much Know

It seam u know nothing... but u realy r very very good in INSULTS ... what a dirty mouth we have in the club.... u've won an oscar ... ati screw each other in the what??? and u call urself a Christian?? U forgot just juzi hapa two of our OWN SO CALLED KENYAN AFRICAN BOYS declared themselves a husband and wife ...Where do u think these two KENYAN AFRICANS are going to screw each other in the what??? and don't forget the scandals that the Church leaders in the world are caught up in (doing dirty things to Boys) ... are these what u call ARABS ama ni WAAFRICA WENZETU??? Wacha weweeeee.. If u have nothing to say then better just SHUT THAT CAVITY of urs up... U are giving us a very dirty name by spitting such filth in the public.. UCHAFU is every where not with WAZUNGUS, ARABS, MUHINDIZ OR AFRICANS... Open ur eyes and look around u...Shame on you
masukuma
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:41:32 AM

Pro 14:12 There's a way of life that looks harmless enough; look again--it leads straight to hell.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:19:40 AM

The way I see it, as Christians there are three ways to look at this and only two options available:

The Khadhi Courts are in the current constitution and from experience they have not caused any harm. Vote: YES

We are writing a new Constitution and we have/had an opportunity to remove or replace what is not desirable. Vote: NO

The current constitution has expired and we are in a constitutional crisis so pass the new one because it's much better than the current. Vote: YES

Ponder on that.

BBI will solve it
masukuma
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:40:57 AM

Beware of the Camel's Nose!

Camel : Please sir I am very cold, kindly do relent Permit me to insert nose in your desert tent

Arab: Okay, get your nose inside!

Camel :Sir kindly allow me to insert one foreleg. It is very cold outside, I do humbly beg

Arab: Okay stick one leg inside!

Camel : Please sir, do allow inside my other foreleg as well As one foreleg cold other warm will make me unwell

Arab: Go ahead put your other foreleg inside!

Camel : Please sir, how about allowing one hind leg inside tent My hind legs are freezing master kindly do give consent

Arab: Alright, pull in one hind leg!

Camel : Sir my three legs are cozy inside and only one is outside Allow me to pull fourth one inside camel piteously cried

Arab: Sigh! Okayyy pull your fourth leg in!

Thus gradually with a lot of cajoling entreaty and guile Camel fully occupied desert tent and Arab lost his smile

Arab: Hey! Wait a minute! There is no room for me!

The camel with wily words placed himself fully inside
Displacing Arab out of warm tent to languish outside

Arab: Dayyyyummm! Ya Homar, ya kalb!

Ya homar = you donkey.

Ya kalb = you dog.
masukuma
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:54:49 AM

@2012, there is a 3rd option - force the MPigs to change the review act!!!
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:46:36 AM

masukuma wrote:
@2012, there is a 3rd option - force the MPigs to change the review act!!!

We all know that that ain't gonna happen. This bus is past that stage. They had a month to decide and believe me taking it back won't make a difference.

My fear is that the Lancaster Constitution expired when we fought in 2007/8 and what Annan left us with is a temporally cease fire agreement. We are in a constitutional crisis and let no one tell you that we won't have a vacuum if we reject this draft because we cannot afford to go back to the current in 2012.

So now, what will you do?

BBI will solve it
masukuma
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:58:31 AM

Quote:
We all know that that ain't gonna happen. This bus is past that stage. They had a month to decide and believe me taking it back won't make a difference.

@2012, thats what some MPigs want us to believe. You know a lie repeated many time and by many people can sound like the truth. Parliament is the SUPREME law making organ in Kenya. They can if they wish to. Didn't they repeal section 2A of the constitution that made kenya a de jure one party state?
We don't have to resign ourselves to our fate (a bad constitution) because Raila or Kibaki Said SO!!! NO!!! if they don't we vote NO!! so that they know they can't take us for granted and ignore our advice.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:59:31 PM

masukuma wrote:
@2012, thats what some MPigs want us to believe. You know a lie repeated many time and by many people can sound like the truth. Parliament is the SUPREME law making organ in Kenya.

@masukuma,

It's not what they want me to believe, it's what I have seen and know. It will go back to parliament, they will debate and when it comes to voting there will be no quorum then Wako will have to publish what he's publishing.

Back to your argument, why then don't you vote YES and let parliament, the SUPREME law making organ amend it after?

BBI will solve it
masukuma
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:08:31 PM

@2012,..very clever...so you are asking me to compromise on things dear to me and vote for this draft (or is it daft) constitution, my 'YES' vote which may be taken as a rubber-stamp of all that is wrong with it. Then await for some distant future...some glad morning for that group of 'leaders' who have been ignoring me previously and currently to change it to my favor - I DON'T THINK SO!!
masukuma
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:48:01 PM

Just a thought...what are the repercussions of removal of Kadhi's courts from the constitution?
1) They continue to exist only funded by SUPKEM or NAMLEF or some other religious body.
2) We stop paying public servants in the name of Kadhis and Chief Kadhi (whose only public job is to declare they have seen the moon) with money from our public coffers and let them be paid by the people they serve.
3) Nothing!!!